Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #4951
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
CM Punk is expected to return at tomorrow night’s Raw in Chicago, Illinois, according to Dave Meltzer on today’s edition of Wrestling Observer Radio (listen here).

While Meltzer won’t say he’s 100% sure Punk will be at the show, his source, who he says is “one of the biggest stars in the industry,” said that it’s 100% certain.

Punk has been absent from WWE programming since the Raw following the Royal Rumble on Jan. 27. Meltzer reported Punk had legitimately left the event after telling Vince McMahon he was “going home.” By the following Wednesday, the official WWE website stopped advertising Punk for future events. The matter was publicly acknowledged by McMahon on Feb. 20 during a quarterly conference call to investors, with the the CEO replying to a query concerning his status: “He’s taking a sabbatical, let’s just put it that way.”

Read more: Report: CM Punk Expected To Return At Monday's WWE Raw In Chicago, Illinois | PWMania

This may be the only way left to save the WWE Title match for Mania. I love Punk, but I'm not a fan of whining your way to the title shot either. But when he's 100% into it, I don't know if there's a better all around talent in WWE.

I really wished I had gotten tickets for this tomorrow. I've been to previous RAWs in Chicago & the place goes nuts for him. If he shows up tomorrow the roof may literally blow off.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #4952
RainMaker
General Manager

They had to do it. The main event would be booed out of the building. And without CM Punk tomorrow night, Raw would be an utter disaster.

Only unfortunate thing is this leaked because CM Punk coming out as a surprise tomorrow night would have received one hell of a pop.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #4953
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
They had to do it. The main event would be booed out of the building. And without CM Punk tomorrow night, Raw would be an utter disaster.

Only unfortunate thing is this leaked because CM Punk coming out as a surprise tomorrow night would have received one hell of a pop.

Sure, but what happens now if he doesn't show up, since it's been leaked that he probably will be back, it could get ugly if he doesn't show up.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #4954
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

AJ Styles broke a kid's neck with his stupid finisher, the one he almost crippled Roderick Strong with

hxxp://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/miscnews/article10036109.shtml
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #4955
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Can someone explain the current WWE schedule to me? Figured now that I have the WWE Network I may try to get back into it.

You got RAW on Monday and Smackdown on Friday. They are both considered "A Shows," but I feel like RAW is the more important of the two. Then you have Superstars(I'm not even really sure when this airs), which is like the old B Shows. You miss it, you don't really miss much. I didn't watch the B shows back when I watched wrestling regularly, so I doubt I will go out of my way to check this out. What is NXT, when does it take place, and how does it fit in with the rest of the crap that is going on?

EDIT: And did I miss anything?

Last edited by dubb93 : 03-02-2014 at 04:40 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #4956
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
AJ Styles broke a kid's neck with his stupid finisher, the one he almost crippled Roderick Strong with

hxxp://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/miscnews/article10036109.shtml

At the same time
a) the injury occurred because the recipient took the bump wrong, you can't tuck your head, you have to take it as a straight face bump

and

b) He thanked AJ Styles as well for “elevating me to look on your level in the biggest match of my career..You truly are phenomenal.”
Old 03-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #4957
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

It's the second guy he's nearly killed in a few months - time to move on to a safer finisher

oh, and can we now call him "The Crippler"?
Old 03-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #4958
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
It's the second guy he's nearly killed in a few months - time to move on to a safer finisher

Sorry, I'm not into taking away someone's signature move because a couple of opponents aren't capable of taking a bump that has been taken safely hundreds of times by hundreds of workers.

You eliminate every move that's seriously injured a worker, there's not much left.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #4959
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Can someone explain the current WWE schedule to me? Figured now that I have the WWE Network I may try to get back into it.

You got RAW on Monday and Smackdown on Friday. They are both considered "A Shows," but I feel like RAW is the more important of the two. Then you have Superstars(I'm not even really sure when this airs), which is like the old B Shows. You miss it, you don't really miss much. I didn't watch the B shows back when I watched wrestling regularly, so I doubt I will go out of my way to check this out. What is NXT, when does it take place, and how does it fit in with the rest of the crap that is going on?

EDIT: And did I miss anything?

RAW is the A show, Smackdown is the B show. There was a time where the shows had different rosters and storylines, but now, everything's combined, and the important things happen on RAW. Smackdown is a supplement. Superstars is C show. It's wrestling-based, and there's a lot of great stuff on there if you want to see more out of the midcarders.

NXT is the developmental promotion. It's booked as a separate promotion with its own separate championships and storylines. It had been airing on Hulu Plus, I believe it will shortly air exclusively on the WWE network. I've never been a regular follower, but those who follow it seem to love it, it's a like a old-timey territory with traditional booking. WWE guys make occasional appearances, but it exists as its own separate universe outside of the WWE.

Last edited by molson : 03-02-2014 at 07:21 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #4960
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm watching on DVR about a half hour behind but the opening to RAW is certainly interesting thus far with Paul Heyman.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #4961
RainMaker
General Manager

I know it seems inevitable in the near future, but they shouldn't breakup The Shield. They are just too much fun together.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #4962
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I love the Shield. I'm also worried that Roman Reigns won't look as good when he's expected to talk for 15-20 minutes to open up a show, and wrestle a full match on his own. He's fantastic as part of the Shield, but I think it's also done a great job of hiding his weaknesses (as it should be). But as a human highlight reel he is amazing.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #4963
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Agreed, I think the sum of their parts is much greater than the value of each individual part.

I do wish they had let Bray Wyatt get on the microphone tonight as I've been really impressed by his abilities.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #4964
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

"Do we listen to these people?" "Why would we?"

WWE Uncomfortable Truths
Old 03-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #4965
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I love the Shield. I'm also worried that Roman Reigns won't look as good when he's expected to talk for 15-20 minutes to open up a show, and wrestle a full match on his own. He's fantastic as part of the Shield, but I think it's also done a great job of hiding his weaknesses (as it should be). But as a human highlight reel he is amazing.

I just think they could use a little more time. WWE has a problem with rushing things and it feels like they'll rush Roman. They have a good thing going right now. The Shield are over as anyone. Give them another 6 months together.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #4966
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I feel like Undertaker beating Brock at Wrestlemania is a foregone conclusion. I thought the best chance and payoff that there ever would've been was when 'Taker faced CM Punk. I just don't see how it would be worth it to have Brock win so I'm assuming the streak continues.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 03-03-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #4967
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I do wish they had let Bray Wyatt get on the microphone tonight as I've been really impressed by his abilities.

Ha, nevermind, got it. Another very solid mic/video performance.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #4968
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
NXT is the developmental promotion. It's booked as a separate promotion with its own separate championships and storylines. It had been airing on Hulu Plus, I believe it will shortly air exclusively on the WWE network. I've never been a regular follower, but those who follow it seem to love it, it's a like a old-timey territory with traditional booking. WWE guys make occasional appearances, but it exists as its own separate universe outside of the WWE.
An old-timey territory, except with women who can (and are allowed to) wrestle, a crowd that's willing to give new gimmicks a chance (take a character like Bray Wyatt - if he had just been repackaged from Husky Harris straight to that in front of a RAW crowd, he would've been crucified and the Wyatt Family gimmick would've been short-lived), and most importantly announcers who actually like and build up the product they're watching. And not that it really matters, but NXT is part of the same universe as WWE Raw etc.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 03-03-2014 at 10:08 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #4969
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

A full commercial break in overrun time. Tha Fuq?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #4970
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
A full commercial break in overrun time. Tha Fuq?

Batista needed a 5 minute break. He had wrestled a whole 2 minutes.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #4971
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Must be cold in there.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #4972
RainMaker
General Manager

HHH putting himself over....well I'm shocked.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #4973
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

So Punk was a no show?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #4974
RainMaker
General Manager

Looks like Meltzer fucked up.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:18 AM   #4975
Suicane75
Coordinator

Except that he didn't. He didn't report anything, anywhere. On the radio show he said that he was told it was 99% that Punk would be there, but you could tell he still didn't believe it. Second hand sites then went batshit.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #4976
Mota
College Benchwarmer

That Daniel Bryan / Authority segment was amazing. So much energy from the crowd. It was a big moment.

Also the Wyatt / Shield angle was fantastic. Seth Rollins finally got his moment to shine, which he usually hasn't. He is a great wrestler, he has good charisma (if used in the right role), and he could do great stuff. Hopefully he doesn't get lost in the shuffle. THat highlight moment gives me some hope.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #4977
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't know how Seth Rollins does that stuff without breaking his ankles. Holy shit is he fun to watch.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #4978
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I love Seth but I think it's because he reminds me a lot of Dolph skill-wise. Ziggler's been in the WWE doghouse for a while now and I doubt he gets renewed when his contract is over next year.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #4979
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
RAW is the A show, Smackdown is the B show. There was a time where the shows had different rosters and storylines, but now, everything's combined, and the important things happen on RAW. Smackdown is a supplement. Superstars is C show. It's wrestling-based, and there's a lot of great stuff on there if you want to see more out of the midcarders.

There is also Main Event. Main Event airs on Ion in America on Wednesday nights. It's a C show, but they usually do a couple solid matches. Sounds like the contract for it is up right before Wrestlemania, so it will be network exclusive as well. Superstars doesn't air in America on TV.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF

Last edited by General Mike : 03-04-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #4980
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
I love Seth but I think it's because he reminds me a lot of Dolph skill-wise. Ziggler's been in the WWE doghouse for a while now and I doubt he gets renewed when his contract is over next year.
Ehh... someone needs to job to Ryback/ADR/The Miz during their 10th push, and Dolph can sell as well as anyone. Heck, give him a tag team partner if you're actually going to push those. (And then have them turn on each other if they get over with the crowd.)
Old 03-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #4981
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Make Dolph the mouthpiece of a stable with The Usos, add a third person to The Real Americans, don't split The Shield, and build a legit six man tag division. That match on RAW was fun, and I'm guessing since it has been so long that a six man tag division would be fresh at this point.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #4982
molson
General Manager

I've always thought dolph's biggest strength is bumping like a pinball, which isn't really conducive to being a top babyface. His offense is kind of weak. And i think the company hates that puts himself at so much risk for concussions. I think Seth Rollins is better in the long term. You need quality mid card guys who can make others look great, there's no shame in being one of those guys.

Last edited by molson : 03-05-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #4983
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've always thought dolph's biggest strength is bumping like a pinball, which isn't really conducive to being a top babyface. His offense is kind of weak. And i think the company hates that puts himself at so much risk for concussions. I think Seth Rollins is better in the long term. You need quality mid card guys who can make others look great, there's no shame in being one of those guys.

I agree that the concussion issue is a big deal. Ziggler got 2 in the last 10 months and went from being the B champion to being mid card cannon fodder. There have been other guys who got concussions/ other injuries who saw their pushes discontinued as well.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Old 03-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #4984
Flasch186
Coordinator

So for my Fraternity event back in '95 we put on Wrestle Fest. I played the role of Jim Cornette but you'll see a halfway decent show and a couple of cameos by WWF Hall of Famers.

Pi Kappa Phi Wrestlefest 1995 - YouTube

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #4985
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
So for my Fraternity event back in '95 we put on Wrestle Fest. I played the role of Jim Cornette but you'll see a halfway decent show and a couple of cameos by WWF Hall of Famers.

Pi Kappa Phi Wrestlefest 1995 - YouTube

Haha, that is so awesome. I only skimmed through it but a lot of those guys appear to be professionally trained and a lot of the comedy works. I've always kind of half-dreamed of promoting a one-off comedy/nostalgia show. And really, it's possible, it doesn't take a ton of money, especially if you're willing to take a loss.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #4986
Flasch186
Coordinator

The wrestlers were all Frat Bros however "Slick" Scoot Flair did go on to do some indy wrestling.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #4987
Flasch186
Coordinator

The HW Champ Scoot Flair match versus Sting was so great at the end. It had a Powerbomb that had Ko-Ko jump from his seat, the Intercontinental Champ storming the ring to take the place of the downed ref, controversial 3 count, a Manager getting knocked out, and finally Sgt. Slaughter taking out the champ. I think that that match was pretty darn good for a college frat event. I've watched that match like 4 times now {stupid me}

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 03-07-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #4988
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
The HW Champ Scoot Flair match versus Sting was so great at the end. It had a Powerbomb that had Ko-Ko jump from his seat, the Intercontinental Champ storming the ring to take the place of the downed ref, controversial 3 count, a Manager getting knocked out, and finally Sgt. Slaughter taking out the champ.

Dusty would be proud
Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #4989
dave731
High School JV

WWE 2K14 Dynasty I'm starting...

I'm opening this up on another site but hasn't gotten much of a response so I am likely going to have a Raw roster and a Smackdown roster...premise is simple. You create up to 3 wrestlers and they get plugged into the NWF when I start my WWE 2K14 dynasty. You are allowed 1 wrestler at each tier (Tier 1 (stars), tier 2 (mid card), tier 3 (opener/job squad). The signup form is below. This will be ran inside the Universe mode for the game so we'll have PPVs, storylines, etc.

Special Abilities available are Dirty Pin, Steal Finisher, Hammer Throw, Resiliency, Comeback, Outside Dive, Springboard Dive, Leverage Pin, Ring Escape. Tier 3 gets to choose 3, Tier 2 gets to choose 2, Tier 1 gets to choose 1.

Attribute point totals can total 110 for Tier 3, 98 for tier 2, and 85 for tier 1.

Name:
Hght:
Wght:
Special Abilities:
Attributes (Attribute point totals can total 110 for Tier 3, 98 for tier 2, and 85 for tier 1.)
Strike Power (0-9):
Grapple Power (0-9):
Submission (0-9):
Strike Defense (0-9):
Grapple Defense (0-9):
Speed (0-9):
Jump (0-9):
Agility (0-9):
Adrenaline (0-9):
Recovery (0-9):
Toughness (0-9):
Durability (0-9):
Charisma (0-9):
Tag Team (0-9):

Hit Point Ratio (must total 100%)
Head:
Body:
Arms:
Legs:

Base move set for superstar (which wrestler is he most like?):

Signature Move(s):

Finisher Move(s):

Description of Superstar (ring attire, bio, theme music, etc. for pics I upload during the dynasty):

Note: If you have the game for ps3, you can upload your wrestler and I will dload him for use in the dynasty...
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #4990
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Smart move.

The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal | WWE.com
Old 03-11-2014, 04:02 AM   #4991
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

And now comes the payoff at Wrestlemania. At this point in time though the only match that appears to be a coin flip is Cena vs Wyatt. I guess they have occasionally pulled a swerve or two but with the latest Daniel Bryan situation I have a hard time believing WM wont be his time.

Not a big fan of the Taker vs Lesnar match at all. Is there any possible chance they would have Lesnar(whom they cant trust) go over on taker and the biggest streak in WWE history?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #4992
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Credit where credit is due, HHH was fantastic in that segment
Old 03-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #4993
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Agreed. I didn't have the ego to think HHH would let himself be the stepping stone for Bryan, especially at Mania.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #4994
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I'd love to see the reaction if HHH squash jobbed bryan at WM....I'm talking 90 second demolish squash job....

Im laughing just thinking about it
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #4995
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I'd love to see the reaction if HHH squash jobbed bryan at WM....I'm talking 90 second demolish squash job.... Im laughing just thinking about it

That actually crossed my mind earlier as well. I'm thinking it might be the final straw for a fair number of folks.

I also think it's no worse than a 40% chance of being what happens.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #4996
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Should've skipped sending the "security guards" and should've just sent Brock Lesnar to clear the ring. Kayfabe or not those fans would've cleared the hell out in 20 seconds.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #4997
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

This won't be anything new to most people here, but I thought I'd share.

I did like the video of guys calling shots; I had not seen that before.

5 Behind-the-Scenes Facts I Learned as a Pro Wrestler | Cracked.com
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #4998
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The Iron Sheik's Wrestling Rise, Drug-Fueled Fall and Twitter Rebirth
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #4999
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

thanks for that

Last edited by CU Tiger : 03-17-2014 at 08:35 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #5000
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Razor Ramon is the last one in this year's Hall of Fame.