Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: What will the results be of the mid terms?
Red Wave- take control of both house and senate 23 50.00%
Blue Wave-keep control of both house and senate 4 8.70%
Split- Dems keep senate, lose house 19 41.30%
Split- Dems lose senate, take house 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2022, 05:12 PM   #501
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Congress can investigate anything it wants. It's one of those things where the idea is checks and balances; if they abuse their power, they theoretically get thrown out. It's like how impeachment has a lot of teeth in theory, a moderate amount historically, and jack diddly squat now because almost nobody from the party of Insert Public Official Here will vote to impeach them no matter what they did.

When you have a situation where abuse of power is the point, where people were put in office specifically to abuse it, and if they don't abuse it they are spitting on the voters who put them there and ignoring the campaign promises they made to get elected, you have a situation where our form of government no longer functions.

I have some more hope after the mid-terms, which is to say it's more likely that we limp along for another decade or two instead of another couple years before we have a full-on constitutional crisis and the republic collapses. There'll be more time for corrections to be made, but that only matters if people want those corrections made.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 07:00 PM   #502
Flasch186
Coordinator

I’m looking forward to members subpoenaing people that defy the subpoenas and then the members are reminded that they too failed to adhere to being subpoenaed. Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 03:28 AM   #503
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Expect lots of setting up false equivalences: "They won't comply with our subpoena where we asked for all of their damning evidence about that pizza sex dungeon. So when Trump was not responding to their subpoenas - that was the same thing"

And lots of repeat-it-enough-to-elevate-it: "As the representative from the great state of Texas, I'm going to say 'Joe Biden is a pedophile' over and over for the next 5 minutes to try and get it in people's subconscious"

So, basically, turning the House committees into Fox News for a couple of years

SI

That's such a rerun. Let's watch something else.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 07:05 AM   #504
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
That's such a rerun. Let's watch something else.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 07:18 AM   #505
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

They were promised a red wave, and dammit, they are going to pretend like it happened because all they were geared up for was an overwhelming "mandate" to crucify the other side and when that didn't happen, they had nothing to fall back on.

In fact, in some ways, this is better for them (and us) because this allows them to continue playing the grievance-victim underdog which is all they know how to do, and we (hopefully) will see a further increase in the number of Americans tired of the BS in 2 years.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 07:24 AM   #506
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The new line I keep hearing is they won "the popular vote" which is an odd thing to hear in a non presidential election
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 11:43 AM   #507
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The new line I keep hearing is they won "the popular vote" which is an odd thing to hear in a non presidential election

Yeah, saw a thread on this topic that revealed they had a dozen or so more candidates than the dems that ran entirely unopposed.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 01:59 PM   #508
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail

SI

so what are you saying? You want to nail boebert?
Old 11-19-2022, 06:31 PM   #509
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So William Timmons is my house Rep. He only has the job because his family bought it, literally the most important family in Greenville.

During election season, it came out he'd been serially cheating on his wife. The Democrats still likely wouldn't have a chance, but somehow a complete random ran because no one else would. Like I don't think the democratic party knew they had a candidate.

2 weeks after the affairs came out, the democrat challenger dropped out because he had too much to do at work. Basically made it so no one talked about the race or his affairs.

Timmons won re-election with ~90% of the vote (there was a pointless write in candidate for dems).

Today, his wife filed for irrevocable separation. I'd say it's highly unlikely he ever loses this seat now unless he quits to do something else.

Being a Democrat in a red state feels completely pointless.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 11-19-2022 at 06:32 PM.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 07:02 PM   #510
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's a good thing we have such partisan gerrymandering so this sort of situation never happens, just like in Georgia with Greene

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:56 AM   #511
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

time for obligatory joke of "sarah palin is so slow that it took her this long to lose the house seat"
Old 12-01-2022, 08:28 PM   #512
Edward64
Head Coach

Interesting post-mortem from 538

Did Redistricting Cost Democrats The House? | FiveThirtyEight
Quote:
By my reckoning, Democrats actually gained three seats from redistricting overall. In other words, without redistricting, Republicans’ majority would be closer to 225-210.
Quote:
Still, let’s engage in a few of the most commonly cited what-ifs.

Over the past year and a half, Democrats have filed several lawsuits against Republican-drawn congressional maps, arguing that they are illegal partisan or racial gerrymanders. Some of these were successful, like in North Carolina. But most weren’t resolved in time to prevent the Republican-drawn maps from being used in 2022.

But what if they had been? Specifically, let’s pose a set of hypotheticals ... (long list)

In this world, Democrats probably would have won five more seats than they actually did.
Quote:
The reality is, it’s impossible to say whether Democrats would have won the House in a world where no state was gerrymandered.
Quote:
[b]But let’s also not lose sight of the bigger picture. Votes are still being counted in some states, but[b] it looks like Republicans won the national popular vote for the House by about 3 points. The national congressional map used in the 2022 election may not have been fair, but a map that gave Democrats the majority despite losing the popular vote definitely wouldn’t have been. So it’s somewhat beside the point whether redistricting cost Democrats the House: Republicans won the most votes, so the most democratic (lower-case “d”) outcome prevailed.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 06:29 AM   #513
Edward64
Head Coach

Lot more demographic breakdown in the article. See that Obama is in town, that should help.

CNN Poll: Warnock holds a narrow edge over Walker in final undecided Senate contest | CNN Politics
Quote:
Overall, 52% of likely voters say they plan to support Warnock in Tuesday’s runoff and 48% pick Walker. Partisans on both sides are deeply entrenched, with nearly all Democrats (99%) behind Warnock and 95% of Republicans backing Walker. Independents break in Warnock’s favor, 61% to 36%, but make up a relatively small slice of likely voters, 17%, compared with 24% in a CNN exit poll of voters in the first round of this contest last month.
Quote:
White voters remain broadly behind Walker ahead of Tuesday’s election: 69% support him, with 30% backing Warnock, in the new poll, while Black voters likely to cast a ballot next week are near unanimous in their support for the Democrat (96% Warnock to 3% Walker).
Quote:
There is also a wide age gap in the upcoming contest, with voters under 35 sharply behind Warnock (74% to 25%), while those 65 or older break in Walker’s favor by 26 points (63% to 37%).

Old 12-02-2022, 11:38 AM   #514
BYU 14
Coordinator

The MAGA wins just keep coming

Quote:
In Maricopa County, a federal court judge awarded sanctions in a "frivolous" lawsuit brought earlier this year by Kari Lake and Mark Finchem.

“Imposing sanctions in this case is not to ignore the importance of putting in place procedures to ensure that our elections are secure and reliable,” U.S. District Court John J. Tuchi wrote, in a brutal 30-page opinion. “It is to make clear that the court will not condone litigants ignoring the steps that Arizona has already taken toward this end and furthering false narratives that baselessly undermine public trust at a time of increasing disinformation about, and distrust in, the democratic process.”
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:41 AM   #515
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He is so good at this...

Old 12-03-2022, 09:12 PM   #516
Edward64
Head Coach

Ready for Wed to get here.

I'm getting multiple flyers to vote every single, frakkin day. My wife has been getting a lot of text messages also. I've been blocking them and have not had one for the run-off so far.

Ready for Georgians to decide and let's move on.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:52 PM   #517
BYU 14
Coordinator

And the irony of this Clowns statement below, is he is saying, you're dumb, Herschel is dumb, but he will do what we tell him, so idiots unite and elect him. You can't make this shit up.

Quote:
Kennedy, while wearing a sticker reading “RUN HERSCHEL RUN,” railed against “these high IQ stupid people” running around Congress at a campaign stop in Loganville, Georgia, on Sunday afternoon. “These high IQ stupid people have an answer for everything. You know why? Because they think they’re smarter and more virtuous than the American people,” he said.

“These woke high IQ stupid people are easy to recognize. They hate George Washington. They hate Thomas Jefferson,” he said. “They hate Dr. Suess, and they hate Mr. Potato Head.”

To that end, the spud haters also, apparently, are going about their days carrying plastic bags full of hearty greens. “These high IQ stupid people walk around with ziplock bags of kale that they can eat to give them energy,” said Kennedy, who is notably an Oxford-educated lawyer pretending to be a regular man of the people. “If you want to eat kale, that’s up to you. I don’t eat kale. You know why? Kale tastes to me like I’d rather be fat.”
Old 12-05-2022, 05:07 PM   #518
Ksyrup

Not to mention, if you put aside his 1890s folksy schtick, the dude is actually one of the elites he's railing against, except he doesn't like to eat healthy, I guess.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-05-2022 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:42 PM   #519
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
And the irony of this Clowns statement below, is he is saying, you're dumb, Herschel is dumb, but he will do what we tell him, so idiots unite and elect him. You can't make this shit up.

These people are so weird. Like the whole rant against kale. I mean I get if people don't want to eat a vegetable or whatever, but how is that your political message? It just feels like guys who are really insecure about their masculinity.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 05:55 PM   #520
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
These people are so weird. Like the whole rant against kale. I mean I get if people don't want to eat a vegetable or whatever, but how is that your political message? It just feels like guys who are really insecure about their masculinity.

Everything with them is a culture war. People who eat kale are coastal left wing elitists who think they are better than the fried chicken eating hard working red blooded Americans.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:15 PM   #521
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

fried chicken is gross!
Old 12-06-2022, 06:54 AM   #522
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Not to mention, if you put aside his 1890s folksy schtick, the dude is actually one of the elites he's railing against

No one has more contempt for MAGA voters than the Ivy-educated politicians who pretend to be brain damaged squirrel hunters in order to pander to them.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 07:34 AM   #523
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
fried chicken is gross!

Using the 80-20 rule, you are obviously in the 20.

Fried Chicken popularity & fame | YouGov
Old 12-06-2022, 07:45 AM   #524
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
No one has more contempt for MAGA voters than the Ivy-educated politicians who pretend to be brain damaged squirrel hunters in order to pander to them.

It must be so frustrating for these guys. Most of them are really smart, the MTGs of the world aside, and they have to pander to these knuckle draggers or lose their primary.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:53 AM   #525
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
fried chicken is gross!

Old 12-06-2022, 08:24 AM   #526
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Everything with them is a culture war. People who eat kale are coastal left wing elitists who think they are better than the fried chicken eating hard working red blooded Americans.

Sitting here drinking my pre workout smoothie, that has Kale in it. I tried to emulsify Fried Chicken in my Nutribullet, bones kept getting in the way.

Maybe I can try some of that red light testicle therapy Tucker Carlson recommends to get my masculine male American card back.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:17 PM   #527
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Warnock winning in early returns, so he should just declare himself the winner. Thats how it works, right?
Old 12-06-2022, 06:18 PM   #528
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The good news is Warnock is winning by a wider margin in the early returns than he did in November. All trends looking great early.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:22 PM   #529
Ksyrup

Quote:
Warnock winning in early returns, so he should just declare himself the winner. Thats how it works, right?

Funny how Boebert won exactly like Biden but suddenly not a peep about any improprieties.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:31 PM   #530
Edward64
Head Coach

Whew, finally here. Hope it gets called tonight
Old 12-06-2022, 06:32 PM   #531
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think it may get called in the next hour or so.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:34 PM   #532
GrantDawg

Warnock actually is winning in some red counties in early voting. Wasn't the case in the November. This might be a huge win in the making.

Old 12-06-2022, 06:52 PM   #533
Ksyrup

Everything I'm seeing says this is going to be closer than Warnock wants.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:55 PM   #534
larrymcg421
Head Coach

NYT needle has Warnock with 58% chance. Way closer than I'm comfortable with

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:58 PM   #535
Ksyrup

It looks like they are both underperforming, but Walker is underperforming by more.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:07 PM   #536
Edward64
Head Coach

At least, if Walker loses, he won’t contest the results. And if he did, no one in GA will care
Old 12-06-2022, 07:15 PM   #537
Ksyrup

Only because it will be 3 weeks until he figures out he lost.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:19 PM   #538
Ksyrup

Old 12-06-2022, 07:19 PM   #539
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Needle moving in Warnocks direction. 71% now

PredictIt even more bullish at 92%

Old 12-06-2022, 07:23 PM   #540
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Only because it will be 3 weeks until he figures out he lost.

Difficult to contest GA results from his home in Texas

Old 12-06-2022, 07:24 PM   #541
GrantDawg

95% of Dekalb hasn't been reported, and 75%of Cobb. I don't know what is holding up Dekalb, but that will probably tell the story.

Old 12-06-2022, 07:29 PM   #542
GrantDawg

Baldwin County has officially flipped from Red to Blue. It was +0.5 in November for Walker, tonight it went +.02 to Warnock.

Old 12-06-2022, 07:44 PM   #543
GrantDawg

The NYT needle just died. That sucker is annoying.

Old 12-06-2022, 07:47 PM   #544
Edward64
Head Coach

My county has about 53% in and Walker is winning but at about 3% less than mid-terms. It’ll be interesting if this pattern holds
Old 12-06-2022, 07:56 PM   #545
GrantDawg

Dekalb just reported 43% of their votes, and the stare wide totals moved by 2% to Warnock.

Old 12-06-2022, 08:36 PM   #546
GrantDawg

Dave Wasserman says he has seen enough.

Old 12-06-2022, 08:43 PM   #547
GrantDawg

The thing is, this is totally a Trump-inflicted wound. If he hadn't gotten Walker to run, I think Gary Black probably would have pulled Kemp numbers over Warnock.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-06-2022 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:47 PM   #548
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The thing is, this is totally a Trump-inflicted wound. If he hadn't gotten Walker to run, I think Gary Black probably would have pulled Kemp numbers over Warnock.

Yeah. I heard earlier today something like 200K people voted Kemp but not Walker. That is staggering when you consider the times we live in.

Still amazing Walker is getting so many votes. I'm no senate historian but he has to be one of the worst candidates in history.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:51 PM   #549
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Yeah. I heard earlier today something like 200K people voted Kemp but not Walker. That is staggering when you consider the times we live in.

Still amazing Walker is getting so many votes. I'm no senate historian but he has to be one of the worst candidates in history.

Between that and Tuberville, the GOP needs to stop picking SEC footballers.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 08:53 PM   #550
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Times has Warnock at greater than 95% now.