Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
MJ4H
Coordinator

Hmm, what do I do with this?

On about October 24, I ordered a new monitor from an online store (it was a great deal, a dell 2001fp for barely $400). After a week of waiting with no indication the item had shipped I called them to ask what was going on. They said oh it looks like it should've shipped but I'll check on it and email you a tracking number as soon as I can.

Well the next morning I got a tracking number. According to ups, they still hadn't received the item to ship to me after another week. So I called them again. They gave me some run around about an error where the wrong monitor was in the box and they had to start over and they would do their best to get the item out to me the next day. Ok, it had only been two weeks since I'd PAID for this monitor and they still hadn't sent it to me. This was a little annoying.

So, about 1 hour after I made that call, my doorbell rang. There was a brand new 2001fp monitor on my doorstep. Hmm, ok. Must've just got someone that didn't know how to use the system or something. I hooked my monitor up and had a blast and forgot all about it.

Of course, this morning, when my doorbell rings and there is another 2001fp sitting on my door step, I laughed. Since my first one had two dead pixels I will check to see if this one has more or less and use the better of the two.

So, I just emailed them to let them know I received a second one. Anything else I should do? Am I legally bound to do anything here? This is a new one to me.

MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
Icy
Pro Starter

I think you did well, you have contacted them regarding that so they should answer you back. Probably they will ask you to send one of them back but they must pay for the transport service not you.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:13 AM   #3
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

Tell them you will be keeping both for the pain and suffering you had to go through for 2 weeks +>...
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
Dutch
"Dutch"

While you at it, you have two exact monitors, I'd ask if they will just sell the second one for a discounted price and have dual-monitor display!

Or...just send the one with the two busted pixels back to them.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #5
MJ4H
Coordinator

I already have a dual monitor display. My vid-card can't handle 3. And yes, I plan to send them the one with more dead pixels.

Though the 2 dead pixels dont bother me at all. I thought they would, but I never even notice them.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #6
JHandley
High School Varsity

Sounds like a great excuse to buy a brand new video card as well. When they ship you two, I'll take the extra one off your hands.
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #7
Icy
Pro Starter

You should now buy a PC from them, then when you receive both... you will have 3 PC and 2 monitors... so you need to buy another monitor....then they will ship two... then you buy another Pc....and in a few months you could start your own computers shop...sounds like a plan, do you need a partner?
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote