Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-30-2003, 12:45 AM   #1
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

OT: Need a Classical Music buff, PLEASE!!!

Please, please ... I'm dying for help here from anyone that knows their stuff when it comes to Classical Music.

The music being played in the Pirates of the Caribbean trailer, which can be viewed here ... http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/pirates/

Right there, is soooo f'in cool, but I can't find the song name ANYWHERE, please ... if anyone knows the name of this track, can you please let me know!!

Thank you very much!

LionsFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:29 AM   #2
Tarkus
High School Varsity

I could be wrong but I think it might be an original score for the movie. I have quite an extensive classical music collection and that's one I've never heard before. Doesn't mean it's not a classical piece but that would be my best guess. You may need to get the soundtrack to hear it.

Tarkus

Last edited by Tarkus : 03-30-2003 at 09:53 AM.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 06:37 AM   #3
Blackadar
Retired

I too think it's an original score.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 08:33 AM   #4
KWhit
Coordinator

Same here. I'm not familiar with it, but I like what I hear.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:00 AM   #5
couriers

That is original music by composer Alan Silvestri who is also responsible for the original music in Forest Gump, The Quick and the Dead, Cast Away, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the Back to the Future series as well as numerous others.

I just happened to have looked him up after seeing the trailer a few months back.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:30 AM   #6
KWhit
Coordinator

I really like Silvestri. His work in Forest Gump was excellent.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:17 AM   #7
couriers

In regards to Forest Gump, he was nominated for Best Music / Original Score Oscar but came in second to Hans Zimmer who worked on The Lion King.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #8
MJ4H
Coordinator

hmmm actually, i just listened to the music from this trailer and it sounds STRONGLY like a section of Kilar's score from Bram Stoker's Dracula at the beginining of the trailer. (strongly enough that Id say it either WAS that or lifted from it). The end part of the trailer didnt seem to be that same bit though. But I KNOW the first part was. The very end Im not sure about because there were too many sound effect things covering it swords slashing and what-not). But trust me, the beginning was either that Dracula score or someone composed this and lifted straight from it.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 03:47 PM   #9
MJ4H
Coordinator

DOLA

OK just tracked it down. I was right. The beginning is either Kilar's Dracula or a direct lift from it. The track is called "Vampire Hunters." I have it ripped (took me an hour just to find the CD hehe) and will send it to you if you are interested. Just PM me or leave a note here in this thread.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 04:19 PM   #10
KWhit
Coordinator

As you guys probably know, the music for trailers is quite often not taken from the original score. Sometimes the score may not be ready in time or selections from the score don't fit with the tone of the 30 second or one minute trailer.

This will sound like Monday morning QB-ing but I thought to myself that the music sounded like BS's Dracula. I was in a production of Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale" which used Dracula music (a different track) and the music from that trailer sounded very similar.