Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-02-2005, 08:00 PM   #1
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Discovery Channel 9/11 Thing

So, I watch Mythbusters a lot, and it seems that Discovery Channel is doing a "recreation" of the final moments of Flight 93 on 9/11 (the one where the passengers fought back).

Now, don't get me wrong, I think that the actions (believed actions, I guess) of these passengers was heroic and I think 9/11 was tragic. Living just outside of DC (at the time, I was in College Park), with both parents working for the federal government, and with my SAR group dispatched to help in rescue and recovery efforts, 9/11 was a huge event in my life. That said, I don't think I could watch this TV special.

I'm not trying to bash those who want to remember 9/11 in this way, but what is the target audience for this special? I mean, I could understand if family members or friends of those on Flight 93 might want to see it, but that's a pretty small population. Who else might watch this? Or, what might be reasons to watch it?

Personally, 9/11 is so emotionally charged for me, I don't think I could watch it...

/tk

terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Not only that, but what are the basing the recreation on? Do they have some sort of new information?