Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 01:40 AM   #1
RendeR
Coordinator

PING: Skydog

Having read a few threads where people are too afraid of being banned to ask the question publicly, I'll do it.

A) Why is the situation with sovstar being covered up like a clinton blowjob?

B) wtf is up with locking threads which are calmly asking for explanations of your actions?

C) Please explain to me what went on with this situation, and don't ask me to PM you, private messaging is blatant cowardice to face the rebuttle of your patrons here. Answer the fooking question.

I'm not here nearly as much as I'd like and when I finally get 2 minutes to rub together to come and see how my friends are doing I find out that not one but TWO people I consider friends have either been banned or simply quit in disgust at the administration. So that screams to me something is rotten in denmark (no offense to any danish friends)

I'm tired , its late and frankly I'm annoyed as hell at the blatant lockdown of this entire conversation. If you want to be a totalitarian fine, lock this thread too. It'll be the clearest signal that you don't give a flying rats ass in hell about this board OR the people on it.

Otherwise I expect, NAY demand a civil and complete explanation as a generally upstanding member of this board.

Thank you.

RendeR

Old 12-12-2004, 02:50 AM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

I agree. Everytime in the past, the whole thing happened publically. Either they clearly broke rule (we saw it or SD did and explained like in the case of creating a 2nd account to troll (LuvThemBulldogs was his name I think)) or it was a judgement call that most did not disagree with it.

But this is completely "behind the scenes". There was nothing for us to see. And it is clearly being covered up. I call bullshit. This is, after all, OUR community. There have been times in the past that SD refered to FOFC as "his" board. That's always rubbed me the wrong way. But whatever.

Now, I think it's clear that unless SD does come out and explain the whole situation publically that he does feel that this is all his. The one thing I always enjoyed about FOFC was that it was an open community. It didn't belong to Jim (as in the OOTP board belong to Marcus, the SI Games forums belong to them, Gray Dog's board bleongs to Alres). It was an open community where we all just gathered and discussed things.

Now this happens. Something obviously occured behind the scenes. Maybe all of the punishments were 100% justified. Who knows, had I been in the position, I might have passed out harsher punishments. But none of us really know. The punishments might have been justifed, the secretcy and cover up is not. If it's not all explained tomorrow, I suspect I might just end up leaving as well. Call it drama if you want, call it grandstanding....I don't give a shit. If SkyDog can't get it through his fucking head that this is not HIS community, and that he DOES owe us explainations when they are not self-evident (as they have in most cases in the past), then it's really not a forum I want to be a regular part of. Simple as that.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:00 AM   #3
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I'd like to see a full explanation as well. I can understand banning someone for posting under a new alias while the old one is in the penalty box, but the way it's been handled seems a little sketchy to me. Why should Shorty's goodbye thread get locked? Why are normally upstanding posters like Cringer being messed with and driven from the board?

Time to open up and explain yourself SkyDog.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:55 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...1&postcount=44