Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #551
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Those are the 3 I know of. I was wondering if there were any others or if 10 CP per turn is the max.

10 CP per turn is the max.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:30 AM   #552
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm enjoying Valkyria Chronicles, but I have a question for those who have played it. Is there any place to see who the officers are during deployment? I'm trying to maximize CP's while building a balanced team and there are only a few officers I know of so far.

Also enjoying it here. I've made it up to Chapter 8...Chapter 7 is easily the toughest so far.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #553
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It doesn't effect me at all, but for those PS3 users out there that like Linux and other OS on their PS, be sure to read the print on Firmware update 3.21 that was recently released. It eliminates the ability to use any other OS besides the default PS3 one.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #554
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Finished solo play of MW2.. quite good. Finally popped in BC2 and enjoying that as well.

So many great games out there over the past year and a half - console as well as text sims.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #555
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Also enjoying it here. I've made it up to Chapter 8...Chapter 7 is easily the toughest so far.

Just finished Chapter 7 and the difficulty definitely ramped way up. As a result, I've suffered my first death, an engineer who gave her life in the line of duty. That lance wielding lady who I now want to crush killed her and then swarmed her body in 1 turn. Very fun game that I definitely recommend to anyone who hasn't played it. Great value for 19.99.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #556
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Yeah it's a cool game and quite different from other SRPGs I've played. I wish the sequel was made for a system I own instead of the PSP.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:55 AM   #557
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm really impressed with Just Cause 2 so far. The map is literally 50 times larger than Grand Theft Auto IV. I mean the combat isn't going to blow you away and it has it's flaws, but it feels like playing a cheesy action movie. I'm just having fun exploring all the parts of Panau.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #558
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

One other question re: Valkyria Chronicles: Can you destroy the search lights? If not, it seems impossible to get the tank past all of them on level 10 without tripping them.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #559
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Finally cracked the shrink on Mass Effect 2. (I wish Bioware would have more titles). Defintely like it as much of the first although, I wish I would have went back to play #1 again first. I do like the addition of the paragon and renegade choices in the cut scenes although the hacking/bypass and planet scans are really tedious and unncessary.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #560
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Finally cracked the shrink on Mass Effect 2. (I wish Bioware would have more titles). Defintely like it as much of the first although, I wish I would have went back to play #1 again first. I do like the addition of the paragon and renegade choices in the cut scenes although the hacking/bypass and planet scans are really tedious and unncessary.

I found the hacking/bypass mini-games a bit of an upgrade (though not necessary) over the "frogger" mini-game in the first one. For some reasoon, I didn't mind the planet scans too. Much preferred them to driving that stupid Mako all over incredibly mountainous terrain.

Neither is a highlight of the game.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #561
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Agreed about the planet scans. It's getting to the point where I only them do them when I'm running low on minerals or the planet is rich.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #562
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Agreed about the planet scans. It's getting to the point where I only them do them when I'm running low on minerals or the planet is rich.

Yeah, I only scanned rich planets as well and stopped as soon as it got down to around "moderate" or whatever.

I sort of went on this little run of scanning one day, stocked up, and never really had an issue with running low on minerals.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 04-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #563
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Yeah, I only scanned rich planets as well and stopped as soon as it got down to around "moderate" or whatever.

That would be the smart thing. Unfortunately, I prefer to take the plague of locust approach and rape the planet until it says depleted and then move on. So, I guess there is a little joy in it for me.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #564
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That would be the smart thing. Unfortunately, I prefer to take the plague of locust approach and rape the planet until it says depleted and then move on. So, I guess there is a little joy in it for me.

I did at first as well, until I realized that it was too tedious for me to continue doing so
Old 04-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #565
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Well, it's the little things...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #566
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The only upgrade I never really persued was the "Medical Bay" one. It seemed really expensive and I sort of liked my scars. It made me look cool and tough.

Though, thinking back on it, they seemed to disappear on their own at some point. Hrmm...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #567
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The only upgrade I never really persued was the "Medical Bay" one. It seemed really expensive and I sort of liked my scars. It made me look cool and tough.

Though, thinking back on it, they seemed to disappear on their own at some point. Hrmm...

Same here. They disappear if you go the paragon route, so I never saw the need to buy that upgrade.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #568
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm really impressed with Just Cause 2 so far. The map is literally 50 times larger than Grand Theft Auto IV. I mean the combat isn't going to blow you away and it has it's flaws, but it feels like playing a cheesy action movie. I'm just having fun exploring all the parts of Panau.

I think I am going to get this. I didn't even know a new one was coming out. I loved the first one, it was just as you said, big and fun map. This one looks even better after looking at some trailers.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #569
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I think I am going to get this. I didn't even know a new one was coming out. I loved the first one, it was just as you said, big and fun map. This one looks even better after looking at some trailers.
I didn't like the first one that much. The map in this one puts the first to shame. It's just insanely large with so many different landscapes to play around with.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #570
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think I finished the first one, it was a rental if I recall. Still, the planes, parachuting, jungles....and from what I see and what you say I expect it to be even greater. Greatest game ever no, but worth my time and money right now as I seem to have soured on war/fps games right now.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #571
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Have several hours played on Just Cause 2 now, loving the game. Helicopters and planes flying over what seems like a giant island (chain of islands). There is times where I thought I must be halfway across the whol emap only to find out I have only gone across one area/district. The grappling hook is insanely fun as well, to the point of where it seems almost a bit like inFamous jumping from building to building.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #572
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I was excited about Red Dead Redemption but even more now: Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer Hands-On

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #573
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I was excited about Red Dead Redemption but even more now: Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer Hands-On

Oh yeah, the FOFC POSSE!!!

I'm in!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #574
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Sold!
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #575
MrDNA
High School Varsity

I don't mind them pushing the release back if they're adding cool stuff like that! I don't play multiplayer and that looks good even to me!
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #576
SportsDino
College Prospect

I'm looking forward to Red Dead, I want my wide open world cowboy game already dammit.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #577
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We need Pumpy with his cowboy hat on!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #578
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

You don't know true joy until you pull up in front of a military base, kill one of the guards on a mounted gun, get on the mounted gun, hit "A" to pick it up, then walk through the base Schwarzenegger style mowing down everything that moves or has a star on it...
Old 04-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #579
rowech
Pro Starter

I'm now through 13 chapters on Valkyria Chronices. Highly recommend this game to anyone...don't judge it by the way it looks.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #580
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I'm now through 13 chapters on Valkyria Chronices. Highly recommend this game to anyone...don't judge it by the way it looks.

I'll second this. I'm at Chapter 15 and am really enjoying this game, although I do see some flaws in the AI among other things, but fortunately they don't happen too often and they don't override the fun factor.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-11-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #581
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll second this. I'm at Chapter 15 and am really enjoying this game, although I do see some flaws in the AI among other things, but fortunately they don't happen too often and they don't override the fun factor.

Agreed...that said I think I read that when you beat the game you can play through it again with a tougher AI. Not sure that I will but if true it would add some replayability to it.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #582
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
You don't know true joy until you pull up in front of a military base, kill one of the guards on a mounted gun, get on the mounted gun, hit "A" to pick it up, then walk through the base Schwarzenegger style mowing down everything that moves or has a star on it...

I'm going to get into this game this coming week.. I've been waiting until I had some time, this sounds great!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #583
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Pull up in front of a base? That's weak man. You have to fly a plane straight into it and jump out before impact, or shoot your mini-gun and rockets from a helicopter then parachute in. After that, proceed with the mounted gun extravaganza.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #584
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Pull up in front of a base? That's weak man. You have to fly a plane straight into it and jump out before impact, or shoot your mini-gun and rockets from a helicopter then parachute in. After that, proceed with the mounted gun extravaganza.

Well, yeah, if you can get a helicopter with guns, standing off from the base and just mowing down until a SAM gets you is also great.

I took down a couple of oil rigs last night. The first one I did all up close and personal, second one I took a patrol boat from the first one to and stood off with its deck gun blasting everything I could.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #585
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, yeah, if you can get a helicopter with guns, standing off from the base and just mowing down until a SAM gets you is also great.

I took down a couple of oil rigs last night. The first one I did all up close and personal, second one I took a patrol boat from the first one to and stood off with its deck gun blasting everything I could.

I haven't done a whole lot of boating yet, I will try that one. One thing I have started doing is picking out where the SAMs are at bases and taking them out first. Even if I have to land and take out the SAMs first I will, then run back to my helicopter and mess things up. The one place this has been a pain is the big cresent shaped oil refinery/island in the middle of the map. There are multiple SAMs, 5 I think. I have four gone but it has been a problem area for me even taking them out on foot because of all the guys I run into (haven't come across a mounted gun yet there).

How much time have you put in? I have a good number of military bases "discovered" and I know a bunch that will usually have a helicopter with guns sitting around. Just get "extracted" there to get it.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #586
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I think I'm around 10 hours or so with Just Cause 2. Something like 1-2 hours per night now fairly regularly.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #587
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I think I'm around 10 hours or so with Just Cause 2. Something like 1-2 hours per night now fairly regularly.

Man, I wish I had that kind of free time.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #588
MrDNA
High School Varsity

I played the demo of Just Cause 2 and it seemed pretty fun, but repetitive. From your guys' descriptions, I'm guessing it branches out significantly. Is it totally open world, or is there some direction?
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #589
Tasan
College Starter

Argh....I'd get Just Cause 2, but its Vista/Win7 only, and my gaming rig is still XP.

This thing is pretty system heavy right? I only have an ATI 4200 in the laptop.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:42 AM   #590
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Liking Splinter Cell: Conviction so far. I like the way the story is being told with flashbacks and the reflective scenes. This could be a really good one.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #591
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Liking Splinter Cell: Conviction so far. I like the way the story is being told with flashbacks and the reflective scenes. This could be a really good one.

I cant wait to pick it up, I really like the way they went about it, I think it could be the best of the series if it was done right.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:36 AM   #592
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDNA View Post
I played the demo of Just Cause 2 and it seemed pretty fun, but repetitive. From your guys' descriptions, I'm guessing it branches out significantly. Is it totally open world, or is there some direction?
Similar to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. You have main missions and then side missions. There isn't really a set way of beating any mission either and you can do so by any number of means. It is a bit repetitive and the missions won't blow you away. The game is more about playing in a ridiculously large sandbox with a lot of enemies to kill and things to blow up.

It's pretty open ended and you can just mess around all the time. I believe there are 280 villages/towns in the game that you can rummage and blow up fixtures in. I've actually been having fun just finding different ways to cause havoc. My favorite may be tying an enemy to a windmill and watching him fly around.

Last edited by RainMaker : 04-13-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:18 AM   #593
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDNA View Post

The first 4 or so main story missions are really repetitive. They're essentially the exact same mission except you're working for different people. I nearly quit playing at that point, but decided to try a couple more and they definitely get more interesting as you go. Just keep in mind you're playing a cheesy action movie style game.

The best way I can describe it the game is it's simply fun to play. If open world games aren't your thing, I'd still recommend it as a rental just to experience the cool shit you can pull off while screwing around in the world.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:59 AM   #594
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

As for Just Cause 2, yes things can be repetitive. But it is fun enough that it doesn't matter, and as said above you can do things different ways so it kind of breaks that repetition some on it's own.

Also, I thought the enemies were kind of easy at first for a hard difficulty level, and the first time the game told me it should get harder didn't seem to make a difference (security levels go up after so much in-game destruction). After a few times of the security levels going up I see a big difference, they throw grenades more, use rocket launchers, there are simply more of them. Getting harder for sure.

I am 18.5 hours into the game. Have discovered 138 locations, completed only 13. I have only completed 5 Agency missions, 4 faction missions, and 5 Stronghold takeovers. It says 1 Challenge completed, I am guesing that is the one race I have done, and there seem to be 100's of those left on the map to do.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #595
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

What scared me away from the game was the IGN reviewer saying his play time was 5 hours from start to finish in the single player mode.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #596
Tasan
College Starter

Just finished the Just Cause 2 demo on my laptop. It ran like crap, as expected, but I really liked what I saw game wise. Just might force me to go to Win 7 on my main desktop.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #597
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
What scared me away from the game was the IGN reviewer saying his play time was 5 hours from start to finish in the single player mode.

That doesn't sound good, but I play slowly anyway so I may not notice it.

I read online a description that compared it partly to 24. To be honest, it's what I would like 24 to be (what I have played so far, love the "interogation" early in the game).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #598
Tasan
College Starter

Well, the Newegg deal on Just Cause 2 pushed me over the edge. I grabbed it and a copy of Win 7.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:14 AM   #599
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Kinda frustrated with BFBC2 (on 360) right now, past two nights I've suffered from some sort of glitchy mess where switching between primary weapons & d-pad stuff (i.e. from sniper rifle to mortar binocs) will rapidly switch multiple times, also trying to switch between them will sometimes call up your pistol instead. Will work fine for a bit, then go to crap for a bit, then go to intermittent crap & stay that way for the rest of the gaming session. Started with me last night, was that way for my son today, problem still there for me tonight, the support forum has one mention of this from someone else about 3-4 pages back in the feedback thread but that's all I can find on it.

Renders the game pretty much unplayable, although judging from the bug reports I'd say I'm not the only person frustrated with Dice/EA right now. Not much quality control or beta testing on this one from the looks of it to me.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #600
MikeVic
Head Coach

Maybe I'm lucky, but I've played BFBC2 on the PS3 for about 30 hours online so far and can't complain about anything other than the matchmaking being kinda weird sometimes.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote