Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Very addicting...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #453
BYU 14
Coordinator

Limbo does look like a fun little game, dark with some challenging obstacles.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #454
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I absolutely loved Limbo on the Xbox! One of the most simplistic yet addicting games I've ever played. I highly recommend it!
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #455
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

More Dead Island..

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... and/714858

Gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/to-ki ... and/714103

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/part- ... and/713980
Old 07-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #456
thesloppy
Pro Starter

anyone playing Realm of the Mad God?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #457
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

I HAVE SLAIN THE EVIL RED CHICKEN GOD!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #458
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I think I'm in the Realm of the Carpal Tunnel
Old 07-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #459
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

I was just gonna start a thread on this after spending entirely too long leveling my wizard up to 8 or 9 last night, yeah. Fantastic little game.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #460
ColtCrazy
College Starter

For those with kids, the Cars 2 game is surprisingly good. It's also a bit of a challenge to unlock all the extra cars. My son and I have really enjoyed it so far.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #461
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Oh the games keep piling up! I can myself playing this for hours.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #462
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
For those with kids, the Cars 2 game is surprisingly good. It's also a bit of a challenge to unlock all the extra cars. My son and I have really enjoyed it so far.

We'll have to pick that one up. We played the heck out of the original Cars movie game, and yes I had a ton of fun unlocking everything for the kids to play with...
Old 07-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #463
dzilla77
High School Varsity

For those of you who are fans of the original Panzer General series, Slitherine Studios and Matrix Games have put out remake called Panzer Corp. It has updated graphics and more units than the original. It also has an all new campaign tree and multiplayer. The game is very solid out of the gate.

Check it out here.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #464
thesloppy
Pro Starter

They released the DLC for the earlier mentioned MLB Bobblehead Pros today. It is powerful weak.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #465
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I was looking to pick up a 360 or a ps3 and am surprised by how expensive the prices are considering how long the systems have been out. Time to go on dealnews or slickdeals and see if I can find something.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #466
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
I was looking to pick up a 360 or a ps3 and am surprised by how expensive the prices are considering how long the systems have been out. Time to go on dealnews or slickdeals and see if I can find something.

Amazon regularly has higher-end versions of both systems with a $100 gift card for $300. That's a pretty good deal.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #467
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Live action trailer for Deus Ex 3(no gameplay).

I'm still crushed by how much the second one sucked, I refuse to get my hopes up. Thus I doubt the game will be 1/4 as good as this trailer, but nonetheless the trailer is well done.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-22-2011 at 01:26 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #468
spleen1015
Coordinator

Star Wars: The Old Republic started pre-orders yesterday. If you pre-order, you get Early Access to the game.

Rumor is that the early you pre-order, the earlier you get access.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #469
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think it's a rumor any more. Been confirmed.

Star Wars: The Old Republic | News, Updates, Developer Blogs

Old 07-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #470
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just played the Bastion demo via xbox arcade, going to purchase it right now.

The game is beautiful and the narration as you play is freaking awesome.

Very addicting.. going to be up late tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TptJHeWngJs

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-22-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #471
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
For those of you who are fans of the original Panzer General series, Slitherine Studios and Matrix Games have put out remake called Panzer Corp. It has updated graphics and more units than the original. It also has an all new campaign tree and multiplayer. The game is very solid out of the gate.

Check it out here.

Awesome - loved this series back in the day. Thanks dzilla. Assume you have it - I don't see a demo...is it polished/playable? As enjoyable and addicting as PG used to be? Play as all sides I presume, or just Germany?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-22-2011 at 08:59 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #472
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'd buy a ton of Matrix games if they were reasonably priced. Everything seems to start at 39.99 and go up.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #473
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I'd buy a ton of Matrix games if they were reasonably priced. Everything seems to start at 39.99 and go up.

Yeah - that is a problem.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #474
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Same here.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #475
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Star Wars: The Old Republic started pre-orders yesterday. If you pre-order, you get Early Access to the game.

I haven't really been following this one. Is this supposed to be the next "big" mmo? I've been hearing about SWTOR for about three years now...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #476
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I haven't really been following this one. Is this supposed to be the next "big" mmo? I've been hearing about SWTOR for about three years now...

Yes. I think they announced it in 2008.

People are saying it is to WoW like, but in true Bioware fashion it is supposed to be more story driven.

It will probably be the first collectors edition game I buy ever. (mainly for the statue)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 07-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #477
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I think I'm going to sit on the sidelines for this one. I love the Star Wars universe, but in the words of someone famous "I got a bad feeling about this...". And $150 for the Collectors Edition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post

Check it out here.

I loved the Panzer General series, but $40 for a rewrite seems a bit steep. I'll wait to see a few more reviews.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #478
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am planning on replacing WoW with SW:TOR. Everything I am seeing so far makes the game look really awesome. That could change if the game turns out to suck, but it doesn't look like it right now.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #479
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am planning on replacing WoW with SW:TOR. Everything I am seeing so far makes the game look really awesome. That could change if the game turns out to suck, but it doesn't look like it right now.
I think the beginning subscriber numbers are gonna be through the roof. What are you seeing that sets this apart from any of the other games already out or coming soon (GW2) - besides the obvious Star Wars IP itself (which I think is the major driver at this point).

Last edited by tyketime : 07-23-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #480
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I think the beginning subscriber numbers are gonna be through the roof. What are you seeing that sets this apart from any of the other games already out or coming soon (GW2) - besides the obvious Star Wars IP itself (which I think is the major driver at this point).

Besides the IP itself I trust the developer more than anything. That is the big reason I will purchase this game without thinking twice on day one.

From Baulder's Gate 1 + 2,, to Neverwinter Nights, to Star Wars: The Old Republic, to Jade Empire, to Mass Effect 1+2, to Dragon Age 1 + 2, I trust this company to deliver at the very least great games. Some have been legendary and I have yet to play a game from them that I feel was truly terrible.

Until they deliver a true stinker and fail to learn from it they have my trust.

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-23-2011 at 11:56 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #481
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Besides the IP itself I trust the developer more than anything. That is the big reason I will purchase this game without thinking twice on day.

From Baulder's Gate 1 + 2,, to Neverwinter Nights, to Star Wars: The Old Republic, to Jade Empire, to Mass Effect 1+2, to Dragon Age 1 + 2, I trust this company to deliver at the very least great games. Some have been legendary and I have yet to play a game from them that I feel was truly terrible.

Until they deliver a true stinker and fail to learn from it they have my trust.

I felt this way about them until Dragon Age 2.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #482
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I liked Dragon Age 2. It wasn't as good as the first, wasn't the big step forward that we saw from "Mass Effect" to "Mass Effect 2" and had a few missteps, but overall I enjoyed it. I put a little over 70 hours into it and finished, so... totally got my money's worth.

I still trust BioWare.

That said, I don't play MMO's, so I will be sitting this one out.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #483
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
but in the words of someone famous "I got a bad feeling about this...". And $150 for the Collectors Edition?

The bust is the piece that adds the cost to it. Normally those are in the $40-$50 range.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #484
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Back when Star Wars Galaxies came out, I was still in the mindset of not liking the idea of playing a monthly fee to play a game. Then, I started playing WoW and that changed. So, I am really looking forward to playing a Star Wars MMO. That may be the biggest reason for me.

I also really like the time period that the game is set in. The setting for KOTOR was really good, I thought.

Another thing I like is the look of the game. They purposely didn't go for a realistic look to the game. I prefer the cartoony look to games most of the time. I am probably a minority, but I prefer WoW graphics over Rift graphics.

With those reasons and the desire to play something else since WoW has gotten boring for me, I am ready to make a switch. I am hoping SW:TOR holds my interest for a long time like WoW has.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #485
spleen1015
Coordinator

Here is a thread over at MMO Champion that gives a good overview of what you'll find with the game.

SWTOR information gathered thus far from various sources

They are having beta weekends starting in September. Hopefully I can get into one of those and play the Sith side and see how the game is.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #486
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

To my knowledge, the CE was sold out yesterday. Yep, those servers are going to get hammered.

EDIT: It does look like I was able to start the process of ordering the CE, but I didn't actually get to the store level.

Last edited by Matthean : 07-23-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #487
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

DA 2 did leave a bad taste in my mouth but compared to Two Worlds 1 + 2, Risen, Too Human, Nier, and pretty much every other modern day contemporary it has save just a few, I think it ultimately was a good game(and truly a case of them setting the bar so high with DA 1 that it would have been near impossible to reach it). Will I play it again and again like I did DA 1? No. Am I glad I played it once? Yes.

Plus I have to feel they learned from it already since they pushed ME 3 back after they had already invested some advertising resources into its release this year.

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-23-2011 at 11:57 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #488
rowech
Pro Starter

Is there a game out there anywhere that is a simulation of the colonization period? In particular one that allows you to develop new settlements, fight naval warfare ships against ships, etc.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #489
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Is there a game out there anywhere that is a simulation of the colonization period? In particular one that allows you to develop new settlements, fight naval warfare ships against ships, etc.

http://www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=21
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #490
mckerney
Coordinator

FreeCol - Home
Old 07-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #491
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Is anyone out there playing Magicka? A friend bought it for me as a gift and I finally got around to giving it a look over the weekend. Very neat game and a completely different take on casting spells than I have seen in any other game. Basically you come up with combinations of eight different magical elements to create your own spells. So instead of hitting the "fireball" button, you have to combine earth and fire to create a fireball. Lightning and Shield create a 180-degree arc of lightning in front of your character that mobs have to walk through to get to you. Some of the combinations get pretty large (five elements in combination in a specific order will summon a meteor shower). Experimentation is a lot of fun in this game.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #492
SackAttack
Head Coach

So I was playing MLB 10 last night in franchise mode, and a player got injured for 3 months. I put him on the 60-day DL, and the game told me I needed to release a player if I wanted to sign a new one.

Only problem was, I had 24 men on the active roster, 39 men on the 40-man roster, so I should've been fine. Is this a case of 'need to advance a day,' or just a bug they never bothered to fix? If the latter, did MLB 11 ever fix that?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #493
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Unfortunately my gaming ADD has kicked in again. I know I'm late to the party with either one, but should I start to play Starcraft2 or League of Legends? Which do you think, and a few words why would be appreciated. I would be interested in the online component to Starcraft. And LoL is online only. Anyone here a big fan of one versus the other? Thanks...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #494
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I still think SC2 multi is anazing just a great accomplishment. Even though I suck. And its almost as much fun to watch game casts as it is to actually play.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #495
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I still think SC2 multi is anazing just a great accomplishment. Even though I suck. And its almost as much fun to watch game casts as it is to actually play.

I've been watching TotalBiscuit's commentary, and I've discovered Day9 & HuskyStarcraft. They do make the games very interesting to watch.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #496
Radii
Head Coach

I'm a big fan of league of legends. I don't want to build buildings, collect resources, pump out units, and try to micromanage all of that at once. I want to control my champion, the end.

The whole moba genre has a huge learning curve so if you never played dota be prepared to get destroyed... a lot... as you figure things out. You can learn the mechanics in games against mindless bots, and there is a "co-op vs AI" environment that will take you a little further.

You can try out LoL completely for free, you'll have access to a "rotation" of free champions, where about 10 are available per week to mess with. For the cost of Starcraft you could if you liked it buy a couple Champion Bundles and have access to a ton of them permanently, or take it slow and just enjoy the free ones each week and start buying some w/ the in game currency.

If you try it out, shoot me a PM, I play pretty much every day and would be happy to play some bot games with you/answer questions/offer pointers/whatever.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #497
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

That's great Radii. I appreciate the gesture. I would be new to the whole genre so I expect to get smoked early & often. Just saw an article that LoL had 15M subscribers and a ton on concurrently. I did watch a couple of commentaries.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #498
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post

It's the same for me, I really like watching it but I'm terrible at it. I am at the point where I can open with a decent 4 Gate, but if that fails I'm completely fucked. I don't think it helps that i tested into Silver.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 AM   #499
Atocep
Coordinator

Apparently Nintendo is actually a bit scared that no one is buying the 3DS with the Vita a few months away.

The 3DS is getting a 30% price drop to $170 on August 12th. Those that bought a 3DS before then are getting 10 free NES virtual console games along with 10 free GBA virtual console games.

The DS outsold the 3DS 2 to 1 over the last quarter worldwide.

Nintendo 3DS Gets Sudden, Massive Price Drop

Last edited by Atocep : 07-28-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:38 AM   #500
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Apparently Nintendo is actually a bit scared that no one is buying the 3DS with the Vita a few months away.

The 3DS is getting a 30% price drop to $170 on August 12th. Those that bought a 3DS before then are getting 10 free NES virtual console games along with 10 free GBA virtual console games.

The DS outsold the 3DS 2 to 1 over the last quarter worldwide.

Nintendo 3DS Gets Sudden, Massive Price Drop

Nintendo is right to be worried. Starting the 3DS out at $250 was a silly idea and not in line with Nintendo's current strategy of trying to be the affordable option. That's not how they have been dominant this generation

Announcements yesterday were nice, tho:
-GBA and NES shop coming to 3DS
-A bunch of free virtual console games (20) for 3DS early adopters so they're not totally screwed by the price cut
-Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Star Fox, and Kid Icarus all confirmed for Christmas this year (unfortunately, with those first 2, I worry about quality since we haven't heard much about the development of them so I'm concerned that they'll be rushed)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-28-2011 at 05:38 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote