Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2003, 03:15 PM   #51
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Games tonight.

I'm hoping a sudden weather front forces the masses of Cincinnati into the only safe place around, The Aviator's stadium. Perhaps then, we could get a decent crowd.

damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:44 PM   #52
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by NevStar
Heh, I shouldn't be telling you this, but suspended players can play in friendlies. Good luck.

Oh I know. My one suspended player was in my lineup for all of two minutes before he got hurt. I still won, but at least I got 2 mins. from him. Now he's out for four weeks.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:08 PM   #53
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

The Hippopatami did a number to one of my guys too. Must've sat on him or something. Out for 7 weeks
Old 02-19-2003, 09:50 PM   #54
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, you don't have to worry about playing him while he's suspended!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:00 PM   #55
samifan24
Pro Starter

Since my guy was under suspension before he got hurt, does that mean that his suspension will expire while he's injured, or is my guy really out 5 weeks instead of 4 due to his suspension? (Assuming a suspension is for one regular season match, I'm not sure on this)
Old 02-19-2003, 10:02 PM   #56
Poli
FOFC Survivor

While he's injured...
Old 02-19-2003, 10:08 PM   #57
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Hippopatami did a number to one of my guys too. Must've sat on him or something. Out for 7 weeks

I didn't even notice that since it was so late in the game. Damn- I wonder who did that: "In the to 87:th minute a very unfortunate collision in the home teams penalty area led to Aviatorsīs Donnie Broussard being carried off the pitch and replaced by Walter Shook." You sure you didn't do a KEystone Cops or Three Stooges and run into each other?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 11:25 PM   #58
astralhaze
College Prospect

Flying Condors - Hamas Mad Bombers 0 - 1

Date: 2/20/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 5030717
Arena: Flying Condors Arena
Crowd: 158

A scorching day at Flying Condors Arena, where 158 spectators were in place for todayīs match. Condors tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Gardner - Stanley, Craven, Holm - Locklear, Pierson, Stephens, Dillard, Mccarter - Roby, Whaley.

Bombers had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. They fielded: Bayo - Hendrickson, Ellsworth, Strange, Atkins - Alonso, Reinhardt, Cornelius, Witherspoon, Odell - Nash.

Condorsīs Richard Gardner refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 22nd minute. 26 minutes into the game Duane Reinhardt was a hairīs breadth away from giving Bombers the lead. A prompt block by Richard Gardner saved the home team that time. Bomberss David Cornelius got himself booked after a foul. Condors made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Bob Roby completely alone with keeper Alejandro Bayo, who made a spectacular block. 34 minutes into the game Duane Reinhardt was a hairīs breadth away from giving Bombers the lead. A prompt block by Richard Gardner saved the home team that time. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Condors, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

Bombers took the lead after 56 minutes with 0 - 1. Heliodoro Alonso placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Hugh Stephens needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. After 77 minutes Bob Roby got through on the right and was very close to equalising for the home side, but didnīt get the shot away. Condors held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

Condorsīs best player was Morton Dillard. Hugh Stephens on the other hand, had a terrible day. Bombersīs best player was Alejandro Bayo. Austin Atkins on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 1.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:06 AM   #59
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Results and new games

Here is what happened this round:

(1)3ric (IFK Bananskruv (103399) 1
vs
(16)ramfan (The Big Show (71475) 0

(8)AnalBumCover (Las Vegas High Rollers (71377) 3
vs
(9)illinifan999 (Spring Grove Eagles (72093) 2

(5)DeToxRoxDVHStyle (Michigan Moon Shine (70376) 0
vs
(12)ausonny (The Bees (70510) 3

(4)TredWel (Scranton Slime (71299) 3
vs
(13) mrushh (Cowtown FC (70689) 4

(6)samifan24 (FC Hartford (70296) 3
vs
(11)NevStar (Morrisville Morrisvillians (70926) 2

(3)Airhog (Oklahoma City Rednecks (70559) 5
vs
(14)bbor (Shoe Horns (71229) 0

(2)couriers (The Flying Condors (71540) 0
vs
(15)astralhaze (Hamas Mad Bombers (71389) 1

So these are the next round matchups. Cup Rules are on, bold team is at home!

(1)3ric (IFK Bananskruv (103399)
vs
(8)AnalBumCover (Las Vegas High Rollers (71377)

(12)ausonny (The Bees (70510)
vs
(13) mrushh (Cowtown FC (70689)

(3)Airhog (Oklahoma City Rednecks (70559)
vs
(6)samifan24 (FC Hartford (70296)

(7)damnMikeBrown (Aviators (8150)
vs
(15)astralhaze (Hamas Mad Bombers (71389)

Good luck everybody!
Old 02-20-2003, 11:44 AM   #60
bbor
Pro Starter

Airhogs team left my boys bleeding from the rectum....grrrr.....bastard did'nt even use vaseline.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 12:26 PM   #61
3ric
College Starter

vs

Challenge sent.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:51 PM   #62
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Challenge Sent

(7)damnMikeBrown (Aviators (8150)
vs
Old 02-20-2003, 02:37 PM   #63
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by 3ric
vs

Challenge sent.

...and accepted.

Good luck! ABC
Old 02-21-2003, 07:53 PM   #64
Airhog
Captain Obvious

looks like a re-match from our first round game played. I accepted the match from FC hartford. Good luck Samifan24

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 11:32 PM   #65
samifan24
Pro Starter

Thanks, I'll need it.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:05 PM   #66
Airhog
Captain Obvious

98 spectators had found their way to The Trailer Park, despite the heavy rain. Oklahoma tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Greenwood - Turner, Rubin, Rockwell, Ratana - Pratt, Jamison, Barnett, Emmons - Shelton, Keating.

Hartford had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Cornwell - Crook, Zuniga, Wells, Schrader - Benoit, Ambrose, Staley, Lee-Man - O'Connor, Li.

In the 9:th minute an unfortunate play by Ted Greenwood gave the visitors a chance at the lead, but Billy Schrader, finding himself alone with the keeper, was unable to take advantage of the situation. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Hartfordīs Leroy Crook got himself booked. Oklahoma made a substitution in the 12th minute. Bill Rubin limped off the field and was replaced by Joe Morris. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. Oklahoma held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

Oklahoma made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Wayne Keating completely alone with keeper Garland Cornwell, who made a spectacular block. Oklahoma were very close to putting themselves one up in the 64:th minute as Ty Barnett got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Melvin Ambrose, who often relies on his speed, had a rotten day on the drenched grass. In the 70:th minute Hartfords Mikey Zuniga received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Oklahoma could have put themselves ahead in the 82nd minute as Cordell Shelton missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Oklahoma, bringing the final ball possession rate to 60 percent, dominated the battle.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agonizing of overtime followed. David O'Connor came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 101st minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Ted Greenwood managed to tip the ball to a corner. After overtime the game was still at a tie, and a penalty contest ensued. Oklahomaīs Ty Barnett cooly put the ball past Garland Cornwell. 1 - 0. Hartfordīs Hector Li looked insecure all the way from laying the ball down to clipping the ball miles wide of the crossbar. No goal. Oklahomaīs Brice Pratt made no mistake. Garland Cornwell didnīt have a chance. 2 - 0. Hartfordīs David O'Connor was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Ted Greenwood. Score still 2 - 0. Oklahomaīs Cordell Shelton was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Garland Cornwell. Score still 2 - 0. Hartfordīs Dean Benoit cockily booted the ball with a short-and-fast instep. The penalty, going just wide of the mark, didnīt produce a goal. Oklahomaīs Joe Morris was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Garland Cornwell. Score still 2 - 0. Hartfordīs Melvin Ambrose hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 2 - 0. Oklahomaīs Ted Greenwood had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 3 - 0. Hartfordīs Hu Lee-Man, obviously having last minute doubtīs, produced a loose ball to the right post. Unfortunately Ted Greenwood made a premature move to the left and didnīt make it back. New score 3 - 1. Oklahomaīs best player was Ty Barnett. However, Ray Rockwell made a disastrous appearance. Most important Hartford player was Dean Benoit. Melvin Ambrose on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 1.

Old 02-26-2003, 09:55 PM   #67
samifan24
Pro Starter

How was that for a match?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:27 PM   #68
AnalBumCover
College Starter

IFK Bananskruv - High Rollers

329 spectators arrived at IFK Bananskruv Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Bananskruv had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Sjölind - Engen, Oxsten, Vinell - Hellstrand, Cronskär, Olsson, Zetterflod, Persson - Ångerberg, Martinsson.

Rollers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Mccrary - Kearns, Kirk, Hughes - Vela, Covington, Cavazos, Gaddis, Valdes - Schell, Azpeitia.

The 4:th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Bananskruv was Rickard Zetterflod. The referee showed Bananskruvs Björn Martinsson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Podador Azpeitia came up alone against the goaltender in the 15:th minute but the visitors far left defense managed to sort the situation out in the end. Bananskruv will have to do without Martin Hellstrand for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by Raúl Roca Paradis. A great save by goaltender Clair Mccrary in the 19:th minute kept the visitors in the game as Björn Martinsson struck from the left with a real cannonball. A penalty in the 20:th minute gave the home side a chance at adding to the score, but an overconfident Bo Olsson shot the ball wide, in an effort to put it away in the top corner. 21 minutes into the game Jonas Persson had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Nichlas Billstrand. Man, what a shot by Podador Azpeitia! Firing from 35 yards he didn't give the enemy goalie a chance and it was 1 - 1. Bananskruv could have put themselves ahead in the 32nd minute as Christer Cronskär missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Bo Olsson of Bananskruv received a yellow card in the 39:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Bananskruv, with an impressive 58 percent possession of the ball.

After 49 minutes Rollerss Podador Azpeitia made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 1 - 2. Lars Oxsten of Bananskruv received a yellow card in the 68:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Lars Oxsten behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 68:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Bananskruv, bringing the final ball possession rate to 83 percent, dominated the battle.

Bananskruvīs best player was Kristian Sjölind. Rickard Zetterflod on the other hand, had a terrible day. Rollersīs best player was Podador Azpeitia. Kirby Cavazos was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 2.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:36 AM   #69
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Here are the results from this round's matchups:

(1)3ric (IFK Bananskruv (103399) 1
vs
(8)AnalBumCover (Las Vegas High Rollers (71377) 2

(12)ausonny (The Bees (70510) 4
vs
(13) mrushh (Cowtown FC (70689) 0

(3)Airhog (Oklahoma City Rednecks (70559) 3
vs
(6)samifan24 (FC Hartford (70296) 1

(7)damnMikeBrown (Aviators (8150) 2
vs
(15)astralhaze (Hamas Mad Bombers (71389) 3

We are down to our Final 4 and here they are, bold team is at home! Cup Rules On!

vs

vs

Congrats and good luck to our final 4!

Last edited by HornedFrog Purple : 02-27-2003 at 12:37 AM.
HornedFrog Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 01:39 AM   #70
3ric
College Starter

Thanks ABC for the game, congrats to the win! My reserves performed well, but something's missing - I mean 83 percent possession in the second half and no scores...?!?
Old 02-27-2003, 11:33 PM   #71
astralhaze
College Prospect

vs

Booked.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:38 PM   #72
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
vs

Booked. Good Luck!
Old 02-28-2003, 02:48 PM   #73
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Yay! Good luck everyone!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:40 PM   #74
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Due to an all-day shower, 395 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at High Rollers Arena. Rollers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Mccrary - Kearns, Kirk, Hughes - Vela, Covington, Cavazos, Gaddis, Valdes - Azpeitia, Crouch.

Bees had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Muller - Rodrigues, Sherwood, Lutz - Horton, Sheldon, Moyer, Loomis, Polk - Moffett, Ladd.

Bees had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Clair Mccrary saved Korey Moffettīs shot headed for the top corner. The referee showed Beess Christopher Loomis the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Brain Vela the unlucky victim, couldnīt continue the game. Beess Ryan Polk proved that he's been around on a footy pitch before, when he took advantage of a few moments of confusion in the enemy defence line, then elegantly scoring 0-1. Rollers made a substitution in the 39:th minute. Kirby Cavazos limped off the field and was replaced by Kevin Brinkley. The referee showed Beess Paul Moyer the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 43rd minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 2 as Robert Rodrigues finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. 0 - 2 was the half-time score. Bees, bringing the final ball possession rate to 73 percent, dominated the battle.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Bees, with an impressive 87 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Rollers player was without a doubt Podador Azpeitia. However, Kevin Brinkley made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Bees player was without a doubt Robert Rodrigues. Ryan Polk on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 2.

Good match ausonny. Good luck in the finals.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:55 PM   #75
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Well we are down to the finals. Here are the scores:

(8)AnalBumCover (Las Vegas High Rollers (71377) 0
vs
(12)ausonny (The Bees (70510) 2

(3)Airhog (Oklahoma City Rednecks (70559) 3
vs
(15)astralhaze (Hamas Mad Bombers (71389) 0

So the final is (bold at home, cup rules on):

vs

Can the #12 seed pull the upset?
Old 03-06-2003, 02:46 AM   #76
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Due to an all-day shower, 406 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at The Trailer Park. Oklahoma had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Greenwood - Turner, Morris, Rockwell, Ratana - Pratt, Jamison, Barnett, Emmons - Shelton, Cummings.

Bombers tactics involved an interesting 5-4-1 combination. The following players had been chosen: Díez - Cornelius, Ellsworth, MacDavid, Strange, Wray - Carroll, Odell, Witherspoon, Goodman - Nance.

Bombersīs David Cornelius left the field after 21 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Jacob Hendrickson. The 24:th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Oklahoma was Gaylord Jamison. Halftime score was 1 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Oklahoma, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.

Jacob Cummings hit the ball just perfect in the 51st minute and could score for Oklahoma with a fab long shot to 2 - 0. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Oklahomaīs Joe Morris putting the lead up to 3 - 0. The structure of the game started to change as Oklahoma decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. After 64 minutes Bombersīs Daniel Strange contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Bombers had a fair chance to reply after 65 minutes, due to some fine moves down the left, but in the end no one was there to put their head to the ball as it was lifted into the box. Oklahoma, bringing the final ball possession rate to 54 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Oklahoma player was without a doubt Jacob Cummings. Ray Rockwell on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Bombers player was without a doubt Jacob Hendrickson. However, Nathan MacDavid made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 0.

good match astralhaze.

Old 03-06-2003, 09:59 AM   #77
ausonny
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by AnalBumCover
Good match ausonny. Good luck in the finals.

Thanks.

Man that was a boring second half, wasn't it?
ausonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 10:35 PM   #78
AnalBumCover
College Starter

There was a second half?
Old 03-08-2003, 06:29 PM   #79
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Airhog

good match astralhaze.

Quite. Good luck in the final
Old 03-12-2003, 05:30 PM   #80
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Thumbs up The final game...

Good luck to ausonny and Airhog. May the best team left standing win!
Old 03-12-2003, 11:12 PM   #81
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wow! Exciting finals game! I can't wait to see the writeups.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-12-2003 at 11:15 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:22 PM   #82
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Boring, but exciting. Somehow
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 08:32 AM   #83
ausonny
High School Varsity

Nice game Airhog. I think that is the first time I've ever lost the possession battle, and I had 2 of my starting 3 inner mids playing. The penalty save was the turning point. Splashing out on a solid keeper was probably the best decision I've made, even if it did really hurt financially. We've given up 5 goals in 19 games.

Some day I'll find the time to update my dynasty. We made a good run of it. We've only lost one game since I got the team, league and friendlies included, but it was unfortunately a league game to a team below me. If we had won that game I would be playing this week for the title, instead I have to win, the champs have to lose, and I have to make up a goal differential of about 8. Not gonna happen.

Good luck to everyone in the final week of the season.

BTW, I guess y'all saw that their adding a level to the USA league. Next year those of us in level 5 have to fight to stay there. I hope that won't be a problem for any of us.
ausonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 09:41 PM   #84
Airhog
Captain Obvious

yes it was a great game. I forgot to update my rosters, and that hurt me a bit, as I had one player injured playing, but other than that I was happy to keep it really close.