Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #501
miami_fan
Coordinator

This Cavs D is impressive.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:36 PM   #502
Groundhog
Coordinator

Delly!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #503
kingfc22
Head Coach

Warriors have ZERO rhythm on offense. Just forcing shot after shot.

And if Dellavadova is going to outplay Curry, well then...
Old 06-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #504
miami_fan
Coordinator

How many times have Warrior possessions consisted of one MAYBE two passes and shoot?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 06-09-2015, 09:49 PM   #505
kingfc22
Head Coach

This game's a wrap. Crazy to think this could be 3-0 if Shumpert's shot falls to end game 1.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:54 PM   #506
RainMaker
General Manager

Golden State has been exposed
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:58 PM   #507
Logan
Head Coach

Know it's dumb but this is where I miss having Bill Simmons being an active podcasting presence.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:01 PM   #508
miami_fan
Coordinator

I was just going to call for Blatt's job having Lebron on the bench.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:07 PM   #509
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lightbulb

Ain't over yet
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:08 PM   #510
bhlloy
Coordinator

Here comes the shitty refereeing
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #511
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Ain't over yet

Blatt gave them hope by sitting James. Should have kept the pedal down and rest him at the end of the 4th if they wrapped it up.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:11 PM   #512
kingfc22
Head Coach

David Lee providing what Bogut and Festus cannot with this matchup.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:11 PM   #513
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Know it's dumb but this is where I miss having Bill Simmons being an active podcasting presence.

Yeah.

I feel disconnected from series. Also end up having to work so I'm stream only and it's iffy.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:13 PM   #514
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I was just going to call for Blatt's job having Lebron on the bench.

That'll be when they hack-a-Tristan 4 straight possessions.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:20 PM   #515
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Oh look. That 20-point lead just evaporated.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:44 PM   #516
kingfc22
Head Coach

At least Curry found his shot again.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:46 PM   #517
kingfc22
Head Coach

Ehhhh...NBA refs for the win. Geez. Every year just so bad.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:46 PM   #518
bhlloy
Coordinator

How much are these morons getting paid?
Old 06-09-2015, 10:47 PM   #519
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Fucking refs
Old 06-09-2015, 10:47 PM   #520
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
How much are these morons getting paid?

Literally like 250k/season.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:47 PM   #521
kingfc22
Head Coach

Did like watching the two in the front row get wiped out.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 06-09-2015 at 10:48 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:48 PM   #522
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tommy Boy Crawford
Old 06-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #523
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Did like watching the two in the front row get wiped out.

Delladova diving at even the fans knees
Old 06-09-2015, 11:06 PM   #524
nol
Banned

I don't think Draymond Green has necessarily cost himself any money with this series, but he's definitely shown why any other team expecting to pay him the max and have him be one of the top 2-3 scorers would be making a mistake.

Also, how many more games do the Cavs need to win for LeBron to be Finals MVP? I don't think it's any more than 1.

Last edited by nol : 06-09-2015 at 11:16 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:30 PM   #525
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Was having that debate somewhere else nol. I don't think james can lose the MVP at this point. I don't care if the Warriors win 3 straight, Lebron is the performance everyone should remember.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:38 AM   #526
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Was having that debate somewhere else nol. I don't think james can lose the MVP at this point. I don't care if the Warriors win 3 straight, Lebron is the performance everyone should remember.

As great as LeBron has been, if the Warriors win three straight and Curry has three very good to great games, he will be the MVP.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:37 AM   #527
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I tend to let these things play out, but I'll call it now: LeBron over Darko was the right choice.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:20 AM   #528
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I officially do not understand basketball any more. I've never been more shocked by anything in the NBA than this series.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:47 AM   #529
miked
College Starter

I mean, I understand that he's scoring a ton of points, but he's barely shooting 40%. Is that good? Taking 35 shots a game to hit 12 or so? In game 2 where he "carried" the team he shot 30% from the field. I don't watch a ton of NBA games, but if good players took close to 35 shots a game (not superstars) could they score 30+?
Old 06-10-2015, 07:43 AM   #530
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I tend to let these things play out, but I'll call it now: LeBron over Darko was the right choice.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #531
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I mean, I understand that he's scoring a ton of points, but he's barely shooting 40%. Is that good? Taking 35 shots a game to hit 12 or so? In game 2 where he "carried" the team he shot 30% from the field. I don't watch a ton of NBA games, but if good players took close to 35 shots a game (not superstars) could they score 30+?

That last part is definitely true in average circumstances (some random regular season game in March), but getting that many shots up against the league's best defense in the playoffs is easier said than done - just look at James Harden's (definitely not just a good player) stats from last round to see how the turnovers start to pile up when a player takes on that much of an offensive load.

For that reason, the combination of points plus distributing is much more impressive than points alone. In game 2, LeBron had the ball in his hands for 15 minutes of game time while the Warriors team had it for 19 - this is just as big a part of what Cleveland's doing defensively this series as anything happening once Golden State actually gets the ball. He's basically putting up the numbers from Westbrook's stretch of the season that vaulted him into the MVP conversation, but James is doing it against the Warriors in June rather than the Sixers in February while playing much better defense as well.

Last edited by nol : 06-10-2015 at 03:30 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:25 AM   #532
Logan
Head Coach

Haven't looked at the numbers but I'm guessing that if LeBron just took the same amount of shots he did during the season when he had Love and Irving to help carry the load, his team would be down 0-3 at this point.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #533
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Jordan took 43 shots in a game against Phoenix in 93(The triple OT one). He averaged over 33 shots a game that series. Taking a lot of shots seems to tarnish a legacy I guess... Game 2 was also the first 35+, 15+, 10+ triple double in the NBA finals since James Worthy in 98. He is 3 NBA finals triple doubles behind Magic and just 1 away from taking the all time playoff record of 8 30-10-10 playoff performances. I'm more impressed by the back half of those numbers than the front part. If he was taking too many shots then he shouldn't be in double digits in assists (plus, he has no help, who is scoring?).

Pretty sure the 93 finals is the highest average a player has had in the NBA finals at 41 ppg.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:03 AM   #534
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
David Lee providing what Bogut and Festus cannot with this matchup.

Yeah, totally agreed. At least they put the ball inside the paint and even if David Lee isn't shooting, the ball then goes outside and gives "the freaking shooters" better position and rhythm to hit their outside shots.

Last edited by Alf : 06-11-2015 at 03:03 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #535
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The whole finals thing is just weird to me. If the Cavs win my "Bron just made the stupidest decision ever" take can rightfully be beaten over my head ... and yet if they do pull it off under the current circumstances it's a way better story in the grand scheme of things.

It's genuinely possible that he's even better than I thought he was and I already had him as the clear cut 2nd best to ever play the game. Even with this I don't propel him past MJ but ... well just damn, this borders on insane.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:17 AM   #536
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

My apologies to Groundhog, but I have been debating all series long so far which Aussie I would more love to punch in the face.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #537
Arles
Grey Dog Software

For you Game of Thrones fans:
Old 06-11-2015, 12:17 PM   #538
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:

Lebron this series (and much of the playoffs) is kind of like an elite Running Back from back when. He opens up everything else for the Cavs on offense. Sometimes they take advantage of it, sometimes just the RB and a stout defense are enough.

The Warriors have the luxury to revolve their entire defense around stopping Lebron, probably as much as anyone in history had that luxury. And they don´t deviate from that by an inch, even with Lebron shooting the ball crappy and posting subpar shooting percentages in general. That´s why no one is concentrating on it too much. As opposed to, say, the recent Spurs matchups with Lebron, where they got away with essentially guarding him 1:1 and also sagging off him.

Watching the games, this is maybe the most impressive feat over a 3 game playoff stretch i can recall.

That being said, the Cavs role players play their butts off and doing their part (its just that they are naturally limited, which is no shame). Dellavedova was insane the last 2 games, hope he´s really fine for game 4 (had to be hospitalized for Dehydration/Exhaustion after Game 3).

IMO, Curry needs to concentrate on being a Point Guard quite a bit more.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 06-11-2015 at 12:19 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:03 PM   #539
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The singer must have money on the over for the time for the national anthem...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:11 PM   #540
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Did we just see LeBron's dick?
Old 06-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #541
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

WTF, the last two threads that I have read are talking about dudes dicks (the jail break one and this one)...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #542
miami_fan
Coordinator

So it is still three pointers or bust for the Warriors? Not even going to attempt going near the basket?
Old 06-11-2015, 08:23 PM   #543
kingfc22
Head Coach

Warriors finally dictating the pace of the game which usually gives them an advantage.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 06-11-2015 at 08:28 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:24 PM   #544
miami_fan
Coordinator

THANK YOU!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:32 PM   #545
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

How can Crawford make that call from that position?
Old 06-11-2015, 08:58 PM   #546
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
How can Crawford make that call from that position?

Because he's Joey F'n Crawford
Old 06-11-2015, 08:59 PM   #547
kingfc22
Head Coach

James might need stitches if that's a deep cut.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:18 PM   #548
bhlloy
Coordinator

If the NBA can't find a better ref than Joey Crawford, fucking embarrassing. He makes Joe West look competent and professional.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #549
RainMaker
General Manager

Can we move cameras away from the baseline? I think technology has advanced enough where cameras can zoom in more than a few feet.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #550
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Can we move cameras away from the baseline? I think technology has advanced enough where cameras can zoom in more than a few feet.

He probably would have hit one of the extra seats that the owners would put in their place.