Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #5551
Kodos
Resident Alien

5,552 posts in, Kodos finally joins the fray. Never fear, my friends. Reinforcements are here!

Max Football suxxors!!1!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #5552
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
I think some of you should be ashamed for how you're treating Marauders. He's just a gamer like the rest of us, discussing a game he likes, and trying to be as helpful and patient as possible to provide helpful information.

No, he's specifically ignoring repeated requests to provide helpful information. He's been asked to provide screenshots of stats 127.3495 times and acts as if the question has never been asked.

If he limited himself to "I like MF. For me the fun of playing the game outweighs the defeciencies in the engine," nobody would care. When he claims the game is sound statistically but refuses to provide proof, he sets himself up as an easy target.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #5553
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
5,552 posts in, Kodos finally joins the fray. Never fear, my friends. Reinforcements are here!

Max Football suxxors!!1!

Let's rock this joint!

Sssssssssssmokin'!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #5554
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
It is amazing the similarity in styles of Marauders trumpeting Max-FB and Mizzou B-Ball Fan's defense of the PS3. Can I get an IP check?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #5555
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Ahhh... nothing like geek on geek violence.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #5556
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think some of you should be ashamed for how you're treating Marauders. He's just a gamer like the rest of us, discussing a game he likes, and trying to be as helpful and patient as possible to provide helpful information.
Sorry if my sarcasm detector is on the fritz, but are you serious? He's defending the indefensible, a game that isn't close to Madden as a 3D football game and laughably far from FOF as a sim, yet takes pot-shots at both while failing to either grasp why his arguments are ridiculous (re: quick-simmed stats in Maximum Hilarity) or providing any evidence that said stats engine provides any kind of realistic results (which it can't anyway with maximum run and pass gains ridiculously limited).

Look, if I'm a buddy of Daivd's I look at Maximum Hilarity and say "Damn, that's an impressive amount of work for a single programmer to undertake - I admire your dedication and perserverance". As a customer though, I look at it and say "What's the point of this product? Unless my main interest in a football game is customized uniforms, this game does nothing that other products on the market don't do a lot better, and for something other than a very discounted price to reflect the (lack of) quality of the game".
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #5557
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:

Seriously, why would anyone come into this thread and try to trumpet a game and yet provide us with nothing. His purpose in coming here was to refute what was being said about the game, yet that may not be all the motives. I still don't understand why he would choose this thread to trumpet the game when he could have easily started a new thread.

It's almost as if he wants to thread to thrive. This thread has almost seen a certain death a couple of times and both times, he comes out of the blue when the thread had been inactive for a while.

If he really wanted to be helpful, he would be providing screenshots, information about a demo being released, elaborate on how to work the new features in the game, etc. Not happening.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:15 PM   #5558
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

"John Cena says that Maximum Football 2 doesn't NEED to prove anything to you! RAAAAAWR!"
Old 09-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #5559
Desmond
Banned

Seriously. I want to see how the game has changed. I CAN'T GET TO THE GAME!
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #5560
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
+0.98763927163827

Funny, Matrix Games just rounded that up to 2.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #5561
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins44 View Post
I hope the operating system(s) he's developing for is still relevant when he releases the game. Might be like 4 or 5 version of Windows released before it comes out.

Nice call by Riggins in Post 66 of the thread.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:28 PM   #5562
johneh
Mascot

HEY MARUADERS,

Why do you keep ignoring the requests for screenshots showing realistic stats. We've been asking for months. A few months ago you said you would post them, you never did. You come on here and respond to questions, yet you completely ignore the requests for screenshots. How come?
johneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:22 PM   #5563
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, I'm itchin' to photoshop something new.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #5564
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Seriously, why would anyone come into this thread and try to trumpet a game and yet provide us with nothing. His purpose in coming here was to refute what was being said about the game, yet that may not be all the motives. I still don't understand why he would choose this thread to trumpet the game when he could have easily started a new thread.

It's almost as if he wants to thread to thrive. This thread has almost seen a certain death a couple of times and both times, he comes out of the blue when the thread had been inactive for a while.

If he really wanted to be helpful, he would be providing screenshots, information about a demo being released, elaborate on how to work the new features in the game, etc. Not happening.

There'd have been an enormous and resounding outcry of rage if someone tried to come up in here with substantive Maximum Pratfall info in a new thread, Ant. Enormous. And Resounding.

This thread lives, and nothing you nor the forces of Darkness under the command of Daivd can do will change that fact.

VOTE ANTMEISTER
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:04 PM   #5565
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Oh, and hey, Brad.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #5566
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Crim is acting a bit out of character by attacking Ant... wolflike, I gander.

Vote Crim
Old 09-29-2007, 07:15 AM   #5567
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

VOTE DAIVD
Old 10-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #5568
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Please stop posting Tom Brady stats. st.cronin is magnetically drawn towards them and if posted in too many places, his body will split.

Hello.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:14 PM   #5569
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
VOTE DAIVD

VOTE PUMPY PIX
Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #5570
SunDevil
College Prospect

Saw this thread slowing down over the last couple of days, so let's try to get some wind in the sails.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1579666
Quote:
A couple of observations from watching cpu v. cpu games:

1. What dictates a team kicking a field goal or going for it on 4th down? Had a team driving, they were down by 19 with 30 seconds left in the game. Instead of going for it and trying to get the score closer, they go for a field goal. Not very realistic, IMHO.

2. Team down by 11 in the fourth quarter. They score a TD, but instead of going for the 2 pt conversion and making it a 3 pt deficit, they kick the PAT and make it a 4 pt deficit. In the first three quarters, I can understand this. Not in the 4th quarter, late in the game.

3. Ball is punted. The returner does not catch the ball. Ball lands at the 8 yd line. returner decides, with the entire punt defense surrounding him, to pick the ball up and attempt to run. This happens very rarely in football, but I see it all the time on the game.

Just a couple of things that I feel should be tweaked. Now that most of the big issues have been/will be solved, it is time to get nit-picky. It will just make a tighter product in the end.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.

Last edited by SunDevil : 10-01-2007 at 01:55 PM.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #5571
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
Saw this thread slowing down of the last couple of days, so let's try to get some more wind in the sails.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1579666

Time to get nit-picky!
Old 10-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #5572
SunDevil
College Prospect

And another.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1578409

Quote:
I have started my league games (cpu v. cpu) and I am noticing that the 2nd, 3rd and even RB are getting into the game replacing the starter (without the starter being injured). During pre-season, I can see this, but during the regular season?

Is this a bug or is there something I can do to fix this?

Quote:
hi.

This is fatigue. The players are getting tired and the CPU is swapping them out.

There was at least one complaint about the lack of this happening in previous versions.

Lowering the fatigue levels (setting them all to 1) will elliminate fatigue completely from your game.

Quote:
You can't disable fatigue for one position. Making the endurance very high for the position may help. I don't believe I've seen a QB subbed out due to fatigue during the game though. They just don't generate enough when handing off or passing

Quote:
Think this is something you can update? I feel the QB's should not fall under the default fatigue factors.

Quote:
I've encreased the threshold for fatigue effecting quarterbacks but given the style of play in use, it can still occur. A QB that continually runs or continually gets sacked will still be subbed out of the game by the AI.

So don't think of Michael Vick as being out of football, think of him being fatigued from continually running.

Last edited by SunDevil : 10-01-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:47 PM   #5573
SunDevil
College Prospect

And seriously the biggest issue with the new version of Maximum Football 2.0 is that End Zone art is not showing up.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1572994

It has the most views and posts. I mean who cares if your team actually lines up inside the end zone (might be fixed now) but if the end zone art does not show up, you are going to hear about it.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #5574
SunDevil
College Prospect

I can not resist.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1579371

This was posted yesterday as of yet, not response. Must be too busy working on the end zone art bug.

Quote:
I just watched a game where the QB hit his WR, the WR fumbled immediately and a defender ran it back for a TD. But the game didnt report what happened. The score was good for 6 and they kicked the XP. But there was never any mention of who picked it up and no credit given for the score in the player stats.

I think ive seen similar on kickoff and punt returns. Or maybe even a few INT returns. Not 100% on those but definately saw it on this one.

Just would be nice to know who is doing what in these situations also
Old 10-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #5575
gstelmack
Pro Starter

If I create a new utility that will convert FOF teams to Maximum Football rosters for the purpose of multiplayer game shots, can I call it "Maximator" to keep in line with my utility naming scheme, or do I have to stick with the default name "Maximizer"?
Old 10-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #5576
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
how about "maxibator"?
Old 10-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #5577
miked
College Starter

It seems as though every troubleshooting involves video cards. It's funny, when I play Civ4, Might and Magic, and more games of the sort, there is no problem whatsoever. And that was on and old machine. So how can a game that has so little statistical generation and AI require so much juice? Is the art and rendering that special? Why when people are asking about their QBs throwing 30 straight incompletions does frame rate enter in? Odd.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #5578
Antmeister
Pro Starter

The thing that always makes me chuckle is when they write, "Good game! This is the best thing since FBPro98, but.....", and then they list a number of mind boggling issues like:

"My players are doing the YMCA around a live ball. I prefer the Cabbage Patch or Running Man but don't know how to change dance sequences."

"My Defensive End just threw a 225 yard bomb to the punter for 3 touchdowns all in one spectular play! Maybe this is something you can look into because I am pretty sure that should have counted for 5 safties."

"There's this 3D fan that bum rushes the field everytime I rename one of the players to Tom Brady. I think he's from some kind of street in the city of Cronin? Is there a Canadian city named Cronin? If not, I would like to customize the city details of that fan to represent an American city since I have created a Professional Pee Wee league."

"The players seem to be a different race below the waist then they are above the waist. This is an unacceptable level of customization. I want to be able to change the race for each body part so that it color coordinates with my Bengals-Panthers mish mash uniforms."

Last edited by Antmeister : 10-01-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #5579
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
If I create a new utility that will convert FOF teams to Maximum Football rosters for the purpose of multiplayer game shots, can I call it "Maximator" to keep in line with my utility naming scheme, or do I have to stick with the default name "Maximizer"?

Now you're just being silly. Unless it imports the uniforms, it's of no use whatsoever.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #5580
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
"The players seem to be a different race below the waist then they are above the waist. This is an unacceptable level of customization. I want to be able to change the race for each body part so that it color coordinates with my Bengals-Panthers mish mash uniforms."

I feel sorry for the players who are black above the waist and white below. It's like having to deal with all the racism without any of the advantages we have.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #5581
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I feel sorry for the players who are black above the waist and white below. It's like having to deal with all the racism without any of the advantages we have.

You're black?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #5582
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

A black sheriff?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #5583
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
It seems as though every troubleshooting involves video cards. It's funny, when I play Civ4, Might and Magic, and more games of the sort, there is no problem whatsoever. And that was on and old machine. So how can a game that has so little statistical generation and AI require so much juice? Is the art and rendering that special? Why when people are asking about their QBs throwing 30 straight incompletions does frame rate enter in? Odd.
Video card issues have nothing to do with AI - it's all about rendering what you see. Since Maximum Hilarity is a 3D football game, there's a lot of graphical information to be processed on-screen - pushing 22+ skeletons (not sure if there are moving refs, sideline players/coaches or fans) all at once with textured models for all of those players, plus the environments and the lighting.

I believe I read that Daivd has updated the game to run using one of the 2 latest versions of DirectX (either 9 or 10), and if some of his customers are using older video cards that don't support that standard, or are simply underpowered given the nature of the game, I can easily see why video card issues would be the main focus of troubleshooting.

When I was with MS doing sports games prior to the Xbox, dealing with all the different possible video cards for our PC sports games was a nightmare.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #5584
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
You're black?

Maybe he is black were it counts?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:46 AM   #5585
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Reading this thread reminded me of a thread from some years ago:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=10090

I'm not too up to date on gridiron text sims and know little about what has happened over the last 4 years. FOF has always been a little too dry for me. Have we seen anything closer to the game discussed in that thread yet? If so can you point me in the right direction?

Last edited by Mac Howard : 10-02-2007 at 03:48 AM.
Mac Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #5586
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

I'm too lazy to see if this was posted previously, but I just saw this press release on Wargamer.com. The quotes are simply fantastic...
Quote:
Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Wintervalley Software (www.wintervalley.com) are excited to release a new update for their well received football simulation and management game, Maximum Football 2.0. This latest update file includes added functionality to depth charts to make sorting and filtering information easier, a more intelligent hurry up offense process, and plenty of other improvements.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “My fantasy football team may be in the dumps at the beginning of this season, but with Maximum Football 2.0 I can at least design a league how I like and take it out on the other team! I’m truly enjoying the added features and content from the second edition of Maximum Football and this new update makes the game even more enjoyable.”

David Winter of Wintervalley Software added “Following the successful release of Maximum Football 2.0, Matrix Games and Wintervalley Software both agreed to release an update chock full of improvements quickly afterwards. Football fans everywhere will want to hit this update and install it like it was a rushing hole on fourth and goal.

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league from pee-wee to all-pro.

Design and play in leagues where you pick the size and layout. Play against others in user created leagues. There is no limit to how far you can take Maximum-Football 2.0. Get down and dirty with the editor as you create new plays and playbooks, design your own uniforms and helmets, and even select nicknames to appear on jerseys.

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the football fans dream. Whether you are a head coach or an armchair quarterback, Maximum-Football 2.0 has the features for you.

Get more information on Maximum Football 2.0 from its official Matrix Games webpage. This update will bring the game to version 2.1.8 and is comprehensive.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #5587
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Football fans everywhere will want to hit this update and install it like it was a rushing hole on fourth and goal.

He really needs to work on his analogies.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #5588
sabotai
General Manager

"Football fans everywhere will want to hit this update and install it like it was a rushing hole on fourth and goal.

Hahahahaha!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #5589
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Denny Green, formerly of Oakland, CA echos the above sentiments, "I know my football and Maximum Football 2 is as realistic as it gets!"
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:31 PM   #5590
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Install it
Like it was a rushing hole
On fourth and goal.

It's like some bizarro Maximum haiku.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #5591
digamma
Torchbearer

I love installing rushing holes.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #5592
twothree
College Prospect

"...for their well received football simulation and management game..."

twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #5593
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
"Football fans everywhere will want to hit this update

In the immortal words of the Godfather of Soul:

CAN I HIT IT AND QUIT IT?

Last edited by cartman : 10-11-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #5594
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
VOTE PUMPY PIX

Sherman, set the Wayback Machine to earlier in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
like seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Maxi-pad football is gaming crack
It even supports my Pumpy face pack
It answers my prayers
To teleport players
I can't wait to lead my all-midget attack

Quote:
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:24 AM   #5595
digamma
Torchbearer

How did you not highlight this...

Quote:
design your own uniforms and helmets

Also, I can only hope that this is in reference to Daivd. What I would do to get down and dirty with the man himself...

Quote:
Get down and dirty with the editor
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #5596
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It's version 2, bitches!

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 10-12-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #5597
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
It's version 2, bitches!

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 10-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #5598
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

Quote:
It's version 2, bitches!

When there's something strange, on your computer screen
Who you gonna call?
Daivd!
When players teleport, and your beer tent's green
Who you gonna call?
Daivd!

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #5599
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

The word "gaping" needed to be part of that press release.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #5600
johneh
Mascot

Is this game as good as everyone makes it out to be? http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1594662
johneh is offline   Reply With Quote