Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2004, 12:25 AM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

MLB.TV games online webcasts question

I dropped the $79.95 and signed up for the MLB.com online webcasts .The only problem is that I can't get the archived games too play none of them.I can get the live games as they are being played.But once it is archived I can't access it.I have tried it with both the real one player and windows media player and both have been unsuccessful.I have sent over a dozen email too the son of bitches at MLB.com but no respones.I guess once they got your money they think you can just f#$% off .It is quite frustrating since I live overseas (Korea) I can't call them since they only give a toll free 800 number that doesn't work outside the US.So ,has anyone else had similar trouble with this service ?I am very disppointed with the quality of care these guys give to customers.Make's me wonder since without the fans these guys would be the street and this is how they treat the fans.

Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
Galaril
Pro Starter

bump
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 08:29 AM   #3
samifan24
Pro Starter

Last season I was paying monthly and I emailed them to stop my subscription, as MLB.com said I should do, and I was billed for two additional months after I contact them once. I finally got a rep back on the phone and explained that I did not want to subscribe anymore and voiced my frustrations. I definately know where you're coming from as far as your frustration goes because that was all I got out of the MLB.TV service after awhile. Sure, the games were great, but their customer support alone was enough to make me think twice about buying even month this season. Good luck.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:54 PM   #4
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I just signed up for MSN Premium, which has a free 3-month trial, and after that is $9.95 per month. I pay about half what I would for mlb.tv and don't have to deal with their subscription issues.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
samifan24
Pro Starter

I just checked this out on MLB.com for the upcoming season, and it appears as though MLB has taken away the $15 monthly option in favor of the $80 season pass. Can anyone confirm this? If so, this is an incredible disappointment, especially for a poor college student.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:32 AM   #6
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Last year I signed up for that MSN Premium trial so that I could get the MLB.TV. After I found out that the Rangers games were blacked out I called MSN and told them I wanted to cancel. The guy extended my free trial to a year. Which reminds me I need to call and cancel again to see if I can sucker another year out of them.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:58 AM   #7
vtbub
College Starter

The monthly offer should be in place in April.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:32 PM   #8
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbub

I hope you're right!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #9
sooner333
College Starter

What's the benefit of the online package over Extra Innings on digital cable? I had the online last year, but not access to digital cable/satellite, now I do.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #10
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333
What's the benefit of the online package over Extra Innings on digital cable? I had the online last year, but not access to digital cable/satellite, now I do.

You answered your own question, at least in my case. I don't have access to digital cable at school and I really only have a month (early April to early May) when I can catch the big league season before my season starts. It's just easier and simpler for me to buy the monthly package online if I want to follow my Tribe.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:10 PM   #11
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbub

MLB.TV monthly subscription is now listed on MLB.com.