Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #451
stevew
Hall Of Famer

100% sold on Dellevedova as a rotation guy too. Aussie b-ball looking strong. Totally outplaying Jarrett Jack. Jack can't even execute a 2 for 1 correctly as a year 7-8 vet.

"2 Shitty shots ALWAYS trump 1 great shot".

Last edited by stevew : 01-15-2014 at 07:58 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #452
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yah as I've said on fb, Dellavedova is a total surprise even to me. I knew he was good, but I had him figured as a strong Euroleague guy rather than NBA. Needs to get better defensively, but hey, so does everyone not named Deng.

Looking more and more like Jack was just in the perfect situation last year in Golden State.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:40 PM   #453
korme
Go Reds

This Denver/GSW game has been wildly entertaining. The contrasting styles of undersized PGs (Curry, Lawson/Nate) is awesome to watch as they go back-and-forth.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #454
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Crazy to me that they stopped going to Robinson for a while there. He was white hot.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #455
mckerney
Coordinator

I'm starting to think the Timberwolves might not be very good.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:11 AM   #456
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Good god what an ugly end for the Warriors. Great quarter and they just died at the end.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:15 AM   #457
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I'm starting to think the Timberwolves might not be very good.

Adelman is lost right now. He cant figure out how to get his rotation effective. Most good teams leave at least 1 starter on the court at all times.

Tonight he had the starters sitting 8 minutes in the 2nd quarter which allowed Sac-town a lead they never lost.

Kevin Martin and Rubio got benched for almost the entire 2nd half. Another thing that happens with poor teams. Once coaches lose control of their rotation it is usually a sign that coaches days are numbered.

Of course when Rubio isnt in the game Love doesnt dominate so at the end of the game it was Barea and Shved taking most of the shots.

I think Martin would be more effective coming off of the bench. Maybe he should consider starting Budinger moving Brewer to the #2 and give Martin 26-30 minutes per game off the bench.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-16-2014 at 12:23 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:36 AM   #458
RainMaker
General Manager

I want Kevin Love in Chicago!
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #459
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I want Kevin Love in Chicago!

Free Agent after next year I believe. I am guessing the Lakers are targeting him.

Doubtful he will have any desire to stay in Minnesota after they didnt even give him the max deal last time up. He seems frustrated with the organization.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #460
Logan
Head Coach

Nick Young Only Threw Punches at the European Players on the Phoenix Suns | The Big Lead
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #461
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
How very Kevin Garnett of him.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #462
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Most would have missed it late, but the Clips-Mavs game was something else. The Clips came back from being down 17 with four and a half minutes to play, and won 129-127. That's with no overtime.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #463
Desnudo
Coordinator

Sullinger with 25-20. I'm looking forward to a Rondo/Bradley/Sully + hopefully Top 5 pick next year.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #464
korme
Go Reds

The horrendous t-shirts have made their way to the ASG, with equally horrendous designs and colors:

Last edited by korme : 01-16-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #465
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The Nordiques are playing the Whalers?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-16-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Had Canucks instead of Whalers, but, really go with the older blue green rather than the newer blue green
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #466
nol
Banned

If the goal is to look like some random youth league jersey you'd find at a Goodwill, these are the best uniforms ever.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #467
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
Sullinger with 25-20. I'm looking forward to a Rondo/Bradley/Sully + hopefully Top 5 pick next year.

Not a huge Humphries fan but I am happy to see him getting some deserved PT as well. The guy seems to always produce yet no team wants to stick with him. I can think of many worse options at PF that are starting right now.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #468
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
I like them too, but let's be honest - there's a good chance Ainge is trading at least 1 of the young assets for a semi-established star. Ps, you know who had the last 25/20 game for the Celtics? Mark Blount during that 3 month 2004 contract run. (Btw, now in addition to rooting for Atlanta and Brooklyn to lose games we get to root for Philly to barely make the playoffs this year or next.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Not a huge Humphries fan but I am happy to see him getting some deserved PT as well. The guy seems to always produce yet no team wants to stick with him. I can think of many worse options at PF that are starting right now.
He's a case where you could actually argue the reality show has hurt him. He doesn't have a special skillset, but he's clearly a competent NBA 4 who rebounds and defends pretty well. Again though, his increase in playing time is more about showcasing him for a potential trade (has an expiring contract) than any real desire on our part to have him on the team in 2015.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 01-16-2014 at 03:25 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #469
Groundhog
Coordinator

Those All-Star jerseys... yuck.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #470
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'd at least think about getting one of those, there's no way I'd get a sleeveless jersey. I bet a lot of people feel this way, this sleeve trend is all about moving merch to non-athletes.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:06 PM   #471
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm under no illusions that Jordan Crawford is anything more than a complimentary player, but really what do you even potentially get with Joel Anthony, a 2nd round pick, and a protected 1st round pick? That's basically the basketball equivalent of "a bucket of balls."

With Rondo coming back that kind of move isn't going to help make your team worse to counteract that (then again IMO they should have shut Rondo down for the whole year anyways).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #472
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

These monstrosities are to jerseys what bowling shoes are to fine footwear.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #473
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Rockets scored 73 in the first half tonight but only managed to score 19 in the second half, and lose to OKC 104-92.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:53 PM   #474
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
These monstrosities are to jerseys what bowling shoes are to fine footwear.

Pfft. My bowling shoes are quite stylish.

But yes. These t-shirt jerseys are the worst.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:20 AM   #475
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Rockets scored 73 in the first half tonight but only managed to score 19 in the second half, and lose to OKC 104-92.

From the Rockets official Twitter

"First half = Godfather 1 & 2. Second half = Godfather 3."

edit to add:

From Elias: The Rockets scored a season-high 73 points in the 1st half, and a season-low 19 points in the 2nd half. That 54-point disparity is the largest by a team in a game in NBA history.

Also, from ESPN ... The Rockets shot 19.4% in the 2nd half (7-36)... It's their lowest FG pct in a half in at least the past 18 seasons (since the start of the 1996-97 season, as far back as we have play-by-play data from the NBA).

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-17-2014 at 12:21 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #476
Alf
Pro Starter

I guess the all star game is played in New-Orleans then
Old 01-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #477
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Kevin Durant is ridiculous. 54 points on 28 field goal attempts. Steph Curry with a casual 37 and 10 in the losing effort (still can't understand why Mark Jackson kept him on the bench so long). The Western Conference is so much better and more fun to watch.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #478
nol
Banned

Durant has expanded his game so much over the last couple years. He played excellent defense down the stretch last night matched up against Harden, and he still managed to get 6 assists tonight. It wouldn't surprise me if he's 2nd behind LeBron among all SFs for assists.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:19 AM   #479
whomario
Pro Starter

3rd, Batum is between them with 5.7.

But yeah, Durant has improved a ton in that area. Turnovers down as well.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:14 AM   #480
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Durant went beastmode on my warriors tonight. Okc fans should be grateful. Amazing player
Old 01-18-2014, 05:09 AM   #481
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dwyane Wade just turned 32. Kobe is 35. Both of these guys appear to be breaking down.

LeBron just turned 29. I wonder if he'll ever break down. IMO the over/under on all-nba seasons he'll have remaining after this year has gotta be like, 7-8, right?
Old 01-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #482
Desnudo
Coordinator

Depends on how much HGH he injects into his injuries
Old 01-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #483
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
If the goal is to look like some random youth league jersey you'd find at a Goodwill, these are the best uniforms ever.

From 1975
Old 01-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #484
whomario
Pro Starter

Holy shit

the Nuggets need to start Mozgov and play him 30+ minutes btw. It´s laughable that they continue to play Hickson over him.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 01-18-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #485
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'd at least think about getting one of those, there's no way I'd get a sleeveless jersey. I bet a lot of people feel this way, this sleeve trend is all about moving merch to non-athletes.

I agree with this. You don't see many non-athletes willing to wear the usual jersey. But while I'm up for wearing soccer jerseys, there's no way I'm wearing anything the NBA has put out so far.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #486
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

Holy shit

the Nuggets need to start Mozgov and play him 30+ minutes btw. It´s laughable that they continue to play Hickson over him.

lol Love the shot of the Cavs bench!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #487
nol
Banned

Ever since seeing that old footage of Bill Russell going coast to coast and jumping from almost the free throw line for a layup, I think Russell in today's game would be like Kenneth Faried physically with the passing of Kevin Love and the defensive intensity and basketball IQ of, well, Bill Russell.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #488
korme
Go Reds

Great Pacers game against the Clips to attend last night. That team is the real deal.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #489
Groundhog
Coordinator

What about Paul George's dunk vs Clips. Wow.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #490
whomario
Pro Starter

Kevin Durant is ridiculous, basically 40 ppg on 60% shooting over his last 8 games.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #491
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I love that Thibs is like 7-2 since his GM traded away his best dude. Easily the 2nd best coach in the league.

Mike Brown on the other hand...holy fuck. I'm about to declare fan free agency. Maybe I'll just start investing myself in the WNBA.

Last edited by stevew : 01-23-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:49 PM   #492
nol
Banned

Phoenix is playing nearly perfectly tonight and is up 20 early in the 4th on Indiana.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:22 AM   #493
whomario
Pro Starter

big win for the Suns, especially without Bledsoe. Goran Dragic is playing on All Star Level, really fun to watch as well.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #494
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Carmelo Anthony breaks MSG scoring record putting up 62 tonight against Bobcathornets
Old 01-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #495
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Carmelo Anthony breaks MSG scoring record putting up 62 tonight against Bobcathornets
Can anyone who watched explain why MKG only played 18 minutes? Even if he was getting torched, pulling him still means you've got to have like Gerald Henderson or Josh McRoberts try to cover Carmelo - somehow I don't think that's gonna work (and no surprise, it didn't.) Btw, I don't think that it's a good thing my first reaction upon looking at the box score was to be impressed that Carmelo took "only" 35 shots to get there. The 0 assists were no surprise.

Celtics figured out the key to stopping Durant - suck so much he feels comfortable taking the night off. I do think it's ridiculous that Stern fines Popovich for sitting players, and some of the blame has to go to the unnecessarily long schedule, but I would be pissed if I had tickets to that game. There's only so many times you can witness greatness like that in person.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #496
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think this LOLCats coach might be good so I'm not sure what happened there with MKG.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:37 PM   #497
Groundhog
Coordinator

Melo played like someone's MyPlayer in NBA 2K14. 62 points 12 rebounds 0 assists 0 steals 0 blocks.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #498
nol
Banned

No turnovers either!

This has been a really exciting night with a lot of down to the wire games. In the last one, the Kings (minus Rudy Gay and DeMarcus Cousins) somehow got a huge lead against the Pacers and are in the process of blowing it. Paul George sent the game into OT on a 4-point play with 15 seconds left (questionable foul call), and now the Pacers have things under control.

Last edited by nol : 01-24-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:44 AM   #499
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Melo played like someone's MyPlayer in NBA 2K14. 62 points 12 rebounds 0 assists 0 steals 0 blocks.

He was also playing into the 4th quarter in a 35 point game after playing the majority of the 1st half. I understand records are cool and all of that good stuff but Carmelo has played so many minutes this year and could have gotten a much needed "easy" game but nope he has to stay out there to get Benard Kings record.

I dont think many coaches, if any, would have left him out there.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:26 AM   #500
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think this LOLCats coach might be good so I'm not sure what happened there with MKG.
Yeah, I tend to like him, and he can coach defense. I'm assuming it was an injury to MKG, because ugly as it is, this is a battle between teams fighting for that 8th playoff spot, so it'd be a weird game to send a message with a benching.

Btw, don't look now, but the hottest team in the league at 9-1 in their last 10 is the Brooklyn Nets. Apparently they just needed more Andray Blatche and Mirza Teletovic all along.