Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #451
BishopMVP
Coordinator

So, allegedly Vanderdoes, Fitts, Sebastian Larue, Deon Hollins and an-Texas TE commit will be visiting ND this Saturday... I wouldn't put us as the favorite for any one, but law of averages indicates we'll probably get at least one to flip.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #452
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
So, allegedly Vanderdoes, Fitts, Sebastian Larue, Deon Hollins and an-Texas TE commit will be visiting ND this Saturday... I wouldn't put us as the favorite for any one, but law of averages indicates we'll probably get at least one to flip.

Technically, four of those five are decommits already, so they wouldn't be flips. The one who is committed, though (Hollins to UCLA), us UCLA fans have always been a little worried about, because he committed to UCLA sight unseen and always maintained he would take other visits (which he has). His father has always been very pro UCLA, though, in his online comments and apparently has said something along the lines of you're only worth your word, and that his son will stick with UCLA. We'll see about that.

As for the others, I don't think you're going to get Fitts out of LA, with how close he is to his family and him being a SoCal kid travelling to South Bend on a very cold weekend. Larue is also SoCal, but you have more of a chance with him because he has been pretty wide open. Vanderdoes is from the Sierra foothills in NorCal, so snow shouldn't bug him (although I still don't think you'll get him). I'm not familair with the Texas TE you're talking about.

It should be an interesting weekend at least.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #453
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Durham Smythe is the ex-Texas TE. Stanford is probably the current leader. (Maybe "complete flipping" is a better term than just "Flip", but I just found it notable that 4 of the 5 were/are committed to high-profile schools, and the other was supposedly always a huge USC lean.)

Last edited by BishopMVP : 01-23-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #454
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Durham Smythe is the ex-Texas TE. Stanford is probably the current leader. (Maybe "complete flipping" is a better term than just "Flip", but I just found it notable that 4 of the 5 were/are committed to high-profile schools, and the other was supposedly always a huge USC lean.)

Actually, Fitts, Vanderdoes and Larue were all once fully committed to USC.

Now it's my guess none of them go there. Vanderdoes still might.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #455
MrBug708
Head Coach

Tahaan Goodman to UCLA
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #456
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hearing, Larue won't be visiting ND this weekend. Hearing that A&M feels good about him.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #457
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Hearing, Larue won't be visiting ND this weekend. Hearing that A&M feels good about him.

I hadn't heard yet about him not going to Notre Dame, but you're right, Texas A&M is the school I am hearing for him.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #458
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Tahaan Goodman to UCLA

Willis soon to follow...btw, I assume that was you with the mrbug708 posting on a tigerdroppings recruiting thread earlier. You're a brave man...I'm an LSU fan and I don't even post there (though I lurk all the time)
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #459
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschex View Post
Willis soon to follow...btw, I assume that was you with the mrbug708 posting on a tigerdroppings recruiting thread earlier. You're a brave man...I'm an LSU fan and I don't even post there (though I lurk all the time)

Heh... what did Bug say? Did he antagonize?

I think sometimes UCLA fans on Scout don't know where the real line is, because usually we're invading USC sites, and they all ban us just for signing up with "ucla" or "bruin" anywhere in our profile names.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #460
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heh... what did Bug say? Did he antagonize?

I think sometimes UCLA fans on Scout don't know where the real line is, because usually we're invading USC sites, and they all ban us just for signing up with "ucla" or "bruin" anywhere in our profile names.

Nope, it seemed pretty reasonable, I just recognized the handle. TD is a fascinating melting pot for college football fans, as they have some of the most lenient mods towards "opposing" (non-LSU) fans that you'll ever find. The Recruiting Board regulars there are pretty good about policing the crazies (typically dumb LSU fans)
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #461
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm pretty tame. Did get banned on ASUs site for the lamest reason
Old 01-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #462
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Kearsely to BYU and hopefully an end to the hat curse
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #463
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

5* CB Priest Willis to UCLA, making a whole starting defensive backfield of Top 100 recruits committing to the school since Saturday.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-23-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #464
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
5* CB Priest Willis to UCLA, making a whole starting defensive backfield of Top 100 recruits committing to the school since Saturday.
All these guys to UCLA ought to cement Patrick Enewally to Washington. That's a helluva DB class the Bruins have going...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #465
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
I swear I'm not trying to immediately downplay if true, but he's the one I care least about in the group. We (oh shit, I used WE) do already have 4 WR's for this class. People on message boards were saying we would take a 5th because Torii Hunter Jr. broke his fibula, but last I checked those injuries only take a few months to heal and he'd probably be back by fall camp... plus our WR's were the one position group that looked respectable in the BCS game and they're all back, so it's not like we'll need to rely on any freshmen contributing immediately.

CR - I was going back and forth between saying 4 of 5 and all 5 were previously committed. Couldn't remember if Vanderdoes was ever official to USC.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #466
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Johnny Ragin III just decommitted from BYU and commits to CAL, he announced via twitter...
Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #467
Brownkeg8
Mascot

Quote:
I swear I'm not trying to immediately downplay if true, but he's the one I care least about in the group. We (oh shit, I used WE) do already have 4 WR's for this class. People on message boards were saying we would take a 5th because Torii Hunter Jr. broke his fibula, but last I checked those injuries only take a few months to heal and he'd probably be back by fall camp... plus our WR's were the one position group that looked respectable in the BCS game and they're all back, so it's not like we'll need to rely on any freshmen contributing immediately.

CR - I was going back and forth between saying 4 of 5 and all 5 were previously committed. Couldn't remember if Vanderdoes was ever official to USC.

Fibula break was very serious

Torii Hunter Jr., Notre Dame Fighting Irish commit, out 6-8 months with broken femur - ESPN
Brownkeg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #468
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownkeg8 View Post
6-8 months from Jan 3rd... last year fall camp started Aug 4th, a.k.a. 7 months after that date. But more importantly, we shouldn't need any freshmen WR to contribute, and have 3 more relatively as respected as Hunter committed - it wasn't like he was being counted on as a savior.

Vanderdoes is the real prize, and Hollins would be a nice piece to somewhat replace Anzalone.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #469
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Willis is legit, watched film of him from two games this past season, big physical kid who can play corner or safety at the next level. Good pick up.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #470
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Vanderdoes is the real prize, and Hollins would be a nice piece to somewhat replace Anzalone.

Weather couldnt be better! Plus it's going to rain this weekend here in LA after being a nice 85 the previous one
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #471
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Texas picked up Rami Hammad, a former Baylor commit. He's a big OL, 6'5" 320. Texas has a small class this year, but they are loading up on offensive linemen. With the stable of running backs they have, it should be interesting to see how this turns out.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #472
MrBug708
Head Coach

Chief, you going to go to the BRO bash on SD
Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #473
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Great piece: Mark Emmert, NCAA should embrace changes following Miami blunder - College Football - Andy Staples - SI.com
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #474
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, you going to go to the BRO bash on SD

I would like to, actually. But not sure if I will be able to. I would need to get off of work early to have a chance to make it. I have been putting off the decision,s o I'll probably thnik about it tonight and see what I can do with work tomorrow. Are you planning to go?

Old 01-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #475
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm gonna head down. You are slighty further than I am from Westwood. Wish we have better public transit around here haha
Old 01-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #476
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownkeg8 View Post

A friend of mine who works at his high school said they've been talking a lot about him redshirting his first year because of the break. No clue how in the loop they are.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #477
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Weather couldnt be better! Plus it's going to rain this weekend here in LA after being a nice 85 the previous one
We all know where UCLA has the weather, ND has the crazy parents in our corner... we'll have to see which one wins out!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #478
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
USC has Pat Haden out recruiting for them. He was at Eddie Vanderdoes' sister's basketball game, sitting with the family.

It was also known that Eddie was going to visit UCLA unofficially after his OV to USC and since he wasn't flying in, would be able to do that. USC sent a car to drive them from Auburn, Ca to USC. 422 miles.

USC is also hemorrhaging recruits right now.

Quote:
And possibly 1 lone player on the OL/DL, depending on if UW flips Falah and Bigelow doesn't get his eligibility sorted out

So much for the hemorrhaging... Hatcher recommitted to USC tonight and is done taking visits. Bigelow is expecteD to get clearance tomorrow for his early enrollment, but even if he doesn't, he will be at USC this year.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #479
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

And Clemson will steal the second ncsu recruit in a week now as Marcus Edmond wil flip to clemson.

Edmond is one of the top two or three pure corners in the state of sc...but the significance here will be felt next year.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #480
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
So much for the hemorrhaging... Hatcher recommitted to USC tonight and is done taking visits. Bigelow is expecteD to get clearance tomorrow for his early enrollment, but even if he doesn't, he will be at USC this year.

How can Bigelow get cleared for early enrollment when school started two weeks ago?

Are you getting Fitts and and Vanderdoes back? LaRue?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #481
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How can Bigelow get cleared for early enrollment when school started two weeks ago?

Are you getting Fitts and and Vanderdoes back? LaRue?

Last day to start is tomorrow. If he isn't cleared by then, he has to wait for the next semester.

Larue hasn't been wanted at USC for a few months. I doubt Fitts will end up at USC either. Not enough Seniors graduated so there wasn't the expected EE slot for him. Vamderdoes is a 50-50 chance I think.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #482
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Vamderdoes is a 50-50 chance I think.
You wish. He's probably no more than a 25% chance for USC right now.

Falah is 50/50 - there's a real chance Washington flips him.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #483
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ya. I dont count Special Ed out of anybody, but it would be a small surprise if Eddie V heads back to USC.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #484
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ya. I dont count Special Ed out of anybody, but it would be a small surprise if Eddie V heads back to USC.
FWIW, Biggins thinks he stays west, and the talk on ESPN of Alabama being the leaders is ridiculous in his opinion. He thinks USC made up ground during his OV, that UCLA has been doing really well since his OV there, and that UW is recruiting him the hardest.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #485
MrBug708
Head Coach

ESPN is terrible at West Coast recruiting. Rivals does well, they need more dedicated west coast staffing.

ESPN has Isaac Savineaa(Some long Hawaiian name) as a three star and the drop came after he performed poorly in a 7-7. I'm not sure what is worse, basing recruiting rankings on 7-7 camps or worrying about an MLB in a 7-7 whose main asset is stopping the run.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #486
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
ESPN is terrible at West Coast recruiting. Rivals does well, they need more dedicated west coast staffing.

ESPN has Isaac Savineaa(Some long Hawaiian name) as a three star and the drop came after he performed poorly in a 7-7. I'm not sure what is worse, basing recruiting rankings on 7-7 camps or worrying about an MLB in a 7-7 whose main asset is stopping the run.
Not to mention they have Myles Jack as only the 6th best prospect out of Washington this year.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #487
MrBug708
Head Coach

What? Are you telling me that Peyton Pelluer isn't better than Jack?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #488
MrBug708
Head Coach

I've never heard of Aaron Zwahlen but he's ranked top 15 in the state of California
Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #489
MrBug708
Head Coach

I should say Isaac's drop was from Rivals, not ESPN
Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #490
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Looks like Larue is now an Aggie. Man, 2/6 can't get here fast enough. If we can close with Isaac Savaiinaea . . . .
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #491
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
Looks like Larue is now an Aggie. Man, 2/6 can't get here fast enough. If we can close with Isaac Savaiinaea . . . .
Did A&M have a few guys in their small-ish (19) recruiting class not qualify last year, allowing them to count all 8 EE's against last year's class, or are they already adopting SEC-style over-signing?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #492
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Did A&M have a few guys in their small-ish (19) recruiting class not qualify last year, allowing them to count all 8 EE's against last year's class, or are they already adopting SEC-style over-signing?

Yes sir. Actually we have 9 already in that are going against the 2012 numbers. We've also got 2 commits that likely won't get in due to grades and are probably headed the juco route. Due to attrition last year, we actually played under the 85-man limit last year and it looks like that is being made up for this year
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #493
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bigelow was cleared for early enrollment and will be at USC starting this weekend.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #494
MrBug708
Head Coach

Must be nice to have a compliant admissions department.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #495
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

You can have 25 guys enroll early, provided you have 25 scholarships to give in January. You can apply EE's to either the class before or their current class
Old 01-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #496
cadmus2166
Mascot

5* RB Derrick Green to Michigan. Finally!! It seems like ages since we've had an elite RB recruit.
cadmus2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #497
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmus2166 View Post
5* RB Derrick Green to Michigan. Finally!! It seems like ages since we've had an elite RB recruit.

And Braylon Edwards will still be angry about his brother not getting an offer.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #498
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Excited about Ezekiel Elliott being at the Mizzou game today. Would love to see the Tigers pull him away from Ohio State. His parents are both Mizzou alumni.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #499
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Awesome!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #500
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Highest ranked since 2006. This is a huge fill of a need.