Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #501
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I'm still trying to figure out how sponsor dollars work. It's pretty baffling that PSV consistently have more sponsor money than my Ajax team that has dominated the league and been very successful in Europe. I would think sponsors across the continent would be banging down my door, but for whatever reason, I can't even get more cash than a team in my own league.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #502
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Alright...feeling like I'm ready to restart my long-term career after the last one was wrecked.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:28 AM   #503
Icy
Pro Starter

I get 403 error at sigames forums since yesterday, i guess it's the same for everybody...

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #504
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I get 403 error at sigames forums since yesterday, i guess it's the same for everybody...

Working fine for me ....
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #505
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Working fine for me ....

+1
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #506
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I BET SOPA DID THIS SOMEHOW
Old 01-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #507
Grover
Pro Starter

Started a new long term game as FSV Frankfurt. Started in Germany's Division 2, after 5th and 7th place finishes we finished 3rd and earned a playoff with Nurnberg. 2-2 in the away leg, 0-0 at home. Onto the Bundesliga. A shoestring budget £150k/wk for salaries will make this a tough season, but we've got Hamit Altintop in for some top flight experience.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #508
korme
Go Reds

Could somebody please explain work permits, and which leagues require them?

Last edited by korme : 01-22-2012 at 01:40 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #509
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Could somebody please explain work permits, and which leagues require them?

They are required in the UK (England, Scotland, not sure if Welsh or N.Irish clubs can apply)

In real life the player needs to have played 75% of competitive games for a country ranked in the top 70 in the FIFA rankings over the previous two years. Injuries are taken into account.

If this is rejected, there is an appeal process. In the appeal process, the panel must decide whether the signing of the player would benefit the league.

EDIT - Players from the countries listed below do not need work permits.

Austria
Belgium
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
French Guyana
Germany
Greece
Guadeloupe
Holland
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Martinique
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Reunion
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom

Last edited by Ryan S : 01-22-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #510
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Any non-EU player who wants to live and work in the United Kingdom (so England/Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland) needs a work permit; it's basically a visa for the length of their contract.

Work permits are granted automatically to people playing in at least 75% of a decent national team's matches over the previous year or two. Otherwise, the club needs to argue that the player's a special enough talent to merit an exception, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. A super-talented young Brazilian attacker almost certainly will get one, a dodgy Egyptian keeper almost certainly won't.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #511
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Also, if Manchester United appeals for a work permit they always win.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #512
Blade6119
Coordinator

Looks like I ran into a bug, I sent 2 players on vacation for 1 week, and about 5 days later sent another player out for 2 weeks. In doing so, the original two had their expected return days reset to 7 days instead of 2. Just to test I waited another 4 days and sent another and all 3 original players had their expected dates of return pushed back to the original amounts.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #513
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So I finally restarted my "long game."

Won Serie A the first season as Juve. I think my takeover went poorly though and I fear we might run into financial issues.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-30-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #514
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Looks like I ran into a bug, I sent 2 players on vacation for 1 week, and about 5 days later sent another player out for 2 weeks. In doing so, the original two had their expected return days reset to 7 days instead of 2. Just to test I waited another 4 days and sent another and all 3 original players had their expected dates of return pushed back to the original amounts.

Yeah, that sounds like a bug. Make sure to report that at the SI boards please.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:58 AM   #515
Shepp
High School Varsity

Its already posted over there.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #516
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Getting turned down by all my high-profile transfer targets after the first season has given my ego a battering. I can pay enough for them, but none of them want to negotiate a contract with me - and by "none" I mean the 3 guys who I got fees agreed to for. Actually one of them negotiated a deal with me, I offered him 700k above what he wanted and a first team spot, and he turned me down for fucking Zenith St. Petersburg. Fucking Eastern Europeans.

Going to have to dig deeper to find a way to improve my team - not sure there will be a headline-grabbing attraction (yes - I got Man City to agree to a fee for Tevez ($25m), but he wouldn't negotiate a contract...prickly fuck. I was willing to assume the significant risk it'd blow up on me. Need reinforcements at striker for Champions League football. Could also use some reinforcement in DMC/MC, and reinforcement along the backline - particularly on the left and right). My preferred method of reinforcement is actually to bring in someone "over the top" if you will, someone better/equal to what I have currently and then push down my existing players and cut the dead wood at the bottom, rather than bringing in mediocre "depth" players. Already have mediocre "depth" players signed on the cheap for striker and defense actually.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-31-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #517
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I always get a good chuckle out of the posts from DaddyTorgo where he starts his career at the top level just because it seems so foreign to my experience.

I'm currently the coach of Ecija in the Spanish Second Division B4 league. Took over the team when it was in 17th place with 10 games left in the season and managed to coach them up to 7th place by the end of the season. Struggled the next season due to injuries and finished 10th. Cleaned house in my third year (lots of releases) and finished second in the league, losing in the last round of the playoffs. This year (4th year), I'm in first place in late December and have a good line of young talent in place. Some six figure offers now coming for two of my players, which is huge when you're a cash-strapped team. Transfer budgets for all four years have been around 7K and payroll is around 31K. Hoping to get that first promotion this year (2015).

I've put in a request to DaddyTorgo to wire $1M to me out of sympathy and friendship. No response yet.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've converted my team from a 4-4-2 squad to a 4-3-3 lineup with a lot of interchangeable M(C)/D(C) players. Helps to not have to carry any M(R) or M(L) players and allow for maximum flexibility on a tight budget.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-31-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #518
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Edit: Forgot to mention that I've converted my team from a 4-4-2 squad to a 4-3-3 lineup with a lot of interchangeable M(C)/D(C) players. Helps to not have to carry any M(R) or M(L) players and allow for maximum flexibility on a tight budget.

Staying away from positions/styles with expensive players can help a lot if you're on a restricted budget.

Avoiding wingers such as you have is one way - the best route for scoring if you're on a budget is generally go 'physical' and especially look at set-pieces, never underestimate goals from corners and as a surprise approach long-throws with a PPM ...
Old 01-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #519
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Staying away from positions/styles with expensive players can help a lot if you're on a restricted budget.

Avoiding wingers such as you have is one way - the best route for scoring if you're on a budget is generally go 'physical' and especially look at set-pieces, never underestimate goals from corners and as a surprise approach long-throws with a PPM ...

PPM?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #520
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
PPM?

PPM = Player Preferred Move, sorry I slip into our local work lingo now and again ...

The one I was thinking of was 'long flat throw' or something along those lines, basically think Delay at Stoke.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #521
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

I find the FPH, or Far Post Header from corners to be particularly dangerous. How else can Ryan Shawcross score 30 in a Premier League season...

Old 01-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #522
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I always get a good chuckle out of the posts from DaddyTorgo where he starts his career at the top level just because it seems so foreign to my experience.

I'm currently the coach of Ecija in the Spanish Second Division B4 league. Took over the team when it was in 17th place with 10 games left in the season and managed to coach them up to 7th place by the end of the season. Struggled the next season due to injuries and finished 10th. Cleaned house in my third year (lots of releases) and finished second in the league, losing in the last round of the playoffs. This year (4th year), I'm in first place in late December and have a good line of young talent in place. Some six figure offers now coming for two of my players, which is huge when you're a cash-strapped team. Transfer budgets for all four years have been around 7K and payroll is around 31K. Hoping to get that first promotion this year (2015).

I've put in a request to DaddyTorgo to wire $1M to me out of sympathy and friendship. No response yet.

FYI - I've started careers at bottom-level before. I had a great San Marino career where I took them from Serie C2 up to Serie A, only missing promotion in one season.

But Juventus is so near-and-dear to my heart I always find myself playing a long career with them. Just can't help myself.

But yes...I know it sounds whiny when I complain that I can't get Tevez to come play for me.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #523
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I find the FPH, or Far Post Header from corners to be particularly dangerous. How else can Ryan Shawcross score 30 in a Premier League season...

I go the other route actually - near post flicks from my 6'8'' central defender tend to give me a fair few each season .... although mighty Eastbourne tend to roll most teams without resorting to tricks in 2044
Old 01-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #524
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Phil Jones in FM 11 scored something like 16 goals for my Boro side, while playing tip top defense and ending up with a rating like 7.80 - ridiculous. The set pieces were responsible for 40-50% of my goals, at least.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #525
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Geez I am having real trouble getting my FC United boys to get promoted once even. (Blue Square North) was just out of the playoffs once but I seem to be landing midtable most years.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #526
Karim
College Starter

I have really given 2012 a chance but I cannot get used to the interface. I find that I'm being bombarded with too much information and don't know where to begin. What do I need to consider and what can I safely ignore?

Another problem I'm discovering is that since buying a new gaming laptop with 1920 x 1080 native resolution, the text in both FM2011 and FM2012 is just ridiculously small, even at 150% DPI on Windows 7. All of my Microsoft apps scale but FM does not. Lowering the resolution just makes everything fuzzy. At this point I'm no longer enjoying either product as it's putting a strain on my eyes. I checked the Preferences but couldn't see any setting to increase the text size.

Unless I spring for an external monitor, I think I may be out of the text sim market for applications that do not take High-DPI settings into consideration.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #527
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
FYI - I've started careers at bottom-level before. I had a great San Marino career where I took them from Serie C2 up to Serie A, only missing promotion in one season.

But Juventus is so near-and-dear to my heart I always find myself playing a long career with them. Just can't help myself.

But yes...I know it sounds whiny when I complain that I can't get Tevez to come play for me.

The great thing about FM. If you want to take a lower league team up, you can. If you want to see what level of domination you can have with a top side, you can.

I always have at least one long term Arsenal career and sometimes that's the only one I'll play. Options, options, options. My patience is growing thinner and thinner with games that demand I play them the way the developer wants me to play it. If I want to be a Dwight Gooden like fireballer at 20, MLB: The Show should let me do just that. I wish FM had some other options (like I would really like the ability to just sim a match if I chose to so I could have some uber long careers) That said, I love the ability to play have tons of money at my disposal or worry about bankruptcy my first season. My game, my choice.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #528
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I wish FM had some other options (like I would really like the ability to just sim a match if I chose to so I could have some uber long careers)

You can always go on vacation for a day to "simulate" matches.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #529
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
(like I would really like the ability to just sim a match if I chose to so I could have some uber long careers)

I know it is a management simulation but for years I have thought it would be cool if SI added a Director of Football mode, where you just act like a GM does in American sports.

Similar to conversations with players, you could even talk to your appointed manager about tactics or people who you want see starting more often.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #530
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
Another problem I'm discovering is that since buying a new gaming laptop with 1920 x 1080 native resolution, the text in both FM2011 and FM2012 is just ridiculously small, even at 150% DPI on Windows 7. All of my Microsoft apps scale but FM does not. Lowering the resolution just makes everything fuzzy. At this point I'm no longer enjoying either product as it's putting a strain on my eyes. I checked the Preferences but couldn't see any setting to increase the text size.

There is a skin which increases the size of the text. It is not perfect, but it makes a big difference when you are using 1920x1080.

FM2012 DPI Settings and Font Sizes

Post #82
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #531
Karim
College Starter

Thanks a lot, Ryan. I will give that a shot.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #532
korme
Go Reds

Thoughts on coaching National Teams? I'm enjoying my current run coaching Chesterfield, but Ireland just offered me the job as the HC of their national team.

It's certainly intriguing, I just don't want to leave my FC. Wish I could do both. Having never coached a NT, I don't really know what the job entails. Do I recruit players? Or just pick? I really don't know how it works.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #533
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Thoughts on coaching National Teams? I'm enjoying my current run coaching Chesterfield, but Ireland just offered me the job as the HC of their national team.

It's certainly intriguing, I just don't want to leave my FC. Wish I could do both. Having never coached a NT, I don't really know what the job entails. Do I recruit players? Or just pick? I really don't know how it works.

You can manage national teams and club teams at the same time.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #534
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

You can manage both a club team and a national team at the same time! You have a player pool to select players from, you can also scout the nationals and add/drop players to your selection pool.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #535
korme
Go Reds

Haha, wow. I was thinking that may have been the case, but didn't want to risk trying it! Well well well.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #536
Grover
Pro Starter

So I started a game in Italy... never ever play there. I was pleased to see a fire from flares / whatever in the stands. Very nice touch.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #537
Qrusher14242
High School JV

It's on sale for $14.99 for today only on GetGamesGo! They are a part of Eurogamer.net and i just bought it and they give you a steam key. It's the lowest i've seen it.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/football-manager-2012
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #538
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I might be insane.

There's a 15 year old striker I just found at AZ who could totally be amazing. 15 years old. Valued at 2.8m already. But AZ wouldn't sell them until I just got them to accept this deal...and I'm actually thinking of going through with it.

11.75m up front
50% of profits from next sale
23.5m after 30 league games
7.5m after 40 league goals
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (183.0 KB, 140 views)
Old 03-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #539
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay - I'm going to lose my shit.

My fucking game just did it AGAIN with the disappearing history. And yes, I've excluded all of the files/folders from the virus scanner and from the firewall and everything.

I'm fucking ripshit right now. This is ridiculous.

I'm about to give up on this version and just go back to 2011 where I didn't have this same goddamn problem like...4 times.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-04-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #540
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

That's a lot of money for a striker who doesn't project to be either a great athlete or finisher.

Even at 15, I'm not sure if the physical attributes are going to grow by more than 4 or so. And if he already has an U21 team cap, he probably has a higher than normal CA for a 15 year old.

How many stars did you scouts give him?

Last edited by Big Fo : 03-04-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #541
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
That's a lot of money for a striker who doesn't project to be either a great athlete or finisher.

Even at 15, I'm not sure if the physical attributes are going to grow by more than 4 or so. And if he already has an U21 team cap, he probably has a higher than normal CA for a 15 year old.

How many stars did you scouts give him?

Doesn't matter...the savegame is fucked...like all my others have been.

Scouts gave him 4 stars.

I just deleted all my game files and reinstalled everything. Maybe there was some sort of corruption in the local files as a result of something and that's been fucking up my history.

I'm just fucking ripshit because I've put 400 goddamn hours into these savegames and I'm essentially at groundzero multiple times now. I've got nothing to show for it in terms of history and a long-term game.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #542
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
It's on sale for $14.99 for today only on GetGamesGo! They are a part of Eurogamer.net and i just bought it and they give you a steam key. It's the lowest i've seen it.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/football-manager-2012

Great find, Qrusher! At that price (and now that I've fixed the font issue at High-DPI), I've finally caved in.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #543
korme
Go Reds

I need some advice guys! The year is 2022. My manager is world class. Four years ago, I was turned down by England, Italy & my own USA as Head Coach of the National Team. I really wanted to coach a National Team. I got accepted as head coach of Nigeria, who was 8th in the nation in world rankings. Four years later, Nigeria has a strong squad and is fourth in national rankings. Through awesome forums and help with tactics, I have a good enough gameplan to actually win the World Cup in 2022 (0:0, 2-1 PK against Brazil. Epic watch. 2-1 PK! 2-1! Not 5-4! Not 4-3!). Awesome. I am now considered one of the greatest managers in the world; African Hall of Fame Inductee. USA fires their head coach. What would you do, stick with your Nigerian (World Cup Champ) team who you have no real affiliation with and try to win back-to-back Cups for another 4 years or move on to USA and try to achieve glory never achieved there, where the stakes are harder (I think ~20th in the world ranked)... on one hand, how do I leave a nation I just won the highest glory at, on another... come on, a chance to coach my country? How do I pass that up?

Last edited by korme : 03-07-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #544
Barkeep49
Coordinator

What's the talent like? Will your window have closed in Nigeria? Is there talent in the pipeline for the US?

All that said it sounds like you don't have any great affinity for your Nigeria squad, so I would say make the leap.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #545
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Go for back-to-backs.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #546
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Take the US job ....

(says the man who's in his second stint as England manager in his own save - now in 2048, won the World Cup with them the first time around then got sacked after failing to do as well in the Euro's .... now back again 10 years later )
Old 03-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #547
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
I need some advice guys! The year is 2022. My manager is world class. Four years ago, I was turned down by England, Italy & my own USA as Head Coach of the National Team. I really wanted to coach a National Team. I got accepted as head coach of Nigeria, who was 8th in the nation in world rankings. Four years later, Nigeria has a strong squad and is fourth in national rankings. Through awesome forums and help with tactics, I have a good enough gameplan to actually win the World Cup in 2022 (0:0, 2-1 PK against Brazil. Epic watch. 2-1 PK! 2-1! Not 5-4! Not 4-3!). Awesome. I am now considered one of the greatest managers in the world; African Hall of Fame Inductee. USA fires their head coach. What would you do, stick with your Nigerian (World Cup Champ) team who you have no real affiliation with and try to win back-to-back Cups for another 4 years or move on to USA and try to achieve glory never achieved there, where the stakes are harder (I think ~20th in the world ranked)... on one hand, how do I leave a nation I just won the highest glory at, on another... come on, a chance to coach my country? How do I pass that up?

U! S! A!, U! S! A!, U! S! A!

Plus, a Nigerian prince once cheated me out of a bunch of money by email.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #548
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Happy FM12 Patch Day:

Along with the update from the January Transfer window, this patch has:

-----------------------------
Football Manager 2012 v12.2.0

General
=======
- Adjusted the selection process to decide which cities get new stadiums built for hosting international competitions
- Fixed issue where possible opposition team lists were not being filled correctly for a minor club when arranging a friendly.
- Fixed old extended leaves being prolonged when giving out new leaves to new players.
- Fixed crash when a player had been released from their club but the tutoring wasn't cleared down.
- Designated players and Marquee reports from the assistant are now including only players effectively interested in joining the user team.
- Fixed potential for snow in cities where freezing temperatures are not set in the db for a particular season.
- Fixed crash when going to the board request screen when the club doesn't have a chairman.
- Fine tuned squad morale slightly against league position
- Allowed player morale to remain high or low for a bit longer after a significant event eg winning a competition, promotion, relegation etc
- Fixed issue where players don't return from international duty immediately after a finals competition.
- Fixed issue where newly promoted team to a new league just been added was unable to be taken over by a human manager.
- Winning team manager stats are now updated as soon as a team wins a league, not at the end of the league.
- Adjusted the chances for a stadium being expanded after being selected to host a major competition.
- Fixed network game crash when the client selects to view a staff’s profile.
- Fixed a bug where contract renewals made by the user were breaking the club salary cap in USA and in Australia.
- Fixed players who have decided to leave on a free transfer general happiness stating they don't want to leave the club.
- Fixed preferred foot selection when reading in future newgens from EDT files
- Adjusted general player progression and production of newgens in in-active nations.
- Fixed potential crash if assistant manager reporting on international players has no contract with club team.
- Adjusted the age limit for being a candidate to tutor another player.
- Improved Best Eleven selection.
- Fixed some instances of players unrealistically rejecting loan moves to feeder clubs.
- Fixed Best Player in Europe achievement.
- Fixed player being described as being stripped of the captaincy when he in fact resigned it.
- Stopped B club players getting annoyed when removed as captain after being promoted to the senior side.
- Fixed a rare crash when saving the game just after resigning/being sacked from a club side.
- Fixed issue where user could not control reserve team in matches sometimes.
- Fixed clubs promoted to the BSN/BSS without managers do not appoint managers.
- Carlos Tevez is no longer transfer listed by request at the start of the game.

Backroom Advice
===============
- Stop backroom staff recommending retraining a player in a different position when those games were for a team he went on loan to.

Biography
=========
- Fixed instance of empty space at beginning of biographies for some players.
- Fixed information on player's winner’s medals being occasionally incorrect if player had particular history movements.

Board Requests
==============
- Big clubs can no longer request a parent club.
- Now able to upgrade training facilities after they've been downgraded.
- Disabled been able to request a parent club if the teams current parent club is a permanent link.
- Disabled Italian teams from been able to purchase a council owned stadium due to them been shared between two teams
- Made boards more willing to accept a request for a new contract.

Competitions
============
Argentina
---------
- Best performing Argentine team in the Copa Sudamericana now qualifies for the Libertadores when Argentina is an inactive league.

Asia
----
- Fixed players on trial being able to play in Asian Continental Club competitions.
- Fixed foreign player rule for the Asian Champions League and Asian Confederation Cup.

Australia
---------
- Avoid the possibility to have 2 Marquee players in the squad when buying one and renewing a contract from Full time to Marquee at the same time.

Belarus
-------
- Added winner/loser prize money to Super Cup.
- Main Cup 3rd round, 4th round and Semi-Final now just one leg.
- Fixed Highest League fixture clashes.
- Adjusted number of teams for Highest and First League for season 2011 and 2012.

Brazil
------
- Updated National Second Division prize money.
- Updated first international transfer window closing date for 2012 onwards.
- Updated Cup appearance/prize money.

Bulgaria
-------
- Fixed "A" Group foreign player rules.
- Fixed winter transfer window.

Croatia
-------
- Fixed winter transfer window.
- Updated First Division 2012/13 dates

Continental
-----------
- Fixed missing extra-time in Club World Championship semis and final not being on Sunday.

Denmark
-------
- Kolding IF and Kolding BK unblocked from various Danish competitions.
- Removed U21 requirements when home team is from the Danish Series or the Danish Lower Division.
- Stopped Superliga teams getting prize money for win or draw after each match.

England
-------
- Fixed an issue with fixture scheduling in the Premier Division around Xmas 2021.
- Fixed FA Trophy Final never being played at Wembley.

Europe
------
- Champions Cup group stage is not treated as a "later stage" now.

Finland
-------
- Adjusted Finnish Cup attendances.

France
------
- French CFA should now be getting history updated every year when it’s not active.
- Made clubs from French Territories that take part in the French Cup a little bit more varied.

Germany
-------
- Overage players can now play in U23 team friendly matches.
- Fixed wrong team shown to be at home for Super Cup after a team has won the double.

Hong Kong
---------
- League Cup history is now updated correctly.

India
-----
- Updated National Football League schedule.
- Updated Durand Cup.
- Updated second transfer window.

International
-------------
- Fixed an issue where wrong nations were qualified to the Olympic Games in future years.
- Fixed an issue where player bans were not being updated for certain matches.

Israel
------
- Beitar Jerusalem deducted 2 points.

Italy
-----
- Fixed Serie C1 and C2 clubs not being able to buy Non-EU players based in Italy.

Mexico
------
- Fixed Mexican Promotion League Opening/Closing Stage wins not being recorded in Player Achievements.
- Fixed teams playing matches against the same team either away or at home for both Opening and Closing stages of Mexican First Division and Promotion League.
- Fixed mid-season transfer window.

Peru
----
- Fixed teams having a friendly in-between the first and second league games.

Poland
------
- Updated Super Cup rules.
- Updated U18 disciplinary rules.
- Updated FA Cup disciplinary rules.

Portugal
--------
- Fixed Portuguese Second League clubs having short summer break for players.
- Fixed match rules for the League Cup.

Romania
-------
- Fixed Second League first 11 U21 rule (should be players born after 1.1.1990).

Russia
------
- When starting the game in July 2011, the Russian Super Cup in 2012 is now setup with the correct teams.
- Russian teams now play friendlies in their winter break.
- Fixed transfer windows from the 2012/13 season onwards.
- Fixed Premier Division matches being rearranged to be played during the winter break.
- Changed Cup prize monies from US Dollar to Russian Ruble.
- Premier League schedule and rules updated for season 2012/13 onwards.
- Changed generic newgen start age from 15 to 16.
- New Foreigner rules added.

Serbia
------
- Fixed missing disciplinary rules for First Division.

South Korea
-----------
- Fixed second reserve group teams only playing each other twice.
- Updated relegation system.

Spain
-----
- Non-EU Under 19 players in Spain now need to be registered in order to play.

South America
-------------
- Fixed squad registration date for the South American Recopa being too early.

Switzerland
-----------
- Sion deducted 36 points.

Turkey
------
- Turkish 2nd division now stays at 17 teams per group with 3 teams relegated each season.
- Updated Turkish Cup format.

USA
---
- No more virtual players displayed in the MLS Combine on match day unless they are absolutely necessary due to players multiple injuries.
- Discovery Player rule has been improved.
- Fixed Weighted Lottery player to not always have a contract set after they've been assigned to a club.
- Players wage demands in the scout reports have been improved.
- Fixed issue with Sporting Kansas City players making debuts when they played for the old Kansas club.
- MLS Academy Apprentice contract wages are now correct when the players got generated.
- Goal bonuses are now available on MLS contracts.
- Fixed allocation funds to be increased of max 650k $ when a MLS club receive money from a transfer made with monthly payments.
- Fixed an issue where players could be signed in the MLS even if they were going to break the salary cap without the possibility to remove any other players from the squad to make more room.

Uruguay
-------
- Universidad Católica now play their home games against Colo Colo and Universidad de Chile at their own Stadium.

Wales
-----
- Fixed format of the Welsh League Cup.

Confidence
==========
- Add some gradual wage confidence changes when the manager has been in charge of the club for less than a year to stop huge jumps in confidence.

Editor
======
- Added missing Australian marquee player types to the editor.
- Fixed issue with neutral venues being used for a league stage if a previous competition was using a host nation.
- User can now block promotion for B/reserve teams in a league if they come within 2 divisions of their main team.
- Fixed Finnish lower divisions not being able to be added via the editor.

Finances
========
- Slowed down the decay of modern new stadiums for clubs in financial difficulties.
- Balanced costs of youth/training facility expansions
- Adjusted non-player wages.
- Adjusted Greek sponsorships.
- Exchange rate issue for record transfer fee.
- Adjusted Chinese ticket prices.
- Fixed Colombian team's estimated values rising greatly at unusual times.
- Adjusted relegated team wage budgets.
- Adjusted Romanian finances.
- Fixed wrong amount in news about sponsorship in Brazilian First Division.
- Fixed San Marino (club side) does not get any TV Money when promoted to Serie A.
- Added Rangers, Darlington and Portsmouth starting in administration with points deduction.
- Adjusted Romanian youth scheme costs.

International Management
========================
- Fixed AI manager reported as sacked when he is stepping down after winning the European Championship.
- Fixed new manager resigning after competition finishes, despite manager responsible for poor performances having already been sacked.
- Holiday to Next Squad Selection Date will now holiday to the earliest squad selection date of any national team the human controls.
- Added 'Take Control' button to news item asking about whether you want to take control of newly-created Olympic team.
- Improved AI squad selection with regard to the number of strikers selected.

Manager Interaction
===================
- Competition winning topic is now available immediately after a team wins a league or cup.
- Fixed code in possible comment in the recent signing topic.
- Fixed code in pitch condition comment.
- Fixed responding to a manager who has been negative towards you allows you to say “it is nice to receive positive comments”.
- Fixed journalist name appearing instead of manager's name in overachieving comment by AI manager to human.
- Fixed code in Manager Interaction news item concerning Club Survival Chances -
- Fixed appears in AI Manager comment on user's high flying team
- Fixed being able to state other managers have criticised another manager when no comments have been made about them in the press
- Improved managers comments about other managers playing style

Match
=====
- Fixed issue where having assistant manager in control of reserve team team talks didn't work correctly.
- Reserve/youth team now fill the bench with more players when playing the first team.
- Made AI teams use touchline instructions to target teams playing without full backs
- Fixed AI teams sometimes over-rotating team in important cup matches, or the last game of the season

Newgens
=======
- Fixed cosmetic news item issue with youth intake news if club has no youth team
- Adjusted randomisation of newgen mental attributes at creation
- Adjusted the number of players in American dev league teams over time.

News Items
==========
- Fixed appearing in "Injury Worry" news item after announcing squad.
- Fixed news item concerning a team's history of tournament qualification being incorrect.
- Some pre-match strings have been improved.
- Fixed rare instance of newly-transferred player potentially stating that he is looking forward to playing with a former team mate.
- Fixed competition bidding news item using wrong year when announcing final hosts.
- Fixed no button being available on the news item to chat with an unhappy player when he has gone public with his unhappiness.
Fixed code appearing in competition joint hosts announcement mail.
-Fixed 'without a club for a short time' for players who had been without a club nearly a year.
- Stopped news item potentially advising setting non-contract player to be made available for loan.

Non Player Movement
===================
- Fixed issue that was causing A-league clubs to hire 23 year olds as managers.

Player Interaction
==================
- Recommend possible future staff role conversation no longer ends after the initial suggestion.
- News item about player having their transfer request refused no longer refers to a 24-year old player as an "ageing".
- Players are B and C teams now report their happiness to the B and C team manager rather than the A team manager.
- Stopped players who have just returned from a leave of absence getting unhappy about lack of first team football.
- Stopped players unhappy about a lack of first-team football having their unhappiness removed in the close season.
- Stopped players thinking moving to club more at home will not make him feel more at home via homesickness conversation.
- Stopped players who are already unhappy about wanting to leave getting upset about not wanting to leave.
- When a user takes over a new club, players who were already at the unresolvable stage of unhappiness will now hold a private chat.
- Fixed players getting unhappy about the team underachieving in opening and closing stage leagues when the team has won the opening stage of the competition.
- Players are now transfer listed by request when they come asking to leave and the manager agrees to sell them as soon as possible.
- If a player is unhappy about the number of rivals at the club but are getting first team games they will no longer request to be transfer listed.
- Players who are on holiday or on a leave of absence can no longer have private chats.
- Players are now transfer listed when the user uses the statement "This was only going to be a warning but if that is your attitude I'm going to transfer list you now" in the warning transfer listing conversation.
- Fixed not been able to give into players when first talk to them about wanting to leave the club.

Press Conferences
=================
- Fixed press conference discussing chances of avoiding relegation when team has already ensured safety.
- Fixed contradictory press conference news item saying the manager is 'pleased with squad' despite stating areas could be strengthened.
- Fixed press conference question being asked about opposition goalkeeper being injured with all substitutions made so outfield player has to go in goal as if it applied to your team.

Team Meetings
=============
- Previous team meetings are now available from the team meeting screen.
- Improved player reactions in team meetings.
- Stopped the user been able to hold an inappropriate team meeting after losing in the play offs.
- Stopped team meeting suggestions been sent on the same day as a human has a game as it ends up telling the user they can't hold a meeting.

Scouting
========
- Scout of smaller club returning with a low amount of results when being assigned to scout a nation he has full knowledge of.
- Ensured scout only takes a day to scout a full knowledge nation, when part of a region/continent.
- Stopped user in charge of big club from being recommended players of a poor standard by a top scout.
- Helped prevent user from getting duplicate scout reports on same day from same scout.

Transfer/Contracts
==================
- Ensured smaller club's reputations don't fluctuate too much when signing/selling players.
- Fixed 'Contract Length' being blank when starting contract negotiations in some cases.
- Stopped player midway through loan getting another loan offer accepted by parent club and moves to new club.
- Got AI Teams to respond after user offers their negotiated transfer terms for their player.
- Encouraged AI Teams to be more pro-active to offload players who they aren't going to register for the League.
- Reduced amount of players from a number of different leagues are moving to the Middle East.
- Stopped user being able to offer a higher wage percentage than the board are allowing for a loan deal.
- Stopped players wage dropping due to activating a 'Wage After Reaching League Games' clause after initially seeing his wage rise due to the 'Match Highest Earner' Clause in his contract being activated.
- Encouraged Spanish lower league sides to not sign as many free transfers which was leading to bloated squad sizes.
- Encouraged youth players who were previously unwilling to enter contract negotiations with newly appointed manager, to enter negotiations.
- Fixed problem with Swedish youngsters unwilling to move from youth contract to part-time contract.
- Stopped player demanding 'Team of the Year' bonus, despite the division not having a team of the year award.
- Fixed player on trial stating he has previously been offered a contract when he hasn't.
- Stopped player stating it would be a dream to sign for the users club, when contract talks have previously failed.
- Allowed user to be offered a part time contract that they can accept without altering the 'Contract Type' dropdown box.
- Finnish youth contract wages after 20 games clause demands reduced.
- Fixed user not being able to progress past a 'Must Respond' news item regarding a co-ownership decision.
- Fixed being on holiday when a transfer offer is accepted leads to the news item missing the Offer Contract button, news now appears.
- Stopped important team players being transfer listed and loan listed when nation not active.
- Fixed when attempting to sell players with admin club the deal will fall through with no explanation.

UI
==
- Fixed issue where 2 red cards are shown on match screen timebar when only 1 was given.
- Uefa nation coefficients now show correctly when starting the game before June 2011.
- Fixed issue with team award formation panel sometimes not using correct colours for players.
- Added missing team talk tone information to the assistant team talk feedback panel.
- Fixed bug where hitting Live just after a replay starts, doesn't restart the match.

Football Manager 2012 v12.1.1 Changelist

- Fixed biography-related crash when viewing the profile of some newgen players
- Fixed rare issue allowing Belgian clubs to enter two divisions
Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #549
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Patch is out to steam and you should be able to download it within the next hour or so:
Old 03-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #550
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Is it going to fix my issues. I'm discouraged from starting a new game at the moment due to them.

I wonder - could it have something to do with my primary save location being my Dropbox folder?