Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #4951
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I enjoy the peanut butter filled pretzels. Regular pretzels, not so much.

I try not to buy the peanut butter-filled pretzels because if I'm not careful, I'll eat the entire container in one sitting.

I also very much like the honey wheat pretzels. I'm working mission ops right now and there are three big containers of those. I keep walking back to the sim room to grab a few...

Regualr pretzels...eh, hit or miss.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #4952
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I do not understand why people who don't need to be in the office on a given day, when they come in, feel entitled to eat the food that was provided for the poor saps who have to work (or those who accidentally scheduled themselves for a Saturday 2p-10p shift...DOH!). There's been this guy here all day who is completely unnecessary. Actually, more than that. I don't trust him at all with this thing, and don't even ask his input. But he's helped himself to second helpings of our lunch and our dinner.

/tk
Old 07-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #4953
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I try not to buy the peanut butter-filled pretzels because if I'm not careful, I'll eat the entire container in one sitting.

I also very much like the honey wheat pretzels. I'm working mission ops right now and there are three big containers of those. I keep walking back to the sim room to grab a few...

Regualr pretzels...eh, hit or miss.

/tk

If you really want to put in some calories try the chocolate covered peanut better filled pretzels...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #4954
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I've always loved regular pretzels. I had no idea there were people that didn't.

Then again, I can eat bowls of grape nuts without any milk or anyting...just dry Grape Nuts
Old 07-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #4955
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Combos are a lifelong favorite of mine.

ooo yeah
Old 07-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #4956
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I've always loved regular pretzels. I had no idea there were people that didn't.

Until I found honey wheat pretzels, regular pretzels used to be my favorite. Now that I found honey wheat....

But hands down, I'll take pretzels over potato chips any day. For regular pretzels, I like the big crunchy sourdough ones.

/tk
Old 07-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #4957
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Pretzels are a lot like women. There are twists & turns, and you occasionally find them in your sofa.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #4958
Suicane75
Coordinator

Hanovers FTW! Put some yellow mustard on those sonna bitches and chomp chomp chomp.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 07-23-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #4959
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Pretzels are a lot like women. There are twists & turns, and you occasionally find them in your sofa.

Plus sometimes you lick the salt off before putting them in your mouth.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #4960
cuervo72
Head Coach

These women are making me thirsty.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #4961
sabotai
General Manager

My road trip ends tomorrow. I avoided the worst of the heat wave. It was still pretty hot in Lake George today (low 90s), but it was still at least 10 degrees less than what it was today back home (low 100s).
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #4962
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Has anybody ever purchased a phone on ebay, or traded/given/been given a phone from somebody on a different account? Can you still get a warranty and insurance on it?

Verizon Wireless is the carrier in question.

I don't like the iPhone 4. I want to go back to Android. I would give my brother my iPhone 4 and he will use his upgrade for an Android phone of my choosing. Only roadblock is the warranty and Asurion insurance question. I have the extended warranty on the iPhone 4 if that makes a difference
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #4963
sabotai
General Manager

My road trip (my first trip anywhere in about a decade) is now over. We started off in Hartford, CT. If you've never been to Hartford....yeah, you don't need to go to Hartford. Next, we hit Springfield, MA and visited Forest Park and the Springfield Museums. Next we drove to Albany, NY and saw the USS Slater and then up to the Lake George area for the day. All in all, very fun trip.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:34 AM   #4964
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so I have some stuff on my DVR I want to burn to disk. I grabbed a stack of DRD recorable disks that I had for a while and put one in the DVD recorder assuming it would be a blank. There was actually a 10 second video clip of our dog Bernie who we lost 15 months ago on there. I must have video tapped it then burned it to the disk as a test. It was a nice surprise that made me sad and happy all at once.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #4965
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so I have some stuff on my DVR I want to burn to disk. I grabbed a stack of DRD recorable disks that I had for a while and put one in the DVD recorder assuming it would be a blank. There was actually a 10 second video clip of our dog Bernie who we lost 15 months ago on there. I must have video tapped it then burned it to the disk as a test. It was a nice surprise that made me sad and happy all at once.

Awwww
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:09 AM   #4966
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Monroe or Einstein: Check If You Need Glasses at Your Computer

Pretty cool, check out the picture at the link and see which one (or both) you see in the photo.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #4967
DataKing
Pro Rookie

1: Open Google Maps (directions)
2: Type China as your starting point
3: Type Taiwan as your destination.
4: Read step 48
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 07-25-2011 at 11:18 AM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #4968
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
1: Open Google Maps (directions)
2: Type China as your starting point
3: Type Taiwan as your destination.
4: Read step 48

Nice.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #4969
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Driving along, pass a family of four jogging. Come up to a stop sign, wait for traffic to turn left. As traffic clears one of the joggers passes us on the right (as expected) to cross the street, but Dad gets the other two to pass us on the LEFT, going into the middle of the street we were on, to basically go diagonally across the intersection. Saved him and his family maybe 3 seconds, at the risk of us not seeing them come up where no pedestrian should be and plowing them over as we made our left turn when traffic cleared...
Old 07-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #4970
sabotai
General Manager

At least with Japan as the destination, they give you a vehicle to use. (Step 27).
Old 07-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #4971
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Driving along, pass a family of four jogging. Come up to a stop sign, wait for traffic to turn left. As traffic clears one of the joggers passes us on the right (as expected) to cross the street, but Dad gets the other two to pass us on the LEFT, going into the middle of the street we were on, to basically go diagonally across the intersection. Saved him and his family maybe 3 seconds, at the risk of us not seeing them come up where no pedestrian should be and plowing them over as we made our left turn when traffic cleared...

I hate stuff like this. I agree that maybe drivers aren't as good as they need to be, but the relative lack of fear of many pedestrians is shocking.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #4972
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I like step 49 as a follow up.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #4973
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I hate stuff like this. I agree that maybe drivers aren't as good as they need to be, but the relative lack of fear of many pedestrians is shocking.

And bicyclists ... especially bicyclists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #4974
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Move to Seattle. People step out in front of cars into walkways and don't even bother to see if the car sees them and is slowing down.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #4975
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

If you are going from Tokyo to Detroit, they have you kayak across the Pacific ocean, then give you road directions across Hawaii, then kayak to Washington.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #4976
stevew
Hall Of Famer

People also don't know how to walk or ride their bike on the correct side of the street, either.

Last edited by stevew : 07-25-2011 at 12:33 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #4977
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Move to Seattle. People step out in front of cars into walkways and don't even bother to see if the car sees them and is slowing down.

Interesting case here in GA this week, where a mother is facing three years in prison after being convicted on vehicular manslaughter charges after she basically jaywalked her kids across the road. One of the kids was hit by a car & killed.

The driver, who plead guilty to hit-and-run, served six months & now has five years probation to go.

Mom whose son killed by hit-run driver asks compassion in her sentencing *| ajc.com
Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #4978
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
And bicyclists ... especially bicyclists.

We have full peletons around here that take up entire lanes. Not as annoying on a 4-lane street, but if there are only two lanes total it's VERY annoying. If a car was going that slow in that lane they'd be ticketed for holding up traffic...
Old 07-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #4979
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Your father was a baboon's rump, and your mother spent most of her time up against walls with sailors.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #4980
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I don't know if this is only in Pittsburgh, but I see this all the time.

Imagine an intersection, one road running north-south, the other east-west.

Traffic moving east-west has green, and therefore, pedestrians walking along this road/crossing the north-south road, have a walk sign.

People who want to cross the east-west road, feet facing the way they want to walk, look across the street to see a don't walk sign. Then turn 90 degrees, see a walk sign, and cross...because they saw a walk sign, so it must be for them.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #4981
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I don't know if this is only in Pittsburgh, but I see this all the time.

Imagine an intersection, one road running north-south, the other east-west.

Traffic moving east-west has green, and therefore, pedestrians walking along this road/crossing the north-south road, have a walk sign.

People who want to cross the east-west road, feet facing the way they want to walk, look across the street to see a don't walk sign. Then turn 90 degrees, see a walk sign, and cross...because they saw a walk sign, so it must be for them.

Sometimes when I am walking back to my car, I need to get down a few blocks and to the other side of the street. So, I will walk whichever way the lights let me, at least until I cross the street. Maybe that is what you are seeing.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #4982
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Sometimes when I am walking back to my car, I need to get down a few blocks and to the other side of the street. So, I will walk whichever way the lights let me, at least until I cross the street. Maybe that is what you are seeing.

I get that...do it myself all the time, I feel like I am at least making progress.

But these people walk north...but with their heads turned and seeing the light/walk sign facing east. It's almost like being unable to pat their head and rub their belly. They can't see the walk signal in one direction and will themselves to not walk the direction they are headed.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #4983
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post

Just to reinforce how bad walkers' knowledge can be, I assumed that these joggers were properly running against traffic, and once you said one jogger passed you on the right, I had to consciously adjust to the fact that these joggers were on the wrong side of the road to begin with.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #4984
MacroGuru
Coordinator

bypassed the ATT store and shoddy customer service....HTC is kissing my arse to make sure the Surround is fixed, replaced or upgraded....

I wouldn't mind getting the HD7 out of it....
Old 07-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #4985
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I've always wondered who's up at this hour.

I am not a fan of oh-dark-thirty.

/tk
Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 AM   #4986
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

It takes a douche to urinate on a toilet in a public men's bathroom with the seat down.

It takes a bigger douche to urinate inside the sanitary toilet seat cover dispenser.

Probably a Kindle user.

Last edited by Shkspr : 07-26-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #4987
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, I'm not sure what being a Kindle user has to do with urinating in a toilet seat cover dispenser. But that's definitely a special kind of person.

For the record, I'm a Kindle user and find that utterly disgusting.

/tk
Old 07-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #4988
fpres
High School JV

...watching Star Trek: First Contact on SyFy and noticed the word "Jesus" was dubbed out of James Cromwell's phrase "Sweet Jesus". I'm anything but a 'Bible thumper', but seriously?
fpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #4989
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I've noticed they've been doing that more and more on cable. It's really ridiculous.

It kills me that 'damn' is okay, but 'god damn' is not.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 07-26-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #4990
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I've noticed they've been doing that more and more on cable. It's really ridiculous.

It kills me that 'damn' is okay, but 'god damn' is not.

For the people to whom that's a big deal, one's profanity, and the other is blasphemy.

It's an order-of-magnitude thing.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #4991
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

This is the 5,000th random thought

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #4992
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

SI

Somehow I doubt that thought was random.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #4993
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

SI

I randomly deleted one of my posts based on a percentile dice roll as I determined you were not 5,000 worthy.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #4994
thesloppy
Pro Starter

People who modify their car/motorcycle/scooter to make it louder are a special kind of asshole.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #4995
molson
General Manager

Anybody know anything about Tajikistan? I'm hosting a Tajik lawyer for the next few days....He's part of an official delegation of some type, they've been to D.C., they're staying at a hotel here most of the time, but they're staying with regular Americans for a bit too for the culture. Nudi-bar? I mean, I want to do my part for international relations here.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #4996
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

Kept one of those in on Next Food Network Star coming from Bobby Flay (as he facepalms when Wolfgang Puck gets up from a dinner table to teach a contestant how to make risotto). I think they even showed the clip both going into and coming out of the break.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #4997
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

House is officially on the market, as I prepare to take an anal raping to dump this thing.

It's moderately creepy having panoramic photos of your own home up on the internet for everyone to see.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #4998
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Anybody know anything about Tajikistan? I'm hosting a Tajik lawyer for the next few days....He's part of an official delegation of some type, they've been to D.C., they're staying at a hotel here most of the time, but they're staying with regular Americans for a bit too for the culture. Nudi-bar? I mean, I want to do my part for international relations here.

Have a screening of Borat?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #4999
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So, I have lived in New York since 2008, I never switched my drivers license over. Part of it was due to the fact I was always traveling and part of it was because I didn't want to give up Utah (I know weird right)

Well, today that ended and I turned in my Utah DL and I now have my NY DL.....Guess I am a New Yorker now..
Old 07-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #5000
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I've read a great book called Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands which describes customs for many different countries. It's designed for people who are traveling from the USA into another country, but I think it can be used here, too. If I remember correctly, in Tajikistan, if you have a guest, it is customary for the host to give the guest a handjob whenever the guest sneezes. If you refuse to give the handjob, the guest gets possession of your home, your family, and any gardens you have planted within the past three rainy seasons. He also gets to kill you. So you might want to prepare yourself for that.

Edit: Sorry, I might have been thinking of Azerbaijan.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 07-27-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote