Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2017, 01:16 PM   #451
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
With Embiid still being an injury risk, I don't understand trading Noel. I would think they would rather move Okafor given that he's the odd man out.

Not sure what Chicago will do, if anything. Unless they bring in picks, they might do best by standing pat and asking Butler and Wade to coast in so they can drop into the lottery.

Justin Anderson is pretty good player that fits what Philly needs right now. If his 3 point shot develops like players with similar statistical profiles then he becomes a steal for Philly.

I think they got good value for Noel here considering they were hitting the point where they needed to either move him or make a long term commitment. The only negative I can see here is if this means they're committing to Okafor being the backup for the next 2 years.

Last edited by Atocep : 02-23-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #452
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Happy that the Wizards didn't do anything crazy but still were able to strengthen the bench with Bogdonavich and got rid of Nicholson's horrible contract. Thanks Brooklyn.
The rare time where Brooklyn is in such a bad position that's actually a good trade for them! (Gets them closer to salary floor so saves them real money this year, nobody's signing there the next 2 years anyway, and they actually get another (late) 1st for upcoming RFA Bogdanovich.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #453
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Zach Low says it converts to two 2nd round picks if not conveyed.
(Just happened to notice that on espn.com)
Thanks. I'm busy refreshing Woj, but he's just interested in dropping bombs while Zach Lowe quietly puts out actual details!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Seems to be traction on PG13 to Boston. Love deadline day! I'm not even sure it's the right move depending on package, but fun times.
The rumor was they wanted 3 of Jaylen, Avery, Marcus & Jae + this year's Nets pick. I might consider 2 depending on which 2, but that's too much.

Might as well trade Zeller & a 2nd for Bogut instead of competing vs LeBron to sign him. That way Danny can say he made a real trade this time!
Old 02-23-2017, 01:54 PM   #454
wustin
College Prospect

I've watched most if not all of Dallas' games this season. Anderson has been awful. He only got minutes because he hustles and is athletic. Having to split minutes with an undrafted rookie all season long is a testament to his development.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #455
wustin
College Prospect

edit: nvm, this is what i get for clickbaits

Last edited by wustin : 02-23-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #456
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

So does OKC go McDermott-Gibson with Sabonis playing a lot more 5 now?
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #457
wustin
College Prospect

I think Gibson would come off the bench to back up Adams. I would still start Sabonis at the stretch 4.

McDermott is a huge upgrade from Roberson though.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #458
korme
Go Reds

I think HoopsRumors said Gibson will most likely supplant Sabonis as the starter
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #459
wustin
College Prospect

Is Kanter still out or is he coming back tomorrow? I was under the assumption that Kanter is still recovering.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #460
korme
Go Reds

"Enes Kanter says his arm feels "pretty good" and when asked if he might play on Friday night, he said "it's a secret."
If Kanter really is in play for tomorrow night against the Lakers it means he recovered very quickly from his broken arm and returned a bit ahead of schedule. While feeling "pretty good" is a step in the right direction, we still don't know if Kanter has a realistic shot at playing on Friday."
Old 02-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #461
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I'm feeling pretty good about the Raps deadline. Getting Ibaka and Tucker for a late 1st, 2 2nds Sully and Ross is a good deal and makes the rotation a lot clearer.

The offseason is going to be a mess with Lowry, PPat and Ibaka up, but it's time to be happy for now.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #462
wustin
College Prospect

Cavs are going to be 12-man deep once they add Deron and Bogut to the roster. Lebron and Kyrie are going to have plenty of games to rest and Love can sit out even longer to recover.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:47 PM   #463
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
I'm feeling pretty good about the Raps deadline. Getting Ibaka and Tucker for a late 1st, 2 2nds Sully and Ross is a good deal and makes the rotation a lot clearer.

The offseason is going to be a mess with Lowry, PPat and Ibaka up, but it's time to be happy for now.
+1

I've always liked Ross, but with the emergence of Norman Powell he's redundant (& expensive for a likely tax team). Sully was a good gamble but once he got hurt (which wasn't exactly shocking) it just wasn't going to work this year & even if he showed flashes he'd just price himself out of the Raptors range.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #464
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
Cavs are going to be 12-man deep once they add Deron and Bogut to the roster. Lebron and Kyrie are going to have plenty of games to rest and Love can sit out even longer to recover.
Cavs have already locked in Bogut? I suspect there could be a bit of a competition for him, which is why I wouldn't have been shocked or mad if the Celtics threw one of our future 2nd round picks that will never see the roster at Philly (or someone else did.)
Old 02-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #465
Groundhog
Coordinator

Raptors did about as well as they could do with what they had.

Bulls and Sixers, bleh.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #466
korme
Go Reds

League Pass paying off tonight. Watching Cousins first game has been awesome. You can tell the positioning isn't there and everyone is hesitant to be selfish. It will work itself out. Might be my new squad.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:27 PM   #467
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Raptors did about as well as they could do with what they had.

Bulls and Sixers, bleh.

I'm glad the Bulls got a young pg with potential and a young C that might be decent, but I would've liked Gibson there to help them out. I don't understand why they had to give up a 2nd rounder instead of getting one in the deal. And I'm glad they kept Butler.

But they couldn't find someone to take Rondo for a box of Snickers or something?

Last edited by rjolley : 02-23-2017 at 08:28 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:17 PM   #468
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
League Pass paying off tonight. Watching Cousins first game has been awesome. You can tell the positioning isn't there and everyone is hesitant to be selfish. It will work itself out. Might be my new squad.
I watched a bit too and know things will be better, but being down 33 entering the 4th - a.k.a. the largest deficit entering the 4th in franchise history - is hilariously bad optics.

Btw, apparently the NBA rumor mill was wrong and Bogut is eligible to sign with Golden State.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:42 PM   #469
wustin
College Prospect

Kings gonna get that 8th spot

Ewing theory happening
Old 02-24-2017, 01:57 AM   #470
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post

I dunno if we will actually get Bogut but Deron is a huge signing. Derrick Williams has been a solid rotation guy. With Korver/Williams/Williams added to the bench I actually think we have a fighting chance to repeat. I'd have said we would lose in 5 previously, but now I can see us losing in 6 (Most likely) but stretching a series to 7 and maybe winning is possible.

Also this Hernangomez guy on the Knicks is a solid big.

Last edited by stevew : 02-24-2017 at 02:00 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #471
korme
Go Reds

The Hernangomez Bros. revolution is only just beginning, steve.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:18 AM   #472
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

Btw, apparently the NBA rumor mill was wrong and Bogut is eligible to sign with Golden State.

Apparently so.

The loophole to the loophole-closing rule (basically the Jerry Stackhouse rule) is that the prohibition to reacquiring a waived player only applies to the last team to trade him. So the Mavs replace the Warriors in the can't-sign-Bogut penalty box.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #473
miami_fan
Coordinator

Ben Simmons of Philadelphia 76ers won't play this season after tests reveal injured foot not fully healed

Redshirt season for Simmons.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:28 PM   #474
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Good ol' Shaq ... making the case that maybe more players suffered head injuries & post-concussion trauma than we realized.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:02 AM   #475
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Do the Sixers have major issues properly diagnosing and treating foot issues or what?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #476
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Good ol' Shaq ... making the case that maybe more players suffered head injuries & post-concussion trauma than we realized.

Are you saying that you are not approving of Shaq's attempts to toughen young JaVale up a bit?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 02-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #477
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Are you saying that you are not approving of Shaq's attempts to toughen young JaVale up a bit?

I'm sayin Shaq's old ass talkin shit to McGee (and then to Durant) is one of the dumber things I've seen in a bit.

I thought Durant made a nice effort at reminding O'Neal about reality but I'm not sure the clown is gonna really get it.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #478
miami_fan
Coordinator

Um, huh?

Team Rose is still that strong in Chicago?

Backlash forces Anthony Morrow to not wear former Chicago Bull Derrick Rose's no. 1
Old 02-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #479
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm sayin Shaq's old ass talkin shit to McGee (and then to Durant) is one of the dumber things I've seen in a bit.

I thought Durant made a nice effort at reminding O'Neal about reality but I'm not sure the clown is gonna really get it.

I agree with this. I'm all for the announcers criticizing players if they feel they need to to it. Say Lebron is whining, say Rose sucks and shouldn't be in the league, etc. But to hammer this point for this length of time is over the top. There is a time to let it go.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:16 PM   #480
MrBug708
Head Coach

Lamar Ball said Lonzo will only play for the Lakers.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #481
miami_fan
Coordinator

Or?
Old 02-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #482
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Lamar Ball said Lonzo will only play for the Lakers.

He also said he's better than Steph Curry right now.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #483
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I agree with this. I'm all for the announcers criticizing players if they feel they need to to it. Say Lebron is whining, say Rose sucks and shouldn't be in the league, etc. But to hammer this point for this length of time is over the top. There is a time to let it go.

Shaw has always been a bit of an idiot honestly. I am still surprised he got the announcing gig.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:14 PM   #484
wustin
College Prospect

Not trying to toot my own horn but I called it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ_HRGyFm9U/

Last edited by wustin : 02-26-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #485
Groundhog
Coordinator

Embiid out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. Is 31 games enough for rookie of the year?
Old 03-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #486
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Embiid out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. Is 31 games enough for rookie of the year?

I would say no just because I don't think he has enough of a sample size for an annual award. However, my god, what a horrible rookie class this has been. If he did win it, I would not have too much of an objection to it. The awards season has gotten really interesting given this injury and the Durant injury. The same question could be asked about Durant's MVP candidacy, right?

Is it still taboo to wonder about Embiid's long term health since he has now played 31 games with limited minutes within those games over a three year period?
Old 03-01-2017, 07:36 PM   #487
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah, even assuming the Sixers are "playing it safe" (aka tanking) re: the rest of the season thing, it's not exactly promising as far as his long-term projections go, IMO... I would be nervous if I was planning my team around him at this stage.

Outside of Embiid, if Saric continues like he has been lately I could see him taking it, or maybe Buddy... Brogdon an outside shot, too, but yeah, it's been a pretty dreadful class so far.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:26 PM   #488
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Even with the Warriors looking great I haven't had much time to pay attention to much else around the league. That being said, is there really a chance that Westbrook doesn't win MVP? He's leading the league in scoring and averaging a triple double.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #489
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

I think the consensus right now is Harden as MVP.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #490
Groundhog
Coordinator

Sixers maybe should've kept Noel over Okafor...

Last edited by Groundhog : 03-01-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #491
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Even with the Warriors looking great I haven't had much time to pay attention to much else around the league. That being said, is there really a chance that Westbrook doesn't win MVP? He's leading the league in scoring and averaging a triple double.

Yup, Gotta be Westbrook.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:00 PM   #492
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Pelicans with Boogie = 0-3.
Pelicans without Boogie = 1-0.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:39 PM   #493
korme
Go Reds

Harden will win MVP
Old 03-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #494
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sixers maybe should've kept Noel over Okafor...

What on earth is he doing out there? He looks stunned or something, just rotating around in a circle while everyone else plays basketball. Good grief.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:22 PM   #495
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I will say that this story does make my previous wondering about the role(s) of the other siblings seem not at all misplaced.

Los Angeles Lakers Jeanie Buss thwarts coup attempy of brothers Johnny Buss, Jim Buss
Old 03-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #496
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
What on earth is he doing out there? He looks stunned or something, just rotating around in a circle while everyone else plays basketball. Good grief.

House rules: No jumping?
Old 03-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #497
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Pt. II
is there really a chance that Westbrook doesn't win MVP? He's leading the league in scoring and averaging a triple double.

I think this largely depends on your philosophy. Over the years I've come to the conclusion that most people fit into one of two camps

** MVP should be given to the best player on a championship-caliber team. These people will basically say Westbrook can't be the MVP because he's not on an elite team; if he were really the MVP the Thunder would be better.

** MVP should go to the best player period, regardless of team success.

Even if you go with the second option(which I think is the only sensible one), there are counter-arguments to be made against Westbrook. For example, he's the least efficient scorer in the Top 22 players in the league by PER. His turnover rate is one of the highest among elite players. Etc. Harden is 2.5 points behind, has more assists and 2.5 less rebounds while scoring more efficiently on a much better team. Then you could throw someone like Kawhi into the mix and contemplate how much of an impact a 26 ppg guy who is considered by many to be the best on-ball defender in the league has compared to others who put up more gaudy assist/board numbers.

I think what both Westbrook and Harden have done this year is particularly amazing. Can't stand Harden personally, but if Houston keeps going I'd be hard pressed not to give him the award. I don't know that 10.1/10.6(assists/boards) is all that much more impressive to me than 11.8/8.0.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #498
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And Bogut breaks his leg roughly a minute into his Cavs debut.
WTF kinda crap luck is THAT?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-06-2017 at 08:56 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:56 PM   #499
Groundhog
Coordinator

There have been guys with worse injuries as far as their careers go, but few have had the consistent bad luck injury-wise as Bogut, considering the shear breadth of the different, unrelated injuries he's had.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:13 AM   #500
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Seriously. Poor guy :/
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote