Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #501
st.cronin
General Manager

Yeah, I actually like ardent as a wizard - just a hunch.

Dubb and lathum jumped out at me, as well, as did Coffee. All three I consider somewhat suspicious at this point.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #502
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I like St. Cronins argument but I also like players who are active. Until we here more from him

Vote Superman54

For now I've got to agree with this...

Vote Superman

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #503
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't think Superman even voted, which would be strange if he were a death-eater.

knives out
Old 01-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #504
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Now it looks like I started a band wagon...I'd love to jump off now that he's here, but it looks like in order to have some self preservation I need to stick on him.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #505
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola -
Superman say something so I can move my vote from you....even if it gets me lynched.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #506
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana

Votes from Day 1
Ardent (2) - by coffee warlord, schmidty
Blade (1)- by jeeber
desnudo (1)- by grammaticus
coder (1)- by RA
RA (1)- by coder
Kwhit (1)- by king
Jeeber - (1)by dacman
superman (2)- by barkeep, blade
neon chaos (2)- qwikshot,ardent
jesse ewiak (1)- by path12
Qwikshot - (12)by neon, rpi-fan, cronin, taz, alant, mr. w, kwhit, lathum, sndvls, jesse, dubb, desnudo

no votes: pass, wvufan, superman

Pass, wvufan and superman all didnt vote on day 1
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #507
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
In Ardent's case, it seemed like self-preservation to me, which good or bad probably was a good reason. He was tied and didn't want to put his fate at the risk of a tiebreaker. So that move does not jump out at me really badly.

The two that jumped out strongest to me in the bunch was Dubb who started the initial bandwagon for Neon with the second vote for him (but then later bailed when others started voting for him), and Lathum who voted for Neon because someone else switched off of him.
Right now without a whole lot more to go on, I feel pretty ok with St.Cronin if Neon is vouching for him, so that clears 2/24 players. I'm not voting yet, going to wait for more discussion and see what happens, but right now I'm just basing my possible vote on how people behaved.

actualy that wasn't my reason for Neon. My vote for Neon was totaly random and I switched once he revealed his role early on.

The comment about being suspiscous of bandwagoners switching votes was completly seperate from my vote.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #508
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

A vote on me would be wasted let the DE attack me first before I die...
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #509
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

I'm not going to bandwagon on SnDvls, there is no reason to. I save a vote for later. Continue to badwagon on me, and lose an ally.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #510
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman=#54
A vote on me would be wasted let the DE attack me first before I die...
interesting...
Old 01-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #511
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

As a side note, I believe that Blade6119 was a Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher.

Quote:
You find books of defensive spells and reference manuals with information of how to do battle against various beasts and forms of magic.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #512
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'm not going to bandwagon on SnDvls, there is no reason to. I save a vote for later. Continue to badwagon on me, and lose an ally.

Can you explain why you didn't vote on Day 1? That might help some wizards vote for somebody else.

knives out
Old 01-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #513
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I appriciate that...hopefully this doesn't get me lynched today by doing this.

UNVOTE SUPERMAN
Old 01-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #514
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
As a side note, I believe that Blade6119 was a Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher.

Like that guy from the movie with the funny Eye?
Old 01-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #515
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
As a side note, I believe that Blade6119 was Defense Against The Dark Arts
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 01-10-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #516
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Can you explain why you didn't vote on Day 1? That might help some wizards vote for somebody else.

I wasn't able to keep up with all the posts, and by the time the deadline came I could not make an informed desicion. This time I will vote, because I am all caught up.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #517
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Why should we believe you Superman? And why are you making out like you want to be attacked by the death eaters? You have some answering to do after not even checking in yesterday.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #518
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Why should we believe you Superman? And why are you making out like you want to be attacked by the death eaters? You have some answering to do after not even checking in yesterday.

No kidding, I didn't like that answer either.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #519
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Like that guy from the movie with the funny Eye?

Which explains why he died! After all, the DADA teacher never lasts more than a single year...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #520
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Coder

what doesn't make sense about coffee's argument?

Reading his post once again, I might have been reading it wrong the first time.

However, the way I read it was that he made Neon out to be evil (?).

"After Neon fingered Qwik, and eventually was proven to be evil"

Reading it again I'm sure he means that Qwik was evil...

However, he also seems to be diverting votes away from himself and his own action.. he was also very quick to get the voting going without mentioning his own name.. further more, he "had to" post how all he had was a wizard hat and a wizard's robe!? Bla bla ;-)

To be honest, I don't see what the "band wagon" jumpers did that was wrong.. I would have done the same had I not been asleep when Neon revealed Qwik. Why NOT vote out the most obvious choice? That's one less deatheater for the night instead of spreading the uncertainty and possibly kill an innocent wizard..

My vote stands.. Coffee is too anxious to prove other people's actions wrong rather than defend his own.. ;-)

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #521
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I actually like ardent as a wizard - just a hunch.

Dubb and lathum jumped out at me, as well, as did Coffee. All three I consider somewhat suspicious at this point.

It is standard first day fare. My 1st vote for Neon was a joke. If you would have been around long enough you would realize he has DM'ed about 70% of these games. That is why I said I always wanted to do that and included a smiley. When I voted for him I glanced over the 1st vote that was put on him.

Qwik came in and tried to start a bandwagon against an innocent player. I wasn't willing to give up Neon, who I figured would know more about werewolf than anyone else. Afterall, he has DM'ed all those games and has seen how people on both sides act. That is when I moved my vote off of him. I went out for my anniversary, came back and saw Neon's reveal. Knowing he is a good player I believed him and voted with him. Would you rather me have left my vote on an unknown?
Old 01-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #522
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't have any problems with people who jumped to vote for Qwik either on day 1. It seemed to be the best move to make. If Qwik was on our side, we would have gone after Neon on day 2. Getting a bad guy on one of two days is a decent start.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #523
kingfc22
Head Coach

VOTE SNDVLS

This might change, but like I posted earlier I think there is a good chance that one or two DE's jumped on the bandwagon yesterday.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #524
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
VOTE SNDVLS

This might change, but like I posted earlier I think there is a good chance that one or two DE's jumped on the bandwagon yesterday.

well looks like even if I go back to Superman to try and perserve myself I'm doomed anyhow...thanks guys. I'm not going to jump back on Superman though and hopefully someone will wise up and see I did what a list of 6 other people did.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #525
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
To be honest, I don't see what the "band wagon" jumpers did that was wrong.. I would have done the same had I not been asleep when Neon revealed Qwik. Why NOT vote out the most obvious choice? That's one less deatheater for the night instead of spreading the uncertainty and possibly kill an innocent wizard..

A large portion of trying to dig out the evil-doers is by looking at voting records. When an easy opportunity to hide your vote comes around, it's a standard-issue wolf tactic to do so. BECAUSE many people hopped the bandwagon to whack Qwik, that's a day of voting history that becomes even more obfuscated. Which benefits the wolves.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #526
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola. I'm certainly not saying it was WRONG to whack Qwik. I'm merely saying that the people who hopped the bandwagon are worthy of suspicion in my book.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #527
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
A large portion of trying to dig out the evil-doers is by looking at voting records. When an easy opportunity to hide your vote comes around, it's a standard-issue wolf tactic to do so. BECAUSE many people hopped the bandwagon to whack Qwik, that's a day of voting history that becomes even more obfuscated. Which benefits the wolves.

I'm willing to give you that. But if you are looking at me you are looking at the wrong guy. Stand fare is usually 1 wolf votes for the wolf, the rest spread them out. I atleast has a reason and explanation for my vote, and the lateness of it. I'd look at some of the people who didn't.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #528
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Dola. I'm certainly not saying it was WRONG to whack Qwik. I'm merely saying that the people who hopped the bandwagon are worthy of suspicion in my book.

I do agree with this train of thought to an extent, with one caveat - when the bandwagon is as quick as yesterday's was, the death-eaters don't neccesarily have time to get their strategy in order.

That being said, the last people to vote Qwik were

Desnudo
Dubb
Jesse
SnDvls
Lathum
Kwhit

For some reason I have Kwhit's name circled in my notes, but I forget why.

knives out
Old 01-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #529
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

At what point do you consider voting for him hopping on the bandwagon?

When Neon revealed his role and his info about Qwik, it was:
Superman 5
Neon 4
Ardent 2
Qwikshot (and others) 1

Obviously, you needed 4 others to join in to even tie Superman (unless people jumped off him). Im having a problem seeing where you draw the line between people feeling that was the best choice for the villagers to lynch Qwik and hurrying to make it so, vs people piling on to hide in the vote. I understand what you are saying about them wanting to hide in the masses, I just do not know how you pull people out of yesterday's vote on Qwik. It happened so quickly.

It seems to me something a bit easier to watch when it happens over the course of a few hours instead.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #530
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
well looks like even if I go back to Superman to try and perserve myself I'm doomed anyhow...thanks guys. I'm not going to jump back on Superman though and hopefully someone will wise up and see I did what a list of 6 other people did.

I didn't vote for you for piling on Qwik so much as I voted for you because you went after Blade. Might not mean anything, but it's about all we got right now.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #531
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman
I didn't vote for you for piling on Qwik so much as I voted for you because you went after Blade. Might not mean anything, but it's about all we got right now.

if you look at my reason for going after blade you'd understand. It's also a commen setup for the wolves/demons/death eaters ect to set up someone who voted for the person you kill. If lynching an active person gets the game along I guess it happens.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #532
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We all know day 1 votes are crapshoots, and pretty much any *shred* of a good reason to lynch someone is jumped on. Neon comes out against Qwik with a bit more than a shred of reason, at which point it's almost a foregone conclusion Qwik is screwed. Any other day it might have been questionable, but on day 1, it's a HELLUVA lot better than the Random Number Generator, the Vote Schmidty Rule, the Die AE Die Rule, or any of the others.

So simply because this WAS A day 1 vote, I consider most anyone after the first couple to be a "bandwagon" vote.

My take anyway.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #533
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That said.

unvote dubb93

I like his responses.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #534
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
if you look at my reason for going after blade you'd understand. It's also a commen setup for the wolves/demons/death eaters ect to set up someone who voted for the person you kill. If lynching an active person gets the game along I guess it happens.

I don't understand, how are you being set up?

knives out
Old 01-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #535
dacman
College Benchwarmer

The timeline:

8:22pm - Neon reveal
8:25pm - RPI-Fan votes Qwik
8:30pm - st.cronin changes from Neon to Qwik
8:34pm - TazFTW changes from Superman to Qwik Qwik and Superman tied at 4
8:44pm - Alan T changes from st.cronin to Qwik Qwik takes lead
8:47pm - Mr. Wednesday changes from dubb to Qwik
8:50pm - KWhit changes from Superman to Qwik
8:53pm - Lathum changes from Neon to Qwik
9:09pm - SnDvls votes Qwik (unvoted Blade at 9:03pm)
9:27pm - Jesse_Ewiak changes from path12 to Qwik
9:28pm - dubb93 changes from Mr. W to Qwik
9:28pm - desnudo changes from Gram to Qwik

Last edited by dacman : 01-10-2006 at 03:20 PM.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #536
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
BECAUSE many people hopped the bandwagon to whack Qwik, that's a day of voting history that becomes even more obfuscated.
Coffee must not be a death-eater. They don't use big words like obfuscate, much less put them in past tense.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #537
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't understand, how are you being set up?

not by you directly, but by the wolves and by chance. You look at who voted for who was killed last night (happens that I did vote blade and unvoted him) The wolves kill him and the finger goes to someone who voted for him or in this case barkeep too. Then because I switched along with many other people I'm the unlucky one. It's too early for me to say my role, I'm holding out hope that you will realize the error in your vote.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #538
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Eschew obfuscation (pun intended).
Old 01-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #539
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
The timeline:

8:34pm - TazFTW changes from Superman to Qwik
8:44pm - Alan T changes from st.cronin to Qwik
8:47pm - Mr. Wednesday changes from dubb to Qwik Qwik takes lead?

actually when Taz changed (according to BK's list) is when Superman lost the lead and Qwik took it.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #540
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The timeline:

8:34pm - TazFTW changes from Superman to Qwik
8:44pm - Alan T changes from st.cronin to Qwik
8:47pm - Mr. Wednesday changes from dubb to Qwik Qwik takes lead?

all this does is prove the point about how quick the bandwagon got started. If you were offline for that hour you would never have known it happened.

I agree with coffee, day one is always a crap shoot.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #541
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Quote:
vote Blade

he's due at least one from me for last game. it's a say 1 crap shoot buddy

I'm not a fan of this defense.

knives out
Old 01-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #542
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
not by you directly, but by the wolves and by chance. You look at who voted for who was killed last night (happens that I did vote blade and unvoted him) The wolves kill him and the finger goes to someone who voted for him or in this case barkeep too. Then because I switched along with many other people I'm the unlucky one. It's too early for me to say my role, I'm holding out hope that you will realize the error in your vote.
On the other hand, wolves don't properly utilize who and whom. As bolded above.

These posts were just kidding, BTW. I'm not sure who to go for at this point. I'm pretty sure that at least one of the late people on the Qwik boat are evil.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #543
dacman
College Benchwarmer

sorry about that -- timeline edited while SnDvls and Lathum were quoting it.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #544
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not a fan of this defense.

but that is what you are using against me?
because I voted for Blade who was good. Who knew he was good besides him?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #545
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I need to head from work to pick up my car from the shop, so probably will be gone a few hours. Right now in my mind, the people I am most likely to vote for are one of these:
Lathum, Dubb, Coffee Warlord, SnDvls, king and jeeber. I'll hold off for a bit though to see what discussion happens between now and later. Most of my opinions is based solely on one day of voting, which isnt much. Superman's responses to people voting for him made me a little curious as well however. Not the response I would expect from someone who was trying to work as part of the team.

Other food for thought, with everyone focused on Superman primarily because he didnt vote yesterday, not many have mentioned WVUFan or Pass who neither voted yesterday nor showed up so far today in the discussion.

Also I see the subject says deadline is 12pm (which would be noon), Is that supposed to be 12 midnight instead?

See you all in a few hours.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #546
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
all this does is prove the point about how quick the bandwagon got started. If you were offline for that hour you would never have known it happened.

I agree with coffee, day one is always a crap shoot.

And if you got back on before the deadline to see the results and saw the hour old seer reveal and changed your vote it makes you a bad guy. The reveal was good b/c we got a deatheater, but it came so late in the day that it makes it the votes less likely to mean anything. I'm sure Desnudo and Jesse were in the same boat I was, out for the day after saying their peace and then back at the deadline. The reveal came as a shock and we all quickly changed it.

If Neon's reveal came at 4:00, then the case becomes much better against the deadline switchers. Again, I'm not vouching for Desnudo or Jesse, I just know I'm not a death eater, and assume with the late reveal they stumbled into the same situation I did.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #547
SnDvls
Pro Starter

which of these reasons from day one are you a fan of? payback listed by me or CW? seems sinster by barkeep? random by many? no reason by you (don't twist this as I'm not accusing you either I know you're good as NC cleared you) and others?

26.Neon_Chaos Qwikshot Random Choosing Qwik 1
25.Coffee Warlord Ardent enthusiast Payback for the last game Ardent 1
10.St Cronin Neon Chaos No Reason given Neon 1
2.SnDvls Blade Due from last game Blade 1
3.Barkeep49 Coffee Warlord He's seemed sinister Coffee 1
1.Alan T St. Cronin Voting for the person who voted for the first person to vote St. Cronin 1
6.Ardent Enthusiast Schmidty Obligatory first vote Schmidty 1
14.Raiders Army Coder 13th person to signup Coder 1
4.Path12 Jesse Ewiak Random Vote Jesse 1
5.Mr. Wednesday Dubb Based on silly nonrandom method Dubb 1
18.Dubb93 Neon Chaos Always wanted to do it Neon 2
28.Qwikshot Neon Chaos Self preservation and Neon is wrong Neon 3
15.Schmidty Ardent enthusiast Traditional Ardent 2
16.KWhit Superman Hasn't been around; Doesn't want to join a bandwagon Superman 1
Dubb Neon Chaos Neon 2
Dubb Mr. Wednesday Sees no reason for him to throw vote his way early Mr. Wednesday 1
9.Blade6119 Alan T No Reason given Alan 1
Blade Alan T Alan 0
Blade St. Cronin Voting out of scorn St. Cronin 2
13.Coder Raiders Army Returning the favor Raiders 1
8.Lathum Neon Chaos Suspicous when someone changes vote when bandwagon starts Neon 3
21.Kingfc22 Kwhit Random Choosing Kwhit 1
7.Dacman Jeeber Has been quiet Jeeber 1
27.Jesse_Ewiak Path Return vote Path 1
24.Grammaticus Desnudo Quiet with no vote Desnudo 1
12.Desnudo Grammaticus No Reason given Grammaticus
Blade St. Cronin St. Cronin 1
Blade Ardent enthusiast Trying to force tie Ardent 3
Ardent Schmidty Schmidty 0
Ardent Neon Chaos No Reason given Neon 4
17.TazFTW Superman Some convoluted reason I'm not bothering to type out Superman 2
19.JeeberD Blade Trying to follow tradition according to Godzilla Blitz Blade 2
23.RPI-Fan Superman Trying to get rid of someone who doesn't add anything Superman 3
Barkeep49 Coffee Warlord Coffee 0
Barkeep49 Superman Hasn't checked in Superman 4
Blade Ardent enthusiast Ardent 2
Blade Superman Trying for a tie still Superman 5
Neon reveals that he is Legimilens and has viewed Qwikshot who is a death eater
RPI-Fan Superman Superman 4
RPI-Fan Qwikshot At worse it's 1 for 1 Qwik 2
St. Cronin Neon Chaos Neon 3
St. Cronin Qwikshot No Reason given Qwik 3
Taz Superman Superman 3
Taz Qwikshot No Reason given Qwik 4
Alan St. Cronin St. Cronin 0
Alan Qwikshot Qwik 5
Mr. Wendesday Dubb Dubb 0
Mr. Wendesday Qwikshot Qwik 6
Kwhit Superman Superman 2
KWhit Qwikshot Qwik 7
Lathum Neon Chaos Neon 2
Lathum Qwikshot Qwik 8
SnDvls Blade Blade 1
SnDvls Qwikshot Early role reveals seems like it is true Qwik 9
JesseEwiak Path Path 0
JesseEwiak Qwikshot No Reason given Qwik 10
dubb Mr. Wednesday Mr. Wednesday 0
dubb Qwikshot At worse it's 1 for 1 Qwik 11
Desnudo Grammaticus Grammaticus 0
Desnudo Qwikshot Qwik 12
Old 01-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #548
st.cronin
General Manager

What I'm not a fan of is you saying 'look at my reason for voting' as though you somehow had a good reason, when you most definitely did NOT.

knives out
Old 01-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #549
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Good god man -- did you really have to post all that again? If you're trying to make a point with all that, I'm missing it.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #550
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
What I'm not a fan of is you saying 'look at my reason for voting' as though you somehow had a good reason, when you most definitely did NOT.

IT WAS DAY 1!!! did anyone have a good reason before Neon came out?