Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #551
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Do I get my cut of the 58 Mil? Thats a lot of frozen huricanes.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #552
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Oceans does not count towards your win ratio. This no lynch was one of several possible outcomes of the tie. There were half a dozen outcomes possible here, most did not involve a no lynch.

Random?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:31 PM   #553
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Random?

YEP.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-28-2007 at 09:31 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 PM   #554
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Do I get my cut of the 58 Mil? Thats a lot of frozen huricanes.

Only if the GM gets a cut too 'cause that would be some pretty damn strong Pina Coladas!

I know, I know, a girly drink but I'm stuck up here in cold Illinois and could use a little umbrella drink and some sun right about now.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 PM   #555
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
YEP.

nice edit

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #556
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Only if the GM gets a cut too 'cause that would be some pretty damn strong Pina Coladas!

I know, I know, a girly drink but I'm stuck up here in cold Illinois and could use a little umbrella drink and some sun right about now.

shoulda come out for margaritas!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #557
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
nice edit

To be honest, the grammatical structure of my sentence was driving me crazy (I'm an English teacher) so I just chopped off all but the first word.

For those that missed it pre-edit, this dynamic in a tie was one of the two least likely for random.org to pick based on percentages.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #558
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, these are the players we have left. I am assuming we have 2-3 wolves remaining so we need to make something happen. Now I am assuming we have 2 seers based on the information that we converted the arrogant seer.

I am going to come out now and say I am the bodyguard. The reason I am doing it is 2 fold. At some point I am gonna get lynched or night killed and I don't want my information to go with me.

On night 1 I protected JHeinz and there was no kill that night. Ordinaraly I would find this not a huge deal but the wording in the PM for my night 1 result was different then the results of my next 2 nights, which were identical. I protected Barkeep night 2. My night 3 target will remain a secret

Now according to the rules I can't protect myself but there are items out there. I think it may be a good idea for the seer to reveal there first 3 night targets so we can get a really solid CoT going. I can then protect them tomorrow night and give them another shot at a scan.

Barkeep49
Claphamsa
jeheinz72
RendeR
Telle
SnDvls
Path12
ntndeacon
Anxiety
Lathum
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #559
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
To be honest, the grammatical structure of my sentence was driving me crazy (I'm an English teacher) so I just chopped off all but the first word.

For those that missed it pre-edit, this dynamic in a tie was one of the two least likely for random.org to pick based on percentages.

An english teacher who manages to spend all day on a message board? nice gig!@@

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #560
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I like Lathum's plan. I support his suggestion for a seer reveal.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:43 PM   #561
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
An english teacher who manages to spend all day on a message board? nice gig!@@

Yeah, student teacher's are a great thing to have...when they are good.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #562
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OK, these are the players we have left. I am assuming we have 2-3 wolves remaining so we need to make something happen. Now I am assuming we have 2 seers based on the information that we converted the arrogant seer.

I am going to come out now and say I am the bodyguard. The reason I am doing it is 2 fold. At some point I am gonna get lynched or night killed and I don't want my information to go with me.

On night 1 I protected JHeinz and there was no kill that night. Ordinaraly I would find this not a huge deal but the wording in the PM for my night 1 result was different then the results of my next 2 nights, which were identical. I protected Barkeep night 2. My night 3 target will remain a secret

Now according to the rules I can't protect myself but there are items out there. I think it may be a good idea for the seer to reveal there first 3 night targets so we can get a really solid CoT going. I can then protect them tomorrow night and give them another shot at a scan.

Barkeep49
Claphamsa
jeheinz72
RendeR
Telle
SnDvls
Path12
ntndeacon
Anxiety
Lathum

''why not night 3 protect?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #563
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I like Lathum's plan. I support his suggestion for a seer reveal.

Seriosuly people? AM I the only one who realized this guy is a wolf?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #564
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Seriosuly people? AM I the only one who realized this guy is a wolf?

dola, the seer should only reveal if they have real info to pas on! like heinz and pass are wolves (im not suggestign this thats why i picked smone dead)

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:47 PM   #565
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
''why not night 3 protect?

because I can't protect the same player 2 nights in a row.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #566
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

DOLA DOLA DOLA DOLA DOLA

vote BK

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #567
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
because I can't protect the same player 2 nights in a row.

an excelent reason

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #568
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
dola, the seer should only reveal if they have real info to pas on! like heinz and pass are wolves (im not suggestign this thats why i picked smone dead)

well here is the thing.

There are 10 players left. We can assume the seer can clear 3 players ( unless they scanned someone who is dead). That brings us to 7 uncleared players. Factor in the actual seer that makes 6. I make 5 and Clap makes 4 unknowns.

Factor in Render as a maybe cleared that leaves 3 candidates. Which gives us a 66% chance of hitting someone.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #569
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I apparently used an older model on night one for my PM to Lathum that I did not use night two or three. The wording of that PM is not indicative of any role that any of the three characters may/may not have. There is a dynamic in which things can be learned but it would've been spelled out in a very clear manner. My apologies for this as I didn't notice until reading Lathum's post.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #570
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
well here is the thing.

There are 10 players left. We can assume the seer can clear 3 players ( unless they scanned someone who is dead). That brings us to 7 uncleared players. Factor in the actual seer that makes 6. I make 5 and Clap makes 4 unknowns.

Factor in Render as a maybe cleared that leaves 3 candidates. Which gives us a 66% chance of hitting someone.

you are being a touch optimistic here. Lets suppose the seer has scanned all living players, did the seer become a seer before or after night one's scan? if after then night ones scan is completely random, as they were only an arrogant seer. So in this possible scenario we have a 50% chance of hitting someone.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #571
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am assuming we started with a seer and had one converted after night 1. I think it's time to get some info out there before someone valuable gets night killed and takes the information with them.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:11 PM   #572
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am assuming we started with a seer and had one converted after night 1. I think it's time to get some info out there before someone valuable gets night killed and takes the information with them.

In this case do we want them both to reveal? I doubt it will clear all of the villigars but will give us an idea of a few more folks.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #573
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Im fine with lathum's plan - I dont see any real issue there.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:49 AM   #574
path12
Coordinator

Wow, still alive. I'm fine with that plan also, even more so if I've been already scanned and cleared.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:33 AM   #575
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well here is the thing.

Not that I dont belive you, but you havent been cleared in somes eyes, hell render hasnt either!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:11 AM   #576
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Not that I dont belive you, but you havent been cleared in somes eyes, hell render hasnt either!

well unless somone claims bodyguard I would think I am in pretty good shape.

It's been stated that the bad guys don't know what roles aren't in the game so it would be a pretty unneccesary risk to make this play here as a wolf.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:14 AM   #577
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
While I don't think Lathum's quite right that we can get down to 3 candidates I do think the seer can greatly help us narrow things down. Not hitting a wolf by day 4 almost always means the good guys have lost the game. We need to retard their progress somewhat and having a firm COT gives us that.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:15 AM   #578
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
It's been stated that the bad guys don't know what roles aren't in the game

Where'd that happen?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 AM   #579
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hrm, interesting. Some questions...

- Why protect me on Night One Lathum? Being that I have no role it just seems like an odd move to pick me out of a hat.

- So are we now 2/5th of the way to the Oceans' win-set?

- Are we sure about this seer reveal plan? It seems like we could be muddying waters a bit with it.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #580
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Actually I should be pretty well verified here. if there was indeed a GOOD duke still out there and I was a lying wolf they would have duked it to me to ensure a wolf goes down last night.

They didn't because *I* am the good duke. As I've been trying to explain all along.

My only issue with lathum's plan is this: The wolves know who I am, they also know my role has no acting power beyond voting, so I'm not a prime target, they can kill me whenever they choose.

They now know who the BG is, if in fact Lathum IS the BG, I don't see why he would false reveal at this point.

That leaves 1 major good role left, the real seer. If they reveal themselves now and do not have any real beneficial info (If they scanned the dead people only so far for example) then they're in the driver's seat and can win this game prety easily.

I can get behind Lathum's plan IF the seer has some real useful info with wich we can clear at least 2 or 3 people.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:34 AM   #581
SnDvls
Pro Starter

my only concern is that there is only one seer still.

The one seer was either 1) the arrogant seer and was converted/changed after night 1 and thus only has 2 good scans or possibly 1 if they rescanned their night 1 target or 2) the arrogant seer comment was put there to throw everyone off and we really only have 1 true seer and now we're asking them to out themself.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:35 AM   #582
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Hrm, interesting. Some questions...

- Why protect me on Night One Lathum? Being that I have no role it just seems like an odd move to pick me out of a hat.

- So are we now 2/5th of the way to the Oceans' win-set?

- Are we sure about this seer reveal plan? It seems like we could be muddying waters a bit with it.

Not that I'm feeling warm and fuzzy enough to defend Lathum, but it was night 1, who was more apropriate for him to defend? none of us knew anything so it pretty much had to be a random protection order.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:43 AM   #583
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
my only concern is that there is only one seer still.

The one seer was either 1) the arrogant seer and was converted/changed after night 1 and thus only has 2 good scans or possibly 1 if they rescanned their night 1 target or 2) the arrogant seer comment was put there to throw everyone off and we really only have 1 true seer and now we're asking them to out themself.

I agree with you, thats why I qualified my comments that they had to have enough info to make it worthwhile.

If we think we can trust Lathum's reveal (based on what I know and see so far there is no real reason not to) Then we can start with he and I, add Clam, if the seer can clear at least 2 more then I think we can go with this. as that would give us a 5 vote block and pretty much control who gets lynched from here on out.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #584
RendeR
Coordinator

Adding the seer would then make it 6, so I suppose even if the seer only has 1 name it could work as well. 2 would be best as that would leave us only 1 in 4 chance of lynching a villager at this point.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #585
RendeR
Coordinator

Sorry if I just reitereated everything Lathum said, but I had to write it out and ponder it for myself to be sure I understood it.

At this point I think we should go with it. it gives us our CoT and controls the voting.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:50 AM   #586
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Not that I'm feeling warm and fuzzy enough to defend Lathum, but it was night 1, who was more apropriate for him to defend? none of us knew anything so it pretty much had to be a random protection order.

Well admiteddly I've never been a seer, but I'd think that without relevant info game-wise, I"d protect someone who I thought was a good villager or a likely night-kill reputation-wise. I'm surely neither of those.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 AM   #587
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Well admiteddly I've never been a seer, but I'd think that without relevant info game-wise, I"d protect someone who I thought was a good villager or a likely night-kill reputation-wise. I'm surely neither of those.

Well like Render said I had no idea about anyones role night 1, plus I was driving for 13 hours that day. I chacked my role early on and sent in that order for 2 reasons.

1. I felt you wouldn't be a likely day 1 lynch, that way if I missed the deadline I wouldn't be wasting my night action.

2. Please don't take this personaly, but I didn't want to guard one of the "usual" suspects because I didn't want the wolves to assume I would guard someone like Barkeep or ChiefRum. I want'd to protect someone more low key hoping the wolves wouldn't wanna risk a night 1 attack on a "vet"
Old 11-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #588
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I also think we can pretty much clear Render now since the real duke would have likely lynched him last night.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #589
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
dola- I also think we can pretty much clear Render now since the real duke would have likely lynched him last night.
Really? That doesn't make sense. All it suggests it that Render is not the evil duke in a game with two dukes. But I never really believed there were two dukes to begin with.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #590
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Actualy this doesn't clear Render since there is no guarentee of 2 dukes in the game.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:33 AM   #591
RendeR
Coordinator

Oh for fucks sake you two, get off it.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #592
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

just stating a fact.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 AM   #593
RendeR
Coordinator

I AM NOT THE "EVIL" DUKE < MOVE THE HELL ALONG .

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 11-29-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #594
RendeR
Coordinator

Sorry, but Lathum, you're a real ass when you play, no matter the situation you make up your mind and lock your jaws until a villager is killed to satisfy your mental fucking state.

You're both WRONG, AGAIN. Please let go of this ignorant fucking theory and get on with trying to actually win the ame, if you waste yet ANOTHER day trying to lynch me then you're sealing this game for the wolves. Its stupid.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 AM   #595
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I AM NOT THE "EVIL" DUKE YOU STUBBORN FUCKING MULES< MOVE THE HELL ALONG AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL FOR A CHANGE.

Getting a bit sensitive?

I only pointed out the possibility of you being the wolf duke because I felt that it would be a mistake putting you into the 100% trusted category for being the duke when there exists the possibility of a wolf duke. But as far as I'm concerned, that just means that you're not any more cleared than the rest of us.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #596
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

At the very least we should be looking at uncleared folks.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #597
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

and to that end...

I am the seer.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 AM   #598
Telle
College Starter

Original or previously-arrogant?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:00 AM   #599
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

On night one, I looked at Chief Rum and got a weird result. rogue. I assume that is the event that changed me from arrogant seer to seer. I have not found a wolf. I can clear two people though....NIght 2 I looked at Barkeep. Night 3 I looked at Telle. both are villagers
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #600
Telle
College Starter

Sweet. Now we have a definite CoT of three.. and possibly up to six if the other three reveals can be trusted.