Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-01-2024, 01:59 PM   #551
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

YouTubeTV's got all of the games correct on its guide.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2024, 02:05 PM   #552
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't know if it is a DirectTV thing or an ESPN thing, but all the baseball games for today on the guide say TBD and all the times are wrong making it impossible to record the actual game without basically recording a 6 hour block.

Totally unacceptable in todays day and age.

So in an even dumber move, they corrected it and now have all the games listed. However, they cancelled my original recording so if I hadn't double checked it wouldn't have recorded anything...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #553
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and the insufferable Astros are bounced.
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #554
Ksyrup

TIGERS!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #555
Ksyrup

Hilarious that 3 AL Central teams may be left out of the last 4 in the AL.
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #556
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
and the insufferable Astros are bounced.

the Ted Cruz sports curse continues
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:57 PM   #557
Ksyrup

This is the first year since Obama was President that the Astros will not be in the ALCS.
Old Today, 02:06 PM   #558
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I sort of hate the 3-game series. Made sense for maybe lower seeds but kind of sucks for the 2nd best record in your league. Basically just making the playoffs a coin flip and killing the intensity.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:41 PM   #559
kingfc22
Head Coach

only way to fix it is to shorten the regular season but owners will never agree to giving up gate revenue

Last edited by kingfc22 : Today at 02:41 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:43 PM   #560
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I'd much rather see a shortened season even if it means 8 teams in each league. Just give me the best teams playing the best teams. Don't need to see the White Sox and Angels play 162 games.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #561
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I full on expect Jose Quintana to rip my guts out in a few hours here.
Old Today, 03:09 PM   #562
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I sort of hate the 3-game series. Made sense for maybe lower seeds but kind of sucks for the 2nd best record in your league. Basically just making the playoffs a coin flip and killing the intensity.

I think this is now a minority opinion, honestly.

I really don't care anymore. I've kinda given up on even thinking about it. We're a society that loves tournaments and playoffs and championships and all of that stuff, so this seems to be one of those areas in which the PTB's money grab somewhat coincides with the public at large's interest in being invested in teams/leagues where more teams have a chance to win it all.

These WC series haven't even been all that competitive in 3 years - this year's Brewers/Mets series is only the 2nd series not to be a 2-0 sweep. But the games have been fun/exciting for the most part. I think the micro-experiences of each game have begun to trump the macro-experience of exclusivity. That's my take, any way.
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #563
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'd be cool going back down to 154 games. What single season stat records are even a thing anymore? HR you're not going to approach the record. Nobody pitches 200 innings anymore. Hardly anyone is getting 200 hits. So, who cares?
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #564
Ksyrup

I'd be fine with that too, but that's not really a material change and doesn't address the concerns of those who think the season is too long. The only thing that would do is help with scheduling the post-season to end before Halloween (assuming they didn't expand the playoffs even further in exchange for losing a week of the regular season).

Last edited by Ksyrup : Today at 03:28 PM.