Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #451
aston217
College Prospect

It's possible that player age doesn't really matter, or Jim just didn't see fit to include it in the interface. I'd like it too, because I'd like to see it -- but there's a long, long list of other long standing tinkers I'd like to see before the birthday thing :-)

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #452
Front Office Midget
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
actually i'm part accountant so it's fair to say i'm half decent with numbers. It's just too bad to need to work it out in my head for every player. But to take the put down route, well yes that's one way to avoid a real answer.

Heh, yeah... it would be good to for it to be readily apparent.

I've heard that age isn't as important in the game as it is in real life though... experience tends to matter more.
Front Office Midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #453
molson
General Manager

So it appears during the late free agency stage you can any any undrafted rookie by offering $10k more than the default undrafted rookie amount. Some of these guys have scouted potential ratings in the 50s before training camp. Trying to decide if I should add that to my house rules, not to do that. One the one hand, everybody had a shot at them in the draft, and a lot of them will probably have lower visible ratings by the the 2nd week of pre-season, and even more of them will never reach their potential. But if the AI NEVER offers more the default amount, then it feels like I shouldn't either. I wonder how those rookies make the decision who to sign with when they have 4 or 5 teams offering that default.

Last edited by molson : 08-12-2014 at 03:49 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #454
sencha
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
So it appears during the late free agency stage you can any any undrafted rookie by offering $10k more than the default undrafted rookie amount. Some of these guys have scouted potential ratings in the 50s before training camp. Trying to decide if I should add that to my house rules, not to do that. One the one hand, everybody had a shot at them in the draft, and a lot of them will probably have lower visible ratings by the the 2nd week of pre-season, and even more of them will never reach their potential. But if the AI NEVER offers more the default amount, then it feels like I shouldn't either. I wonder how those rookies make the decision who to sign with when they have 4 or 5 teams offering that default.
actually i had AI controlled teams that offered more... not much though and they never offer two years contracts (what i always do...)
sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #455
gstelmack
Pro Starter

They may be 50 potential now, but what are they in 4 years?
Old 08-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #456
Dutch
"Dutch"

I think the vast majority, if not all UDFA in real life get minimum wage if they make the team...there shouldn't even be an option to bump up their salary in FA2 and let the other attributes that Jim's built into the game come into play when the UDFA decides where to play. Play4Winner, Hometown closeness, and even chemistry matches.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #457
aston217
College Prospect

I agree with Dutch.

I'm finding that the game is very, very inaccurate about the cap consequences of releasing signed veterans. It keeps telling me the move will actually reduce my cap. But to the contrary, my cap goes up.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #458
Pyser
Pro Rookie

jim, please change the way you set time in training camp. changing the times things start is tedious and really annoying when you want to adjust the last event of the day. would be MUCH easier to just be able to set how long we want each event to last, (meaning make the duration the adjustable window we can type in, not the time of day it starts)
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #459
corbes
College Benchwarmer

I've got a stadium in FOFL that I can't renovate. It's already got 20,400 club seats, but the game tells me I can't have more than 19,900. Any attempt to renovate generates the game's equivalent of pouring green slime on me. (i.e. error message not a crash) I suspect this is some kind of carryover issue from FOF2K7?
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:11 AM   #460
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbes View Post
I've got a stadium in FOFL that I can't renovate. It's already got 20,400 club seats, but the game tells me I can't have more than 19,900. Any attempt to renovate generates the game's equivalent of pouring green slime on me. (i.e. error message not a crash) I suspect this is some kind of carryover issue from FOF2K7?
The FOFL has a history of some stadium issues, very likely due to data corruption. Sounds like another instance of that and not a conversion issue.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #461
cuervo72
Head Coach

Crap, I'd forgotten about that. It was a while ago when that first popped up, wasn't it?

I really wish you could, you know, just edit stadiums as the Commissioner. Along with cities, support, etc. Like you might with OOTP. But we can't because reasons I guess. Maybe it would open a black hole in a fake universe or something. (One somewhere besides Sleepy Hollow.)
Old 01-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #462
cuervo72
Head Coach

Heh. That stadium went to 20,400 in FOFL-2034, fwiw. A LONG time ago.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:27 PM   #463
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Spinal Tap - "These go to eleven...." - YouTube
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:29 AM   #464
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I wonder if the suggestion here (IRT "Sweat Socks" popularity awards) is that these teams (presumably with high popularity players) get financial benefit/increased seat purchases. That sounds like what's going on there and that's a nice additional bonus for those who pay attention and do all those "million little things".

After further review, this doesn't look like an appreciable bump. I went out of my way last season to bring in some "high popularity" roster-filler and got my team to #1 in league-popularity...same amount of fans showed up. Other factors come in to play though, but this won't noticeably shift the overall attendance.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote