Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #51
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
To a certain extend you are right. Expending effort on only half the downs and putting up best-in-the-league stats speaks to his amazing talent. He is, without question, the most talented football player I have ever seen. A lot of people disagree with me, but I have never seen anyone else who could do whatever they wanted on the field, seemingly at will.

But I agree with the liability statement to a certain extent (at least with the Vikes, its hard to call anyone else a liability on a team with Kerry Collins). If he had played to his full ability, I believe that the Minnesota offense the past few years would have been the best ever, good enough to win at least one Super Bowl, even with that mediocre defense, and average running backs. In my mind, Moss is a player who cost Minnesota championships by being (lets call it what it is) lazy, he's not the kind of player who will lead a team to championships.

Well said. The most talented player I've ever seen. He can do anything on the field he wants to do.

If we could all just dream for a second. . . imagine Jerry Rice having that type of pure talent.

It'd be like a real life version of some superhuman player created in a video game. You wouldn't be able to stop him or the team. As it is, teams can deal with Moss.

And with both the Vikings and the Raiders being at 0-2, I'm not sure we can declare a winner/loser on this thing yet.

TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #52
timbuc2
n00b

i wasnt trash talking about the bucs, i am obviously glad they are 2-0, but with Brian Griese at QB, anything (bad) could happen.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:54 PM   #53
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Monkeyface

Old 09-22-2005, 01:56 PM   #54
timbuc2
n00b

looks like David Bowie with a Michael Jackson nose job... i will have nightmares now
Old 09-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #55
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
To a certain extend you are right. Expending effort on only half the downs and putting up best-in-the-league stats speaks to his amazing talent. He is, without question, the most talented football player I have ever seen. A lot of people disagree with me, but I have never seen anyone else who could do whatever they wanted on the field, seemingly at will.

But I agree with the liability statement to a certain extent (at least with the Vikes, its hard to call anyone else a liability on a team with Kerry Collins). If he had played to his full ability, I believe that the Minnesota offense the past few years would have been the best ever, good enough to win at least one Super Bowl, even with that mediocre defense, and average running backs. In my mind, Moss is a player who cost Minnesota championships by being (lets call it what it is) lazy, he's not the kind of player who will lead a team to championships.

Tell me who scored more than the 98 vikes...no one...technically they were the best ever...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #56
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Brady can run faster than Vick......are you high?

I believe he was employing a technique that many of us like to refer to as "sarcasm."
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote