Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #451
miked
College Starter

Man, I was at the GT-BC game last night and almost fell asleep. The only thing keeping me up was the cold weather in the ATL. Choice was going nowhere, there were at least 10 attempts at the WR screen, and the secondary was worse than swiss cheese. I don't know what was worse, the UGA-SC game last week or the GT-BC game this week, in terms of Georgia offense. At the least the Dawgs have an excuse for boring vanilla gameplans, Stafford is a Soph. I think Blake Mitchell is a Junior or Senior. Just dreadful.

The refs were pretty crappy too. I still can't believe that bogus pass interference call.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #452
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

w00t! Hawaii is in the Top 19 of both polls. 18th in the Coaches and 19th in the AP.

Fire Ron Lee.

Last edited by TazFTW : 09-16-2007 at 04:34 PM.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #453
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I wonder if Bug or CR still want to extoll the virtues of the UCLA secondary?

I wasn't reading along with this yesterday, but honestly, this was the second shot by you without any UCLA presence in the thread for no reasons whatsoever. Show some class.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #454
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I wasn't reading along with this yesterday, but honestly, this was the second shot by you without any UCLA presence in the thread for no reasons whatsoever. Show some class.

You must be kidding, Matt. EF27 is one of the classier guys around and what does having or not having any UCLA presense have to do with UCLA's crappy defense?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #455
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
You must be kidding, Matt. EF27 is one of the classier guys around and what does having or not having any UCLA presense have to do with UCLA's crappy defense?

Bucc, this is in reference to an earlier discussion we had about the values of UCLA and USC's secondary.

Classy would be not kicking a team and its fans when they're down, don't you think?

UCLA presence in the thread doesn't have anything to do with the defense; it has to do with EF27's actions. At least if someone was bagging back at him, that would be one thing. A response would be understandable. But here's a guy who tags a team once, and then some 40 posts later, tags them again for no reason, unprovoked. First time, sure, a post like that is acceptable and understandable, particularly from a rival. But to lay it on like that, without provocation?

I'm sorry, Bucc, but your estimation and mine right now of EF27's classiness are at an immense divergence. That was pretty shitty. And I didn't even read the rest of the thread--who knows what else he said when the final score was in.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 09-16-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #456
Buccaneer
Head Coach

CR, you would never make it as a Michigan fan. LOL.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #457
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR, you would never make it as a Michigan fan. LOL.

Heh, I'm sure you're right.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #458
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Bucc, this is in reference to an earlier discussion we had about the values of UCLA and USC's secondary.

Classy would be not kicking a team and its fans when they're down, don't you think?

UCLA presence in the thread doesn't have anything to do with the defense; it has to do with EF27's actions. At least if someone was bagging back at him, that would be one thing. A response would be understandable. But here's a guy who tags a team once, and then some 40 posts later, tags them again for no reason, unprovoked. First time, sure, a post like that is acceptable and understandable, particularly from a rival. But to lay it on like that, without provocation?

I'm sorry, Bucc, but your estimation and mine right now of EF27's classiness are at an immense divergence. That was pretty shitty. And I didn't even read the rest of the thread--who knows what else he said when the final score was in.

Cry me a freaking river. You make it sound like EF bumped a thread from 2004.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #459
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, rather than bitching about EF's posts in this thread, the better response would be "who won last year bitch?"
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:28 PM   #460
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

ROFL. I have to wait until a UCLA fan is present to comment on asinine comments made by UCLA fans earlier in the year? Can you tell me what your schedule is so I can make sure that you are online before I comment? I heard plenty of shit when I went to USC from 92-96 when UCLA owned USC in sports and UCLA fans kicked us every chance they got. So, forgive me if I enjoy the turnaround in fortunes.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #461
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I've never hesitated to answer questions that UCLA fans have had about personal matters that they have asked me about via PM here on this board. If you are really going to question my classiness from a bit of gloating in this thread, so be it.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #462
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ROFL. I have to wait until a UCLA fan is present to comment on asinine comments made by UCLA fans earlier in the year? Can you tell me what your schedule is so I can make sure that you are online before I comment? I heard plenty of shit when I went to USC from 92-96 when UCLA owned USC in sports and UCLA fans kicked us every chance they got. So, forgive me if I enjoy the turnaround in fortunes.

Excuse your lack of class in whatever way you wish. That doesn't change what it is. I don't kick USC when it's down, and I never have. I have--normally--good natured rival ribbing when its USC versus UCLA, and when USC and UCLA fans are going at it, but I don't see that a rival is clearly having one of its worst days ever and then proceed to pile on.

I'm not talking about UCLA fans in 92-96. I'm talking about you in 2007. That doesn't excuse jerks then. What they did doesn't excuse you being a jerk now.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #463
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola -

I've never hesitated to answer questions that UCLA fans have had about personal matters that they have asked me about via PM here on this board. If you are really going to question my classiness from a bit of gloating in this thread, so be it.

That's to your credit. But once again you seem to be trying to justify your actions with what you do elsewhere and in other matters. By and large, I have thought of you as a good, upstanding person. Ripping us--which was really a direct rip on me and Bug--when our team is getting throttled is just shitty, and goes against everything you stood for up until now.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:37 PM   #464
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Yeah, rather than bitching about EF's posts in this thread, the better response would be "who won last year bitch?"

Wish I could, dawgfan. Reality is, yesterday's loss makes last year's amazing win meaningless. The gains we made that day have been completely undone by a bad bowl game after that, and then yesterday's debacle, perhaps the worst football loss in UCLA history, when taken in context with expectations, ranking and program momentum.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #465
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

LOL!! I'm sorry, but when the fans of a team make a claim on their team's strength, it's fair game to go after it when that "strength" is exposed badly. It doesn't matter what all the UCLA fans decided to hide from the College Football thread because they were getting whupped on. Other people read that thread either.

Rather than EF27 looking not classy, you end up looking like a crybaby, who can brag about his team, but not take it when people delight in the fact that your arguments were shown to be false.

I mean really... what kind of sports fan are you when you get pissed by something like that?!
Old 09-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #466
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Shrug. You both argued that UCLA's secondary was great and better than USC's. There was direct evidence yesterday that it wasn't great at all. I just pointed that out, when the evidence was fresh. I don't think I did anything wrong.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #467
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

the BCS could be freakin weird this year, imaging if michigan wins out and wins the big Ten, UCLA does the same (hey it could happen)

haha the BCS would be whack.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #468
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Since there is an UCLA presense, I can safely say that UCLA really sucks. So there.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #469
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Shrug. You both argued that UCLA's secondary was great and better than USC's. There was direct evidence yesterday that it wasn't great at all. I just pointed that out, when the evidence was fresh. I don't think I did anything wrong.

Nothing wrong the first time. I said that just a few posts above this. That's a normal and deserved response, given our earlier discussion.

It was the second time, just, what an hour later, when the Utah game was getting out of hand and no one at all had responded to your comment or said anything negative about USC, that showed your standard for behavior has fallen sharply.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #470
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

I had to look up the old debate. I think you're fine here.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #471
Logan
Head Coach

This is really one of the most pathetic bitchfests I've ever seen on this board. So much so that this feels right...

Last edited by Logan : 09-16-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #472
Buccaneer
Head Coach

CR, Squiddy is right. You are making us Western football fans look like emotional Southerners.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #473
st.cronin
General Manager

The Mountain West went 2-0 against the Pac 10 yesterday.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #474
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
LOL!! I'm sorry, but when the fans of a team make a claim on their team's strength, it's fair game to go after it when that "strength" is exposed badly. It doesn't matter what all the UCLA fans decided to hide from the College Football thread because they were getting whupped on. Other people read that thread either.

Rather than EF27 looking not classy, you end up looking like a crybaby, who can brag about his team, but not take it when people delight in the fact that your arguments were shown to be false.

I mean really... what kind of sports fan are you when you get pissed by something like that?!

Once again, I have no problem with EF calling us out on that. I have a problem with him coming at us twice about it, without any provocation and it was already clear just how badly the day was going for UCLA.

I only offered the UCLA presence as a possible acceptable reason for him doing that, and noting that wasn't what happened. And I didn't hide from that thread. I wasn't around at all.

You can look at me the way you want. I know what's right, and EF did wrong. The second I start caring what you think of me, I might as well shoot myself.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #475
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR, Squiddy is right. You are making us Western football fans look like emotional Southerners.

LOL!!

I'm tempted to bring up the thread calling out Urban Meyer... and then the resurrection of that thread a year later when he won the SEC... and then resurrected again after the national championship game (sans "provocation").

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 09-16-2007 at 05:49 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #476
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorry, Bucc. Feel free to remove yourself from any links to me as much as you want. I'm not backing down. It was a shitty thing to do.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #477
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Sorry, Bucc. Feel free to remove yourself from any links to me as much as you want. I'm not backing down. It was a shitty thing to do.

I won't remove myself from anything, you and I go back a ways. And same thing goes for EF27. You start whining about him acting like any normal football fan on a discussion forum and I won't back down from defending him. Besides, what he said was very, very tame compared to, say, 90% of most other football banter.

Last edited by Buccaneer : 09-16-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #478
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I won't remove myself from anything, you and I go back a ways. And same thing goes for EF27. You start whining about him acting like any normal football fan on a discussion forum and I won't back down from defending him. Besides, what he said was very, very tame compared to, say, 90% of most other football banter.

Well, it's not like I'm not prone to overreacting, I'll acknowledge that. But this was personal, about a disagreement he and I had. I think the timing was extremely poor. You think I am mad now? Imagine what I would have been like if I had seen that yesterday in the middle of the shellacking?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #479
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and thanks for not separating yourself, I do appreciate that. You're right, we go back quite a ways. And I completely understand backing EF for similar reasons.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #480
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Lighten Up, Francis
Old 09-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #481
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Looks like somebody's "Grizzled Veteran" title needs to be changed to
"Whiny bitch with sand in their vagina & a favorite team with a shitty secondary"

Come at you twice? Good Lord, me & SD (or GD or any of the other UGA fans here) wouldn't hesitate to come at each other over stuff from games 10 or 20 years ago. And if we can do it when the recipient is least expecting it then that's all the better. Hell, I don't even give two farts in a windstorm about UCLA but I may see if I can't find a group here to post something (that stadium scoreboard maybe) in every thread you post in for a few months in hopes that immersion therapy might be helpful.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #482
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Lighten Up, Francis

Word

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:02 PM   #483
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
"Whiny bitch with sand in their vagina & a favorite team with a shitty secondary"

Come at you twice? Good Lord, me & SD (or GD or any of the other UGA fans here) wouldn't hesitate to come at each other over stuff from games 10 or 20 years ago. And if we can do it when the recipient is least expecting it then that's all the better. Hell, I don't even give two farts in a windstorm about UCLA but I may see if I can't find a group here to post something (that stadium scoreboard maybe) in every thread you post in for a few months in hopes that immersion therapy might be helpful.

Mmmmm, warm and fuzzys.

knives out
Old 09-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #484
Buccaneer
Head Coach

or maybe a cantankerous Southerner.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #485
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
or maybe a cantankerous Southerner.

Try "bewildered" much moreso than cantankerous at this point.
CR has managed one of the strangest heel turns I've seen anyone pull here.

But I'm concerned that it may turn out to be X-Pac heat instead of the kind of heat that puts butts in seats.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #486
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Bring it on. I'll show you what this "whiny bitch" has underneath the hood.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #487
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lighten Up, Francis

I will when the Devils fill their arena.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:14 PM   #488
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Word

At least my squad hasn't gotten by on guys rejected from the LA area (Ebell, Palmer).
Old 09-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #489
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
At least my squad hasn't gotten by on guys rejected from the LA area (Ebell, Palmer).

Oh my! Are you talking trash about something that happened years ago?!?! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #490
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh my! Are you talking trash about something that happened years ago?!?! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, you want a fight, you got it.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #491
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

But at least you don't live in New Jersey.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #492
JeeberD
General Manager

I wasn't looking for a fight, I was just agreeing that you need to lighten up, and that you're in the wrong in your disagreement with EF27.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #493
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Rivals.com rankings for that class (QB's that were in the top 100 overall)

1) Matthew Stafford (UGA)
2) Mitch Mustain (Arkansas)
3) Tim Tebow (Florida)
4) Demetrius Jones (Notre Dame)
5) Jevan Snead (Texas)
6) Jake Locker (Washington)
7) Isiah Williams (Illinois)
8) Josh Freeman (Kansas State)
9) Jeremy Ricker (Maryland)
Top 10 QB's from that class according to Scout.com (not counting JC prospects):

1. Mitch Mustain
2. Matthew Stafford
3. Tim Tebow
4. Pat Devlin (Penn State)
5. Isiah Williams
6. Jevan Snead
7. Jake Locker
8. Alex Cate (Oklahoma State)
9. Zach Frazer (Notre Dame)
10. Neil Caudle (Auburn)
Old 09-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #494
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wasn't looking for a fight, I was just agreeing that you need to lighten up, and that you're in the wrong in your disagreement with EF27.

You step in the firestorm, you have to look to defend yourself. Sorry to break that to you. You're free to your opinion, so am I, as are everyone else here.

Everyone seems to want a piece because I took a stand against classlessness. Well, then, come on, bring it.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #495
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
No question about it and when rating the two QB's that'll certainly play into things. But Tebow has made some pretty damned impressive throws today and is every bit the runner Lockler is. He's fast and powerful. Both guys are a joy to watch.
I really can't say who's better at this point. Tebow obviously has a couple of advantages - he's playing with a much better supporting cast than Locker, and he played last season, giving him a big leg up in experience. But the numbers he's put up are incredibly good, especially passing.

Still, I'm damn happy to have Locker - he will probably turn out to be the single most important recruit Willingham ever signs at the UW.

Now, if we can only get him some good RB's and WR's to hand off and throw too...
Old 09-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #496
st.cronin
General Manager

Where did Jevan Snead end up? The SEC?

knives out
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #497
JeeberD
General Manager

He's at UT-Austin behind McCoy, isn't he? Or did he transfer?

Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #498
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Everyone seems to want a piece because I took a stand against classlessness. Well, then, come on, bring it.
Classless was the Duck mascot vs. the Houston Cougar. EF27 was at most slightly obnoxious.

I'm going to have to side with the view that you should lighten up on this one.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:27 PM   #499
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
You step in the firestorm, you have to look to defend yourself. Sorry to break that to you. You're free to your opinion, so am I, as are everyone else here.

Do yourself a favor. PM cartman and beg him to delete this entire thread.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:27 PM   #500
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

People will lose posts!!