Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2003, 01:03 PM   #1
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

A letter you may have seen

Dear Terrorists,

I am an Air Force aviator. I was born and raised on a small farm in Oklahoma. I come from a family of 5. I was raised in a middle class home and was taught my values by my mother and father.

My dad worked a series of jobs in finance and my mom took care of us kids. We were not an overly religious family but attended church most
Sundays. It was a nice small Baptist Church. I was the youngest in my family. I was the
first in many generations to attend college.

I have flown Air Force aircraft for 16 years. For me the flying was never a life long dream or a "calling," it just happened. I needed a job and I liked the challenge. I continue to do it today because I feel it is important to give back to a
nation which has given so much to me. I do it because, although I will never be rich, my family will be comfortable. I do it because many of my
friends have left for the airlines and someone has to do it.

My government has spent millions to train me to fly these multi-million dollar aircraft. I make about 60,000 dollars a year and after 20 years will be offered a pension.

I like baseball but think the players make too much money. I am in awe of firemen and policemen and what they do each day for my community. I respect my elders and always use sir or ma'am when addressing a stranger.

I'm not sure about kids these days but I think that's normal for every generation. I voted for George Bush because I like him. I think I made
a pretty good choice.

I tell you all this because when I come for you I want you to know me. I won't be hiding behind a woman or a child. I won't be disguised or pretending to be something I am not. I will be in a US issue flight suit. I will be wearing standard US issue flight gear, and I will be flying Air Force aircraft clearly marked as
a US warplane.

I wish we could meet up close in a small room where I could wrap my hands around your throat and slowly squeeze the life out of you but,
unfortunately, you're hiding in a hole in the ground so we will have to do this a different way.

I want you to know also that I am very good at what I do. I can put a 2,000 lb weapon through a window from 10,000 feet up. I generally only fight
at night so you may want to start sleeping during the day. I am not eager to die for my country but I am willing to sacrifice my life to protect it
from animals like you. I will do everything in my power to ensure no civilians are hurt as I take aim at you.

My countrymen are a forgiving bunch. Many are already forgetting what you did on Sept 11th. But I will not forget and my President will not forget. I am coming. I hope you know me a
little bit better, see you soon...sleep tight.

Signed ...........a US Air Force pilot

Guys, that is powerful. I don't understand why people are protesting this war. I think its a small fraction of people and the media is making it to be much larger than it is.

GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 01:12 PM   #2
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

that's a great letter. Where did you find it?
Old 03-18-2003, 01:20 PM   #3
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I found it on another message board I visit. I don't have a dricet link to a source unfortantely.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:25 PM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Re: A letter you may have seen

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
Dear Terrorists,

I am an Air Force aviator. I was born and raised on a small farm in Oklahoma. I come from a family of 5. I was raised in a middle class home and was taught my values by my mother and father.

My dad worked a series of jobs in finance and my mom took care of us kids. We were not an overly religious family but attended church most
Sundays. It was a nice small Baptist Church. I was the youngest in my family. I was the
first in many generations to attend college.

I have flown Air Force aircraft for 16 years. For me the flying was never a life long dream or a "calling," it just happened. I needed a job and I liked the challenge. I continue to do it today because I feel it is important to give back to a
nation which has given so much to me. I do it because, although I will never be rich, my family will be comfortable. I do it because many of my
friends have left for the airlines and someone has to do it.

My government has spent millions to train me to fly these multi-million dollar aircraft. I make about 60,000 dollars a year and after 20 years will be offered a pension.

I like baseball but think the players make too much money. I am in awe of firemen and policemen and what they do each day for my community. I respect my elders and always use sir or ma'am when addressing a stranger.

I'm not sure about kids these days but I think that's normal for every generation. I voted for George Bush because I like him. I think I made
a pretty good choice.

I tell you all this because when I come for you I want you to know me. I won't be hiding behind a woman or a child. I won't be disguised or pretending to be something I am not. I will be in a US issue flight suit. I will be wearing standard US issue flight gear, and I will be flying Air Force aircraft clearly marked as
a US warplane.

I wish we could meet up close in a small room where I could wrap my hands around your throat and slowly squeeze the life out of you but,
unfortunately, you're hiding in a hole in the ground so we will have to do this a different way.

I want you to know also that I am very good at what I do. I can put a 2,000 lb weapon through a window from 10,000 feet up. I generally only fight
at night so you may want to start sleeping during the day. I am not eager to die for my country but I am willing to sacrifice my life to protect it
from animals like you. I will do everything in my power to ensure no civilians are hurt as I take aim at you.

My countrymen are a forgiving bunch. Many are already forgetting what you did on Sept 11th. But I will not forget and my President will not forget. I am coming. I hope you know me a
little bit better, see you soon...sleep tight.

Signed ...........a US Air Force pilot

Guys, that is powerful. I don't understand why people are protesting this war. I think its a small fraction of people and the media is making it to be much larger than it is.

Eh... What does this have to do with the war? Many, many people are opposed. On a global basis I imagine it's around 80-20 opposed.

I think it's been made pretty clear that Iraq had nothing to do with September 11. This letter is written to "Terrorists." Al Queda, I reckon. If so. Good. Drop you mega-bomb on them. Blow those bastards all to hell.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 01:32 PM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

What does that letter have to do with the war vs Iraq?

Oh, I guess we are declaring war on Iraq because of terrorism?

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 01:43 PM   #6
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by MizzouRah
What does that letter have to do with the war vs Iraq?

Oh, I guess we are declaring war on Iraq because of terrorism?

Todd

Well, if it's anything terrorist-related, it's only the threat of terrorism. I don't think (could be wrong) we (the US) have ever linked the state of Iraq with any terrorist activity. We tried to do so and didn't really manage.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:54 PM   #7
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu_Blue
I don't think (could be wrong) we (the US) have ever linked the state of Iraq with any terrorist activity.
I believe it's been proven that Hussein has financially supported the families of suicide bombers targetting Israel.

If you meant terrorist activity that was targetting the US, then yes, I don't think there has been conclusive evidence.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 01:56 PM   #8
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maple Leafs
I believe it's been proven that Hussein has financially supported the families of suicide bombers targetting Israel.

If you meant terrorist activity that was targetting the US, then yes, I don't think there has been conclusive evidence.

That's what I meant. The letter seems to imply it given the discussion of September 11 and all. As for suicide bombers and Israel that's a whole other set of issues...
Old 03-18-2003, 01:57 PM   #9
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maple Leafs

Then again, the US financially supported the Taliban amongst others...
Old 03-18-2003, 02:07 PM   #10
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

and the cycle starts again.