Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #51
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez
Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon. . . . .

they come and go (again)

B & B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:53 PM   #52
B & B
College Benchwarmer

oops, sorry thought this story needed to be updated

The joy ride Kellen Winslow Jr. took on his motorcycle last Sunday is expected to cost the Browns highly-touted tight end the 2005 season.

The Tribune Chronicle has learned that Winslow suffered a tear of the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Surgery will be required, which means that Winslow will likely miss the upcoming season.
Timetables for recovering from ACL surgery vary depending on the severity of the tear and the individual. A common reference point is a minimum of eight to 10 months, but it's possible that Winslow might need a full year to recover from surgery.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:42 PM   #53
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

That collective thudding you hear from Cleveland-way is all the Browns fans smacking their foreheads into the wall repeatedly.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:10 PM   #54
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Ron Mexico strikes again!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:22 PM   #55
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

wow, talk about a career taking anose dive (so far), i mean he came out as one of the best / highly touted tight ends in recent years, and now look.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:31 PM   #56
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Thank you Browns for giving the Lions a second-round pick in last year's draft to move down one spot so Detroit never even had to contemplate taking this idiot.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:33 PM   #57
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
Thank you Browns for giving the Lions a second-round pick in last year's draft to move down one spot so Detroit never even had to contemplate taking this idiot.

I suggested Ben Troupe would be the best TE of that class, at this rate, he's already beaten out K2
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:33 PM   #58
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I hate Butch Davis, the man continues to screw up this team even after he is gone.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:05 PM   #59
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
I suggested Ben Troupe would be the best TE of that class

proof plz thx
Old 05-05-2005, 07:20 PM   #60
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
proof plz thx

Well, he's actually playing, for starters.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #61
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I heard that Cleveland might go after him to recover some of the signing bonus for benig so boneheaded.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:24 AM   #62
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Well, he's actually playing, for starters.

Actually I meant proof that he had actually said that FWIW I was thinking along those same lines at the time, and would have loved to see the Lions take Troupe with their second-round pick that year.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #63
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Actual recreation footage

Old 05-07-2005, 03:28 AM   #64
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Nice, very funny. Ha Ha, Ho, Oops, I just peed my pants!
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:09 PM   #65
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Sources: Browns' Winslow tears knee ligament
By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer
May 19, 2005

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee when he crashed his motorcycle, two sources within the league told The Associated Press on Thursday, placing his 2005 season in doubt.

An injury such as Winslow's typically requires 10 to 12 months of rehabilitation.

Winslow, who wrecked his high-powered bike while riding in a parking lot on May 1, will get a second medical opinion before surgery is scheduled, said the sources, who have knowledge of his injuries and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Although the Browns have Winslow's medical test results, the club can not disclose the nature of his injuries because they have not received permission from Winslow or his family.

On Wednesday, after conferring with his father, NFL Hall of Fame tight end Kellen Winslow Sr., the Browns issued a statement saying, ``The Winslow family has not authorized us to release any information on Kellen's condition.''

Until they are given approval, the Browns may not be able to reveal Winslow's injuries until he fails a physical and they have to place him on an injury list per league rules.

Winslow's agent, Kevin Poston, could not be reached for comment.

Winslow injured his right knee and sustained unspecified internal injuries when his motorcycle hit a curb near his home at 35 mph and he flipped over the handlebars.

Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't fastened properly and flew off when he hit the ground.

He spent nine days in the Cleveland Clinic before being released last week. Winslow, who has been resting at home, has not commented on his accident or his injuries.

Doctors had to wait for the swelling to go down on the 21-year-old's knee before performing a more thorough examination.

Winslow, who missed 14 games as a rookie with a broken leg, breached a hazardous activities clause in his contract by riding the motorcycle. The Browns could ask him to return part of the money he already has been paid as part of his six-year, $40 million contract -- the richest deal given to a tight end.

Cleveland traded a second-round pick to move up a spot in the 2004 NFL draft to select Winslow, who starred at the University of Miami.

In his second game last season, Winslow broke a bone in the lower part of his right leg and tore ligaments in his ankle while trying to recover an onside kick. He had two operations on the leg and it was still mending at the time of his accident.

Meanwhile, police in suburban Westlake concluded their investigation of Winslow's accident this week and turned the case over to city law director John Wheeler, who will determine whether charges should be filed, Lt. Ray Arcuri said. Winslow could be charged with reckless operation, which carries a maximum penalty of 30 days in jail and a $250 fine. A few hours before his accident, Winslow and a few friends drove 50 miles on their motorcycles to Canton to see a stunt riding team perform.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #66
rkmsuf
Head Coach

dork. learn to ride stoopid before you attempt the fonzie shark jump.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:14 PM   #67
Suicane75
Coordinator

So does this mean he's on shore leave for the season? Or do I have the wrong branch?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote