Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #501
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Oh, I disagree. If I'm in the right lane, and I'm going the speed limit (70, for example), NO ONE should be passing me. But they do. I see the morons going 10-15+ faster than me just fly by all the time. I see them speeding by and I see a potential wreck that might affect me.

By going on the left lane, those some morons can't go 85-95 miles an hour. I'm doing a public service.

I really, REALLY hate speed freaks. Just because your car can go 95 mph or faster doesn't give you the right to do it, and if me irritating you by (GASP!) going the speed limit and impeding you, well, that's tough. Slow the hell down.

You are still missing my point. What you are doing is adding danger to yourself and adding danger to the people going 10-15+ faster. I'm not trying to argue the morality of driving fast. Just the facts of the danger added when not keeping up with traffic, even if the traffic is faster than it should be.

So, you are adding risk to everyone's lives to prove a point.

Dick.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-15-2012 at 07:48 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #502
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Oh, I disagree. If I'm in the right lane, and I'm going the speed limit (70, for example), NO ONE should be passing me. But they do. I see the morons going 10-15+ faster than me just fly by all the time. I see them speeding by and I see a potential wreck that might affect me.

By going on the left lane, those some morons can't go 85-95 miles an hour. I'm doing a public service.

I really, REALLY hate speed freaks. Just because your car can go 95 mph or faster doesn't give you the right to do it, and if me irritating you by (GASP!) going the speed limit and impeding you, well, that's tough. Slow the hell down.

Sorry, but, you're wrong and what you're doing is dangerous. Just let them pass and have the warm feeling that it isn't you that's going to get the speeding ticket. My grandpa was ticketed for driving too slow years ago. It wasn't that the ticket was for going to slow, it was because he was obstructing traffic.

Here's what I found regarding the law for West Virginia:

§17C-7-1. Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions; penalty.
(a) Upon all roadways of sufficient width a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:

(1) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement;

(2) When the right half of a roadway is closed to traffic while under construction or repair;

(3) Upon a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable thereon; or

(4) Upon a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic.

(b) Upon all roadways any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #503
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Sorry, but, you're wrong and what you're doing is dangerous. Just let them pass and have the warm feeling that it isn't you that's going to get the speeding ticket. My grandpa was ticketed for driving too slow years ago. It wasn't that the ticket was for going to slow, it was because he was obstructing traffic.

Here's what I found regarding the law for West Virginia:

§17C-7-1. Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions; penalty.
(a) Upon all roadways of sufficient width a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:

(1) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement;

(2) When the right half of a roadway is closed to traffic while under construction or repair;

(3) Upon a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable thereon; or

(4) Upon a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic.

(b) Upon all roadways any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

In regards to WVU, and his driving the speed limit in the left lane & this quote (not in regards to grandpas ticket). Yeah, I'd enjoy watching the court session where a guy was ticketed for driving at the maximum posted speed - and it some nutball cop said he was disrupting normal traffic speed, which was over the posted speed.

Last edited by DougW : 07-16-2012 at 12:02 PM.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #504
gstelmack
Pro Starter

If I go to pass someone doing 65 in a 65 zone, and I pass him at 70, am I a schmuck because someone doing 80 has to slow down until I finish passing?

Or even better, if I'm doing 70 and passing someone doing 65, and they speed up to 70, am I still a schmuck for being stuck next to them when another schmuck comes flying up at 80?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #505
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What's with the people that race you when you're passing?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #506
Autumn
Head Coach

Back to Pet Peeves, it's those people who can't keep up a consistent speed on the highway. You pass them because they're going too slow and then they speed up while you're passing. Or you finally get past them then they speed up, pass you, and then end up going slow again. Argh.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #507
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Back to Pet Peeves, it's those people who can't keep up a consistent speed on the highway. You pass them because they're going too slow and then they speed up while you're passing. Or you finally get past them then they speed up, pass you, and then end up going slow again. Argh.

I have watched my mother go from 57 to 82 and back (in a 70) from the passenger seat far too many times for me to remember. I think the Today Show or some source like that scared people into never using their cruise control because of possible loss-of-traction situations and disastrous consequences, blah blah blah...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #508
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
In Texas, the law is keep right, unless passing. Posted speed limit has nothing to do with it. It is to prevent as much as possible situations where people pass on the right, which is harder for a driver to spot than someone passing on the left.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #509
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
In Texas, the law is keep right, unless passing. Posted speed limit has nothing to do with it. It is to prevent as much as possible situations where people pass on the right, which is harder for a driver to spot than someone passing on the left.

Unfortunately the law is not universal, or at least it isn't enforced and obeyed universally. Southern Indiana is terrible when it comes to this. Some of those people just flat out refuse to get in the right lane, no matter how slow they are going.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #510
Ramzavail
College Starter

My most recent pet peeve:

When you email somebody asking them to do something or like an FYI email - and they response with "ok"

I prefer an "alright" or an "alright great" or "sure no problem"

"ok" is so - non-descript and non-personal and certainly non-enthusiastic.

grr. hate that.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #511
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post

When you email somebody asking them to do something or like an FYI email - and they response with "ok"

grr. hate that.

ok
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #512
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
What's with the people that race you when you're passing?

I just imagine that the person must lose at life so much, that the only way they can get a win is if they try to race me.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #513
korme
Go Reds

People that can't figure out the proper usage of well instead of good make me die a little inside

Last edited by korme : 07-16-2012 at 02:04 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #514
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post

grr. hate that.

whatever

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #515
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
In regards to WVU, and his driving the speed limit in the left lane & this quote (not in regards to grandpas ticket). Yeah, I'd enjoy watching the court session where a guy was ticketed for driving at the maximum posted speed - and it some nutball cop said he was disrupting normal traffic speed, which was over the posted speed.

Easy rule of thumb for the left most lane is, 'If you're not passing anyone, you shouldn't be in that lane'. The cop wouldn't be out of line if they did write someone a ticket for it though. I'm sure there's plenty of other traffic violations that bring in more money than cruising in the passing lane, so I can see why this wouldn't get the love that it sometimes needs and would seem like an odd thing to get written up for.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 07-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #516
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Easy rule of thumb for the left most lane is, 'If you're not passing anyone, you shouldn't be in that lane'. The cop wouldn't be out of line if they did write someone a ticket for it though. I'm sure there's plenty of other traffic violations that bring in more money than cruising in the passing lane, so I can see why this wouldn't get the love that it sometimes needs and would seem like an odd thing to get written up for.

Of course he would. He'd be totally out of line, and he'd get laughed out of court. Are you seriously saying a cop could give a guy a ticket for *not speeding*, and only doing the posted limit ... in whatever lane ? I mean, sure he could write it up as "obstructing traffic" .. but :
Judge : And, how exactly was he obstructing traffic ?
Cop : Well, uh .. he, uh .. uh was driving exactly the posted maximum speed your honor.
Judge : You're fired.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #517
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Of course he would. He'd be totally out of line, and he'd get laughed out of court. Are you seriously saying a cop could give a guy a ticket for *not speeding*, and only doing the posted limit ... in whatever lane ? I mean, sure he could write it up as "obstructing traffic" .. but :
Cop : Well, uh .. he, uh .. uh was driving exactly the posted maximum speed your honor.

Yes he can. Actually. You need to pass in the passing lane. Speed is irrelevant.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #518
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

your dead wrong. There is a reason why there are signs on every major highway telling you to stay to the right except to pass. If you don't it is a trafic violation.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #519
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
or people who eat all their fries, then move on to their burger/ sandwich.

The quality of fries falls qucikly with time out of the fryer. The burger's rate of decline is much more steady and is still very good when eaten.

Fries become old fries very quickly.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #520
spleen1015
Coordinator

The way other people drive is one of my biggest pet peeves.

If we are next to each other at a light and on the other side of the intersection your lane ends, don't race me to get in front of me then go the speed limit. Why are you in a hurry to go the speed limit? Must be WVU fan trying to ruin my day.

Also, don't be next to me, have a tractor trailer in front of you, speed up to get in front of me, then slow down and let the tractor trailer in front of you. WTF are you doing that for? Why did you need to get over if you don't mind having the tractor trailer in front of you?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #521
molson
General Manager

Quote:

A cop can't give someone a ticket for "not speeding", but he can write one for violation of §17C-7-1 (a) or (b).

It's probably a rare infraction, but the law is there. It is kind of tricky though, in that there's no clear line as to when you're "not passing", when the highway is busy and there's cars in both lanes. But I could see this coming up as a suppression issue in a case where a cop used this code section to pull someone over and then busted a guy for DUI or drug possession, it might be hard for the state to prove that none of the exceptions apply. But if you're say, totally alone on the highway, it's definitely illegal to drive in the left lane.

Last edited by molson : 07-16-2012 at 04:06 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #522
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The quality of fries falls qucikly with time out of the fryer. The burger's rate of decline is much more steady and is still very good when eaten.

You just start reading this thread?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #523
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Here's my being passed on the right story:

We were driving south on the PCH, from Fort Ross to Jenner, CA. Two lane road, with 100 foot cliffs on the right side dropping down to the ocean. I was being tailgated by a guy, and noticed there was a turnout at the next corner. As I pulled over to get into the turnout and let the guy pass, I catch him in my blind spot trying passing me on the right! There was a car already parked in the turnout, and I was sure he was going to plow into it. He whipped in front of me, barely missing the parked car, and kept on going.

A few miles down the road, we see him pulled over by CHP. About 10 minutes after that, he came barreling by again, this time passing on the left.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #524
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Yes he can. Actually. You need to pass in the passing lane. Speed is irrelevant.

Hmm. My point wasn't really that he "could" do it. Just that I think he'd be out of line for doing it, and I can't imagine it sticking in that scenario.

Quote:
your dead wrong. There is a reason why there are signs on every major highway telling you to stay to the right except to pass. If you don't it is a trafic violation.

Could be. Could be. But, I've never even heard of anyone .. ever getting a ticket for driving the speed limit in the left lane. Never. And, I'd be shocked to hear a firsthand story. I'm sure someone here has a "I was at the bar, and the bartender bought a dog from this guy who had it happen."

Anyway, it just baffles me. And maybe it's just my community, but this "left hand is a passing lane only" law, and "you must not be in it, unless you are passing someone" - it, just wouldn't fly. There is just way to much traffic on the highways to often to dedicate an entire lane to passing only. I really don't even understand it. I mean, assuming the folks in the center lane are driving the speed limit (which they usually are), would anyone ever even be legally allowed in the left lane - cuz, either they'd be not passing people, or they'd be speeding.

Just seems like a waste of a lane, and most days ... we need another lane or 2 on my way to work.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #525
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Anyway, it just baffles me. And maybe it's just my community, but this "left hand is a passing lane only" law, and "you must not be in it, unless you are passing someone" - it, just wouldn't fly. There is just way to much traffic on the highways to often to dedicate an entire lane to passing only. I really don't even understand it. I mean, assuming the folks in the center lane are driving the speed limit (which they usually are), would anyone ever even be legally allowed in the left lane - cuz, either they'd be not passing people, or they'd be speeding.

Just seems like a waste of a lane, and most days ... we need another lane or 2 on my way to work.

I think that is all fine and good. I think where WVU becomes the douche in this situation is when there is someone in the left lane who wants to pass he refuses to get over.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #526
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You just start reading this thread?

One of my Pet Peeves is when someone tries to establish time limits on when I can start reading a thread.

Actually, I was following "pass lane" discussion back to its starting point and it actually started with something you said three years ago, and I responded to another Pet Peeve of yours from that same post. So blame WVUFan, not me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #527
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

We were driving south on the PCH, from Fort Ross to Jenner, CA. Two lane road, with 100 foot cliffs on the right side dropping down to the ocean. I was being tailgated by a guy, and noticed there was a turnout at the next corner. As I pulled over to get into the turnout and let the guy pass, I catch him in my blind spot trying passing me on the right! There was a car already parked in the turnout, and I was sure he was going to plow into it. He whipped in front of me, barely missing the parked car, and kept on going.

A few miles down the road, we see him pulled over by CHP. About 10 minutes after that, he came barreling by again, this time passing on the left.

Well, at least he learned to pass on the left, lol.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #528
Radii
Head Coach

Isn't all this left lane stuff realistically about safety and less about getting a ticket? I don't really care which party is the asshole in the situation where someone going the speed limit doesn't want to move over for slower traffic. The guy going 70 and not moving over for the people who want to go 80 is helping to create a situation with aggressive driving that greatly increases the chance of an accident, which is never a good thing at 70 mph. All that matters to me here is that everyone involved has a higher chance of something terrible happening to them.

This segues nicely into my own general pet peeve with drivers... the # of people who are willing to risk serious injury to just be right in a situation on the road with a complete stranger that you'll never see again in your life is astounding. Yes, the guy tailing you too closely is an asshole, nothing you do with your car is going to change that, but lots of things you can do with your car could get your stubborn ass killed!

Last edited by Radii : 07-16-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #529
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
The way other people drive is one of my biggest pet peeves.

If we are next to each other at a light and on the other side of the intersection your lane ends, don't race me to get in front of me then go the speed limit. Why are you in a hurry to go the speed limit? Must be WVU fan trying to ruin my day.

Also, don't be next to me, have a tractor trailer in front of you, speed up to get in front of me, then slow down and let the tractor trailer in front of you. WTF are you doing that for? Why did you need to get over if you don't mind having the tractor trailer in front of you?

kindred spirits, you and i are.

I see so much dumb shit on the back roads of PA. People going slow, then racing me. People going 5mph under the limit, yet blocking the pass like a nascar driver. literally 15 car caravans forming cause the guy in front is going too slow, and nobody behind him has the balls to pass. Same person with that caravan behind him not having the sense/kindness to pull the fuck over and let everyone thru.

People slow passing semis.....hey fucker, this thing is a killer if the wheels blow, how about we fucking get past it before we sit on the cruise control again.

I'm not a speed demon either, I usually go somewhere around 5-8mph over the limit at the max. I just want traffic to keep moving.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #530
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

+1

Two possible scenarios. I eat everythung at about the same pace and as i near the end of the meal the fries are now cold and not worth it. Or, i eat them while they are hot and good.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #531
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
People that can't figure out the proper usage of well instead of good make me die a little inside

Well example. Some people just don't know good enough.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #532
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

As others have pointed out, it's not the 'speed' in that instance. I think you might be confusing the two. If you are not using the passing lane to pass someone, you are not supposed to be in that lane, regardless of how fast that person is going.

Story Time: When I was in the California Air National Guard, I worked with two guys that were cops. One was CHP and the other was a county sheriff. Since this is one of my pet peeves, I asked them what the 'rule' was. Both said, "If you're not passing someone, get the hell out of that lane". Why? Part of it was safety (pissing people off who then try and go around the vehicle on the right, etc...). Why isn't it enforced more? The answer was actually kind of funny....because when people see a cop behind them, they get over, so it makes it kind of hard to catch them. This is all anecdotal of course, but, made sense to me at the time.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #533
bhlloy
Coordinator

When I was at traffic school a few years back the guy running it said that law was on the books in California but it had only ever been enforced once and there was some sort of unwritten rule that they didn't pull anyone over for it.

He could have been pulling that completely out of his ass but I wish they would use it more, whatever the reason. Especially on freeways with a a slight incline.
Not uncommon to see all four or five lanes doing fifty as the assholes driving beaters won't get out of the way even though their shitty car can barely make it up the hill.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #534
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
When I was at traffic school a few years back the guy running it said that law was on the books in California but it had only ever been enforced once and there was some sort of unwritten rule that they didn't pull anyone over for it.

He could have been pulling that completely out of his ass but I wish they would use it more, whatever the reason. Especially on freeways with a a slight incline.
Not uncommon to see all four or five lanes doing fifty as the assholes driving beaters won't get out of the way even though their shitty car can barely make it up the hill.

+65 on that.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #535
Autumn
Head Coach

My housemate had an epic passing story somewhere out west with the long straight aways. Someone was passing her on the left, and then someone else started passing that car on the left, basically in the opposite breakdown lane. Then there was a car approaching from the opposite direction, and someone was passing that car. I want to say there was even a third passer in that direction, but that may just be wishful thinking.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #536
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sheesh. The PCH feels treacherous enough without being tailgated... let alone being passed on the RIGHT. Just cool your jets and enjoy the view...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #537
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
kindred spirits, you and i are.

I see so much dumb shit on the back roads of PA. People going slow, then racing me. People going 5mph under the limit, yet blocking the pass like a nascar driver. literally 15 car caravans forming cause the guy in front is going too slow, and nobody behind him has the balls to pass. Same person with that caravan behind him not having the sense/kindness to pull the fuck over and let everyone thru.

People slow passing semis.....hey fucker, this thing is a killer if the wheels blow, how about we fucking get past it before we sit on the cruise control again.

I'm not a speed demon either, I usually go somewhere around 5-8mph over the limit at the max. I just want traffic to keep moving.

I used to be a 15MPH over the speed limit aggressive asshole. I couldn't get any where fast enough. 3 speed tickets within 12 months this past year and I have realized that I am an idiot. I have to go to driving school or have my license suspended. So, I have been doing 5 over for about 2 months and I am learning to be patient. It was tough at first, but I can't afford to lose my license.

I used to think there were a lot of idiots in the left lane. There are A LOT more in the right lane. See Mr. Tractor Trailer I mentioned.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #538
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If it's your dog and it's not your yard, you have an obligation to pick up the poo. Don't shirk your responsibility.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #539
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
If it's your dog and it's not your yard, you have an obligation to pick up the poo. Don't shirk your responsibility.

I always pick up my dog's poo (in or out of my yard). Now my poo, I usually leave that for the neighbors. At least I never have to lie when I tell them that it's not my dog's.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #540
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Tangential to the shooting in Colorado, and fits better here, so posting here and not in that thread: I've always griped about parents who take young children to adult movies (6 year olds to horror movies, for example), but now I'll add to it parents who take young children to midnight movies...

Last edited by gstelmack : 07-20-2012 at 07:18 AM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #541
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Tangential to the shooting in Colorado, and fits better here, so posting here and not in that thread: I've always griped about parents who take young children to adult movies (6 year olds to horror movies, for example), but now I'll add to it parents who take young children to midnight movies...

I thought this might come up in the other thread and didn't want to be "that guy".

I agree with you and unfortunately have close family members that are guilty. I've refused to go to movies with them because of it - Hunger Games specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #542
Autumn
Head Coach

People who brag about the "scenery" in their office but refuse to post pictures.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #543
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
People who brag about the "scenery" in their office but refuse to post pictures.

+69

Old 07-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #544
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Man, my office has the best view in the city!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #545
Suicane75
Coordinator

Lando? You dick.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #546
muns
Pro Starter

when my damn girfriend decides to use cereal for her snack at work and I wake up to pour myself a bowl and there isnt anything in the box
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #547
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's one thing to run out of shit when you're poor. But we've been doing much better lately. But my wife refuses to make any mental notes when we are low on supplies. Stuff like toilet paper, napkins, trash bags, cat food. My short term memory sucks so I realize I could be more helpful. I also don't act oblivious with stuff like dish detergent packs.

Also, some day I will figure out which kid uses the last bread and sandwich meat. And then I shall destroy her.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #548
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

People who seem to think they're more important then they really are... you know the people who are really lames but pretend they're not.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #549
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
People who seem to think they're more important then they really are... you know the people who are really lames but pretend they're not.

These are probably the same people that think the government will wiretap/take their guns/whatever in the first wave of its establishment of a socio-fascist state.

--not trying to make it political, but I'm sure we all know these people that are positive to be first
Old 07-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #550
Rizon
Pro Starter

I do payroll. So when peeps who get their paychecks come to me and ask how many days they have of PTO ...

Employee: How many days of PTO do I have?

Me: On the paystub I just gave you there is a line that says PTO hours. What does it say?

Employee: Oh. It says 223 hours.

Me: How many hours a day do you work?

Employee: 8.

Me: Soooo .... 223/8 is ..... ?

Employee using calculator: 27.88 ....

Me: So you have 27.88 days.

Employee: Oh.

Employee: How many weeks/months is that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TripleFacePalm.jpg (36.1 KB, 299 views)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.

Last edited by Rizon : 07-27-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote