Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #451
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Part V: The Final Part?

Scouting
========
- Added strings to scout assignment completion news item to explain why the scout finishes his assignment quickly when he has excellent knowledge.
- Ensured scouts are more consistent with their assignment results with and without prior knowledge.
- Adjusted some the player role calculations contained within report cards.

Subscriptions
=============
- Only send agent retiring news for agents you are subscribed to or if you have player(s) belonging to that agent.
- Stopped manager being automatically subscribed to teams he has declared interest in.
- Fixed managers getting other managers' fans' confidence news in network games.
- Stopped other human managers getting spammed about transfer cancellations when another human resigns or retires.
- Fixed news item potentially being marked as Must Respond even though they are only subscription news items and don't require a response.

Team Meeting
============
- Team meeting suggestions are no longer made when the club doesn't have enough players to hold a meeting
- Toned down the player reactions in team meetings
- Fixed the strings when only one player reacted well or badly
- Stopped the user been able to have a team meeting about pre-season chances directly after the start of the season

Team Talks
==========
- Disabled half-time team talks from being available to players sent off in the first half
- Disabled "Undo Last" in tactics after a team talk is given as team talks cannot be undone
- Fixed some translations for talks aimed at individuals showing up in positional team talk menus when targeting multiple players
- Adjusted the effect of team talks on high reputation players when delivered by low reputation managers
- Adjusted text used for assistant suggestions when it is a 2nd leg match

Training
========
- Adjusted the workload settings used by assistant manager if in charge of match preparation.
- Adjusted the match preparation workload settings for youth teams.
- Reduced occurrences of coach progression update news from world class players already at the top of their game.
- Fixed some MLS players being set on part-time schedules when claimed from waiver draft.
- Prevented coaches from selecting players who have just recently recovered from long injuries for the training update news.
- Improved the setup of AI manager match preparation training.
- Adjusted learning new positions via training so players with many positions loose familiarity with old positions to prevent attribute drops.

Transfers
=========
- Fixed some issues stopping players going out on loan to feeder clubs.
- Fixed the transfer offer panel showing a blank offer when using 'change transfer bid' immediately after making the initial offer.
- Stopped transfers having too big an impact on minor club's reputation.
- Stopped board blocking signing of coaches when under allowed limit.
- Stopped lower division teams from targeting too many bosman signings that can't join the club immediately.
- Fixed an issue where some amateur contracted players couldn't be approached to sign.
- Encouraged players who fall foul of maximum style squad registration rules to be listed.
- Fixed an issue whereby a currently co-owned player that was bought outright and the playing rights weren't held by the purchasing team, wouldn't be removed from his previous club.
- Made some adjustments to make clubs with restricted 'B' clubs a bit more severe regarding trying to offload unwanted players.

UI
==
- Arrows on Transfer Clauses panel now match direction of money
- Fix row colouring on teams that qualify for next round in a league that splits
- Fixed a refresh issue when user changes the Bans section competition on a player profile screen.
- Fixed bug where player stats from previous seasons were showing up in unattached players profiles.
- Added tooltip to the lock in the contract neg.
- Fixed an issue with the offer to clubs panel for co-ownership deals
- Fixed Human contract offer issues
- Fixed MLS/A league contract types shown as "Full Time" instead of Senior etc.
- Issue with -1 positions on the continental competitions panel.
- Fixed Finances graph changes after navigating away then going in to Finances again
- Fixed issue with stat context not refreshing on the Player Search screen
- Aggregate wins/second leg matches now correctly indicate extra time/penalties in competition fixtures
- View scout reports action no longer available on loaned out players
- Scout action menu no longer available clubs affiliated with the human's team (human gets coach reports instead)
- Fixed player asking price not updating on transfer info panel
- Fixed competition rankings leaving out some positions
- Fixed issue with the contract wage being invalid when no contract type selected.
- Fixed bug in match screen where players would not become visible if the user used the match time slider after pausing the match with the players hidden.
- Fixed right clicking on a team on the fixture list and proposing a friendly will lead to the fixtures list getting corrupted
- Fixed lag present when tick boxes are used in Filters.
- Fixed report on player profile is misleading by only showing recommendation/potential ability instead of current ability
- Fixed changing the Squad Numbers screen's drop down menu leads to information disappearing
- Fixed Unable to manually assign a youth player a squad number.
- Fixed After removing the last "shout", the select instructions remain highlighted
- Fixed Player who does not have a biography displays two "Position" panels.
- Fixed Transfer info panel missing some information on player overview
- Fixed creating a note with a one off reminder doesn't store the note in the "Reminder" notes section
- Fixed Drag and drop does not function when placing a player in specific position in a list on set pieces panel
- Fixed Progress for achievement types in player profile achievements panel are misaligned
- Fixed "Contract" panel for free agents has hyperlink for "Contract" which won't do anything.
- Fixed "Contract" panel is present twice by default
- Fixed three of the available views all display the same information on national pool panel
- Fixed Team and Squad widgets go blank on continue on title bar
- Fixed Date not clear in Achievements subpanel
- Fixed After naming less than the available 7 substitutes, players will appear duplicated on the bench following substitution
- Fixed Nation flags not functioning as links
- Fixed Fixture details display incorrectly
- Fixed that on Nations' home page, sub-panels are repeated
- Fixed 'Assistant Reports' View on squad screen not available for B teams
- Fixed Selecting to propose a friendly with a team who is unavailable that day will initially show available days incorrectly
- Fixed editing the columns leads to the Arrange Friendly screen not functioning correctly
- Fixed Work around to add new manager during match day
- Fixed PKD Menu displaying incorrectly after user clears a saved team selection.
- Fixed arranging an international friendly cannot be selected in February
- Fixed International Friendly dates can be arranged which are not listed under available fixtures
- Fixed Unavailable International friendly dates not greyed out and can be selected
- League history graph and table now show years when teams were in inactive divisions.
- Fixed issue where Force Continue dropdown on Network Game Settings panel had duplicate items added to it.
- Fixed misleading squad status for co-owned players
- Fixed Set Transfer Status being allowed for co-owned players when viewing from the non-human club
- Recent Offers now updates properly when new offers are made.
- Fixed a problem where a processing dialog would appear if a user entered a chat message when his machine was waiting in a network game.
- If player is a part of a trial, draft or mills lottery day then convey this to the user on the contract offer screen
- Show the correct previous contract types in the contract offer screen for MLS / A-League special contracts
- Fixed Graphical inconsistency in edit categories drop down menu
- Fixed when you select to create a note via a game object's context menu, focus should be on the Title field
- Fixed Touchline menus appear when switching a match replay to TV View.
- Fixed Upcoming Fixtures missing on overview page following European Championship group stage draw
- Fixed No [Propose Friendly] menu on a Club/Nation screen
- Fixed Create Note icon not working on any Club screens.
- Fixed bug on tactics pitch during a match where the wrong kit would sometimes be used for a team.
- Add/Remove Leagues and set competition detail level panels now display confirmation dialog when leaving the panel
- Status icons for loaned out players now update properly when the user changes the players transfer listing status
- Made the board compensation string a little larger on the contract offer panel
- Stop the game from removing the player's wage from the total wage amount that counts towards the salary cap in the squad registration screen if the player is on a MLS Guaranteed Contract.
- Transfer information panel now considers the context team
- Player status icons now set the correct context team when clicked
- Fixed Substituting the Captain leads to the Captain icon disappearing and confusion over who is captain
- Fixed Player Instructions not refreshing until tick box ticked in Tactics Overview
- Fixed Captain and Vice-Captain listed in the Staff section of a club profile
- Fixed Profile of loan player often displays loan status incorrectly
- Fixed Navigating away from the Fixtures screen does not display the previously selected season upon returning
- Fixed Players are not positioned correctly on the pitch in the formations panel
- Fixed Virtual Player has blank Bans Competitions button on Dashboard panel
- Fixed Missing hyperlink to "Positions" sub-panel on the Attributes and Profile panel's Positions sub-panel
- Allow multiple stalled offers for incoming players
- Removed Clauses and Fees from a MLS internal transfer as they aren't supported
- Made the [Match] Continue button more obvious when leaving the Match screen
- Fixed "[%number#1]" appears when player has scored 1 International goal
- Fixed selecting a team's formation on the split view leads to the shirt colours turning black
- Fixed User taken to empty pitch if they Confirm/Cancel Tactic changes after highlight has ended
- Fixed Team Instructions for Playmaker, Target Man and Target Man Supply are unclear to the user
- Fixed Bans widget not displaying Global Ban
- Fixed Filters not working within Set Piece Creator
- Fixed No space appears between the formation and the words Tactical Changes Pending when playing in Split View
- Fixed Shirts in the formation widget/information box during a match are different sizes
- Fixed Season Stats should show goals conceded for goalkeepers
- Fixed Customised View in fixtures panel not remembered on Continue
- Fixed Reserves not showing when its filter checkbox is ticked
- Fixed Days to fixture no longer displayed in brackets
- Fixed Show player condition tick box is not disabled when viewing highlights of a previous match
- Fixed certain physical stats are missing in the attributes panel on the player profile screen in certain resolutions
- Fixed Order of Team Squads in Filters and Title bar contradict each other
- Fixed disappearing attributes
- Added advice history to staff profile
- Fixed person name colour not changing when scouted
- Fixed Boardroom Budget Adjustment glitch for Australian clubs
- Context actions cache is now cleared on Continue
- Fixed Text cut off in nation profile.
- Custom youth competitions now don't appear in 2 places in the World menu.
- Fixed referees stats page when no matches have been played
- Fixed remembering selected view in team history screen
- Fixed date format for retired staff (i.e. 1999-12 will now be 1999-2012)
- Fixed bug related to youth departures news item not showing the right info when link clicked
- Fixed code appearing in the conversation history comments when the conversation was instigated by an AI manager.
- Fixed a situation where the next match in the manager's profile screen was not being updated correctly.
- Don't show make available for U19s option for a player if the player is too old for the U19s.
- Player links in National match screens now link to the player with the correct team
- World ranking sort order no longer changes when using filters
- Player comparison now selects the most-recently viewed player
- National U21 staff now have a reports tab
- Fixed missing career stat labels in manager history
- Fixed an issue where sometimes a national best eleven would only display 8 players on the pitch.
- Improved error messages in some situations when a player cannot be sent out on loan to an affiliate.
- Fixed the international friendly instructions screen sometimes wrongly (dis)allowing the setting of instructions on some players the first time the screen is entered.
- The end date on the rules screen for leagues which use a split is now shown correctly.
- Fixed text overlap on competition stage panel.
- When backup tactics are added, the game will now try to keep players in the same positions as the starting tactic.
- Saving game progress bar now works correctly when using auto save.
- Players previous wage can now be viewed during MLS waiver draft
- Fixed scrolling layout issue in conversation history
- Added a search box to the search panel when no results are available
- Fixed Keep History after Retirement action
- Number of players in squad label on squad profiles now includes the correct number of virtual players for the team.
- Fixed some issues with the Qualification Places panel for Asia.
- Fixed issue with goalkeeper kits not using correct foreground colour in some situations.
- Fixed issue where player's playing history loses the division last played in when he signs for another team.
- Fixed issue where continent competitions panel doesn't show the last winners of leagues which are not currently active.
- Competition Detail Level now gets a scrollbar
- Fixed right-click issue with physio injury reports
- Squad selection actions now updated properly when selection is changed
- Fixed 0 appearing below U23 Olympics side in sender part of inbox panel.
- Fixed history for international U21/19/etc managers.
- Adjusted the appearance of the different arrows when "show recent attribute changes" is ticked, so even the smaller changes are indicated as evident in the training panel graphs.
- Fixed some issues with picking squad selections for B clubs.
- B team players can now be shown when picking European registrations.
- Scout reports due date now sorts correctly.
- Stopped retired players sometimes remaining on an agent’s client list.
- Fixed issue where opposition tactics aren't updated sometimes when viewing the Opposition Instructions formation panel.

Network Game
============
- Fixed when a client sends a message via manager chat it would cause other clients on the inbox screen to advance to the next news item.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #452
Icy
Pro Starter

Bah, they fixed nothing...

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #453
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just a reminder, as with all patches, you will have to go in and re-delete the lnc files in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\lnc\all

to restore the German National Team, etcetera.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #454
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Wow, what a patch. Is this normal for this series?

I've been running a short term career with Everton and I'm ready to start something different. Now seems like a decent time as I've gotten away from the style of play I'd like to play with.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #455
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Wow, what a patch. Is this normal for this series?
We try and actively support our products if thats what you mean? - if someone reports an issue to us then we'll try our utmost to ensure that its rectified if at all possible ... so please if you have any feedback contribute it to us in a constructive format, its incredibly useful
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #456
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

don't see my problem fixed *sad*
Old 12-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #457
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
don't see my problem fixed *sad*

Remind me - what was your problem, I can ask about it if you'd like ...
Old 12-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #458
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This one: Was logged for review but wasn't mentioned in fixes:

Sports Interactive Community
Old 12-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #459
path12
Coordinator

Have to say that there are more little sloppy things I notice in this version than I ever have before (have had most editions since 00/01).

Things like making a loan offer but when it is accepted it is now a transfer offer. Or having offers out with deadlines for response but no response even after that date. Also having pending offers not show up in the transfer center.

Nothing gamebreaking, but annoying. And not things I've noticed in the past. I imagine part of it is just the game getting bigger and doing more things that allows some little bugs to slip through.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #460
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Just finished my first season with Soluhull Moors in the Blue Square North, and finished in 1st place. I had a 6 game shutout streak at one point, crazy.

I have no idea how I will survive in the BSP, as I can barely field a team of part-time players with a $2,900 / week salary budget. Me and my 330 people per game average, I noticed there's a team in the BSP that's doing 5,000 / game. I'm very nervous.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #461
fortheglory
Mascot

What happens if you withdraw your players from a National Team? Qill they get upset? Will they care?
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #462
Qrusher14242
High School JV

i've seen a lot of guys get mad at me for that. Then they wont let me recall them next time
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #463
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New download of 40 MB at Steam. Any word what's in that?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #464
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Nothing Major:
-----------------------------
Football Manager 2012 v12.1.1 Changelist
-----------------------------

- Fixed biography-related crash when viewing the profile of some newgen players
- Fixed rare issue allowing Belgian clubs to enter two divisions
Old 12-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #465
fortheglory
Mascot

Here is a great guide I have found in helping me get going with Football Manager.

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/
Old 01-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #466
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay - Now I'm really getting fucking pissed off. I just replayed my last 7 months of the game where my history disappeared from a savegame before the history was gone...lo and behold I get to the offseason and the history disappears again!!!

No goddamn virus scan has been run on this laptop, and I've had the proper folders (all SI ones, all Steam ones) excluded from the virus scanner since it was installed anyways.

Really pissed off at the moment. Want to fucking break something. Guess my only remaining option is scrapping this savegame (where I've been phenomally successful and have built a great team) and starting over and crossing my fingers that whatever-the-fuck it is doesn't happen again.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-01-2012 at 10:22 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #467
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Okay - Now I'm really getting fucking pissed off. I just replayed my last 7 months of the game where my history disappeared from a savegame before the history was gone...lo and behold I get to the offseason and the history disappears again!!!

No goddamn virus scan has been run on this laptop, and I've had the proper folders (all SI ones, all Steam ones) excluded from the virus scanner since it was installed anyways.

Really pissed off at the moment. Want to fucking break something. Guess my only remaining option is scrapping this savegame (where I've been phenomally successful and have built a great team) and starting over and crossing my fingers that whatever-the-fuck it is doesn't happen again.

Best thing would be to send the savegame to Marc. I'm sure he'd have someone take a look at it. Might be something that needs to be addressed.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #468
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Best thing would be to send the savegame to Marc. I'm sure he'd have someone take a look at it. Might be something that needs to be addressed.

Yeah - I already uploaded the savegame onto the SI site.

The SI guy on the forum was like "oh it's probably cuz a virus-scanner messed it up...that happens if you scan while it's open."

Only thing is I checked and my virus-scanner excludes my entire Steam folder and my /SI folder in MyDocuments. I also don't store my savegames on my HD, I store them in my Dropbox folder.

I also don't run virus-scans while I'm playing for the precise reason that you would expect - system slowdown.

And in all my previous years I've never had a problem like this, so the odds of it happening now somehow magically related to my virus-scanner (which is the same one I've used for years) are like...miniscule.

Ah well...at least I'm only 2 years into game time. But still...that's 251 hours down the toilet, and the motivation to restart isn't there right at the moment, ya know?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #469
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Can you please explain what you mean by 'history dissappearing' (sorry for my ignorance but I want to be sure I know what you're meaning).

If it helps one of the reasons I'm asking (outside of wanting to assist you) is that the league history graph in my game stopped displaying over christmas - I'm in 2040 and don't really consider it 'vital' so have noted it down to kick the relevant person about once they're back from their Christmas break (I think most people will be back in the office later this week, although some are taking extended holiday where they've had to travel some way to get back home).

PS - In case you wondered I'm in 2040 and Eastbourne Boro are vying for the top of the Premiership, while waiting patiently for our board to finally finish the new stadium which has been 'coming' for blooming ages now .... and without which its rather difficult to complete my mission of world domination (put it this way I've 'self-restricted' myself to a 400k/week wage budget - top salary of 47k/week because if I pay any more than that out our club finances self destruct with our 18k stadium).
Old 01-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #470
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Can you please explain what you mean by 'history dissappearing' (sorry for my ignorance but I want to be sure I know what you're meaning).

If it helps one of the reasons I'm asking (outside of wanting to assist you) is that the league history graph in my game stopped displaying over christmas - I'm in 2040 and don't really consider it 'vital' so have noted it down to kick the relevant person about once they're back from their Christmas break (I think most people will be back in the office later this week, although some are taking extended holiday where they've had to travel some way to get back home).

PS - In case you wondered I'm in 2040 and Eastbourne Boro are vying for the top of the Premiership, while waiting patiently for our board to finally finish the new stadium which has been 'coming' for blooming ages now .... and without which its rather difficult to complete my mission of world domination (put it this way I've 'self-restricted' myself to a 400k/week wage budget - top salary of 47k/week because if I pay any more than that out our club finances self destruct with our 18k stadium).

Can do. 2040 - yikes!!

The history that's disappearing is the individual player's history for a given year. They're all being bundled into one year. So I've got say...Ibrahim Afellay.

His player history is all mucked up. There's an entry for 2010-2011 when he was with Barca, then it skips to 2013-2014. All of his appearances in 2011-2012 (for Barca) and 2012-2013 (for me) are gone. Not bundled under one of the years on either side, just gone. Poof. I have no idea how many goals/assists/average rating, etc. he ha in any of those years. So I basically have no way to judge how effective he has been as a player for me, and what his value is to me. In his bio it says that he joined me in August 2012, but has yet to make a single appearance (which is clearly not true).

The problem seems to have occurred with every player in the world.

I suppose it could be the old virus-scanner problem, but in all my years I've never had that happen, and like I said...I never run virus scans while playing. Now maybe somehow someway one did get run...I obviously can't like state with 100% certainty that didn't happen.

I was just hoping that going back to an older savegame would fix the issue, as I only noticed it happening with the changeover from the 2012-2013 to the 2013-2014 season, but it doesn't seem that reverting to the older savegame helped.

Just frustrated. Really loved the team I'd put together and the results I had achieved were amazing (emerging from the Group of Death in this last CL with Barca, and then meeting up with them again in the finals and beating them? Sure!)...now I feel like I sort of have to go back and restart the game and replay these seasons and try to bring in the exact same guys and achieve the same results in order for it to be "right" since the issue wasn't of my making. And that feels...like work? I dunno.

There's probably nothing you can do about it...it's just frustrating, ya know?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #471
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Can do. 2040 - yikes!!
As I've patiently explained to my wife its 'testing' .... I have to (cough) compare the PC games simulation to FMH's, which means I have to play both a lot .....

(there's a reason I joined SI - built in excuse for my addiction, its like an alcoholic being a wine taster )

Quote:
I suppose it could be the old virus-scanner problem, but in all my years I've never had that happen, and like I said...I never run virus scans while playing. Now maybe somehow someway one did get run...I obviously can't like state with 100% certainty that didn't happen.
Sorry to hear that - is a different thing to what I've had in mine (which is far more minor) ... the main issue with virus scans I've heard about is generally down to people having them scheduled at a specific time (mine kicks off at 2am, which isn't an issue normally - apart from during crunch when I'm regularly up and working at that point).

Quote:
I was just hoping that going back to an older savegame would fix the issue, as I only noticed it happening with the changeover from the 2012-2013 to the 2013-2014 season, but it doesn't seem that reverting to the older savegame helped.
If it appears its repeatable as an issue then PLEASE forward a save game onward as that will help us fix it (if its an in-game issue) - my email is [email protected].

Regardless I'm sorry to hear about the problem, I know how much it sucks to lose a save game once you're 'committed' to it (this happens to me sporadically every few seasons when I start a save on a 'beta' and we lose save game compatibility during the development progress).
Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #472
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quick assist needed. Have subbed all three subs in a game and player gets injured. Can't figure out how to remove injured player to continue play in the game. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #473
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As I've patiently explained to my wife its 'testing' .... I have to (cough) compare the PC games simulation to FMH's, which means I have to play both a lot .....

(there's a reason I joined SI - built in excuse for my addiction, its like an alcoholic being a wine taster )

Sorry to hear that - is a different thing to what I've had in mine (which is far more minor) ... the main issue with virus scans I've heard about is generally down to people having them scheduled at a specific time (mine kicks off at 2am, which isn't an issue normally - apart from during crunch when I'm regularly up and working at that point).

If it appears its repeatable as an issue then PLEASE forward a save game onward as that will help us fix it (if its an in-game issue) - my email is [email protected].

Regardless I'm sorry to hear about the problem, I know how much it sucks to lose a save game once you're 'committed' to it (this happens to me sporadically every few seasons when I start a save on a 'beta' and we lose save game compatibility during the development progress).

Yeah - I've uploaded savegames from both before and after the problem appears (although obviously in the one before it appears it's still a problem as my replay showed me) to the FTP server.

I too always have my virus-scanner set to kickoff at like 3am, which is how I'm 99.9% certain it couldn't have been a virus-scanner problem.

Ah well...like you said...just frustrating.

Guess I'll make note of the players that I managed to pick up and see if I can't get most of them once I restart.

Hopefully I can repeat my ridiculous success.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #474
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Quick assist needed. Have subbed all three subs in a game and player gets injured. Can't figure out how to remove injured player to continue play in the game. Thanks in advance.

He'll automatically be removed - just 'confirm' to continue and make sure you don't leave a big hole in the defense ...
Old 01-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #475
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

well heres a 1st for me, in all the years ive been playing Fm back to CM4, my team qualified for the European U-19 Champions cup. i never even heard of this and dont know how i got in it. my reserve team is in the group stage and i might not have even noticed if i didnt got to that squad to schedule friendlies to keep them fit.

i never even heard of that competition or how i qualified. i got to play those games myself, cause my u-19 players are great and ive won my own u-18 cup and group something like 4 years in a row. my u-19 CL group has Ajax, OL, and Legia in it

anyone here know how you qualify for this competition?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #476
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
well heres a 1st for me, in all the years ive been playing Fm back to CM4, my team qualified for the European U-19 Champions cup. i never even heard of this and dont know how i got in it. my reserve team is in the group stage and i might not have even noticed if i didnt got to that squad to schedule friendlies to keep them fit.

i never even heard of that competition or how i qualified. i got to play those games myself, cause my u-19 players are great and ive won my own u-18 cup and group something like 4 years in a row. my u-19 CL group has Ajax, OL, and Legia in it

anyone here know how you qualify for this competition?

I believe this is new for this year. And if I recall, the tournament is invite based on several factors (league position, team strength, first team standing, etc)
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #477
korme
Go Reds

n00b question

Can assistant managers or coaches become head coaches? I have a really good assistant manager and wonder if he's reached his coaching pique or if he can go off to a head job somewhere
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #478
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I'm still playing 2011 and have had my longest FM career ever. It's currently 2028. My goal was to eventually make it to the top of the manager Hall of Fame. I started at Germany's Unterhaching and got them into the Bundesliga and managed to win a German Cup there. I then took a job at Ajax where we've dominated the league with 8 straight titles and 4 Dutch cups. SL Fraser's tips have helped me in Europe too as we've won 3 Champions League titles. It's been my most successful career I've ever had and I've been playing this game since CM 96-97.

But I don't think I have a chance to get to the top. Pep Guardiola has been at Barca ever since the game started. Guardiola is three years older than me in the game and he got to spend time at Barca while I was building up Unterhaching. But since he got the job, Guardiola's managed to win La Liga 16 times. He's also won 6 Spanish Cups and 4 Champions League titles. Where has Real Madrid been in all this? They haven't won La Liga since 2021 and don't have a single Champions League trophy to their name. I'm disappointed that they haven't been more competitive. The only shot I get at Barca is in the Champions League. If Madrid ever come calling, I might have to take the job even though I don't like the team in real life. It might be my only chance to take down Guardiola. I can't see catching him unless he retires really soon.

In the midst of this success, I've also had my most embarrassing loss ever. The semifinals of the 2026 Dutch Cup resulted in the unusual draw of us playing Ajax 2, our reserve team. Ajax 2 is basically my third teamers. I needed to give my starting 11 a rest and gave my backups the start. We put a ton of shots on the 3rd team keeper, but couldn't put anything past him through 90 minutes and extra time. Of course, the game goes to penalties and we lose. Losing to my own third string...brutal. And of course, those guys went on to the final and lost.

Last edited by Ajaxab : 01-12-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #479
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
n00b question

Can assistant managers or coaches become head coaches? I have a really good assistant manager and wonder if he's reached his coaching pique or if he can go off to a head job somewhere

Yes, your assistant manager could be hired away from you to run another team.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #480
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes, your assistant manager could be hired away from you to run another team.

Or you could dump your existing assman (if the board allows it) and promote from within.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #481
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

On the subject of coaches: One minor irritant I've noticed when hiring staff...it'd be nice if the guy's default wage demands changed when I changed what role I wanted him for.

Example: Guy who's preferred role is youth coach, I go to offer him a job as a regular coach. His demands start at what he'd want as a youth coach. I'd like to be able to change the role dropdown and have his initial demands for that role immediately visible (seeing as the majority of the time they want quite a bit more money for a higher up role).
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #482
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Has anybody got a long term game going? If so, how has the dynamic league prestige played out? With this FM11 career, I've wondered if things like sponsorship moneys change in FM12 if a league's prestige changes. I know I can't pay 150,000/200,000 pounds per week wages playing in FM11 with Ajax because of the differences between the Premier League and Eredivisie, but I've wondered if a changing league prestige helps deal with that problem to a degree. Anyone know?

Last edited by Ajaxab : 01-13-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #483
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Just went through the tutorials on this and thinking about really digging in for the 1st time ever. Game looks great. All I can think about though, and it's probably been said thousands of times, is why can't there be an NFL game that matches this? Pretty much get al dente just thinking about it.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #484
fortheglory
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Just went through the tutorials on this and thinking about really digging in for the 1st time ever. Game looks great. All I can think about though, and it's probably been said thousands of times, is why can't there be an NFL game that matches this? Pretty much get al dente just thinking about it.

I too have had trouble really diving into to soccer. I really wish there were a Football equivelent.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #485
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I don't like soccer at all, but have bought the game every year. It's been getting more and more complicated and harder to do well in.

The good news is that the last two versions have been turning things around, and this version in particular is much much more soccer-noob friendly. I have used the advice of my coaches and implemented some new strategies, and have been much more successful. I'm well into my 2nd season which I'd rarely reach before, and still doing strong. This is definitely going to be my first multi-year dynasty of this game since the 90's.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #486
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
Has anybody got a long term game going? If so, how has the dynamic league prestige played out? With this FM11 career, I've wondered if things like sponsorship moneys change in FM12 if a league's prestige changes. I know I can't pay 150,000/200,000 pounds per week wages playing in FM11 with Ajax because of the differences between the Premier League and Eredivisie, but I've wondered if a changing league prestige helps deal with that problem to a degree. Anyone know?

i dunno to well. i think league rep helps with reputaion, not $$. but it might help with sponsors $$. but i dont think $$ from matches or league standing changes
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #487
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
i dunno to well. i think league rep helps with reputaion, not $$. but it might help with sponsors $$. but i dont think $$ from matches or league standing changes

Sponsor dollars seem to be key. Teams can pick up cash from European football, but I know that in my current game Barca makes 80 times more than we do at Ajax (yeah, 80 times more even though we're 4 time Champion's League winners). That makes it considerably easier to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds per week in wages.

Sadly, I think I may have come to a premature end of this career. My Ajax 2 squad made the Dutch Cup semifinals again and drew with my first team. The game was slated for a Wednesday. International games happened to be scheduled the day before. I had 18 of my first 22 playing on that Tuesday so when that Wednesday came, they were all traveling back to the club and couldn't play. I couldn't bring up any of my under-19s because they aren't eligible for the competition. So I can't advance the game. I only have 4 guys to play a semifinal against my third team players. I might just try to sign a team of free transfers for one game just to keep going, but I'm not sure if that will work and screw with my team's morale when I let them go after that one game.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #488
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Go on holiday for one day.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #489
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Sponsor dollars seem to be key. Teams can pick up cash from European football, but I know that in my current game Barca makes 80 times more than we do at Ajax (yeah, 80 times more even though we're 4 time Champion's League winners). That makes it considerably easier to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds per week in wages.

Sadly, I think I may have come to a premature end of this career. My Ajax 2 squad made the Dutch Cup semifinals again and drew with my first team. The game was slated for a Wednesday. International games happened to be scheduled the day before. I had 18 of my first 22 playing on that Tuesday so when that Wednesday came, they were all traveling back to the club and couldn't play. I couldn't bring up any of my under-19s because they aren't eligible for the competition. So I can't advance the game. I only have 4 guys to play a semifinal against my third team players. I might just try to sign a team of free transfers for one game just to keep going, but I'm not sure if that will work and screw with my team's morale when I let them go after that one game.

Ouch. That would piss me off. Though I think I would have moved on after winning the CL 4 times with the same team...
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #490
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Ouch. That would piss me off. Though I think I would have moved on after winning the CL 4 times with the same team...

Yeah, I've thought about that, but I wanted to beat Real Madrid's 9 titles all time. Ajax has the 3 from the 70s, one from '95 and my four. If I can figure out how to continue the game and manage a couple more Champions League wins, I'll look for another job.

I guess resigning right now would be a way to keep the game going, but we're in the Champions League semifinals and I don't want to give up another opportunity.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #491
Shepp
High School Varsity

I'm pretty sure if go on holiday past the match like SirFozzie said you will be able to continue. I if you don't want to do that I think the game will generate grayed out players to fill out the team if you don't have enough.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #492
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - go on holiday for the day and it'll fix itself.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #493
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm really impressed with your European success Ajaxab.

(Begin my talking about my game)So I'm in 2024 with my Man City game from 11. Career started bringing Charlton up from League 1 to premier at which point I let Man City poach me. I'm in my 9th season with Man City and have won the EPL 8 times and the FA Cup 7 times (finishing 2nd the other two). I just haven't been able to win it all in Europe. I've finished 2nd twice and made it to the semi-finals another 3 or 4 times. Last year was a particularly brutal season. I had a fantastic team, who'd only lost twice heading into my final two games, once in the first Champions knockout stage, once in the League Cup (when I was playing my 2nd & 3rd stringers). Of course I lose my final EPL game, to ruin my perfect season, and it was against Man U nonetheless, and also lose the Champions League final. (End my talking about my game)

So yeah despite having virtually unlimited resources (though I have imposed some house rules on myself) I can't come close to your success Ajaxab. I'm very impressed and hope the solution posted here works for you.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #494
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Go on holiday for one day.

Brilliant Foz! That worked perfectly. That option hadn't even crossed my mind.

Barkeep, I can only dream of having Man City's budget. I got my highest transfer budget yet this past offseason at 20 million pounds. So without that massive transfer cash, I've tried to follow SFraser's tips on youth systems and it has worked really well. It probably helps to have a Dutch league that allows me to import good players from abroad at a very early age without all the work permit issues you have in England. I also don't think I fully appreciated the power of mental attributes like determination and how much of a difference mentoring can make in developing young players. I can thank SFraser for that tip too. I don't think I'm a great tactician (I run an aggressive 4-3-3 home and away), but learning about how to find and develop good players has put my team in a position to succeed.

I've also been fortunate to have players who haven't asked out. This season has been the first year where my best striker has asked for a move and I've tried to promise him that the team will try to match his ambition (even if it's a bald-faced lie because we can't do anything more than we're doing). That seems to have worked as well.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #495
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I also don't think I fully appreciated the power of mental attributes like determination and how much of a difference mentoring can make in developing young players.
On a related note - bring quality young strikers through your youth setup and train them in PPM's which suit your playing style ... makes a huge difference imho.

My players are always 'Ambitious' I want players who will want to win things, generally I also look for determined players and those who like big games - I refuse to have players who 'don't like the big occassion' on my side, far too costly if they crack up when the pressure comes.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 01-17-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #496
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
On a related note - bring quality young strikers through your youth setup and train them in PPM's which suit your playing style ... makes a huge difference imho.

My players are always 'Ambitious' I want players who will want to win things, generally I also look for determined players and those who like big games - I refuse to have players who 'don't like the big occassion' on my side, far too costly if they crack up when the pressure comes.

Yes. I never take injury prone players either, no matter how much they might help in the short term.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #497
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Ditto. If they don't like big games they don't make it onto my squad. If their determination is < 15 then they don't make it onto my squad (I don't even care how good they are). I've also been known to favor high-composure in defenders and DMC's so that they don't get booked for stupid challenges.

And I refuse to take GK's who have weaknesses in anything except for distribution.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #498
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes. I never take injury prone players either, no matter how much they might help in the short term.

Injury-prone guys might be a way for you to turn a profit though - if you can showcase them and then sell them on before their injuries I mean.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #499
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
And I refuse to take GK's who have weaknesses in anything except for distribution.

Please NO - don't ever take a goalkeeper who can't distribute the ball .... thats vital imho.

If a goalkeeper can't distribute accurately then frequently goal kicks and suchlike will come straight back towards your team as the opposition intercept them or go out of play, in contrast if a keeper can distribute well and is intelligent enough he can often be the springboard to a fast counter attack (which is how my team plays).

(you can however get away with a poor distribution more if he's set to let the defense collect the ball as much as possible ... I just dislike that style myself)

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 01-17-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #500
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Please NO - don't ever take a goalkeeper who can't distribute the ball .... thats vital imho.

If a goalkeeper can't distribute accurately then frequently goal kicks and suchlike will come straight back towards your team as the opposition intercept them or go out of play, in contrast if a keeper can distribute well and is intelligent enough he can often be the springboard to a fast counter attack (which is how my team plays).

(you can however get away with a poor distribution more if he's set to let the defense collect the ball as much as possible ... I just dislike that style myself)

That's what I typically do - have the defense collect. And I'll only take a guy who is lacking at one thing...like say...the distance he can get on his clears...that's less important to me than say his reflexes or his positioning.