Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #551
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
My TV is back in business.

Great to hear you survived...you're a better man than I!!!!
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #552
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
My TV is back in business.

Great! Feel free to log in whenever you like and un-autopilot your team.

DT and I will be playing in the ACC Championship this evening, after which I will advance us to bowl season. Wish us luck!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #553
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Too bad there is no way to watch the game as a spectator because that would be pretty fun to watch.

Good luck, guys!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #554
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Thanks . Last time DT dominated my Blue Devils in every phase of the game. It seemed like my D-linemen were 5 yards off the line as soon as he snapped the ball, and his D-linemen were a half step away from the QB as soon as I snapped it.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-21-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #555
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

If you can make my supposedly stellar defense look like swiss cheese then I suspect this game might be a little different than the first one.

EDIT: forgot this:

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 01-21-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #556
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

DT beat me 41-38 in a game that I was never going to be allowed to win. It was just incredibly frustrating. My team lost three fumbles, one of which was on the first play of the game. My QB had countless (and I mean countless) chances to hit wide open men, but instead threw ducks that were nowhere near their target. In one instance, I had an uncovered man in the endzone while driving late in the 2nd quarter. From the 15 yard line, my QB throws a ball about 50 yards up into the air, so high in fact that the screen zoomed out, where it hung for several seconds...just long enough for a DB to come and swat it away...??? I made a valiant comeback late in the game, but every chance the game gave DT the upper hand with home field advantage. His team was absolutely unstoppable...I wouldn't doubt it if he racked up 20+ broken tackles. It's a shame that the game appoints a "home" team in championship/bowl games. My QB (and I assume my entire team) was rattled and erratic throughout the game...constantly doing the "huh? I can't hear you" stuff when I was making calls at the line, etc. If it's a neutral site, shouldn't the game be neutral also?

Blegh...gg DT. On to Bowl season!

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-21-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #557
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Tough one, Sun.

Going to play our game against USC in a little bit.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #558
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Beat USC to finish 10-3. Started out with a pick on our first drive but thought we had caught a break on the very next play when they fumbled only to have the call reversed. Thought we were going to be in for a long game after that.

Not so much...despite tossing 3 picks...they fumbled back to back kickoffs giving us great field position and we gladly took a 3 score lead into halftime and never looked back.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #559
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Dayum...there are few things nicer than recovering fumbled kickoffs. Congrats on the Bowl win man.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #560
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

By the way, here's what our schedule looks like for Bowl Season. I'm going to be busy out of my mind closing on a house and moving this coming week, but I should be able to get my game in and advance us in an orderly fashion. Thankfully it's the off-season where most everything can be done via your PC.

A word of warning...I'd like to move through the off-season rather quickly, as we spent a shit ton of time on the regular season. After you play your bowl games, it's nothing but 10 minutes of recruiting every week, which can be done anywhere, anytime. We'll be looking at two day advance periods for most of the stages, just so you know. Bowl Season will advance Monday evening at 11pm EST. Good luck gentlemen, and remember, have fun!

=============== Boston College Eagles (2-10) ===============

=============== Duke Blue Devils (9-4) ===============

Last week, Duke lost 41-38 against Maryland (10-3).
Duke will face UCF in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

=============== #17 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (9-3) ===============
#18 Georgia Tech will face USC in the Brut Sun Bowl.

=============== Maryland Terrapins (10-3) ===============
Last week, Maryland won 41-38 against Duke (9-4).
Maryland will face #7 Wisconsin in the Orange Bowl®.

=============== NC State Wolfpack (5-7) ===============

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (5-7) ===============

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-5) ===============
Wake Forest will face Georgia in the Music City Bowl.
Wake Forest will face Georgia in the Music City Bowl.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-22-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #561
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Duke beat UCF yesterday in the Meineke Car Bowl, 27-17. UCF put up a hell of a fight, surprisingly so, but we were able to put the game away with a late INT and a clutch breakaway run. Our QB has officially been deemed a big game dud, throwing three interceptions, all very ugly ducks that were nowhere near their target, for the second straight game.

All that's left is DT in the Orange bowl. He said he would be getting his game in today, which means we should be advancing through to the off-season by tonight.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-23-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #562
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I was in the box the other day, but props to Sun Tzu for the ACC Championship game - great game between Duke and Maryland. I thought my team played excellent - and I can certainly understand his frustration with the neutral-site thing. On the other hand - I let him back into the game several times late in the 4th quarter.

Anyways, was a great game I thought.

Onto the FedEx Orange Bowl against *gulp* #6 Wisconsin.

Oh wait - I forgot...my team is fucking beast.

Hold Wisc. to 3-and-out on their first possession. First offensive play...Fustenburg (my massive TE who Sun Tzu wants to kill) is left wide open on a drag and rumbles all the way down to the Wisc. 7. Next play, Davin Meggett punches it in for 7.

And we don't really look back. Gave up 2 FG's to Wisc. and was really ineffective offensively for the rest of the first quarter. 2nd quarter they break through on a 45yd scamper by Clay for a TD to take the lead.

But never fear...I rediscover my offense and drive down the field for a 1yd TD-plunge with 1:31 left.

Of course then Tolzien shreds my defense and hits Clay for a 12yd TD with 49 seconds left in the half.

NEVER FEAR. 1 PLAY...LAQUAN WILLIAMS...69yds FOR THE TD FROM Danny O'Brien!!

Maryland goes into the break up 21-20.

3rd Quarter: Wisconsin hits a FG to take the 23-21 lead. My offense goes back to being unable to punch it in (had to punt it away twice).

With 1:41 left in the quarter, we pick off Tolzien! And then proceed to fumble the INT...BUT WAIT...IT'S PICKED UP BY MOTEN FOR MARYLAND AND RETURNED FOR 6!!! Maryland up 27-23! Maryland goes for 2...the try is successful!! 29-23 lead.

4th Quarter: Some baller play by O'Brien results in a 3yd TD run by D.J. Adams. 2pt try successful on a swing pass out to Fustenburg. Maryland up 37-23.

Chism picks off Tolzien in the middle of their next drive, and with 2:26 left we hit a 45yd FG to go up 40-23 for the (essentially) clinching 3-score lead.

Immediately following this we knock Tolzien from the game, and Wisconsin is unable to mount any further offense to close the gap.

Ballgame!

FedEx Orange Bowl Champions (in the upset!!) - Maryland Terrapins!!

+Rep for the ACC!!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-23-2011 at 03:33 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #563
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
With 1:41 left in the quarter, we pick off Tolzien! And then proceed to fumble the INT...BUT WAIT...IT'S PICKED UP BY MOTEN FOR MARYLAND AND RETURNED FOR 6!!! Maryland up 27-23! Maryland goes for 2...the try is successful!! 29-23 lead.

You know you're on a roll when shit like this happens in your favor...absolutely incredible.

Congrats on the win man...and yay for being free of the box!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #564
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
You know you're on a roll when shit like this happens in your favor...absolutely incredible.

Thanks. I uploaded the highlight of it - it doesn't pickup the INT, but picks up the fumble and the return for a TD. Also a couple of O'Brien's better completions (only 11/26, but played a hell of a lot better than that). And Megggett was great - despite averaging less than 4YPC (which is partly because I ran him into the line a bunch in the 4th to kill the clock).

And I'll say again - great game in the ACC Championship. I know you're still pissed at NCAA about it, but I think the poor defense by me at the end of the game did a decent job of canceling out the home-team effect.

Also - the snow fucks things up for QB's HORRIBLY. That's why I threw so many short slants in our game. The week before when I played whats-his-name (the new guy) in the snow, I didn't really respect the snow, and that, along with some scrambly-footwork probably caused a couple of my 4 INT's...so that's probably a significant cause of some of the ducks that your QB threw.

Since it was my 2nd snow-game in a row I felt like I had a better hand on how it'd affect things.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #565
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post

And yeah - I'm still pissed about the nature of my boxing, so I'm not sure how much I'll be posting in the OT forum...we'll see.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #566
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I appreciate the kind words, but I don't know that any amount of shoddy 4th quarter defense can balance out three lost fumbles
Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #567
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Grats to both teams on the big wins!

Sun what are we looking at for sims and offseason stuff?

GML is a league that is you as a GM and a GM only
http://www.fof-gml.com/forum/register.php?do=addmember

vNFL and House have the forum that shares knowledge and asks for players to constantly challenge thinking in fof.
http://www.bearsruletheworld.com/vnfl/
bighouserulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #568
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

The season has ended! Two teams from the ACC finished in the top 25, with Georgia Tech placing at #13 and Maryland placing at #20. Congrats to DT on winning the ACC Championship, and defeating Wisconsin in a BCS Bowl game.

Notable National Individual Accomplishments...

Duke - QB S. Renfree - 4105 Passing yards - 5th in the nation
Georgia Tech - QB J. Nesbitt - 1358 Rushing Yards - 5th in the nation
Virginia - LB A. Taliaferro - 57 Solo tackles - 1st in the nation
Maryland - LB A. Wujciak - 55 Solo tackles - 2nd in the nation
Duke - LB A. Kromah - 53 Solo tackles - 5th in the nation

Duke - DE P. Egboh - Finished second in Lombardi Trophy voting

Maryland - LB A. Wujciak - First team all-american
Duke - DE P. Egboh - First team all-american
Virginia - DT N. Jenkins - First team all-american
Duke - FS M. Daniels - Second team all-american
Georgia Tech - SS I. Johnson - All freshman team
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #569
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

If I hadn't lost Da'Rel Scott to an injury he would have been up there in rushing.

Yay for a #20 finish - that's awesome! And a BCS Bowl win ought to give me a nice bump in prestige for new recruits. Bummed I couldn't get Wujciak 3 more tackles...grrr.

I'm also surprised that DB Chism (who finished with 6 INT's in a like 4-way tie for 2nd in the country by 1 pick) wasn't an all-american, and wasn't highlighted by Sun Tzu up there.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #570
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I agree, very strange. The AA DB's were a bit oddly chosen. The leader in picks (B. Maxwell of Clemson with 8) wasn't an AA either.

Very important question...hopefully somebody knows. In NCAA 09 there was a bug where if any school other than the commish attempted to "sway" a player leaving early into staying, he would leave no matter what, even if it showed him as staying when you attempted to sway him. What's worse is, you would still be out those recruiting minutes once recruiting rolled around. Does anyone know if that's still the case with NCAA 11?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #571
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Happy with the top 25 finish, of course, but I really would've liked to be in the ACC championship game instead. That's the goal for the upcoming season!!!

Congrats to the AA members as well to this year's FACC Champs, Maryland!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #572
EddieK
High School Varsity

I dont know if anyone has Virginia but.....

Virginia has a nice transfer of an 83 overall FR HB from OSU transferring int
I got a nice FS from Notre Dame 78 overall SO

World Series 2061, 2063, 2104, 2132, 2133, 2151, 2153, 2154, 2157, 2158, 2180, 2183, 2184, 2185, 2210,
EddieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #573
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

The bug is not there any longer Sun.

Virginia is owned here Eddie. I am geeked to get some transfers. As long as i get a RB that does not fumble as much i would have had at least 7 wins. That is sad.

Sorry to beat you up Sun but what is the schedule for the offseason. I was not sure if you were going faster since we have no games of course.

vNFL and House have the forum that shares knowledge and asks for players to constantly challenge thinking in fof.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #574
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Faster faster - Sun said earlier like 2 days per offseason stage.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #575
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

K thanks DT i must have missed it.

GOod luck guys glad to get the season going.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #576
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighouserulez View Post
As long as i get a RB that does not fumble as much i would have had at least 7 wins. That is sad.

I can attest to that...you would have beaten us had it not been for the fumblitis.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #577
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Alright...sounds like the bug is gone (thanks for the heads up on that one). We're currently in the players leaving stage, where you'll have the opportunity to (attempt to) convince players to stay another year by using your some of you first weeks recruiting time. Be careful here gentlemen. I've convinced players to stay before in offline dynasties by using just 20 minutes, and other players have taken as much as five hours of convincing before they would stay.

I'm going to set the advance deadline at Tuesday evening at 11pm. That's two full days to do about five minutes of actual work. In every stage from here on out, if I see that everyone has gotten their stuff in early, I'll advance us early.

Yes, I'd like to move at a brisk pace during the offseason. Nothing kills a league like a slow, dragging offseason where people consistently fail to get in their recruiting/weekly stuff. If you're unsure what stage we're in, check the subject line of the thread. I'll be extra sure to change it every time we advance. Just a word of warning, in a stage like this it's near impossible for me to see if you've actually done anything (short of seeing the last time you logged in to the PSN) when I log in as the commish.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #578
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I'll be getting my "export" in tonight.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #579
EddieK
High School Varsity

Not sure if everyone knows this but you can also get emails from the league by signing into the online league on your computer and setting your email settings.

World Series 2061, 2063, 2104, 2132, 2133, 2151, 2153, 2154, 2157, 2158, 2180, 2183, 2184, 2185, 2210,
Old 01-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #580
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I was called away on business yesterday, to the extent where I was out of town through the evening. I should be returning home tonight, which is when I will be advancing us through to the next stage.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #581
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Cool.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #582
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Alright gents. We have advanced one very small step forward. Please check online and see if your team has any transfer requests. If not, post in here. Hopefully we can fly through this small, quick, and most likely pointless stage by tomorrow night.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #583
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Ready to roll!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #584
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

accepted the 83 rated RB frosh from Osu that is already one of the best players on my roster.....and he has to sit a year...ug

Isn't there a cheat were you can play him as a reserve in certain formations and he does not lose his redshirt?

lol not as though i would do it

Old 01-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #585
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

There probably is, and knowing EA, you probably have to pay for it.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #586
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

No transfers in for me. Boooo. I got fucked on the transfers out also...my DL took a huge hit.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-27-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #587
EddieK
High School Varsity

We welcomed in the 78 overall safety I told you all about before from Notre Dame. Motta looks to be decent come his senior year.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #588
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Sorry for the extended delay gentlemen. I moved into my new house on Friday afternoon, and up until this morning I didn't even have a television. We will advance in a few hours.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #589
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Congrats!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #590
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Thanks!

Welcome to Recruiting Week 1!

This is the first of five off-season recruiting weeks dedicated solely to recruiting. We are back on schedule and will be advancing every two days. Our first advance will be Tuesday at midnight eastern time. Best of luck!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:05 AM   #591
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Locked and loaded. I have 14 still on my board and added 4.

I only really went after 12 as i have 9 scholorships left.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #592
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I'll get mine done tonight as the mom-in-law was over last night.

Looks like I have a few more 4 star guys interested so hopefully we can lure those guys to Tech.

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 01-31-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #593
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Our recruiting is done.

Love those "auto" commits...especially 4-star guards!!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #594
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Congrats! I keep getting auto-commits from ATH's... :-\
Old 02-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #595
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighouserulez View Post
And wow i cannot find a decent Fullback in any dynasty i am in.

There seems to be a shortage in the world of good fullbacks.

Another tactic I've been trying lately is playing the fastest O-Lineman (who isn't starting) and the results have been pretty good. I don't run with the FB so I'm not missing out on anything there but I did have a few plays where I targeted him out of the backfield so I've had to scrap that play or else look to sub in a TE/RB there instead.

I haven't tried position switching them yet, just playing them out of position.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #596
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Welcome to Recruiting Week 2!

Several teams signed key players in the first week...and now the battle between FACC teams fighting over the same players heats up. Our advance deadline will be Thursday evening at midnight eastern time. Groundhog has been kicked from the league for not responding to multiple PM's since his return to FOFC. If someone wants to take over WF, please let me know.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #597
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Oh boy...looks like we'll be rolling with a "walk on" kicker...whoops!!!

DISCLAIMER: If we're playing any of you and we go for it on 4th down a lot...now you know why!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #598
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

lol!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #599
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Actually, maybe one of the "Athletes" we've recruited will fit the bill.

*fingers crossed*

EDIT: I suppose my punter will be seeing double duty but I wonder if the game will actually let me cut whoever they pick up as my kicker? Would be nice to save to save that extra roster spot for somebody useful.

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 02-02-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #600
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Offseason recruiting...wooo!