Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2004, 03:00 AM   #1
JeeberD
General Manager

What the hell got into Ksyrup?

The man is on a posting binge! He currently has the third most posts at FOFC, 250 more than the immortal QuikSand and only 600 behind SkyDog.

Who knew that you could talk that much about crappy music?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 03:22 AM   #2
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Who knew that you could talk that much about crappy music?

You better be talking about The Onion article he posting talking about Matchbox 20.

Last edited by mckerney : 10-06-2004 at 03:23 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:23 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Let me go revise my rankings to drop the Astros just above the Yankees on my list of who I want to win the world series...

The scary thing is, if anyone actually knew/liked 10% of the bands I post about and engaged me in a discussion about them, I'd probably have more posts than you!

Quick, someone give me a list of Grantdawg's favorite CDs so I can post about how much they suck.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:15 AM   #4
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Duran Duran's Greatest Hits

Journey's Greatest Hits

Jim Nabors' Greatest Hits

Skydog's Greatest Hits
Old 10-06-2004, 08:32 AM   #5
Ksyrup

Duran Duran has a new album out (or coming out) that's a full-fledged return to 80's new wave. All the original members, too. GD should be pretty happy.

Journey's Greatest Hits...which one? I think there are 17 official ones out there. And my wife owns every one of them. :o

Jim Nabors...I'm not going there.

SD hasn't had a hit. That's something I know for sure.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #6
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
SD hasn't had a hit. That's something I know for sure.

Uh-oh. Someone's going to the box!

Great line btw.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:23 AM   #7
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hey, I replied to your post about Jellyfish! :-P
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 12:00 PM   #8
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Hey, I replied to your post about Jellyfish! :-P

...which should be required listening for all music fans.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:17 PM   #9
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
...which should be required listening for all music fans.

yes it should. Have you heard the band Rooney? They kind of (emphasis on kind of) remind me of jellyfish.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:50 PM   #10
Ksyrup

Yeah, I've heard them. They have the slightest J-fish flavoring, but overall, they never quite kept my attention.

The CD every J-fish fan should have is Bully by Sugarbomb. They only put out one album before they got dropped by their label and broke up, but it's got J-fish, ELO, and Queen all over it. You can probably find it in the cut-out bin, too.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:12 PM   #11
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My real favorites (which I know I'm opening myself up for crap)...

1) U2 Sunday Bloody Sunday

2) U2 War

3) Duran Duran Greatest (point to Cam)

4) No Doubt Tragic Kingdom

5) Gateway Learning Hooked on Phonics

GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:14 PM   #12
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Sunday Bloody Sunday? Is that an album?
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:16 PM   #13
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Sunday Bloody Sunday? Is that an album?

Sorry, wrong line. Under a Blood Read Sky was what I was thinking of.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #14
Ksyrup

I now see where the previous episode came from - must have been related to No Doubt. I can't stand that band, and I'm pretty sure I ripped into that Madonna wannabe bitch lead singer on this board once or twice.

U2, I've never liked, but I certainly see the value of what they contributed to music. I didn't like them in the 80's because they weren't "my" kind of music, and by the time I was open enough to accept them, they got all full of themselves and I refused to give them a chance at that point. In another life, they'd probably be my favorite band.

Duran Duran...eh. Looking back, they were a good 80's band for that kind of music, but the problem I have with most 80's music is that it doesn't really stand the test of time very well. It sounds dated.

I was into Hooked on Phonics as a kid, but then it became all about the vowels with them. Once they sold out like that, I moved on.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:25 PM   #15
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Duran Duran...eh. Looking back, they were a good 80's band for that kind of music, but the problem I have with most 80's music is that it doesn't really stand the test of time very well. It sounds dated.

What do you mean it sounds dated? It is dated. It's 20 years old. It's the equivalent of 60s music in the 80s.

Don't dump on Hungry Like the Wolf.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:29 PM   #16
GrantDawg

Quote:
I now see where the previous episode came from - must have been related to No Doubt. I can't stand that band, and I'm pretty sure I ripped into that Madonna wannabe bitch lead singer on this board once or twice.

U2, I've never liked, but I certainly see the value of what they contributed to music. I didn't like them in the 80's because they weren't "my" kind of music, and by the time I was open enough to accept them, they got all full of themselves and I refused to give them a chance at that point. In another life, they'd probably be my favorite band.

I was into Hooked on Phonics as a kid, but then it became all about the vowels with them. Once they sold out like that, I moved on.

Actually, the "previous episode" had nothing to do with any band I listen to that you ripped. It is the way you and some of your musical elitist ilk come off when you talk about music. "I'm the only person that has taste, and all bands that I don't like suck. BOW TO ME, EARTHLINGS." It is crap.

Musical taste is personal. Everyone has different opinion. What is crap to you might be great to some, what is great to you might be crap to some. There is nothing wrong with stating an opinion, but when you state it like "anyone who likes that is sheep. They don't know good music," it completely turns me off.

Another little clue: Everyone who has a hit record hasn't "sold out." That is the other thing that drives me nuts. If it is popular "it must be crap, because good music is only liked by no more than 10 people at a time."
Old 10-06-2004, 01:30 PM   #17
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
What do you mean it sounds dated? It is dated. It's 20 years old. It's the equivalent of 60s music in the 80s.

Don't dump on Hungry Like the Wolf.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:33 PM   #18
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

What the hell got into Ksyrup? A trout.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:41 PM   #19
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Hungry Like the Wolf still makes me want to go hunting for supermodels in the Brazilian rain forest.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:10 PM   #20
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
Actually, the "previous episode" had nothing to do with any band I listen to that you ripped. It is the way you and some of your musical elitist ilk come off when you talk about music. "I'm the only person that has taste, and all bands that I don't like suck. BOW TO ME, EARTHLINGS." It is crap.

Sorry I've come off that way to you, because that's not my intention. I'd also like to see what you think is a comment I've made that fits this description, because I can't recall any. I have strong opinions on what I like and don't like, but that's no reflection on you as someone who likes that kind of music or band.

Quote:
Musical taste is personal. Everyone has different opinion. What is crap to you might be great to some, what is great to you might be crap to some. There is nothing wrong with stating an opinion, but when you state it like "anyone who likes that is sheep. They don't know good music," it completely turns me off.

I see, so it's OK to have an opinion, as long as it's not a negative opinion, because you can't separate my opinion of the music from the people who listen to it. Then, that's just me being a fucking elitist. I got it.

Quote:
Another little clue: Everyone who has a hit record hasn't "sold out." That is the other thing that drives me nuts. If it is popular "it must be crap, because good music is only liked by no more than 10 people at a time."

I've tried to stay pretty far away from calling bands sell outs simply because they've had a hit. In fact, we had a thread about that not too long ago, and I don't recall what I posted specifically, but I'd be shocked to find that I made such a blanket statement. On a case-by-case basis, maybe, but not in general. Methinks you are calling me out for something that's not specific to me, or that I don't even take part in. Which I don't appreciate, btw.

The undercurrent here is that I truly believe some people hear music, and other people listen to music. Doesn't make anyone better or worse than the other, but it's a fact. Some people have built up an impressive collection of CDs that serve as background noise for work and in the car. That's what they want out of music, and that's what they take from it. That's fine, but that's not me.

So, if I'm guilty of anything, it's (attempting to) put as much thought and analysis into my comments of various bands' music as a movie critic does in critiquing movies. And speaking as someone who clearly does not understand (nor wants to) the "art" in movies, I'm perfectly content with being the guy who reads Roger Ebert's blasting of Police Academy XII and responds with a "but it made me laugh and that's all that matters to me" comment.

Well, when it comes to music, I look deeper than just the fact that a certain segment of the listening audience likes it. As art, I think some bands' output falls way below standard, and I don't see a problem with calling them on it. That doesn't mean it's a crime for someone to listen to it, but it just means that I don't consider it to be particularly worthy of my listening to it. Hell, I think that about some of the stuff I actually like - I have CDs of bands I don't particularly think much of from an artistic perspective, but that doesn't stop me from listening to them because for some reason, I like it.

Anyway, next time you have a problem with me, especially one where you lump me in with my "ilk," try PM'ing me about it, rather than taking a personal shot at me, unprovoked and from out of the blue.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:11 PM   #21
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
What the hell got into Ksyrup? A trout.

Actually, the wife got her hands on a strap-on, and...well, you know.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #22
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

I didn't know you were into that... if I had to get it was a black strap on?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:22 PM   #23
Buzzbee
College Starter

*sticks fingers in ears*

Lalalalalalala. I'm not listening. Lalalalalalala. Too much information. Lalalalalalala. Still not listening. Lalalalalala. Is it over yet? Lalalalalalala.

*slowly takes fingers out of ears*
Old 10-06-2004, 02:26 PM   #24
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Click me
Old 10-06-2004, 02:29 PM   #25
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

A strap on trout? I must be so naive to have thought such things didn't exist.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:37 PM   #26
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
A strap on trout? I must be so naive to have thought such things didn't exist.

SI

I had the A-Team, McGyver, and Ty from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition take a regular strap-on and retro-fit it for our purposes.

Now she's able to "go fishin'."

Old 10-06-2004, 02:39 PM   #27
Ksyrup

Oh, and I think people who use regular strap-ons, or - God forbid - ordinary dildos, SUCK.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:40 PM   #28
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
I had the A-Team, McGyver, and Ty from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition take a regular strap-on and retro-fit it for our purposes.

Now she's able to "go fishin'."

So now you have an armor plated trout that can get in and out of tight spots and looks great in the living room?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:40 PM   #29
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Oh, and I think people who use regular strap-ons, or - God forbid - ordinary dildos, SUCK.

No Doubt.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:42 PM   #30
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
So now you have an armor plated trout that can get in and out of tight spots and looks great in the living room?

Not so much on the latter. Shoulda called the Queer Eye guys, I guess.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:46 PM   #31
rkmsuf
Head Coach

First one to post a pic gets to go visit Slapbone.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:46 PM   #32
Buzzbee
College Starter

Aaaah. An armor plated wiggling trout that can get in and out of tight spots and doubles as an "end" table.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:47 PM   #33
Ksyrup

Sorry, you'll have to wait for the Paris Hilton III: Troutin' it up in Tally video.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:51 PM   #34
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Sorry, you'll have to wait for the Paris Hilton III: Troutin' it up in Tally video.

Paris Hilton cant give head for nothing...
Old 10-06-2004, 02:54 PM   #35
Subby
lolzcat

1) Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
2) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Freaky Styley
3) Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
4) Tenacious D - Tenacious D
5) The Pixies - Debaser
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 03:00 PM   #36
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Hi Ksyrup. You and your trout are cute!

Last edited by rkmsuf : 10-06-2004 at 03:00 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 03:29 PM   #37
Ksyrup

No lie, I'm flipping channels one night over the weekend, and I stopped on VH1 or some other music channel, and a picture of Gwenabitch came up, and my wife says, "Is that Madonna?!"

Which gave me the perfect platform from which to dive into a profanity-laced tirade about her.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:30 PM   #38
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Which was a perfect segway in dildo/trout/rectum action.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:30 PM   #39
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
1) Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
2) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Freaky Styley
3) Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
4) Tenacious D - Tenacious D
5) The Pixies - Debaser

Music snob.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:30 PM   #40
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Which was a perfect segway in dildo/trout/rectum action.

No, that kinda ruined the mood, actually.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:31 PM   #41
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Music snob.
Heh - if I had put some stupid Wilco album on there maybe
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:03 PM   #42
GrantDawg

Quote:
blah!

Whatever Ksyrup. I tried to explain and you just mischaracterize what I say. I don't have anything against you except how you come across talking about music. I'll just ignore those post from now on. Have a nice day.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:43 PM   #43
korme
Go Reds

what has happened to me, i was once in a tight battle with skydog for 5th, and now i've fallen nearly out of the top 10
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:44 PM   #44
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
what has happened to me, i was once in a tight battle with skydog for 5th, and now i've fallen nearly out of the top 10

You got a life outside the internet.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:45 PM   #45
korme
Go Reds

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:46 PM   #46
JeeberD
General Manager

Suckah!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:46 PM   #47
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281

Its a good thing man you actually talk to real people...
Old 10-06-2004, 05:49 PM   #48
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Suckah!

It's posts like this that show why Jeebs is the front runner

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:10 PM   #49
Ksyrup

Quote:
Whatever Ksyrup. I tried to explain and you just mischaracterize what I say. I don't have anything against you except how you come across talking about music. I'll just ignore those post from now on. Have a nice day.

I'd appreciate that, seeing as though I've never addressed you about your music tastes personally, yet you felt it necessary to accuse me of something you won't bother to prove I've done, while admitting that you lump me in with others who do the same thing. I'm glad I could be your personal punching bag to get your frustrations out about music elitists.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:15 PM   #50
GrantDawg

Quote:
I'd appreciate that, seeing as though I've never addressed you about your music tastes personally, yet you felt it necessary to accuse me of something you won't bother to prove I've done, while admitting that you lump me in with others who do the same thing. I'm glad I could be your personal punching bag to get your frustrations out about music elitists.

You're welcome.