Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2003, 10:06 AM   #1
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Falcons change logo

I had already heard that the Falcons will change uniforms this year, but I don't want them to change logos. They haven't posted it yet, but when they do, I'll link it. I'm worried.

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:08 AM   #2
GrantDawg

Here it is. I guess I've seen worse.

Old 03-19-2003, 10:08 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's probably a picture of Michael Vick. And the new name will be the Atlanta Vicktors.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:10 AM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I too would be worried. I love the logo. It's one of the NFL's best in my opinion. I also loved their old Red, black, and white jerseys. Much more so than the current black on black numbers.

Then again, the time is right to cash in. New jerseys usually sell really well (if decent). Just think of how many "Vick" jerseys they'll sell now. Gotta pay the bills some how.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:10 AM   #5
vex
Grizzled Veteran

That's not that bad, I actually kind of like it.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:11 AM   #6
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu_Blue
I too would be worried. I love the logo. It's one of the NFL's best in my opinion. I also loved their old Red, black, and white jerseys. Much more so than the current black on black numbers.

Then again, the time is right to cash in. New jerseys usually sell really well (if decent). Just think of how many "Vick" jerseys they'll sell now. Gotta pay the bills some how.

I agree the old jerseys are better. The rumor was that the new jerseys are going to be styled like the old ones. I guess this new logo would fit that.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:13 AM   #7
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Falcon needs to go on some water pills, he is swollen around the ankles.

This could be a sign of heart disease. Zocor may be something to consider here.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:14 AM   #8
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
Falcon needs to go on some water pills, he is swollen around the ankles.

This could be a sign of heart disease. Zocor may be something to consider here.

I would think he could get some at cost.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:15 AM   #9
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Eh. I've seen worse too. Not horrible, but not an improvement really. I like the old one better.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-19-2003, 10:17 AM   #10
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
I like this one better

Old 03-19-2003, 10:19 AM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I think it looks like a Falcon version of the Broncos' logo.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:23 AM   #12
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup

Bronco like uniforms are my fear.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:24 AM   #13
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup

And that would be a GOOD thing. As a Bronco fan, I love the Broncos new logo. I really like this Falcon logo, though I too was concerned, because the old one was good. Now if someone could just convince Beardom that Chicago needs an update...Sheesh they look awful.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:29 AM   #14
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by revrew
And that would be a GOOD thing. As a Bronco fan, I love the Broncos new logo. I really like this Falcon logo, though I too was concerned, because the old one was good. Now if someone could just convince Beardom that Chicago needs an update...Sheesh they look awful.

The Bears uniform is a classic. I really like it. Not the flashiest, but a good, solid, traditional uniform.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-19-2003 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:30 AM   #15
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

I think I just creamed in my britches. You know I live for logos, esp. when they make a change. Most of the recent logos (and uniforms) changes have been awful but this new Falcons logo is absolutely great. I've always hated the black on black logo, it was so stupid design-wise. Now with red highlights to help emphasis it against the black background, it will stand out better and be more clear. Exciting stuff, GD!
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:32 AM   #16
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Btw, the Bears logo and uniform is not a classic. In the 1970s, the went with a red in-fill on the "C", as well as adding red trim. The classic Bears look was just a white "C" and white trim. This was the look that reminds me of Butkus and Halas more than anything else.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:35 AM   #17
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by revrew

The Bears uniform is a classic. I really like it. Not the flashiest, but a good, solid, traditional uniform. That being said, I started to think... What uniforms just should NEVER be changed? Are there any uniforms out there that are more or less sacred?

Examples:

NFL
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears

MLB
New York Yankees
Boston Red Sox
Chicago Cubs

NHL
Toronto Maple Leafs
Chicago Blackhawks
Boston Bruins
Montreal Canadiens
Detroit Red Wings
Old 03-19-2003, 10:40 AM   #18
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Any links on what the new unis are going to look like?
Old 03-19-2003, 10:45 AM   #19
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by ISiddiqui
Any links on what the new unis are going to look like?

They haven't announced them yet. Just the logo.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:46 AM   #20
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

they were supposed to show the unis when they introduced Price, but Vick was a no-show.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:08 AM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

The new logo is okay, but the old one is my favorite in any sport. On the classic red helmet.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:17 AM   #22
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu_Blue
Toronto Maple Leafs
The Leafs unifrom has undergone some small changes over the years, but nothing serious. They've even resisted the urge to let some LA designer come up with a cool "third jersey" design (although they do wear their old green St. Pats uniforms when they play on St. Patrick's day.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:32 AM   #23
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Even the Red Wings uniform has undergone some small changes over the years. But the LA designer "third jersey" type-situation is what I am talkin about. I think the Lions are altering their uniforms a bit too. Black trim and some other small changes.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:55 AM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hopefully nobody pulls a Bills and adds pointless, ugly stripes to their uniforms.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:02 PM   #25
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I think this was a big mistake. The falcons had one of the best logos in the league, now it's just some corny crap. Boo!!!!
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:25 PM   #26
Raven
College Prospect

I like the new logo a lot. Like Buc, I am a logo freak.

BTW, I just noticed that the Falcon itself is in the shape of a "F".
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:27 PM   #27
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Kodos: It''s not so much the ugly stripes but the horrid trend of two-tone uniforms. This is evident with the Titans, as well as the new Bills and Seahawks. NFL Europe is full of this design crap, as well as some college teams (like BYU). In all of my years of following uniforms and logos, going with two-tone uniforms was the worse trend, imo.

homer: Fans said the same thing when they switched from the Denver "D" to the decapitated head. But now, no one wants to change back. Now only do I think that the black on black design was very poor, but now the Falcon has more life and distinction to it. But it's all a matter of personal preference and those wanting nothing to change due to familiarity.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:36 PM   #28
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

Now I need to go online and order some Falcons stuff before they switch to the new logo. Nothing against the new one, I just love the old one.

I'd like to commend the new owner, Arthur Blank, for really working hard to make the Falcons one of the top-tier teams in the league. He has made bold moves (like trading for the right to draft Vick), he has met personally with players to help get them to come to the Falcons, etc. It seems like they are really a team on the rise, and I love what he's doing. And as opposed to Daniel Snyder, his moves actually seem to be working. He's making it easier and easier for me to leave the Dolphins behind. Now if we can just get Zach Thomas to come over in free agency after next season, my transition would be complete.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-19-2003 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:39 PM   #29
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Now I need to go online and order some Falcons stuff before they switch to the new logo. Nothing against the new one, I just love the old one.

I'd like to commend the new owner, Arthur Blank, for really working hard to make the Falcons one of the top-tier teams in the league. He has made bold moves (like trading for the right to draft Vick), he has met personally with players to help get them to come to the Falcons, etc. It seems like they are really a team on the rise, and I love what he's doing. And as opposed to Daniel Snyder, his moves actually seem to be working. He's making it easier and easier for me to leave the Dolphins behind. Now if we can just get Zach Thomas to come over in free agency after next season, my transition would be complete.

Just one small point (though I agree with you completely). Blank didn't buy the Falcons until the year after Vick was drafted. That was (believe it or not) Dan Reeve's call.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:41 PM   #30
Kodos
Resident Alien

D'oh! Credit where it wasn't deserved. Nonetheless, I like what they're doing.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:11 PM   #31
FBPro
College Starter

Nice, I like the new logo look. It would look good with the "old-style" red jersey/black&white stripes and red helmet.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 05:12 PM   #32
Travis
Pro Rookie

Hey now, the Seahawks new uniforms would be among the best in the league if they'd just learn to wear white pants with the dark top instead of going for the bodysuit look.

Other than that, their new look is a million times better than the old.