Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #451
rowech
Pro Starter

God of War III is bloody. Not sure if it's much more than the other games in the series as I haven't played those but wow on this one. Throw in a sex scene and I know I'd be upset if a kid under 14 was playing this game. (yes, I know there are millions that are)

Last edited by rowech : 03-21-2010 at 09:58 AM.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #452
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
God of War III is bloody. Not sure if it's much more than the other games in the series as I haven't played those but wow on this one. Throw in a sex scene and I know I'd be upset if a kid under 14 was playing this game. (yes, I know there are millions that are)

You whore.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #453
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Agreed. My local gamestops and bestbuys have plenty of all 3 systems now. I've seen no shortage since before the holidays.

Last week or so when I was in the market for a new 360 our local Gamestops were out of stock on refurbs & had 1 new left between the two stores. Local Play N' Trade had no 360's in stock.

Best I figure tell it's kind of hit & miss depending upon your market, the store(s) you check, and what day of the week you try in relationship to their delivery day(s).
Old 03-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #454
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Really? I don't remember the last time I went into a store that sold video games (and I actually kill time in places like that a few times a month) and they had a shortage of ANY of the systems. Probably anecdotal evidence, since I am not there LOOKING for a system, but I tend to notice empty shelves.

You're correct at some level. Supply seems to vary wildly based on location. There's some places where there's ample supply and other places where you're better off just searching online than even bothering to go to the store.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #455
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

BTW......here's the info from the Gamestop exec in an article if you were curious.

The Escapist : News : GameStop: Wii, PS3 Shortages to Continue For Months
Old 03-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #456
rowech
Pro Starter

Does 360 have the same shortage? I've been debating trading mine in. Have two controllers, a charger, two guitars, FIFA, and NHL. Is there any real chance of me getting a decent amount of trade-in value?
Old 03-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #457
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Does 360 have the same shortage? I've been debating trading mine in. Have two controllers, a charger, two guitars, FIFA, and NHL. Is there any real chance of me getting a decent amount of trade-in value?

No, plenty of 360's available. They're actually expecting a slow down in sales in the next few months on the 360 with a rumored slim model possibly on the way.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #458
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
No, plenty of 360's available. They're actually expecting a slow down in sales in the next few months on the 360 with a rumored slim model possibly on the way.

See Jon's post above about a 360 shortage in his area. As you said, it depends upon the market/location, etc.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #459
rowech
Pro Starter

Just finished God of War III. Very slow to start out with but really enjoyed it. Ending was all kinds of crazy.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #460
MJ4H
Coordinator

He's on fire!
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #461
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am about 30 hours into "Mass Effect 2" at the moment, which is already 5 hours more than I played the entire first game. I am not sure how far into it I am. I have gathered the entire crew (that's available) and have done about half of their side missions. I would say that I am probably a little more than halfway through with the game? It's hard to tell.

If BioWare improves on "Dragon Age" like they did "Mass Effect", "Dragon Age 2" could be the greatest game ever. While I liked "Mass Effect" well enough it suffered from some pretty big problems.

Here were the biggest problems I had with the original "Mass Effect":

1. The inventory management system was a bit off. I liked the variety of weapons and upgrades, but it seemed like a chore trying to keep track of everything. Is this upgrade better than that upgrade? Is the Stilleto VII better than the Falcon VII or is the Stilleto VI better? In most cases, there was one type of gun clearly better than the rest and that's the one you took, but it just took a bunch of tinkering to figure that out. Not a huge detraction, since inventory management is a staple in these games, but I found it more confusing here than in some other games.

2. The side planet missions were all, more or less, identical. Some had a nifty little story behind them that I liked, but all the planet missions were too similar in execution. You land. Drive your buggy over usually annoyingly mountainous terrain. Get to the base/cave/hideout/research facility. There were usually some turrets or dudes defending it. You kill them. Go inside. Inside, there are three basic layouts, all of which are very similar. It's not like layout 1, 2, or 3. It's more like layout 1.A, 1.B, and 1.C. The villains are always in the same part of the building. Even the few missions that take place on other ships have the same basic layout. A little work to change things up there would have gone a long way in making the side missions more unique and interesting. I lost interest in most of them after a while.

3. The people in my group during combat were of limited use. I had them using their own powers and such, but they often spent a lot of time just getting in my way or constantly shooting me in the back. There's no friendly fire, so it's not that bad, but it was still a bit irritating. When I was able to corral them and use their abilities effectively, we were a pretty kick-ass fighting squad.

4. Enemy AI. The AI of most villains was awful. That really made combat less exciting and enjoyable. They would use cover at times, but not always and not in a very effective way. I fought a couple of villains that really seemed to use it well, but not nearly enough. Many times they would just run at me or just run around as I tore them to pieces with my kick-ass assault rifle.

I am sure I wasn't the only one who had these same issues with the game and BioWare clearly knew they were problems and adressed each and every one of them. The AI is vastly improved, the missions are very different and the locations are all unique. I am really enjoying the game. The NPC quests have been great. So far, they have all been pretty interesting, emotionally engaging and a lot of fun.

I would, however, recommend playing through "Mass Effect", just ignore most of the non-critical missions or least those not involving PCs or NPCs, since they add very little to the game, because there are some very cool payoffs in Mass Effect 2. Minor NPCs and missions do come back. You meet up some with of your old crew. The game really builds on what happened in the first one, so, in order to apprecaite a lot of you, it's best to have played it. Apparently, something like 400 data points transfer over if you convert your ME 1 saved game to ME 2. It definitely shows.

So far, based on my recent RPG glut I would rank the games as: Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, and Mass Effect.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-24-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #462
WVUFAN
College Starter

I remember from the first Mass Effect that they had a auto-target feature, since I can't play shooters with a controller at all -- do they have something like that in Mass Effect 2?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #463
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
I remember from the first Mass Effect that they had a auto-target feature, since I can't play shooters with a controller at all -- do they have something like that in Mass Effect 2?

I don't know. It may. I never noticed it/used it in the first game.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #464
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I believe the PC version has a "aim-assist" option so I imagine the consoles would have something similiar.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #465
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post

I'm terrible aiming with a controller (picture a rhino with an xbox controller, and it'd probably have better aiming skills), but ME2 is very, very forgiving with your aim. I don't think I ever felt frustrated with my aiming.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #466
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I am about 30 hours into "Mass Effect 2" at the moment, which is already 5 hours more than I played the entire first game. I am not sure how far into it I am. I have gathered the entire crew (that's available) and have done about half of their side missions. I would say that I am probably a little more than halfway through with the game? It's hard to tell.

If BioWare improves on "Dragon Age" like they did "Mass Effect", "Dragon Age 2" could be the greatest game ever. While I liked "Mass Effect" well enough it suffered from some pretty big problems.

Here were the biggest problems I had with the original "Mass Effect":

1. The inventory management system was a bit off. I liked the variety of weapons and upgrades, but it seemed like a chore trying to keep track of everything. Is this upgrade better than that upgrade? Is the Stilleto VII better than the Falcon VII or is the Stilleto VI better? In most cases, there was one type of gun clearly better than the rest and that's the one you took, but it just took a bunch of tinkering to figure that out. Not a huge detraction, since inventory management is a staple in these games, but I found it more confusing here than in some other games.

2. The side planet missions were all, more or less, identical. Some had a nifty little story behind them that I liked, but all the planet missions were too similar in execution. You land. Drive your buggy over usually annoyingly mountainous terrain. Get to the base/cave/hideout/research facility. There were usually some turrets or dudes defending it. You kill them. Go inside. Inside, there are three basic layouts, all of which are very similar. It's not like layout 1, 2, or 3. It's more like layout 1.A, 1.B, and 1.C. The villains are always in the same part of the building. Even the few missions that take place on other ships have the same basic layout. A little work to change things up there would have gone a long way in making the side missions more unique and interesting. I lost interest in most of them after a while.

3. The people in my group during combat were of limited use. I had them using their own powers and such, but they often spent a lot of time just getting in my way or constantly shooting me in the back. There's no friendly fire, so it's not that bad, but it was still a bit irritating. When I was able to corral them and use their abilities effectively, we were a pretty kick-ass fighting squad.

4. Enemy AI. The AI of most villains was awful. That really made combat less exciting and enjoyable. They would use cover at times, but not always and not in a very effective way. I fought a couple of villains that really seemed to use it well, but not nearly enough. Many times they would just run at me or just run around as I tore them to pieces with my kick-ass assault rifle.

I am sure I wasn't the only one who had these same issues with the game and BioWare clearly knew they were problems and adressed each and every one of them. The AI is vastly improved, the missions are very different and the locations are all unique. I am really enjoying the game. The NPC quests have been great. So far, they have all been pretty interesting, emotionally engaging and a lot of fun.

I would, however, recommend playing through "Mass Effect", just ignore most of the non-critical missions or least those not involving PCs or NPCs, since they add very little to the game, because there are some very cool payoffs in Mass Effect 2. Minor NPCs and missions do come back. You meet up some with of your old crew. The game really builds on what happened in the first one, so, in order to apprecaite a lot of you, it's best to have played it. Apparently, something like 400 data points transfer over if you convert your ME 1 saved game to ME 2. It definitely shows.

So far, based on my recent RPG glut I would rank the games as: Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, and Mass Effect.

I will say I've had my ass saved by compadres using their powers in ME2 a few times.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #467
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
I'm terrible aiming with a controller (picture a rhino with an xbox controller, and it'd probably have better aiming skills), but ME2 is very, very forgiving with your aim. I don't think I ever felt frustrated with my aiming.

It is forgiving, but I would not say very forgiving and definitely not as forgiving as the 1st one. ME2 feels much more like a shooter to me than 1 ever did. That being said, I still rely on the powers and they are very helpful in turning the tide. I particularly like tech armor.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #468
SackAttack
Head Coach

I am loving the Firewalker pack that came out today, offhand. As unforgiving and frustrating as the Mako was, the new vehicle is the opposite.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #469
Schmidty
Coordinator

I know I'm way behind the times, but I'm finally playing Dragon Age on PC. I like it a lot. Even though I'm running it with a 9600 gts, it still looks great with everything maxed out.

My only question: I'm playing as a good guy, but is there any way to be bad and still make the game fun (unlike NW2)?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #470
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I am loving the Firewalker pack that came out today, offhand. As unforgiving and frustrating as the Mako was, the new vehicle is the opposite.

I just started downloading it.

Ditching the Mako was very good.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #471
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
My only question: I'm playing as a good guy, but is there any way to be bad and still make the game fun (unlike NW2)?

It's hard to say, since I never played NW2. You can play as bad/immoral and still get through the game. I think the game still follows the same general path, but the world will be affected differently for certain.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #472
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I have both. Honestly I have given BC2 two chances at online game play and went back to MW2. I will give it another shot, but my experiences with BC2 so far have not been good. I can deal with the cheese tactics in MW2 (commando/lightweight/marathon set up with double shotguns), I am still unsure I like BC2 and how it does things. The games seemed cool, but when I was on (middle of the night) hardly anyone was playing it seemed (they are playing on MW2 at that time). Also, the non-stop helicopters annoyed me, especially when every match seemed like it was only 5v5 at best. I am used to Ground War in MW2 and WaW, I like more guys.
People are playing in the middle of the night, it's just EA has such a horrible matchmaking system that there are rarely full games at night. The game is a blast during prime gaming hours but unplayable during off-peak hours.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #473
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I am experiencing similar issues w/ BC2. I played late afternoon yesterday (I've played more Squad Deathmatch than the other modes) and had a good time with ny Team of 4 for an hour or so. I logged back in last night, and I had 2 rounds where I was the only player in my squad. I hope they are focusing on improvements for matchmaking. I really enjoy this game. More than MW2.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #474
SportsDino
College Prospect

I played an evil character, the game is pretty much the same meat, just slightly different gravy. You get some benefits you wouldn't get otherwise, you lose some, it doesn't make the game hard, but if you are expecting a severely different experience you probably won't get it. Its nice to piss off a good character so they leave you, but either way you still go through the same sequence of events, you just have a different cast at the end game.

I crush on Morrigan so it was fun for me, bit easier to get her funner moments if you lean evil.

The game doesn't get noticeably harder or easier, for me, however i will say there is a severe disadvantage to a couple particular choices if you rely on the easiest way to win the game (tank and heal). When i went evil I focused on causing damage as quickly and viciously as possible and didn't have too much trouble, although I carried more potions than most probably did (wealth is plentiful in the game for the most part).
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #475
SackAttack
Head Coach

Beat Mass Effect 2 last night. Intense and amusing at the same time.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #476
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If you wouldn't mind saying, what was your playtime? Just curious as to how long it is taking people to play through the game. I have the game, but I'm not sure now is the time to dig into a 40 hour game. Basically the play time is going to determine if I start the game this week or during the summer.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #477
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
If you wouldn't mind saying, what was your playtime? Just curious as to how long it is taking people to play through the game. I have the game, but I'm not sure now is the time to dig into a 40 hour game. Basically the play time is going to determine if I start the game this week or during the summer.

I am 34 hours or so into the game and haven't finished it. Not sure how much is left, but I would expect (and hope for) at least several more hours.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #478
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Let me preface this by saying I did fucking EVERYTHING before I took on the final mission.

So, with that said, I clocked in around 50 hours.

But, again...everything. And that includes the Firewalker DLC that just came out. And that playtime was probably inflated some by flipping back and forth between my Xbox 360 and my PC (both are hooked up to my TV) if I had conversations going on with AIM buddies.

My guess is that the game is beatable in a 30-35 hour range, but inflatable up to 45-50, and that the difficulty on which you play influences things too.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #479
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsDino View Post
I played an evil character, the game is pretty much the same meat, just slightly different gravy. You get some benefits you wouldn't get otherwise, you lose some, it doesn't make the game hard, but if you are expecting a severely different experience you probably won't get it. Its nice to piss off a good character so they leave you, but either way you still go through the same sequence of events, you just have a different cast at the end game.

I crush on Morrigan so it was fun for me, bit easier to get her funner moments if you lean evil.

The game doesn't get noticeably harder or easier, for me, however i will say there is a severe disadvantage to a couple particular choices if you rely on the easiest way to win the game (tank and heal). When i went evil I focused on causing damage as quickly and viciously as possible and didn't have too much trouble, although I carried more potions than most probably did (wealth is plentiful in the game for the most part).

Cool, thanks.

One last question: Regardless of good or bad, is it worth playing through again as a character with a different race and background?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #480
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Cool, thanks.

One last question: Regardless of good or bad, is it worth playing through again as a character with a different race and background?

Instead of playing this game, you should get on posting certain pics pls k thx.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #481
TroyF
Coordinator

I finished off God of War III.

Generic impressions:

1) This would rank in my top 20 games ever played, so don't take what I say after this to mean the game sucks, it doesn't.

2) If Bioshock 2 pissed people off because of a lack of innovation, God of War III did that for me. The graphics were nicer. The new weapons system was ok (outside of the fact you really only needed two of them to finish the game) But at the end of the day, this wasn't that much different from God of War.

3) Certain parts of the story really bothered me. Overall it was an OK ending, but some things just pissed me off.

Spoiler
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #482
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another trailer from 3D Dot Game Heroes. Really looking forward to the release of this game.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:08 AM   #483
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I went back to trying Bad Company 2's online MP play, and I have played Modern Warfare once since then. It seems I was getting very tired of the cheese on MW2 and I have gotten more used to Bad Company and enjoying it very much. The off-peak hours do stink as I and someone else pointed out, though it hasn't been as bad as that first time I tried it. Plus, I have suffered really no lag so that is a nice bonus after the COD games.

Wanted to play the last 8 hours, going to get some time in right now actually.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:00 AM   #484
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, I went back to trying Bad Company 2's online MP play, and I have played Modern Warfare once since then. It seems I was getting very tired of the cheese on MW2 and I have gotten more used to Bad Company and enjoying it very much. The off-peak hours do stink as I and someone else pointed out, though it hasn't been as bad as that first time I tried it. Plus, I have suffered really no lag so that is a nice bonus after the COD games.

Wanted to play the last 8 hours, going to get some time in right now actually.

I love Bad Company 2 multiplayer. It is one of the first games in a long time where I actually feel like I am one of the better players. I mean I was average at Halo 2 and Perfect Dark Zero and probably below average at GRAW. Those actually being the last 3 FPS online games that I played.

Now on Bad Company 2, I have games where I'm average, but for some reason it seems that I'm getting alot of "Best Player" medals. This is probably influencing my opinion of the game a little bit, but I would recommend this game to anybody. For anyone wondering I play an Assault class mainly with a 4x zoom scope and the increased accuracy gun modification.

The main thing that most people don't seem to understand which I think really makes my play that much better is to tap the fire button. Most players seem to hold it and it makes thier gun fire completely inaccurate. By tapping it you make the cursor reset to what you are shooting and you can really get alot of bullets on your target.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:15 AM   #485
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I love Bad Company 2 multiplayer. It is one of the first games in a long time where I actually feel like I am one of the better players. I mean I was average at Halo 2 and Perfect Dark Zero and probably below average at GRAW. Those actually being the last 3 FPS online games that I played.

Now on Bad Company 2, I have games where I'm average, but for some reason it seems that I'm getting alot of "Best Player" medals. This is probably influencing my opinion of the game a little bit, but I would recommend this game to anybody. For anyone wondering I play an Assault class mainly with a 4x zoom scope and the increased accuracy gun modification.

The main thing that most people don't seem to understand which I think really makes my play that much better is to tap the fire button. Most players seem to hold it and it makes thier gun fire completely inaccurate. By tapping it you make the cursor reset to what you are shooting and you can really get alot of bullets on your target.

I think it is the small things I really like once I got it in my head to use, and to use the right way. Anti-tank mines being one. I like being Engineer class because of RPGs and AT mines, add on the extra explosives perk and last night I had 3 tanks with multiple guys blow up on one stretch of road in a game of rush. They kept coming back, and I kept having more AT mines for them. Plus the RPGs are great on maps without tanks or choppers, especially for opening up a new building entrance.

I also have found my joy of sniping again. I hate sniping in MW2 online.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:32 AM   #486
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Plus the RPGs are great on maps without tanks or choppers, especially for opening up a new building entrance.

An fyi the assault class's gernade launcher add-on to the gun is much better for this use. It litterally takes 1/4 of the time to switch to the gernade laucher, shoot it off and then switch back to the assault rifle that it takes to whip out the RPG, shoot it and then switch back.

I started out playing the eng. class, but after a few plays of the assault it switched back due to the more powerful and accurate assault rifles and the fact that the gernade launcher is IMO 10x more useful for getting kills than the RPG. The only downside to assault is that it is useless against vechicles, but enough people play those classes that it is easy to rack up kills just letting those guys destroy the tank and then quickly killing the people who run out.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #487
RainMaker
General Manager

The grenade launcher is so underutilized. It's a great way to quickly clear out walls too and it's always great when you blow out a wall and get a blind kill.

You can also use the smoke attachment which works great too. I love it as a defender because when an MCOM is set, you can launch a few in front of it so the snipers can't see anything and then disarm. It also makes a nice cover if you're crossing some open land.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #488
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I will have to give the grenade launcher my tries. I got so used to hating people in MW2 who used it for spawn kills that I have only really used the smoke grenades. Smoke is always nice.

@dubb, there has always been a part of me that greatly enjoys blowing up people in tanks, I racked up a ton of kills in COD: World at War by blowing guys in their tanks. Some guys just think they are invincible in them and go charging in, and have probably gotten away with getting a bunch of kills like that in many of their games. I take pleasure making their game play a pain in the ass.

I am also trying to perfect shooting down helicopters. I am getting a little better.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #489
SportsDino
College Prospect

Quote:
Cool, thanks.

Play through every backstory... or at least mage, human, one dwarf (most similar my opinion), and both elves. As i've said in general about Dragon Age, the rest of the game experience may be 'tweaked' but it won't feel like a significantly different game from a story standpoint.

If you like to roleplay a bit and play through again for gameplay, the good/evil styling is different enough to appreciate the subtleties. Also if you are a gameplay nut, gearing up your team for something other than the tank and heal strategy is a fun project (tank and heal is the simplest and I suggest for first playthrough, in this game, probably also do your good playthrough for easiest learning curve).

I don't know if I got the urge to go a third time, it took gathering up DLC to encourage me to try a second full play (I went good, tank and heal, was EASY). My first time was evil, mage heavy, with emphasis on rapid damage... a thing of beauty when taking on a small orc horde and you cut through em like flaming knife through butter (I liked fire).

I've gone through the backstories but generally bailed out at Ostagar for most of them after my first full game. I played deep enough to be convinced it doesn't have too much of an effect though, other than small touches.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #490
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
An fyi the assault class's gernade launcher add-on to the gun is much better for this use. It litterally takes 1/4 of the time to switch to the gernade laucher, shoot it off and then switch back to the assault rifle that it takes to whip out the RPG, shoot it and then switch back.

I started out playing the eng. class, but after a few plays of the assault it switched back due to the more powerful and accurate assault rifles and the fact that the gernade launcher is IMO 10x more useful for getting kills than the RPG. The only downside to assault is that it is useless against vechicles, but enough people play those classes that it is easy to rack up kills just letting those guys destroy the tank and then quickly killing theV people who run out.

I didn't realize it at first but you are able to use the grenade launcher at short range to take out part of a wall and the shell will not explode.

As far as the engineer class, I had a lot more fun once I unlocked the Carl Gustav to replace the RPG. It's better for getting kills and taking down helicopters.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #491
mckerney
Coordinator

Also, make sure you get at least one kill with the defibs and repair tool. Good times, good times...
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #492
RainMaker
General Manager

Carl Gustav is a good friend.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #493
Emmett13
Mascot

I've never been more ready for a game than Red Dead Redemption.

My all time favorite SNES game was Sunset Riders. And I've tried just about every western since then, most sucked very, very hard. Red Dead Revolver was kind of cool, so was Gun. But for the most part, ass.

Looks sweeter than sweet. Some might say, really sweet.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #494
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I just finished this too. I agree, a fun ending. Some of the dialogue between Joker and Edi had me laughing out loud for a while after. Some great stuff.

I loved how they involved the whole team during the last mission. I'd love to see that kind of thing in more missions in the next game.

Great game.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #495
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

New map packs on the way for MW2, March 30th for 360.

I guess mentioning that is about the hip equivalent of mentioning the impending arrival of a Creed album or something but it seemed worth at least a quick mention.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #496
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay I need to buy a computer game. No idea what's good lately. I like action adventures with STORY (1st or 3rd person), adventures, RPGS.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #497
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
New map packs on the way for MW2, March 30th for 360.

I guess mentioning that is about the hip equivalent of mentioning the impending arrival of a Creed album or something but it seemed worth at least a quick mention.

I have decided I won't be buying it. I will not pay $15 for a map pack.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:57 AM   #498
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I just finished this too. I agree, a fun ending. Some of the dialogue between Joker and Edi had me laughing out loud for a while after. Some great stuff.

I loved how they involved the whole team during the last mission. I'd love to see that kind of thing in more missions in the next game.

Great game.

Joker kicked some serious ass in this game. Best NPC performance ever.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #499
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I have decided I won't be buying it. I will not pay $15 for a map pack.

Cripes, that's expensive. Same price on the PS3 I assume?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #500
rowech
Pro Starter

I know that it's not a 2010 game but I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 4...or I should say I'm watching Metal Gear Solid 4. Is this a joke?