Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2003, 04:21 PM   #1
Calis
College Starter

The Wind Waker: My Precious

Well, after waiting for 3 days to see if just maybe EB would actually ship my pre-order that I put in about two months ago, I decided to cancel the order and run down to my local Babbages and pick this sucka up.

Anyone else extremely excited about this one? I have to say this is the first game in years that I've had that "giddy" feeling open up, I was actually excited about picking this title up, doesn't happen often. Maybe it's the history of the Zelda franchise, maybe it's the Cel-Shading, it DEFINITELY has something to do with the hair.

Now I have to hunt down everything to hook my Cube up, hasn't been used in quite a while. I'll give some early feedback in a couple of hours if anyone is interested.

Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:34 PM   #2
Vince
Pro Starter

I'm definitely eagerly awaiting impressions...

Not too sure about the cel-shading, though. I know that they're going to pull it off well (Zelda, like Metroid and Mario and other Nintendo franchises, is always going to be great), but I don't like the idea. I'm sure it'll grow on me, but I just don't know.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 07:01 PM   #3
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

It seems nobody really likes the new zelda game graphics wise .
And Link has that weird look in his eyes .
Old 03-26-2003, 07:03 PM   #4
MikeVic
Head Coach

I just got the game. Haven't played it yet, but I played the demo. I loved the cel-shading. I didn't like it before, but once I played the demo, I couldn't believe how nice it looked.

His eyes move around and stuff... maybe you saw him looking in a corner?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 07:29 PM   #5
Calis
College Starter

Well, after a few hours playing it. I have to say I'm having a pretty good time. I for one, really really like the cel-shading, and I think his facial animations a la the eyes and such, are one of the coolest things about the game so far.

So far I'd say the graphics are quite good, and the gameplay is quite a bit fun, I'm playing my way through the first dungeon right now, and there already seems to be a good mix of puzzles to solve and good 'ole fashioned fighting. I'll have to fiddle around some more, but I think I'm gonna like this game.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:34 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I got an email saying amazon shipped my copy of it today. I don't know when I'll have time to play it, tho. BTW, I had some problems with EB a while back (promises for pre-orders which they never seem to keep: they always take too many pre-order for stuff and then don't tell you they ran out until it's too late) so I've never ordered from them again. Amazon shipped my pre-order the day it was first available and I got it a couple of days later. Same thing with the game.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 09:21 PM   #7
TredWel
High School Varsity

I've seen the demo ... that's enough for me. It's like some misguided soul saw the CDI version of Zelda and thought that it was something more than a steaming pile of manure. I don't know if I could play through a game that looked like that.

Then again, I'm a curmudgeon when it comes to video games. I still think the SNES is the greatest video game machine that ever existed and will ever exist.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:31 PM   #8
Calis
College Starter

Heh, it's just word how this works. People seem to either love the Cel-Shading, or hate it. I honestly don't see what's so horrible about. It's the best use of Cel-Shading I've ever seen by far, the game LOOKS like a pretty high quality cartoon. The models and such are just fantastic, the animations are great. I really think people that steer clear because they don't like the new look are missing out big time.

But then again, I get sick and tired of game after game going for the photorealistic 3D, which ends up looking bad...and I can't really a Zelda like that, I think the Cel-Shading fits perfectly with the game.