Old 10-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #5602
Bad-example
College Starter

What an amazing game!
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #5603
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

So... why do we see all the pitches of that at bat with the gametrax thing.... but not the strikeout pitch?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #5604
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

nm. there it is
Old 10-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #5605
Buccaneer
Head Coach

WOO HOO!!! Fuck the Yankees and Phillies. Hahaha.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #5606
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

YES!!!!!!!!!
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #5607
Bad-example
College Starter

Benji Molina is guaranteed a World Series ring.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #5609
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
WOO HOO!!! Fuck the Yankees and Phillies. Hahaha.

And your team is?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #5610
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
So... why do we see all the pitches of that at bat with the gametrax thing.... but not the strikeout pitch?

I thought it was a strike live but then wondered when they didn't show that pitch with the gametrax. Didn't see that they showed it later, switched to the local sports channel to listen to the bitching. It was in there?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #5611
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Funny thing is, the Yankees actually mean it when they say "there is always next year". How is your team doing? Asscock.
Buying championships in a system that is heavily weighted in your favor. Not something I'd get up on my high horse about.

Anyways, congrats to the Giants. Didn't really care who won the NLCS but will enjoy seeing Lincecum and Lee pitch in the World Series.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #5612
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Nice. Fuck the Phillies.

Unless you are a Giants fan I can only say...

I'll take 4 straight division titles, 2 pennants, a WS championship and 3 straight NLCS appearances anytime.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #5613
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
1 left to go...

Did you get a few extra grey hairs at the end? I was hoping for an Utley hit as I was afraid that Howard was going to strike out for about the 100th time in the series.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #5614
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I thought it was a strike live but then wondered when they didn't show that pitch with the gametrax. Didn't see that they showed it later, switched to the local sports channel to listen to the bitching. It was in there?

Top 25% of the "ball" was on the line, if I recall.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #5615
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Unless you are a Giants fan I can only say...

I'll take 4 straight division titles, 2 pennants, a WS championship and 3 straight NLCS appearances anytime.
What if they cheered during the national anthem?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #5616
miami_fan
Coordinator

Fuck you David Samson! You could not get anything for the NLCS MVP? Fucker!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #5617
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
And your team is?

Yeah, outside of recent success, I don't really know why the Phillies would be all that hated. They stunk for years (even now it's not like they're some juggernaut; 89, 92, 93, 97 wins - last 100 win season was in 1977). Their team is largely home-grown or acquired through trade. Never been big FA players, never have had top-notch managers. But, apparently evil.

*shurg*
Old 10-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #5618
Bad-example
College Starter

If the season ended just a bit differently, it might be the Padres in the WS.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Old 10-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #5619
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And your team is?

Buc-the choker Padres
Big Fo-the Braves.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #5620
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
And your team is?

Anyone but the Yankees or Phillies.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #5621
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Yeah, outside of recent success, I don't really know why the Phillies would be all that hated. They stunk for years (even now it's not like they're some juggernaut; 89, 92, 93, 97 wins - last 100 win season was in 1977). Their team is largely home-grown or acquired through trade. Never been big FA players, never have had top-notch managers. But, apparently evil.

*shurg*

My dislike of the Phillies is due to my team sharing a division with them and the behavior/attitude of their fans, it has nothing to do with the team's players (who seem pretty likeable really) or how it was assembled (which I have no beef with).
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #5622
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
My dislike of the Phillies is due to my team sharing a division with them and the behavior/attitude of their fans, it has nothing to do with the team's players (who seem pretty likeable really) or how it was assembled (which I have no beef with).

Nailed it. Being a Mets fan is reason enough to hate the Phils, and the overall scumbagness of the fans (not saying everyone, but it's a guilty by association type deal), reflects upon the team very poorly. In all actuality I have a great deal of respect for how the team is built and the type of guys on the roster. I love guys like Victorino and Werth. I think Utley is the most underrated player in the game.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #5623
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Anyone but the Yankees or Phillies.

Since when did the Phillies become synonymous with the Yankees?

And Big Fo, if you gave the fanbase more credit than the jackasses portrayed by the media because they love to perpetuate the stereotype, you'd see we weren't any more different than any other fanbase. Everyone wants to paint every Philly fan into this bad light that, frankly, the majority of fans don't fit into...not in Philly, not in any market.

As far as the game/series went, the Giants were obviously the better team throughout. They got every big hit, made nearly every big pitch...they came together at the right time. I don't like their chances in the World Series (even as a Phillies fan, I was dismayed to see the Giants...I thought they had a great shot to win from the outset and predicted the series was going seven), but as long as they have their starting pitching and can keep making the clutch hit come out of nowhere (see HR, Uribe's), they'll be right there.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #5624
SackAttack
Head Coach

I was hoping at the start of the playoffs it'd be Giants/Rays or Giants/Rangers.

Sweet.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #5625
JediKooter
Coordinator

ESPN must be pissed that all the World Series games will be played west of the Mississippi this year.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #5626
kingfc22
Head Coach

Wow. That was one hell of a game/series.

Bring it on Bengie
Old 10-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #5627
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
ESPN must be pissed that all the World Series games will be played west of the Mississippi this year.
They just won't cover it very much.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #5628
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
They just won't cover it very much.

I'm sure ESPN is telling the NFL to suspend Favre and for the Heat's team bus to blow up so they don't have to talk about the Giants or Rangers.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #5629
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Roma,

Seriously, take it easy. People hate the Yankees. One of the reasons is they can buy their way into contention every year. Most of our teams don't have 200+ million dollars to play with. Now, that isn't YOUR fault. It doesn't mean you shouldn't cheer for your favorite team. But you should kind of understand why people are thrilled to see your team eliminated.

You have playoff appearances, world titles, and a shitload of money to contend for years to come. You don't need to get into petty fights with people who insult the Yankees. Take a second, be humble, and understand how lucky you have it. If your team was the Nationals or Royals to name a couple, you would have nobody thrilled to see your team lose. . . because that's what they'd always do.

Seriously. Take it easy.

I wasn't upset at all, just calling that douche out on his idiocy is all.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #5630
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Buying championships in a system that is heavily weighted in your favor. Not something I'd get up on my high horse about.

Anyways, congrats to the Giants. Didn't really care who won the NLCS but will enjoy seeing Lincecum and Lee pitch in the World Series.

The Yankees make the most money and they spend the most money. What exactly is your problem with that? Perhaps Economics 101 escaped you in college?

Oh, and I don't recall being up on my high horse, but you go ahead and keep posting nonsense.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:21 AM   #5631
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post

Not nearly as pissed as Fox is gonna be.

The early line on viewership seems to be around 16 million, or about what the Tigers-Cards got back in 2006. That'd be 17% less than last year (Yanks-Phils) and roughly the same amount higher than 2008 (Rays-Phils). That number would make it the 2nd or 3rd least watched WS in history.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-24-2010 at 12:22 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #5632
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Great series. The biggest thing I got from Philly, besides being old, is the awesomeness of Werth. If i were building a team i think he would be my first offens.e pick
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:54 AM   #5633
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Not nearly as pissed as Fox is gonna be.

The early line on viewership seems to be around 16 million, or about what the Tigers-Cards got back in 2006. That'd be 17% less than last year (Yanks-Phils) and roughly the same amount higher than 2008 (Rays-Phils). That number would make it the 2nd or 3rd least watched WS in history.

Good. Maybe this will cause those cocksuckers to end their dispute with Cablevision and stop blacking out 3 million customers.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:59 AM   #5634
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Good. Maybe this will cause those cocksuckers to end their dispute with Cablevision and stop blacking out 3 million customers.

Please, Cablevision is doing the same thing as Dish: trying to get something for less than it's worth. Fox is doing their job just the same: trying to get more than something is worth.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #5635
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
The Yankees make the most money and they spend the most money. What exactly is your problem with that? Perhaps Economics 101 escaped you in college?

Oh, and I don't recall being up on my high horse, but you go ahead and keep posting nonsense.
They're in the biggest market for the sport, of course they're going to make the most money. It should feel worse to lose to a team with about a fourth the payroll.

My problem is that a city like Kansas City can never compete with New York on a long term basis because they'll never be able to generate the same revenue big market teams can. The system heavily favors teams like New York. That's fine if it's how you want it, but don't act like you're playing on the same level field as other teams.

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-24-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:22 AM   #5636
MrBug708
Head Coach

Congrats to the Giants, but why is Sanchez such a pussy? Can't believe he got upset after beaning Utley? Did he feel slighted by getting the ball back from Utley?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:51 AM   #5638
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
Ahem...all the evil in the World has been eliminated before the World Series. This is a wonderful weekend for decent human beings everywhere.

Phuck Philthy!

tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:50 AM   #5639
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ahem...all the evil in the World has been eliminated before the World Series. This is a wonderful weekend for decent human beings everywhere.

Phuck Philthy!

Shouldn't you be hiding under a bridge waiting for little kids to try to cross?
Old 10-24-2010, 03:40 AM   #5640
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

To MrBug: I heard James Loney shot 3-under par today. Good on him.

To JimGa: Listen, the ratings for the World Series will suck, just like the Braves playoff attendance sucks.

For the third time in my lifetime, the Giants are going to the World Series! I never thought that the All-Star game would have ramifications for my favorite team. I dig it. I'm so pumped. Can't wait for Wednesday.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:51 AM   #5641
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Goddamnit, that was bloody awesome. I like Chase Utley (and think he's one of the underrated stars of baseball), but the toss the ball back act is just extra-douchey. The irony of watching perhaps baseball's most overrated player strike out to end the series was amazing.

The Rangers should be a hell of a matchup, and Cliff Lee is probably laughing watching the Giants lineup. But Lee-Lincecum aside ( slightly in favor of Lee right now), I do like the Giants starting pitching the rest of the way, though the Rangers are clearly a much better offense.

Side note: was watching with my cousin. After the simple 8th, we asked each other - how many base-runners would Wilson allow the ninth? We agreed upon 3. He simply does not make it easy.

Last edited by Crapshoot : 10-24-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:32 AM   #5642
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
Benji Molina is guaranteed a World Series ring.

Benji Molina HAS a World Series ring already.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #5643
cougarfreak
College Starter

Man.......Philly never did hit in the playoffs against my Reds, or against the Giants. All that pitching, and they couldn't hit. I'm glad for SF, a Philly writer wrote a douche bag article on the Reds stadium after game 3 of the NLDS that just rubbed me the wrong way. WS should be interesting, TX hasn't seen pitching near as good as SF's yet in the playoffs.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #5644
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Congrats to the Giants. Phillies just couldn't hit and makes me seriously concerned for the next few years when we replace Werth with a rookie who hasn't hit and Howard continues his downward spiral while Utley conceals a bunch of injuries to prove he's the second coming of John Wayne.

Looking forward to a different set of teams in the WS, actually - not that i didn't want my team to win. But I'll be watching regardless, and now I can watch without having to root for/against either team. Just the way I like it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #5645
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Benji Molina HAS a World Series ring already.

Sure, but now he'll have one untainted by the Thunderstix debacle.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Old 10-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #5646
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
I'm glad for SF, a Philly writer wrote a douche bag article on the Reds stadium after game 3 of the NLDS that just rubbed me the wrong way.

I didn't need that article to know that a lot of Phillie fans are huge douches, but yeah I saw that too.

Way to go, Giants!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #5647
Comey
College Starter

Quote:

Phuck Philthy!

Boy, that Washington fanbase is chock full of a-holes. Look at this douchebag; they must all be like this.

Stop being a goddamn hypocrite.

Then again, since this is apparently who you are, you're just as big a jackass as the people you call out. You're no better than the "scum" you criticize. Hope you enjoy being the lowest of the low.

Last edited by Comey : 10-24-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #5648
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
I thought Utley was acting like a total twat when he tossed that ball back at Sanchez. Reminiscent of the Subway WS with Piazza throwing the broken bat at the Rocket.

Dude...
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #5649
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Dude...

Yeah, that is a terrible comparison. Clemens threw a sawed off bat at Piazza in an attempt to injure him, then the idiot roid head had the stones to say he thought it was the ball. Really Clemens? Then why weren't you throwing the bat to first base? Clemens should have been tossed there, and I firmly believe had he then the Mets win game 1 and that whole series is different.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #5650
Bad-example
College Starter

I got it backwards (Clemens tossed the bat fragment at Piazza) but the comparison is still valid in my view. YMMV.