Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
jbmagic
Pro Starter

OOTP 6.12 Patch coming this weekend

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...7&postcount=27

Markus will fix the dfa and waiver loophole. Steve pass the issue to him and i got an email from Markus that it will be fix.

Its a major bug for online league.

hopefully others bugs that been reported gets fix too.

for more info on the loophole. goto OOTP faq and read the DFA FAQ, it shows all the loopholes.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...71&postcount=1

Last edited by jbmagic : 03-17-2005 at 03:41 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Will this patch have the head to head feature?
Old 03-17-2005, 01:07 PM   #3
miked
College Starter

I thought you were chastised on multiple boards for divulging that and had to edit or delete the posts. If the patch is late (they always are), I don't see how you saying it now is any different.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:10 PM   #4
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hopefully it will get rid of the automatic release of drafted players
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:48 PM   #5
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Hopefully it will get rid of the automatic release of drafted players

The recent incident with that is the first I had ever heard of this. Maybe I've just not been paying enough attention...
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:00 PM   #6
Raven
College Prospect

I don't get this. The game has been out for almost a full year now, with the next version being worked on. Why waste time putting out a patch for v6, when that time could be devoted to getting the new version out earlier?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:03 PM   #7
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
I don't get this. The game has been out for almost a full year now, with the next version being worked on. Why waste time putting out a patch for v6, when that time could be devoted to getting the new version out earlier?

I think because a critical bug was found that happened to be posted on a this forum that online leagues could exploit. Hopefully this patch will include more than just a fix of that critical bug and will have some other fun stuff. We'll see.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...highlight=ootp

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 03-17-2005 at 02:04 PM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #8
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
I thought you were chastised on multiple boards for divulging that and had to edit or delete the posts. If the patch is late (they always are), I don't see how you saying it now is any different.

the people here want to know about OOTP online loop holes. A lot of people play online leagues.

and even OOTP FAQ forum has a DFA FAQ Sticky there, posted 10/21/04.

This has been a known problem and not until recently when i mention it again that Steve pass the message to Markus. Markus email me back saying it will be fix soon too.

it been there on OOTP faq forum for long time of all the loopholes you can do. If you can do it for solo play, you can do it for online too.

So i didnt devulge anything new.

its all there. Its no secret.

Last edited by jbmagic : 03-17-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:46 PM   #9
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Mike you sure like to always pick on me.

Stop being a frikin Fanboy.

the people here want to know about OOTP online loop holes. A lot of people play online leagues.

This has been a known problem and not until recently when i mention it again that Steve pass the message to Markus. Markus email me back saying it will be fix soon too.

it been there on OOTP faq forum for long time of all the loopholes you can do. If you can do it for solo play, you can do it for online too.

That's the jb I've been waiting for! I don't care if Kevin Garnett is already called this, but you're now the 'Big Ticket' to me.

Throw it down, Big Ticket!
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:57 PM   #10
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Mike you sure like to always pick on me.

Stop being a frikin Fanboy.

If you had an iota of intelligence, you would know I'm not a fanboy of OOTP. It has more work needed than any patch will address. I was merely stating what I thought was a fact. That you posted that same message on a few boards and were asked not to go publicizing it. The messages were subsequently delted and/or edited. I understand that it is a loophole for online leagues, although not it doesn't seem all that major as generally in online leagues most GMs usually try to demote an old guy with a year or so left. It really makes no difference to me as a commish if they decide to take the whole salary hit at once, or waste cap space on an old guy in the majors. It's really like a relatively minor thing, so I just don't see why you seem to place so much importance on it when there are more glaring issues at hand.

I think I posted a reply to you once or twice before, so I don't really think I'm always picking on you (my board name on OOTP is not "MikeD"...it's "Another Mike D" because there are too many ) Anyway, here's to hoping that this patch address more than some minor loophole...
Old 03-17-2005, 03:00 PM   #11
jbmagic
Pro Starter

MikeD

i agree, hopefully more bugs that been reported gets fix for ootp 6.12

i guess we all want the best.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:03 PM   #12
Suicane75
Coordinator

I would also like to point out that just because mods or adims don't want it discussed, that feeling seems to not be held by a majority of users/players.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 03:26 PM   #13
miked
College Starter

I agree, it's so minor that I don't see why they care. The fact that they were asking to censor it speaks pretty loudly. I wasn't trying to insult jb...was just saying that it had already been a source of contention amongst the mods, there was no need to get into it again.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:46 PM   #14
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven

Sometimes people here cheer when someone takes time out to patch or update their current title rather than simply slaving over their next title. Other times it is a problem. I'm not calling you out Raven, because I don't know if your opinion on this is consistent or not, but it is obvious that you just can't make everyone in the community happy regardless of what you do.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote