Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
mmarra82
High School Varsity

Conflicts

I have a Left Tackle who is a 9 year veteran, and the position group leader. He is a solid tackle with ratings of 51 actual and 52 potential. My right tackle is a 5 year veteran with 53 actual and 60 potential, the right tackle has s strong conflict with the Left Tackle. I know I can move my right tackle for about a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but there is zero interest in my LT. Is it worth dealing the Right Tackle?

Just a note as well, the RT has given up 17 sacks over the past two seasons compared to the LT who has given up 11.

Give me some feedback, deal the RT or not? Let me know what you all think. I still have time to sign a tackle in late free agency or draft one.
New York Jets

mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:55 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

I say deal him out. Not sure how conflict effects peroformance, but it doesn't sound like that RT is a must keep player and if he's having a conflict and you can get a 2nd round pick for him, I say deal him out.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:14 AM   #3
badger ken
n00b

it all depends. Is the 9 year veteran starting to slide? how many years are left on his contract? Similarly, how expensive is the 5 year vet? how many years are left on _his_ contract?

My rule of thumb is to always prefer youth, and in this case youth even has higher ratings. I would live with the conflict until the 9-year vet retires, unless they have very different contract structures.
badger ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:10 PM   #4
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Option #3 is to sign another player with very high leadership to become the new position leader and eliminate the current conflict.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
BradAttitude
n00b

The contracts would be the greatest determining factor for me. I'm guessing that the lack of interest in the LT probably reflects on his contract.

Is the RT the only O-Lineman with a conflict?

Option #3, mentioned above, would be the easiest, and likely least expensive way of dealing with the situation.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #6
mmarra82
High School Varsity

The Right Tackle is the only one who has a conflict with my LT. My LT's cap hit is 4.1 while the RT's cap hit is 3.2. My LT is signed for the next two seasons, while my RT is signed through the next three seasons.

Actually my 9 year, Left Tackle's ratings have gone up slightly over the past two seasons. When I started the dynasty he was rated at 49 actual, 52 potential. He is now a 51 actual.

My right tackle actually has a higher leadership than the left tackle, 76 to 66. So, so much for the idea of signing someone else.

So, what to do?
New York Jets
Old 03-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #7
Celeval
Pro Starter

Experience comes into play when determining a leader as well. So if your LT is the leader, than someone with an equal or greater experience and equal/greater leadership will replace. Less on one side may still do it, but it depends.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #8
mmarra82
High School Varsity

For those who made suggestions, I ended up doing this:

Kept my RT, drafted a left tackle in the 4th round who had nice numbers in the combine, and has good potential, the thought here is that I will let my LT, play out his contract, this season (2005) and next season (2006) then let him move on and hopefully my drafted tackle will be ready.

Thanks for the input guys,
Mike
New York Jets