Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #551
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
So let me get this straight. The Celtics signed Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young?

They also live in a very, very, very fine house with two cats in the yard.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #552
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
They also live in a very, very, very fine house with two cats in the yard.

At least the Lakers were able to counter that move by getting Steve Perry.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #553
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Suns ink Ivan Drago to replace Steve Holt at PG.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #554
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Suns ink Ivan Drago to replace Steve Holt at PG.

Spoiler

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner

Last edited by Grover : 07-05-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #555
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wonder what the market for Aaron Brooks will be. He was a decent QB for half a second, and now he's a solid PG at times. Spent all last season in China.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #556
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm also not sure if anyone even noticed the Adrian Bradley usage either.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:52 AM   #557
Groundhog
Coordinator

I think for under the mid-level he'd make a good Barbosa-esque punt returner.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #558
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I wonder what the market for Aaron Brooks will be. He was a decent QB for half a second, and now he's a solid PG at times. Spent all last season in China.

I picked Aaron Brooks in the 8th round for 3-4 years straight and made the playoffs all of those years. He was alright for a fantasy QB.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #559
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I think for under the mid-level he'd make a good Barbosa-esque punt returner.

Does his buddy count against the roster limit?
Spoiler
Old 07-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #560
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I picked Aaron Brooks in the 8th round for 3-4 years straight and made the playoffs all of those years. He was alright for a fantasy QB.

I thought he was pretty good in Drive, even though he was playing against type.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #561
Subby
lolzcat

Love Steve Nash, but is his defense good enough? Seems like the kind of player that is fun during the regular season, but might be too old and slow to be what the Lakers need in the post season.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #562
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Eh, I think they would probably just throw a defensive guard on the floor vs most teams if he was being exposed. He probably can't guard Tony Parker or Westbrook, but they can certain juggle enough help to have him check Danny Green or even James Harden.

Last edited by stevew : 07-05-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #563
whomario
Pro Starter

His individual defense was allways below average and certainly isnīt getting any better at age 38. He is a smart and willing team defender though and doesnīt gamble or takes time off on that end.

Of course youīll have to hide him but if you have a good system you can do that. Iīll take a bad individual defender who rotates well and plays angles well over a guy that can check his man better but canīt do those things (especially with the new rules, under which there are maybe half a dozen guys that you can truly say are able to shut down a perimeter player relatively regularly)

heīd still be an upgrade over any PG they had recently even if he decided to hop around on one leg on defense (and a guy like Sessions got destroyed by Lawson and Westbrook at times)

At the end of the day, there wasnīt anyone available to be a lockdown defender anyway, at least not anyone you could get without giving up any of your core. I mean, he is (for now...) a free upgrade more or less.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-05-2012 at 01:38 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #564
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Goran Dragic is gone to the Suns
Kyle Lowry appears as if he will be gone to the Raptors

Houston went from having two excellent PG options to 0

However, they have made roughly the same offer to Jeremy Lin as the Suns did to Goran Dragic. Huh?

They have also cut ties with Courtney Lee.

This offseason is not going as planned...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #565
stevew
Hall Of Famer

"Free Upgrade" is definitely the truth, although with the new luxury taxes they will certainly be feeling not so free. . Isn't the tax like 250% or something crazy like that after 80M?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #566
whomario
Pro Starter

Yeah, the Rockets seem to have screwed up in this PG carousel ...

Clippers resign Billups and likely sign Jamal Crawford
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 07-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #567
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I actually believe in Joel McHale as the Rockets coach, and I think they will be fine. Lowry had to go as there was too much tension. It would be hilarious if they settled on Aaron Brooks....essentially doing over the Brooks/Dragic deal.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #568
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The NBA ought to just create some sort of uncapped veteran exception for those guys who want to latch onto a team at the end of their career. Or for young guys who are scrappy 3rd round types who could help a team like a 15-day guy but you don't wanna/need to pay him big bucks. Would probably help the market and prevent the overpaying of this middle of the road, lower-tier dudes who get big money to fill roles.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #569
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
"Free Upgrade" is definitely the truth, although with the new luxury taxes they will certainly be feeling not so free. . Isn't the tax like 250% or something crazy like that after 80M?

True, but thatīs sth to worry about next offseason i guess

In any case i donīt care about the Lakers as a franchise, so i can just sit back and enjoy watching the game and not care about the long term

Didnīt the Lakers also sign a TV deal over like 3 billion ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
The NBA ought to just create some sort of uncapped veteran exception for those guys who want to latch onto a team at the end of their career.

Why ? I mean, the exceptions are there and itīs a soft cap, whatīs it to the players if the owner has to pay the luxuary tax ? Basically every one of those guys can (if heīs a free agent) sign for 5 or 3 mio with any contender that wants him, if he wants more than that then thatīs his problem.

Last edited by whomario : 07-05-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #570
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There is an exception so that vets on the minimum salary only get counted as something like 850K but they make over a million. Juwon Howard, for example, earned about 1.4 million, counted about 850k vs the cap and the league actually paid the Heat 550K of his salary.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q16

Last edited by stevew : 07-05-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #571
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Was just looking at those new tax rates. Some of the shit is like 3.50$ on the dollar if you're a tax repeater. My math might be incorrect, but if the lakers go from an assumed payroll of roughly 80M in 13-14, to adding Nash(Making it 90M)he literally costs something like $35m(tax plus salary)
Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #572
whomario
Pro Starter

Teletovic was somehow convinced to now sign the Taxpayer MLE (3 mio), meaning that a Howard trade is still possible afterall.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #573
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Can someone explain to me what Houston is doing today? I can't think that a lottery but not top 3 or 5 protected pick is all Kyle Lowry gets you

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #574
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Do you know anything about that Russian guard several teams are targeting(including the Cavs)?

That Teletovic looked good on highlights, but he also appeared to be schooling guys with the agility of YMCA players. Does seem to have some swagger to him.
Might just be me, but I'm always suspicious of European guys that were never drafted. I feel like that scouting was good enough in 2004 or 2005 when he was draft eligible that he should have been selected in the second round.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #575
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Was just looking at those new tax rates. Some of the shit is like 3.50$ on the dollar if you're a tax repeater. My math might be incorrect, but if the lakers go from an assumed payroll of roughly 80M in 13-14, to adding Nash(Making it 90M)he literally costs something like $35m(tax plus salary)

Yeah, they did this to deter those big teams from going way over. This was a small market equalizer. Or was intended to be.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #576
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Alexey Shved is the guy I'm thinking of.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #577
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Can someone explain to me what Houston is doing today? I can't think that a lottery but not top 3 or 5 protected pick is all Kyle Lowry gets you

SI

Hey, you got Gary Forbes too. I swear that guy sounds made up.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #578
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

What is the benefit of the taxpayer exception? If I understand it right, if you use that exception, you get a bit of a "tax break" on luxury tax dollars, right? So instead of being the ridiculous 350% tax, it's "only" 200% or something like that?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #579
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Once you use the non-taxpayer exception you can't make any more moves that take you over 74million. It essentially serves as a hard cap at that point. You might be able to sign rookies for minimums possibly, but no veterans.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #580
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wonder what basketball would look like if it were like baseball and there was no cap again. I mean, would guys opt to be the 7th dude on a contender over starting? Would teams pay guys that kind of money to sit on the bench?

I feel like it'd make stuff more not less competitive. But maybe not.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #581
whomario
Pro Starter

I apologize in advance if i get too talkative and/or seem defensive on the subject

Quote:
Do you know anything about that Russian guard several teams are targeting(including the Cavs)?

Shved is a prototypical 6th man type of player with all the pros and cons: good scorer and shooter, pretty good passer but not really a great defender.
Worst case i think heīd be as good as Greivis Vazquez (slightly worse passer, better shooter) and thus a solid 15-20 minute guy off the bench.

But he has very good instincts with the ball, doesnīt make many mistakes and should do really well with more space and more Pick and Roles compared to Europe. Hope the TWolves sign him, heīd fit very well with what they do and could be a PnR player when Rubio sits.

Hasnīt played a ton of real basketball in his career as he was burried behind veterans until like 2 seasons ago.

Quote:

Might just be me, but I'm always suspicious of European guys that were never drafted. I feel like that scouting was good enough in 2004 or 2005 when he was draft eligible that he should have been selected in the second round.

Most of those 2nd round picks from Europe are based on perceived potential (if you look at the players, they are mostly either 7 footers or really young or really stand out athletically), 5 years later most of those guys will be playing for lunch money somewhere while dozens of guys that werenīt on the NBA radar will start for Euroleague teams. There are a lot of guys in Europe that wereīt on the NBA radar as 22 year olds that now would improve a ton of NBA teams as solid bench guys or even starters, itīs just that most of those guys earn good money and donīt care for the NBA very much (heck, there are even draft busts that now would be great rotation players after actually getting to play in Europe for a couple years)

Afterall, when evaluating college players you donīt really care what they did in high school either.

The thing is that a lot of guys donīt really get to showcase their ability in that 20-22 age range with the european clubs playing a ton of veterans. Itīs not at all unusual for players in europe to have their breakout years when they are like 25 or so. In Teletovic case he played like 15 MPG in 2007 (his draft year) and struggled adjusting in his first season in the spanish leage and didnīt have the obvious potential in form of being a 7 footer or insanely athletic.

I donīt have a full list handy, but how many busts have there been recently that scare you were undrafted (or 2nd rounders) Euros that then signed in their mid 20s ? (or americans that got some seasoning in Europe before coming to the league)

Thereīs propably a lot higher percentage of Euros (and college players as well) going bust that enter the league directly after the draft, isnīt there ?

Last edited by whomario : 07-05-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #582
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Once you use the non-taxpayer exception you can't make any more moves that take you over 74million. It essentially serves as a hard cap at that point. You might be able to sign rookies for minimums possibly, but no veterans.

Okay, I got that, but I was asking about the taxpayer exception.

(Thanks for the explanation, though).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #583
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The taxpayer exception is capped at 3m, for teams that are going to exceed 74m. in the past you would still get a full MLE if you were over the tax line...now you get a 3m MLE if you're going to be over the tax by 4m. I don't think there is a tax break on it, if that was the original question.

Last edited by stevew : 07-05-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #584
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, I got that, but I was asking about the taxpayer exception.

(Thanks for the explanation, though).

Rather than the four-year contract starting at $5MM (with 4.5% raises) available to non-taxpayers, teams over the tax line can offer a "mini" MLE of up to three years, starting at $3MM (4.5% raises).
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #585
whomario
Pro Starter

the tournament determining the last 2 spots for the olympics is underway in Venezuela right now btw : http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng.../schedule.html

allready out after the group stage (4 groups of 3 single round robin, first 2 to quarters) are Jordan, Venezuela (despite 2 strong games by Vazquez), Korea and New Zealand.

QF / SF (2 semi final winners go to london)

Greece - Nigeria / Russia - Angola

Lithuania - Puerto Rico / Macedonia - Dominican Republic
Old 07-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #586
whomario
Pro Starter

There were reports that Kidd agreed to a 3/9 deal with the Mavs, now it seems heīll go to the Knicks instead under the same conditions.

The way this offseason goes a rebuild is lurking just around the corner for the Mavs ... I donīt think the current roster is going to be enough for more than just barely sneaking into the playoffs after loosing Terry and Kidd.
The drafted players i donīt see anyone stepping into a big role...
Old 07-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #587
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I remember all last season how guys like Hollinger and Bill Simmons lauded Mark Cuban for freeing up cap space for this offseason. He didn't resign Chandler and the Mavs fell back a step in the west.

Then, in FA, Cuban tried to land D-Will (Brooklyn), Dragic (Suns) and Nash (Lakers). They failed on all 3 and then tried to just keep Kidd (Knicks). Now, after all this planning and collecting of cap space - the Mavs are hoping they can convince Ramon Sessions to take some of their cap space. Sometimes cap space doesn't end up being all you would have hoped it would be.

Last edited by Arles : 07-05-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #588
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I apologize in advance if i get too talkative and/or seem defensive on the subject

Shved is a prototypical 6th man type of player with all the pros and cons: good scorer and shooter, pretty good passer but not really a great defender.
Worst case i think heīd be as good as Greivis Vazquez (slightly worse passer, better shooter) and thus a solid 15-20 minute guy off the bench.

But he has very good instincts with the ball, doesnīt make many mistakes and should do really well with more space and more Pick and Roles compared to Europe. Hope the TWolves sign him, heīd fit very well with what they do and could be a PnR player when Rubio sits.

Hasnīt played a ton of real basketball in his career as he was burried behind veterans until like 2 seasons ago.

Most of those 2nd round picks from Europe are based on perceived potential (if you look at the players, they are mostly either 7 footers or really young or really stand out athletically), 5 years later most of those guys will be playing for lunch money somewhere while dozens of guys that werenīt on the NBA radar will start for Euroleague teams. There are a lot of guys in Europe that wereīt on the NBA radar as 22 year olds that now would improve a ton of NBA teams as solid bench guys or even starters, itīs just that most of those guys earn good money and donīt care for the NBA very much (heck, there are even draft busts that now would be great rotation players after actually getting to play in Europe for a couple years)

Afterall, when evaluating college players you donīt really care what they did in high school either.

The thing is that a lot of guys donīt really get to showcase their ability in that 20-22 age range with the european clubs playing a ton of veterans. Itīs not at all unusual for players in europe to have their breakout years when they are like 25 or so. In Teletovic case he played like 15 MPG in 2007 (his draft year) and struggled adjusting in his first season in the spanish leage and didnīt have the obvious potential in form of being a 7 footer or insanely athletic.

I donīt have a full list handy, but how many busts have there been recently that scare you were undrafted (or 2nd rounders) Euros that then signed in their mid 20s ? (or americans that got some seasoning in Europe before coming to the league)

Thereīs propably a lot higher percentage of Euros (and college players as well) going bust that enter the league directly after the draft, isnīt there ?
I appreciate the insight. Basically the only euroleague guys I can remember coming back over here after having good careers over there were guys like Jasikevicius or even like Anthony Parker. IE guys that weren't anything special.

For example, Shved not being drafted is a huge red flag to me. I know he lacked the playing time and experience, but I still would think he would have received a pick in the 50s range. He can't get playing time on CSKA because Tragic Langdon is/was most likely starting ahead of him. I know the guys prefer veteran "men" over in europe. Maybe, and probably likely, Langdon would have been a solid NBA bench guy from 07-11. From my ugly and tainted American perspective, a guy that couldn't put Tragic on the bench isn't a guy to get excited about.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #589
stevew
Hall Of Famer

For Teletovic, i only really watched a couple euro highlight reels on youtube. he looked pretty good on tape, but I wonder how good any of the guys guarding him were. Like if Luke Harangody was the model for the guys who were defending him.

And what's with all the shitty music in all these Euro clips btw. I know american people use crappy rap songs, whereas the Euro dudes love that linkin park type of shit.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #590
whomario
Pro Starter

Anthony Parker ? He signed as a 31 year old for 3/12 and was a starter throughout, Raptors were a playoff team his first 2 years as well with him averaging 12.5 PPG on 48% FG and 44% from 3. Plus playing good defense.

Iīm not saying he was a star, but for the type of money he signed ? Same with Shved. If he becomes a 20 mpg guy that produces well for those minutes, isnīt that pretty much what you would expect for the money heīs getting ?

Jasikevicius would have had to be placed on a team that fit him to have a chance at succeeding, he clearly did lack the nescessary athletic ability to play the PG spot for most teams. Plus he wasnīt good off the ball. I would never expect a guy like Teodosic to succeed either (he is comparable to Jasikevicius today)

Overall i donīt claim that there are dozens of NBA starters or players that would star in the NBA playing in Europe, but thereīs certainly a ton of able role players there that would improve many teams.

as for Teletovic competition : It obviously arenīt NBA calibre athletes, but iīm pretty sure that quite a few starting PFs in the ACB (spanish league) could play some minutes in the NBA and team defense over here is pretty damn good. And in any case, itīs not like NBA top draft picks make their highlights against future NBA players. Sometimes you get a player facing a team where you here "thatīs a real test, heīs going against NBA calibre players/athletes" and in retrospect (say after 3 years) how often are those oponents actually in the NBA ? Every draft pick mostly faces guys that will either not play professional basketball or play for smaller teams in Europe (and then get their ass handed to them by a guy like Teletovic )

I think in Teletovic case him having some trouble adjusting to quicker defenders will be upset by him not being as much of a priority for defenses. And the thing is that heīs not a spot up shooter with a set release, he is a legit jump shooter that has a quick and high release.
There sure are a ton of stretch 4s in Europe that would really struggle against NBA athletes, i just donīt see Teletovic having that problem

Long attempts at explaining some things coming :

Itīs just a different game and system and iīll be the first to admit that itīs hard to explain to nba-only people how it all works. I donīt think you can (not want to, can) understand how much a difference it makes to be a young player in Europe versus being a young player in the US coming out of college.
F.e. i bet that more US people knew about Shved than CSKA fans. There just isnīt any pressure to play a young player, espesially since contrary to the NBA there basically is no tanking or rebuilding as thereīs no incentive for it. Every team has to try to be as good as they can, the top teams for the title, the mid tear for the playoffs and reaching international league play (besides the euroleague there are others that also bring in extra money) and the bottom teams to avoid relegation.
There arenīt any "letīs suck for 3 years to be better 4 years down the road" scenarios, that just isnīt done.
And especially donīt European teams care about NBA potential in a player.

Iīm just saiyng that itīs no coincidence that the NBA teams look for theese actual and fully developed basketball players more and more, the stigma of "but he canīt jump so high or run so quick" is going away.
But then again theese players obviously want to make the same money as in Europe, while college players come at a much lower price via the draft. And obviously thereīs also a bias to sign players with NBA experience (which is just natural), to sign what you know rather than take a chance.

Last edited by whomario : 07-05-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #591
stevew
Hall Of Famer

In regards to Parker I'm most likely falsely equating "2 Time Euroleague MVP" with "the best player in Europe"
Old 07-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #592
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
In regards to Parker I'm most likely falsely equating "2 Time Euroleague MVP" with "the best player in Europe"

I would never claim that the best players in Europe would be stars in the NBA (afterall, most of those with that potential are going to the NBA early ), just that players that consistently produce in Europe can be valuable NBA players.
And starting on a playoff team is just that, at a bargain price no less.

And not ever player that produces in Europe is a fit for the NBA, just like not every great college player is a good fit for Europe (or every NBA player would be, for that matter)

Just like with College the stars get drafted (early) but that doesnīt mean there arenīt valuable players left. They just donīt have star potential.

Last edited by whomario : 07-05-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #593
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey, you got Gary Forbes too. I swear that guy sounds made up.

Back off man, he carried my College Hoops 2k7 UMass team to the Final Four!!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #594
whomario
Pro Starter

speaking of guys from Europe, Andrei Kirilenko is aparently not so sure about returning to the US, propably a reason why Teletovic was signed by the Nets in the first place (Kirilenko going there was considered a sure thing).
I guess from his point of view he has the option to play for titles and good money in his home country at CSKA and unless a good combination or team, role and money is offered heīll stay.

further complicating things is that heīs trying to help Russia qualify for the Olympics right now. I guess heīll stay a couple days after the tournament (in Venezuela) finishes on Sunday to have talks with teams before then going back to Europe. (thereīs a couple more players there that might end up getting signed by NBA teams)

Maybe the Mavs try their luck, would be pretty neat having Dirk and him play together and heīs certainly still a plus-player defensively and could also help some with playmaking and back up Dirk and basically be the type of player they hoped to get with Odom. Not sure if you can afford 2 non-shooters at the 3 with Marion and him though.

Last edited by whomario : 07-05-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #595
Groundhog
Coordinator

Dallas might be a good spot for OJ Mayo.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #596
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dallas should invest money into Greg Oden and rebuild him from the ground up.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #597
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

All of this wheeling and dealing is making me consider buying DDPB3. Currently dinking around with the demo and we'll see. Not exactly the cheapest game on the planet and not sure I'd play it enough to make it worth it. But we'll see. Anyway...

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-05-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #598
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dallas should invest money into Greg Oden and rebuild him from the ground up.

Only if they put Six Million into him. They can rebuild him. They have the technology.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #599
whomario
Pro Starter

Brandon Roy signs with the Timberwolves !

Boy do i hope this works out ... At least this will cement the Wolves as one of the top league pass teams again next season Hope Rubio recovers in time for the start of the season.
Now should the Blazers really not match (they still say they will, but thereīs also talk that the Pacers wouldnīt match Hibbert and then things might look differently) then things could get really, really interesting.

I realize that theese are a lot of "ifs"

Rockets will sign Lin to an offer sheet but the Knicks are likely to match.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #600
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Brandon Roy signs with the Timberwolves !

Weird. He's not even white.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote