Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #5401
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lol, I was gonna go look for this Good Housekeeping watermelon cake, but thought better of it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #5402
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Can I bind master volume controls to unused keys on my keyboard via Windows? If so, how?

Or will I need a third party app. If so, what one?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:21 AM   #5403
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

On Monday morning Tom "Killer" Kowalski, a Lions beat writer for 30 years, died of a heart attack. He was only 51.

I can't tell you how depressed this news has made me. He was by far the best Lions beat writer out there. He was the go-to source for all things Lions. He also hosted a daily sports talk show and a weekly Lions talk show, in addition to doing work on TV. The guy really knew football. He'd re-watch every game and break down a dozen or so key plays in detail in addition to his daily coverage.

I always looked forward to reading or hearing his take on things and would always listen to podcasts or whatever of any interview or show of his I missed.

It's never going to be the same following the Lions.

R.I.P. Killer.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:29 AM   #5404
JediKooter
Coordinator

If you can't drive at least as fast as the posted speed on the freeway...stay off the damn freeway.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #5405
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I hate when I ask for something simple and it never gets done.

We have a company we help out a lot and I asked for a copy of a document. It's literally 20 feet from this person's desk. I just wanted one page scanned and emailed. Total estimated time: 60 seconds max.

It's been 5 hours since I asked (and yes they got my message).

It's also funny because I use to work there. So I know they're not too busy.

After my 3rd request, and nearly 24 hours later, they told me they didn't have the document yet. I told them they got it in June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.

Last edited by Rizon : 08-31-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #5406
JediKooter
Coordinator

Of which year?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 08-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #5407
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

The Doughboys got a girl!

High Schools | Female player puts it all on the (offensive) line for Pershing football | The Detroit News
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 PM   #5408
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Another thing...

Does putting someone who would frighten children out at the street to hold a sign with your business name really do anything to help increase business?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #5409
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I've been wondering about the street sign(sandwich board) thing. I feel like it's something very new, at least in the frequency I see it lately. Dudes making minwage with their headphones on, holding a sign. I wonder if this is a temp agency type phenomenon.

Last edited by stevew : 08-31-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #5410
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

And it's only certain businesses. Cash for gold and tax services seem to be the big ones along with some select fast food (Little Caesar's seems to have them a lot). I understand fast food- it's like another sign saying "hey, really, you're hungry and you want to come here": it's a reminder. But who bases their tax decisions on "Hey, I liked that guy in the statue of liberty costume" or "You know, I was just thinking how badly I wanted to sell some gold to a crazy guy in a gorilla costume!"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #5411
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
And it's only certain businesses. Cash for gold and tax services seem to be the big ones along with some select fast food (Little Caesar's seems to have them a lot).

I believe the idea is mostly to make you aware that the business is at Location X (usually seems to be a small non-descript strip shopping center) more than to prompt an immediate transaction.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #5412
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The dancing statue of Liberties pissed me off. The twist around sign that is twirled too.

Where's JIMGA at with the sandwich board advertising trend market research?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #5413
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola- If Shawshank was set in the 2000s, Andy Dufrense would still be getting gang raped by the sisters since even a cromagnon can use Turbo Tax.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #5414
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The Statue of Liberty tax one always amazes me, SI hit the nail on the head with that one. Nothing like trusting sensitive, confidential data to them.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #5415
Bad-example
College Starter

So, the other night I was celebrating my birthday. I merged with and sunk into my futon and fell out of reality, plummeting through the vast orange-and-purple maelstrom of chaos. One thought kept going through my mind.

Why the fuck would anyone try salvia a second time?
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #5416
Suicane75
Coordinator

Because next time maybe you'll wind up riding unicorns across the cosmos.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #5417
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Speaking of real-life conversations only (not online):

I think there are maybe two people in the entire world whose fantasy football teams I am interested in. To anyone besides those two people, I don't care about your fantasy football team. I don't care who you drafted. I don't care who your next opponent has. I don't care which players you should keep from last year. I don't care what scoring system your league has. I cared about fantasy football for a long time. I don't care anymore. I stopped playing it because I was no longer interested. If I was willing to give up my own teams because I stopped caring, why would your team be important to me?

So, would you rather I tell you about my fantasy football teams in any particular thread or just through PMs?

thx
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #5418
MJ4H
Coordinator

Want to show off my birthday present that just arrived.

happy dance

Last edited by MJ4H : 09-01-2011 at 05:05 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #5419
MJ4H
Coordinator

OK seriously if that is showing up huge for you guys I have no idea why. I have scaled it way down on the site. I will keep trying.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #5420
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Beautiful chess set!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #5421
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
So, would you rather I tell you about my fantasy football teams in any particular thread or just through PMs?

thx
Believe it or not, you are indeed one of the two.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #5422
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Just had the oldest dog here, who is at the point where moving is not something he does often or well, walk quickly into the bedroom & let out a loud fart.

He went outside faster than I have seen him move in a long time.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:51 AM   #5423
RainMaker
General Manager

Beefaroni. Is this something to eat with a spoon or a fork? Doesn't seem like either is ideal for it.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #5424
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Beefaroni. Is this something to eat with a spoon or a fork? Doesn't seem like either is ideal for it.

Beefaroni - only a spork can understand the blended identity properly.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 09-02-2011 at 06:18 AM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #5425
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It's something you eat once you've given up.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #5426
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

A Runcible spoon, of course.

Runcible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #5427
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I love how when I order Jimmy Johns, they include a menu in the bag. Even though I just ordered from the web, from the online menu.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #5428
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It's something you eat once you've given up.
It literally was the last thing in my cupboard. I had been putting off going grocery shopping for a week. Felt like I needed a Silkwood shower after.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #5429
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I was randomly thinking that I'd love to see some unexpected locations show up on the hit tracking for tonight's HSFB game webcast.

Since I don't expect you to travel to Lexington, GA tonight, see what a bunch of talented (if occasionally scatterbrained) students can do & watch the live student-produced webcast of Athens Academy at Oglethorpe County at Spartans Webcast Pre-game at 7p, kick-off at 730p

(That's random, since I happened to think of it while I was reposting the link on my FB and didn't feel like starting a HSFB thread at the moment)
Old 09-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #5430
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Can't cut out of work before 5:30 today. Looking at a trip from nyc/ct border to metrowest boston. On Friday before labor day weekend. Is traffic going to kindly or brutally fuck me?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #5431
JediKooter
Coordinator

Bring the lube.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #5432
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I was counting on you guys to provide a counter opinion to my office mates.

You failed .

Old 09-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #5433
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ah, sorry about that. I was just figuring with all the water from Isabel and the long weekend...well, I think you get the point. What about a quick hop on flight there instead?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #5434
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Nah I was kidding, I expect the same. I imagine a fliight from white plains to logan today wouldn't be worth the effort.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #5435
JediKooter
Coordinator

Right on. Either way man, enjoy the extra day off.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #5436
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

9.60 horse
74.80 horse
10.80 horse

And the pick three pays 215. I would have guessed at least 1200. Strangest thing I've seen at the track since I don't know when. I had all in the last race, funny stuff.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #5437
Dutch
"Dutch"

Finished my last programming class and my last database class in one swing this week (400-level Advanced Relational Database class using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL). I'm on the downhill slope to finishing my CMIS degree I've been working towards at night since 2006. I'm so sick of working full time and going to school it's not even funny. Still 7 classes to go though....God I wish I could've just done this shit right after high-school...pass this on to your kids. Don't quit school after high school!!!

Last edited by Dutch : 09-03-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #5438
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

To go or not to go to the Maryland tailgate and game...

On the one hand, I've got 2 dishes I made just for the tailgate and probably won't be able to eat on my own. And, it seems unlikely that I'll be able to make it to the next home game and possibly not the one after, either (depends on work/when we launch this next satellite).

On the other, it's raining. And I just found out that my best friend isn't going (though her husband is). And a lot off the people that will be there kind of annoy me. And they'll be eating things that will kill me. And chances are, I couldn't stay for the entire game, anyway, since it's about an hour away, an 8 p.m. kickoff, and I have physical therapy at 7 a.m. tomorrow.

Bleh.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #5439
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

ah, look at that. it expands!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #5440
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
To go or not to go to the Maryland tailgate and game...

On the one hand, I've got 2 dishes I made just for the tailgate and probably won't be able to eat on my own. And, it seems unlikely that I'll be able to make it to the next home game and possibly not the one after, either (depends on work/when we launch this next satellite).

On the other, it's raining. And I just found out that my best friend isn't going (though her husband is). And a lot off the people that will be there kind of annoy me. And they'll be eating things that will kill me. And chances are, I couldn't stay for the entire game, anyway, since it's about an hour away, an 8 p.m. kickoff, and I have physical therapy at 7 a.m. tomorrow.

Bleh.

/tk

Not to mention having that pending accident due to dizziness from watching the helmets.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #5441
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I love how when I order Jimmy Johns, they include a menu in the bag. Even though I just ordered from the web, from the online menu.

Just noticed a new Jimmy John's on campus? What's your standby choice? I will probably methodically work thru the menu at some point.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #5442
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm a sucker for a #1 for something light, a Gargantuan if I'm looking for something heavy, or one of the Italian ones for something inbetween

Also, it weirds me out anytime I run across a Jimmy Johns that closes at 9pm

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-06-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #5443
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I have a unnatural hatred for Jimmy Johns tearing out my sandwich bread innards
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #5444
Rizon
Pro Starter

FBI is after me oh noes so they sent me emailz

Quote:
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
INTELLIGENCE FIELD UNIT
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE,NW WASHINGTON,D.C.

ATTN: BENEFICIARY

I AM SPECIAL AGENT JOHN EDWARD FROM THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) INTELLIGENCE UNIT, WE HAVE JUST INTERCEPTED AND CONFISCATED TWO CONSIGNMENT BOXES AT JFK AIRPORT IN NEW YORK, AND WE ARE ON THE VERGE OF MOVING IT TO OUR BUREAU HEAD QUARTERS.

WE HAVE SCANNED THE SAID BOXES, AND HAVE FOUND IT TO CONTAIN LARGE SUM OF MONEY AND ALSO BACKUP DOCUMENT WHICH BEARS YOUR NAME AS THE RECEIVER OF THE MONEY CONTAINED IN THE BOXES, INVESTIGATIONS CARRIED OUT ON THE DIPLOMAT WHICH ACCOMPANIED THE BOXES INTO THE UNITED STATES HAS IT THAT HE WAS TO DELIVER THIS FUNDS TO YOUR RESIDENCE AS PAYMENT WHICH WAS DUE YOU FROM THE OFFICE OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA FROM UNPAID CONTRACT SUMS.

WE CROSS-CHECKED ALL LEGAL DOCUMENTATION IN THE BOXES, AND WERE ABOUT TO RELEASE THE CONSIGNMENT TO THE DIPLOMAT,WHEN WE FOUND OUT THAT THE BOXES IS LACKING ONE VERY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTATION WHICH AS A RESULT, THE BOXES HAS BEEN CONFISCATED.

ACCORDING TO SECTION 229 SUBSECTION 31 OF THE 2005 AMENDED CONSTITUTION IN TAX PAYMENT, YOUR CONSIGNMENT LACKS PROOF OF OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE FROM THE JOINT TEAM OF THE IRS AND HOMELAND SECURITY, AND THERE FOR, YOU MUST CONTACT US FOR DIRECTION ON HOW TO PROCURE THIS CERTIFICATE, SO THAT YOU CAN BE RELIEVED OF THE CHARGES OF EVADING TAX WHICH IS A PUNISHABLE OFFENSE UNDER SECTION 12 SUBSECTION 441 OF CONSTITUTION ON TAX EVASION.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CONTACT THIS BUREAU WITHIN 72HOURS, OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED, INTERROGATED AND PROSECUTED IN THE COURT OF LAW FOR MONEY LAUNDRY.

ALSO, YOU MUST NOT CONTACT ANY OTHER BANK OR PERSONS IN NIGERIA, THE UNITED KINGDOM OR ANY PART OF THE WORLD FOR ANY PAYMENT, BECAUSE YOUR PAYMENT HAVE BEEN CONFISCATED BY THIS BUREAU HERE IN THE UNITED STATES.

YOURS IN SERVICE,

AGENT JOHN EDWARD
REGIONAL DEPUTY-DIRECTOR
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
INTELLIGENCE FIELD UNIT
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE,NW WASHINGTON,D.C.
20535-0001,USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #5445
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED, INTERROGATED AND PROSECUTED IN THE COURT OF LAW FOR MONEY LAUNDRY.

HAH!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #5446
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Awesome.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #5447
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

When people unfriend me on Facebook without warning, I basically treat it as if the person now has to endure the rest of their lives without genitals and with severe leg cramps. Now that they no longer have genitals and have to suffer through leg cramps for the rest of their (hopefully long) lives, I am happy enough to throw a party.

This works out great except for the fact that my neighbors are pretty tired of me throwing so many parties.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #5448
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Rizon, if we don't see you for three days, can we THERE FOR assume you have been ARRESTED, INTERROGATED AND PROSECUTED IN THE COURT OF LAW FOR MONEY LAUNDRY?

SI

Old 09-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #5449
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Teaching a marketing class tomorrow with an emphasis on the internet....I haven't taught for a while...fingers crossed...hopefully my students will participate.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 09-09-2011 at 09:17 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #5450
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

What is up with men's pants these days. A couple of months ago, I wore out a couple of older pair of black khakis at work- holes in them that couldn't be repaired. It's now two or three months later and I've found a couple of ok pairs but nothing remotely comfortable like my old pants. It seems like tight legs are in and it's just frustrating. It's like I told the person ringing me up at Penney's last night- it'd be one thing if I had gotten fatter and my waist were suddenly an inch or two bigger. But I've been within 5 lbs of my current weight for the last 5+ years and my older pants still fit great so it's not that. It's something with the current style of pants.

Anyone know of some comfy relatively inexpensive khakis with more room in the legs?

SI