Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 PM   #501
Swaggs
Coordinator

Two third-rounders seems pretty steep for a solid, but unspectacular, RB with some mileage on him.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #502
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Because that Bills line is so great to run behind?

please. he's just another guy. nothing special at all.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #503
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
From an interview with Scott Pioli:

“Four of those picks, compensatory picks, will be picks we get that can not be traded.

Interesting twist. I wonder why some (all?) compensatory picks cannot be traded.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #504
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's just a part of the rules that Comp picks can't be traded.

My guess is that owners didn't want to give out comp picks and see them used to move up to get first and second round talent, but I don't know that for sure.

Last edited by JPhillips : 03-08-2007 at 12:44 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #505
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
please. he's just another guy. nothing special at all.

I'm just saying it's harder to judge. I would be more convinced if he were going to, say, Denver, but Baltimore traditionally has a pretty stacked line. I don't think McGahee is the greatest, but I think Washington was far more screwed by the Portis trade, even though Portis has put up great numbers.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #506
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

So, uh, who's Buffalo's RB now?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #507
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

Corey Dillon is in town for a visit. Did they resign the A-Train?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #508
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I believe I am.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #509
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I believe I am.

I hope you're a pounder.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #510
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I believe I am.

Wait. I thought you were Batman?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #511
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
Corey Dillon is in town for a visit. Did they resign the A-Train?

Corey Dillon decided not to make his visit.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #512
Hoya1
High School JV

I can see the Bills signing either Rhodes or Chris Brown and the A Train. Then they'll draft someone this year
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #513
Hoya1
High School JV

Now Willis can father some more children in Baltimore. In his 3 long years in Buffalo, he fathered 3 children by 3 different women.

#1 Dad
Old 03-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #514
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

He's only one ahead of Brady.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 03-08-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #516
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

'Hawks just cut Wistrom. He underproduced for his contract, but in this FA atmosphere, he's probably going to get some pretty good coin. Apparently, the 'Hawks liked Kearney alot better.

Is it just me or are the number of veteran cuts way more than expected? With all the cap room, it was thought teams would keep most of their players, but we've been seeing some talented guys getting let go in the week pre and post Mar. 2.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:28 PM   #517
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
'Hawks just cut Wistrom. He underproduced for his contract, but in this FA atmosphere, he's probably going to get some pretty good coin. Apparently, the 'Hawks liked Kearney alot better.

Is it just me or are the number of veteran cuts way more than expected? With all the cap room, it was thought teams would keep most of their players, but we've been seeing some talented guys getting let go in the week pre and post Mar. 2.

This is a move that had to be done. Wistrom has never lived up to his contract and so the chance to cut him and eat that money in a season where they won't be in cap trouble is a good move. I'm not sold on Kerney, but he can't be any less effective than Wistrom. Hopefully he and Tapp can supply some pressure while Fischer plays against the run/spells them both. Would imagine this means we're drafting a DE in the 2nd or 3rd round or whichever round isn't spent on going at guard.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #518
Izulde
Head Coach

Walker was decent in my opinion but not much more than a return man and #3 receiver. I'll take the 2nd and 7th rounders for him, thanks.

Porter I'm not sure about. The consensus here seems to be that he's overrated, which means he probably is.. but hey, who knows? Maybe he can do something.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #519
miami_fan
Coordinator

Does the signing of Porter signal a bit more 3-4 defense for the Dolphins?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #520
Hoya1
High School JV

Not sure if I heard this right yesterday, but I think Willis signed a new contract with the Ravens. 6yrs $40mil with $15mil guaranteed.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:32 AM   #521
Hoya1
High School JV

From ESPN:

Hours after the trade was announced Thursday afternoon, ESPN.com learned McGahee will sign a new seven-year contract with Baltimore, the last two seasons of which are options years, that can be worth a total of $40.12 million. In terms of so-called "new money," the contract places McGahee among the NFL's five highest-paid running backs.

McGahee will receive an initial signing bonus of $7.5 million and subsequent option bonuses of $6 million after the 2007 season and $1.5 million following the 2008 season, for a total of $15 million. The base salaries are $595,000 (2007), $605,000 ('08), $620,000 ('09), $3.6 million ('10), $6 million ('11), $6.5 million ('12) and $7.2 million ('13).
Old 03-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #522
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Does the signing of Porter signal a bit more 3-4 defense for the Dolphins?

I dunno, but it signals a bit of future cap hell IMO.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #523
Travis
Pro Rookie

Seahawks sign Deon Grant, most likely meaning the end of Ken Hamlin's career with the Seahawks.

So far, they've essentially traded Grant and Kerney for Wistrom and Hamlin while missing out on the top notch UFA guards, and have to make a decision whether or not to try and bring back Stevens as there sure aren't a lot of available TE's that can do what the Seahawks need a TE to do in this offense.

Granted, *hopefully* injuries don't play such a big role this year, so even minor improvements in the roster will be bolstered by that, but it's time we took a stride forward and improved an area rather than just replacing parts.

Personally, very disappointed that Hamlin is likely done as a Hawk. Very curious how that'll go over in the locker room as he seemed to be an emotional leader, even moreso than Wistrom already.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #524
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Seahawks sign Deon Grant, most likely meaning the end of Ken Hamlin's career with the Seahawks.

So far, they've essentially traded Grant and Kerney for Wistrom and Hamlin while missing out on the top notch UFA guards, and have to make a decision whether or not to try and bring back Stevens as there sure aren't a lot of available TE's that can do what the Seahawks need a TE to do in this offense.

Granted, *hopefully* injuries don't play such a big role this year, so even minor improvements in the roster will be bolstered by that, but it's time we took a stride forward and improved an area rather than just replacing parts.

Personally, very disappointed that Hamlin is likely done as a Hawk. Very curious how that'll go over in the locker room as he seemed to be an emotional leader, even moreso than Wistrom already.

I would like to see the Lions try and sign Hamlin. They wont though.

Their secondary sucks. Their current starting CBs are the oft-injured Fernando Bryant and Stanley Wilson or Keith Smith. Yes, that Stanley Wilson and that Keith Smith.

Their safeties are the disappointing Kennoy Kennedy and second-year Josh/Daniel (whichever one doesn't play for the Saints) Bullocks.

They need help.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #525
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoya1 View Post
From ESPN:

Hours after the trade was announced Thursday afternoon, ESPN.com learned McGahee will sign a new seven-year contract with Baltimore, the last two seasons of which are options years, that can be worth a total of $40.12 million. In terms of so-called "new money," the contract places McGahee among the NFL's five highest-paid running backs.

McGahee will receive an initial signing bonus of $7.5 million and subsequent option bonuses of $6 million after the 2007 season and $1.5 million following the 2008 season, for a total of $15 million. The base salaries are $595,000 (2007), $605,000 ('08), $620,000 ('09), $3.6 million ('10), $6 million ('11), $6.5 million ('12) and $7.2 million ('13).

Because this is an NFL contract, it's being reported horribly. This is a GREAT signing for both sides. Years 2011-2013 will never be paid out because McGahee will be old by then and all of the bonus money will be paid out already. This is a 20.5M contract for 2007-2010 which seems about right.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #526
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I would like to see the Lions try and sign Hamlin. They wont though.

Their secondary sucks. Their current starting CBs are the oft-injured Fernando Bryant and Stanley Wilson or Keith Smith. Yes, that Stanley Wilson and that Keith Smith.

Their safeties are the disappointing Kennoy Kennedy and second-year Josh/Daniel (whichever one doesn't play for the Saints) Bullocks.

They need help.

I'm curious to see whoever signs Hamlin, if it's as a free or strong safety. It's perplexed me to this point why they didn't swap Boulware and Hamlin on the Seahawks as Hamlin seems more suited to the SS role while Boulware I thought had the potential to grow into more of a ball hawking FS. If you're looking for tight coverage, Hammer won't do it for you, but big hits, momentum swings and emotional leadership are things he can bring to the table. Just need your other safety to be able to handle the majority of coverage responsibilities.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #527
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Their current starting CBs are the oft-injured Fernando Bryant and Stanley Wilson or Keith Smith. Yes, that Stanley Wilson and that Keith Smith.

Uhh, this Stanley Wilson?

Quote:
Ex-Bengal given 22-year sentence

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Former Bengals running back Stanley Wilson, whose NFL career ended when he used cocaine the night before the 1989 Super Bowl, was sentenced to 22 years in prison Friday for stealing about $130,000 worth of property.

Wilson, 37, was convicted last month of stealing jewelry, camera equipment and other valuables from a Beverly Hills home on Jan. 24, 1998.

Under the state's 'three strikes' law, prosecutors were seeking a 25-years-to-life term because Wilson had already served time for burglarizing two homes in Long Beach.

Superior Court Judge Frank J. Johnson eliminated one of the 'strikes' against Wilson, but sentenced him to the maximum on two others.

In throwing out the third strike, Johnson cited Wilson's 'mental problems.'

In addition to battling a cocaine habit, Wilson suffers from bipolar disorder, defense attorney H. Clay Jacke said. The affliction is characterized by alternating states of mania and depression.

Jacke said Wilson is 'a very good man with a very big (mental) problem.'

Wilson sobbed during much of the hearing in West Los Angeles Superior Court and as he began to make remarks to the court.

'When I left prison (the first time), I truly believed I wasn't going to do it anymore,' he said. 'I believed it in my heart. . . . I have always been against all these things I am charged with. . . . It's so strange. The person sitting here is not the person who . . . did these things.'

Later, Wilson told the judge: 'All I'm asking is . . . you do what you have the power to do.'

About a dozen people appeared to support Wilson, including his father, son and wife. Also there was the Rev. William T. Ervin, who played football with Wilson at Banning High in nearby Carson.

'Wilson has good character,' Ervin said. 'He comes from a family of good character. If he's given another chance at this point, he can run for the goal line.'

Wilson told authorities he burglarized the home because he needed money to feed his cocaine habit, according to Deputy District Attorney Suzanne Tragert, and for about a year before the burglary, Wilson had done construction and landscaping work at the house.

Wilson, who attended Oklahoma before joining the Bengals, was suspended for the 1985 and 1987 NFL seasons for drug violations.

In his lowest NFL moment, he missed the Super Bowl in January 1989 after being found the night before in a stupor at a Miami motel. The Bengals lost to the San Francisco 49ers, 20-16.

Wilson was banned from the NFL later in 1989 for the repeated drug offenses
Old 03-09-2007, 10:52 AM   #528
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Uhh, this Stanley Wilson?

No, thank god. Not that Stanley Wilson.

This Stanley Wilson:

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-09-2007, 10:52 AM   #529
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
If you're looking for tight coverage, Hammer won't do it for you, but big hits, momentum swings and emotional leadership are things he can bring to the table. Just need your other safety to be able to handle the majority of coverage responsibilities.

Kennoy Kennedy is supposed to have filled this roll, but I haven't seen it out of him yet. At all.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #530
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Just saw on TSN (The Sports Network in Canada) that Rhodes has signed with the Raiders. In true Raider fashion it may indeed be Arthur Rhodes the pitcher instead of Dominic Rhodes the running back.

Last edited by Oilers9911 : 03-09-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #531
spleen1015
Coordinator

Dominic Rhodes is an idiot.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #532
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
Just saw on TSN (The Sports Network in Canada) that Rhodes has signed with the Raiders. In true Raider fashion it may indeed be Arthur Rhodes the pitcher instead of Dominic Rhodes the running back.

Well, at least this confirms who the real Super Bowl MVP is.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #533
MikeVic
Head Coach

This is good news for Joseph Addai fantasy owners I think.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #534
AlexB
Pro Starter

Can't believe Randy McMichael has signed with the Rams - one of my favourite Dolphins has left.

And Patrick Ramsey is further proof that if you are a QB you do not want to be drafted by the Redskins - signs for the Broncos as back up/mentor to Cutler
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #535
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts View Post
Can't believe Randy McMichael has signed with the Rams - one of my favourite Dolphins has left.

And Patrick Ramsey is further proof that if you are a QB you do not want to be drafted by the Redskins - signs for the Broncos as back up/mentor to Cutler

Fish cut him, that's the only reason he was a free agent, right?

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:57 PM   #536
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Reuben Droughns to the Giants for Tim Carter
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:09 PM   #537
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post
Fish cut him, that's the only reason he was a free agent, right?

Yeah, we didn't want to pay him $3m roster bonus apparently, which admittedly was a decision there to be made. Whether he was worth the cap hit is very debatable, but I liked his hustle, as you apparently say over the pond..

Last edited by AlexB : 03-09-2007 at 05:09 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:04 AM   #538
Danny
Head Coach

Raiders signed Rhodes and FB Justin Griffith. Im very happy with these signings, especially Griffith.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #539
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Raiders signed Rhodes and FB Justin Griffith. Im very happy with these signings, especially Griffith.

I'd say it's a great move for those of us who hate the Faiders.

If Devil Davis, in his Commitment-to-Losing fashion, thinks Rhodes is going to fair better than Jordan, he is mistaken. Again. For the 500,000 time. Rhodes nets 3.3/ypc behind that line this year, max.

The signing of Newberry ... a guy who is too old, too hurt, and only played 11 games the last 3 years, isn't going to help them at all. But he'll start, because this is Jokeland we're talking about.

Griffith is a decent pickup, which means he'll probably be cut or trader for a draft pick to be used on a kicker or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.

Last edited by Rizon : 03-10-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #540
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Reuben Droughns to the Giants for Tim Carter

I like it.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:28 PM   #541
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
I like it.

Don't the Giants need a quicker RB though? To me he seems sinda redundant, but an excellent insurance policy in case Jacobs busts.

The lions just picked up a RB though. Some guy named T.J. Hooker or something like that. Don't know much more about him though...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:51 PM   #542
Mo.Raider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I'd say it's a great move for those of us who hate the Faiders.

If Devil Davis, in his Commitment-to-Losing fashion, thinks Rhodes is going to fair better than Jordan, he is mistaken. Again. For the 500,000 time. Rhodes nets 3.3/ypc behind that line this year, max.

The signing of Newberry ... a guy who is too old, too hurt, and only played 11 games the last 3 years, isn't going to help them at all. But he'll start, because this is Jokeland we're talking about.

Griffith is a decent pickup, which means he'll probably be cut or trader for a draft pick to be used on a kicker or something.

I am not sure about the Rhodes or Newberry signing except they seem pretty safe in terms of contract numbers. Griffith is a nice pickup, giving the Raiders a true blocking fullback for the first time since Jon Ritchie. I think Kiffin's offense is going to be a whole different animal than last years disaster. The o-line was in absolute disarray last year, but has the potential to have a remarkable turnaround. New o-line coach with an actual blocking scheme as opposed to "go knock someone down" approach by Slater and Eatman. But the biggest thing about last year's o-line was that two rookies started most of last year, gaining valuable experience. Things can turn in a hurry in the NFL.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:41 AM   #543
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Raiders looking good in offseason!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #544
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Stallworth to the Pats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2794615

As long as he stays healthy and out of the drug program, this is a good signing. As long as...
Old 03-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #545
Logan
Head Coach

Looking at the structure, it's going to be almost impossible for the Pats to keep him beyond one year.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #546
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Probably the plan, hopefully Jackson shows something and they don't need to.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #547
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Looking at the structure, it's going to be almost impossible for the Pats to keep him beyond one year.

Here's the numbers:

In all, it's a one-year $3.6 million deal that can be worth up to $4 million, or a two-year, $14.6 million deal that can be worth as much as $15 million, or a three-year, $19.6 million deal that can be worth as much as $20 million.

The Pats can then add on additional years at $4.5 million each, with a maximum contract value of $33.5 million.

But the only truly guaranteed money is $1 million. Not $12 million.

I disagree that he couldn't stay after one year. Remember, the cap just keeps on rising and if he catches 90 balls, they would be hard pressed to let him go. With that said, I could easily see a mediocre season (with possible suspension) and a release or a serious restructuring after this season too.

Anyway, I am thrilled with the Pats' offseason. They hit most of the holes and are ready for the draft. I am sure there will be a couple of nuts and bolts signings to come (likely a cheap vet DB), but we're good to go.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #548
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:

Anyway, I am thrilled with the Pats' offseason

I agree. Outstanding offseason.

And this signing brings the added bonus of meaning no Randy Moss.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #549
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post
I agree. Outstanding offseason.

And this signing brings the added bonus of meaning no Randy Moss.

Yep. No Randy Moss, and no loss of a draft pick to get him.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #550
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Geez, the Pats are still not done! They just signed former Bengal wideout Kelley Washington.

ESPN.com says the deal can be for as many as five years, with a maximum value of $22 million, but is also structured so that it could be as short as just one season. Washington will receive a signing bonus of only $300,000.

As is the case with the six-year contract agreed to with Donte Stallworth, the Patriots must pick up an option payment to retain Washington beyond the 2007 season. It is believed that payment is $4 million.

Wow, barring injury, it looks like Reche will be seeing the field very rarely. While I don't think BB was completely high on Reche (they only really signed him to be a #2 WR at best), I believe his 2 drops in the AFC Championship may have been his undoing in NE.

Still loving this offseason. As to the spending spree, BB has gone on record to say that basically whatever they didn't spend on Branch last year (since they budgeted to sign him) was moved to this offseason.