Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2005, 02:42 PM   #451
korme
Go Reds

Plus, does anyone think Matt Stover is on the chopping block?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #452
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Don't tease me like that!

BTW, great news Cardinals fans: Kurt Warner's 11 rushing yards is currently your individual team leader!

that's a good one
Old 09-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #453
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Mark Brunell is named the starter for next week's game against the Cowboys.

Patrick Ramsey is now asking to be traded.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:09 PM   #454
JeeberD
General Manager

Beautiful!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #455
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Beautiful!

I would have to think, given the way Dallas played against SD, the Cowboys will have a big edge here.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:37 AM   #456
korme
Go Reds

Let me reiterate that 11 rushing yards by speedy Kurt Warner leads the team for Arizona.

JJ Arrington? 8 rushes, 5 yards
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 02:44 AM   #457
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Let me reiterate that 11 rushing yards by speedy Kurt Warner leads the team for Arizona.

Shorty, your from ohio...how did ohio state do this weekend?? Thats right, shut it
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:23 AM   #458
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

As if the two return TD's weren't embarassing enough for my beloved Cards. I wasn't all that surprised Arrington had a rough time of it, but I would have expected better results from Shipp.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:20 PM   #459
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

According to packernews.com, the Packers appear to be benching CB Carroll this week, and will start Joey Thomas in place of him.

It also looks like they may hold off on signing a WR. Driver moves to his former #1 receiver spot. Ferguson is #2. Instead of Chatman being #3 like I thought he would be, it looks like the rookie Terrance Murphy will be #3, health permitting. Then Chatman will stay at #4.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:25 PM   #460
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
The unfortunate case of domestic abuse he committed during this rookie season is the only thing preventing me from making Larry Johnson my personal football god.

Another "unfortunate" case

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2160514

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Running back Larry Johnson was arrested Monday night after an altercation with his girlfriend early Saturday morning at a Kansas City bar, the latest in a series of troubles with the law for Kansas City Chiefs players.

Police Department spokesman Darin Snapp said Johnson turned himself in and was cited for domestic abuse assault. Johnson posted bond and was released, with a court date set for Sept. 20 on the misdemeanor charge.

Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil, who said he only learned about Johnson's arrest on Tuesday, said his players know that anything they do -- or are accused of doing -- will be magnified because of who they are.

"I think we do as good as the best job in the National Football League of making sure players are aware of their vulnerability, their profile," Vermeil said. "There's no place to hide in Kansas City. Our fans know our players. To use common sense and to be aware of the problem areas. Stay out of the bad areas. Be aware of certain things."

Vermeil said the incident will not affect Johnson's standing with the team.

Chiefs President Carl Peterson said he didn't know much about the accusation and wouldn't talk about it until he knew more.

Snapp said the girlfriend came into the bar and saw Johnson with a different woman. The 25-year-old girlfriend, of Overland Park, Kan., saw Johnson and walked the other way, Snapp said, but Johnson text messaged her on her phone and asked her to meet him downstairs.

The running back then grabbed the woman by the arm and pulled her to the front door, Snapp said, where Johnson asked the manager to make her leave. The manager said he couldn't do that.

Snapp said Johnson became irate after his girlfriend confronted his date. The running back grabbed the victim by the shoulders and shoved her, causing her to fall onto the floor, the police report said.

The girlfriend told The Kansas City Star, in a story on its Web site, that the police report was wrong and denied that she was pushed or dragged to the door. Snapp said the woman told police she didn't want Johnson arrested, but instead just wanted the incident documented.

Friends convinced the woman the next day to file a police report after seeing bruises on her arms, Snapp said.

Johnson ran for 110 yards and two touchdowns against the New York Jets the next day.

He is the latest of several Chiefs players who have gotten in trouble with the law either at bars or the result of alcohol.

During training camp, backup quarterback Todd Collins was involved in a melee at a restaurant and bar near River Falls, Wis.

In earlier incidents, kicker Lawrence Tynes was charged with breaking a bouncer's nose in a River Falls bar fight. Defensive tackle Junior Siavii and safety Greg Wesley also were arrested during camp after allegedly getting into a drunken confrontation with police in a Minneapolis hotel.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #461
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Pfft. Domestic assualt. That's a mandatory slap on the wrist, atleast for NFL players. the Packer's Ahman Green just got off easy for his.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:52 AM   #462
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Weel 2. Bengals and Vikes I think is overhyped.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #463
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I hope Orton shows us some of his goods today.