Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2003, 09:11 PM   #1
DaleJrFan81599
In The Penalty Box

Lots of Anti-War Rhetoric

I'd like to say that all of the people mentioned in this board have the right to free speech, because this is a free country, well almost.

But during the Grammy Awards, I heard an incorrect statement from Fred Durst, whoever the hell he is, wrong in grammar, and missing a backup statement.

"Oh, I think we're all in AGREEANCE (supposed to be Agreement) that this war should end soon"

However for CBS, a network ironically backed by the right (the music industry mostly being left) a network hosting the grammys not to cut this out is downright wrong. Why did they cut Sheryll Crow's song, and why didnt they cut this juvenile delinquent who probably adds offensive lyrics brainwashing children all over the U.S off? Regardless, this backs up my statements on other boards around the net that Actors, and Musicians are not Politicians. Instead of the grammys being about awarding musical achievement, it's turned into a political rally.

I'm pretty sure, all of us, who watch ESPN with great interest have heard about Toni Smith, a Female College Basketball player who opposes the U.S Flag when the National Anthem is played. Pay no attention to this terrorist, America. It's obvious that Smith has her facts wrong, the professors mainly showing radical ideas and needs to learn in a less radical environment.

There's only one thing that keeps me from wanting these people arrested or dragged out and tortured, that is our Constitution. If these people want to dis the U.S Flag, or disrespect our President, then they should get the hell out of our country. Sure, they may have the right to free speech, but to my eyes, I don't give a rat's tail.

DaleJrFan81599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
astralhaze
College Prospect

Seig heil mein fuhrer!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Personally I think Fred Durst is a turd but, to say you want people who disagree with your beliefs dragged out and tortured does not say much about you as a person either.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:27 PM   #4
DaleJrFan81599
In The Penalty Box

Only if it were possible, I didn't mean it as if I wanted it to really happen. What I meant to say was that these Events which award Musical and Acting Achievement should'nt be turned into indoctrination stations.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:30 PM   #5
McSweeny
College Starter

but isn't protest a very big part of music? it always has been and it always will be. Why should an award show for musicians be any different?
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:30 PM   #6
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I agree with you about keeping politics out of award shows and whatnot but
Quote:
Only if it were possible

hearing things like this just bother the hell out of me.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:31 PM   #7
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I now dub thee Asshat-haze.

Dale fan said the thing that makes him not want to have these appeasers beaten and tortured is the Constitution.

If this really were Nazi Germany, then your ass would be sitting in a jail cell right now, because you don't support this government... but that doesn't matter because pointing out that in America, you're free to act like an asshat doesn't really support the belief of most appeasers that President Bush is a Nazi, that he's a bigger threat than Saddam, and that if we all listen to Sheryl Crow, the world will be a better place.

/rant
Old 02-26-2003, 09:36 PM   #8
Buddy Grant
High School JV

Personally I am in complete agreeance with DaleJrFan, it's about time this country learned to butter it's muffin. And to those flag burning folksingers that protested the other day, that's not free speech, that's free garbage.
Buddy Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:41 PM   #9
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards

Dale fan said the thing that makes him not want to have these appeasers beaten and tortured is the Constitution.

If this really were Nazi Germany, then your ass would be sitting in a jail cell right now, because you don't support this government... but that doesn't matter because pointing out that in America, you're free to act like an asshat doesn't really support the belief of most appeasers that President Bush is a Nazi, that he's a bigger threat than Saddam, and that if we all listen to Sheryl Crow, the world will be a better place.

/rant

That was not my point. Whether you consider people who are against the war appeasers or not is irrelevant. My bone to pick were his two statements. One, that he would beat them and torture them if not for the constitution and two, that anyone who criticizes the government should leave the country. Doesn't sound like he is really in favor of freedom now does it? Freedom of speech, as long as you agree with dalejr.
astralhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:44 PM   #10
DaleJrFan81599
In The Penalty Box

Doesn't sound like we're in freedom when you haze support music award events which turn into political indoctrination stations. Where are the majority's free speech rights ?
Old 02-26-2003, 09:45 PM   #11
McSweeny
College Starter

why should i have to leave the country if i don't agree with the government? i don't remember signing any contract or anything
Old 02-26-2003, 09:49 PM   #12
Subby
lolzcat

I totally agree with Buddy Grant. Those fuckmasters can just go fuck some fucking animals or some other shit that dope-smoking fucking communists do.

I mean go live in another country like Guam or Micronesia or Puerto Rico or something where they don't have the great Constitution of the USA.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:54 PM   #13
DaleJrFan81599
In The Penalty Box

Yeah, does it look like those damn flagburners have a better way to govern our country, do they have a solution ? I'd like to see em try. Will those flagburners protect our borders ? They'll most likely make us all follow Lenin.

In World War II, after Pearl Harbor, men and women from all around signed up for military service. After Sept. 11th, only 2 hours after, protests emerged all around college campuses.

You do the math, it's time the majority take back America, the real roughnecks, the guys who are pious, the guys who love those all-american words called Liberty and Justice and the Republic for which it stands. We've been hiding our true feelings for too long, I stand behind my President, the Congress, and the Senate.

Last edited by DaleJrFan81599 : 02-26-2003 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:01 PM   #14
McSweeny
College Starter

more power to you

no one is stopping you from enlisting in the army, go right ahead
Old 02-26-2003, 10:02 PM   #15
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by DaleJrFan81599

We've been hiding our true feelings for too long, I stand behind my President, the Congress, and the Senate.

Here's a quick civics lession for ya Dale. The Senate is part of Congress.

Last edited by lynchjm24 : 02-26-2003 at 10:02 PM.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 10:03 PM   #16
McSweeny
College Starter

boo-yah
Old 02-26-2003, 10:21 PM   #17
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Doesn't sound like we're in freedom when you haze support music award events which turn into political indoctrination stations. Where are the majority's free speech rights ?

That has nothing to do with free speech. That has to do with corporate programing choices. As for your question, you ever watch Fox News?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:22 PM   #18
McSweeny
College Starter

you mean the government doesn't run the grammys?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:26 PM   #19
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Yeah, does it look like those damn flagburners have a better way to govern our country, do they have a solution ?

I have never burned a flag, nor had any desire to, nor do I forsee myself doing so in the future. I do support the right to burn the flag, but that is another conversation. Yes, we have solutions, you won't want to hear them though.

Quote:

I'd like to see em try. Will those flagburners protect our borders ? They'll most likely make us all follow Lenin.

Yup, most likely

Quote:

In World War II, after Pearl Harbor, men and women from all around signed up for military service. After Sept. 11th, only 2 hours after, protests emerged all around college campuses.

They did?

Quote:

You do the math, it's time the majority take back America, the real roughnecks, the guys who are pious, the guys who love those all-american words called Liberty and Justice and the Republic for which it stands. We've been hiding our true feelings for too long, I stand behind my President, the Congress, and the Senate.

Yeah, you stand behind liberty and justice allright. As long as they agree with you. Otherwise, torture and kill em.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:33 PM   #20
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by astralhaze

Yeah, you stand behind liberty and justice allright. As long as they agree with you. Otherwise, torture and kill em.

Awesome.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 10:34 PM   #21
KWhit
Coordinator

Hey Dale,

Are you ROBINPHOENIX from the OOTP boards?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:39 PM   #22
KWhit
Coordinator

Re: Lots of Anti-War Rhetoric

Quote:
But during the Grammy Awards, I heard an incorrect statement from Fred Durst, whoever the hell he is, wrong in grammar, and missing a backup statement.

Are you really criticizing his grammar with this sentence?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:42 PM   #23
zippy256
n00b

Quote:
America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say 'You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man who's words make your blood boil, and who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours.' You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of it's citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.

-Micheal Douglas, The American President

That about sums up my feelings on the issue.
zippy256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 10:47 PM   #24
astralhaze
College Prospect

Amen.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:52 PM   #25
DaleJrFan81599
In The Penalty Box

Well, that was from a movie. Again, what right do actors and actresses have to participate in the world stage of Politics ?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:55 PM   #26
KWhit
Coordinator

Because they are American citizens.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:00 PM   #27
McSweeny
College Starter

what right do you have to participate in the world of politics?
Old 02-26-2003, 11:02 PM   #28
DaleJrFan81599
In The Penalty Box

An answer to the other man, Yes I watch Fox News. I watch all the networks. A point I want to get out, if they want to protest, fine. But if they turn around and start burning Stars and Stripes, then there's got to be a problem.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:53 PM   #29
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Dale: Ronald Reagan, Charlton Heston, Arnold, those bastards should be tortured for their beliefs too. I mean crap, what the hell do some dumbass actors know?

Subby: Since no one else will say it, hah hah! (Micronesia was an especially good choice)
Old 02-27-2003, 12:29 AM   #30
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
An answer to the other man, Yes I watch Fox News. I watch all the networks. A point I want to get out, if they want to protest, fine. But if they turn around and start burning Stars and Stripes, then there's got to be a problem.

Who is burning the flag? Where is this rampant flag burning? What the fuck are you talking about? You start with one statement, then move to another one, then another one, with no consistency whatsoever besides the theme that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a flag burner, communist, should be tortured and killed, aborts and eats fetuses, etc. Then you have the balls to start a thread about how your free speech rights were being infringed upon because they made some jokes about Dale Earnhardt? Jesus Christ allmighty.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:37 AM   #31
DaleJrFan81599
In The Penalty Box

Your remarks mean nothing to me Astralhaze, Free speech to one man can mean the other to the latter. So, cry me a river about your politics and your personal attacks. I don't give a blast anymore
Old 02-27-2003, 02:06 AM   #32
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Your remarks mean nothing to me Astralhaze, Free speech to one man can mean the other to the latter. So, cry me a river about your politics and your personal attacks. I don't give a blast anymore

Old 02-27-2003, 02:27 AM   #33
andy m
High School Varsity

burn all flags.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:56 AM   #34
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have to admit that this is one of the funniest threads I have read in some time. I'm glad I missed it.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 06:01 AM   #35
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Grant
Personally I am in complete agreeance with DaleJrFan, it's about time this country learned to butter it's muffin. And to those flag burning folksingers that protested the other day, that's not free speech, that's free garbage.

When you say "this country" you, of course, mean Canada - right?

Last edited by Fritz : 02-27-2003 at 07:14 AM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 07:10 AM   #36
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards

/rant

So, we would then agree that the Constitution is in place to keep people like him from going after anybody who doesn't share his beliefs? He talks about 'if you disrespect the president, get the hell out'. Well, since I don't agree with many of the steps he is taking in the current conflict, does that mean he thinks I am 'disrespecting him' and should get the hell out too?
Old 02-27-2003, 07:11 AM   #37
Tarkus
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by ice4277
So, we would then agree that the Constitution is in place to keep people like him from going after anybody who doesn't share his beliefs? He talks about 'if you disrespect the president, get the hell out'. Well, since I don't agree with many of the steps he is taking in the current conflict, does that mean he thinks I am 'disrespecting him' and should get the hell out too?

Yes.

Tarkus
Old 02-27-2003, 07:29 AM   #38
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Question for dalejr. If it were in your power, would you abolish the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution? I know that sounds like a loaded question, but I ask it seriously based on your initial comment.

Statement by albionmoonight. The best way to counteract those who disagree with you is not to advocate for their death and exile and call them stupid. It is instead to use your free speech rights to present your side of the story in such a way that people cannot help but agree with you because you are right.

Finally--for extremists on both sides who are wondering how to "convert" a moderate like me. If you are against the war, do NOT tell me that I "want to kill Iraqi babies" because I do not sign your anti-war petition (as one woman told me when I refused to sign her petition); if you are for the war, do not tell me that I am unAmerican or that I should leave the country because I believe that war should be our reluctant last resort. Calling me names is not converting me, people.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 07:38 AM   #39
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Finally--for extremists on both sides who are wondering how to "convert" a moderate like me. If you are against the war, do NOT tell me that I "want to kill Iraqi babies" because I do not sign your anti-war petition (as one woman told me when I refused to sign her petition); if you are for the war, do not tell me that I am unAmerican or that I should leave the country because I believe that war should be our reluctant last resort. Calling me names is not converting me, people.

Amen.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:42 AM   #40
Mountain
Mascot

The irony to me is that someone who is so opposed to totalitarian governments, which torture and kill their citizens for their dissenting views, would advocate the same thing here in America while at the same time stating he is supporting the Constitution.

The beauty of this country is that we have a right to express our disatisfaction with our government without fear of reprisal and retirbution. Your view is all wrong. As an American citizen we have the right to protest our govenrment because of being a citizen, as opposed to having to prove we are right to protest before we do so. It is you who are completely in conflict with the American ideal and our Constitution by suppression of ideas. Your view is far more Leninsit/Stalinist than any of the "liberal" protestors.

Believe it or not, I support the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms because the last resort to an oppressive governemnt is an armed citizenry.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:44 AM   #41
Mountain
Mascot

Oh, and by the way. I feel fairly certain that there was no problem disagreeing with Bill Clinton, so I gues that meant you were disrespecting the president and you should have gotten the Hell out of the counrty from 1992-2000.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:47 AM   #42
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by Mountain
Oh, and by the way. I feel fairly certain that there was no problem disagreeing with Bill Clinton, so I gues that meant you were disrespecting the president and you should have gotten the Hell out of the counrty from 1992-2000.
If he had any honor whatsoever, that rapist would have left the White House on his own because the shame he brought to that office.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:50 AM   #43
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by Mountain
The beauty of this country is that we have a right to express our disatisfaction with our government without fear of reprisal and retirbution.

sure we do
Old 02-27-2003, 08:59 AM   #44
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Wow. This thread lasted exactly two minutes before someone tried to win the argument by comparing the person he disgareed with to a nazi. Two minutes! I think that must be a record, even for FOFC.

Can we start invoking Godwin's Law?
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 09:17 AM   #45
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by Maple Leafs
Wow. This thread lasted exactly two minutes before someone tried to win the argument by comparing the person he disgareed with to a nazi. Two minutes! I think that must be a record, even for FOFC.

Can we start invoking Godwin's Law?

Sweet. I support the invocation.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 09:20 AM   #46
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
Sweet. I support the invocation.

Does this involve an alter and nipple wax?
Old 02-27-2003, 09:28 AM   #47
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Wait, if CBS is backed by the right, why does Dan Rather still work there?
Old 02-27-2003, 09:30 AM   #48
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
Does this involve an alter and nipple wax?

One can only hope.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote