Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #551
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
He probably would have hit one of the extra seats that the owners would put in their place.

In that case it would at least be someone who can catch a player and break his fall rather than someone who's just sticking a camera out there.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:40 PM   #552
miami_fan
Coordinator

Not sure if this is a joke or not. But at halftime...

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #553
nol
Banned

Quote:
Not sure if this is a joke or not. But at halftime...

Brian Windhorst takes himself way, way too seriously for that to be a joke.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #554
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Did we just see LeBron's dick?

You sure did. But at least you were watching the game when you saw it. I was on reddit and willfully clicked on a link that promised nothing less than LeBron's dick.

Last edited by molson : 06-11-2015 at 10:02 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #555
kingfc22
Head Coach

Dellavadova realizing he's Dellavadova tonight.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:25 PM   #556
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
You sure did. But at least you were watching the game when you saw it. I was on reddit and willfully clicked on a link that promised nothing less than LeBron's dick.

Some links are meant to stay blue...
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:27 PM   #557
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I think I could score on David Lee.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:32 PM   #558
miami_fan
Coordinator

So we have about two minutes before we sit the Cavs stars, right?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 06-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #559
miami_fan
Coordinator

Is that Marlins fan behind Golden State's bench the same guy from last year's World Series?

Last edited by miami_fan : 06-11-2015 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:56 PM   #560
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Is that Marlins fan behind Golden State's bench the same guy from last year's World Series?

Yep. Somehow he manages to get to all the big sporting events.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:09 AM   #561
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Doesn't Huizenga or whoever owns the Marlins these days help subsidize his costs?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:57 AM   #562
nol
Banned

I saw Draymond Green actually hit a routine wide-open 15 footer in the 4th quarter and it made me think this series is pretty much over. Much more of the expected outcome, but it definitely took some good adjustments from the Warriors to get to this point.

I wonder if the Cavs' rotation is the lowest-paid (in terms of percentage of the salary cap) NBA finals lineup in history. My only other guess would be the Thunder just because Westbrook and Harden were a year or two from being able to get paid what they were worth.

Last edited by nol : 06-12-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:09 AM   #563
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Kerr stated in the morning presser that Bogut was starting. Asked almost immediately in the post game press conference "When did you make the decision to start Andre, and when did you tell him he was starting?" His response was "We made the decision this morning. So when Tim Kawakami asked me this morning if Bogut was starting and I said yes...I lied."

Also, he gave credit to the team's film technician for suggesting to start Iguodala. Not sure if it's true or not, but if so tons of respect to Kerr for not only listening to everyone on the staff, but for fostering an environment where everyone, even the youngest guy on staff, is willing to share their opinion, even if it's different.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:44 AM   #564
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Doesn't Huizenga or whoever owns the Marlins these days help subsidize his costs?

Loria got the city of Miami to subsidize his stadium. He is probably trying to figure out how to get that guy to pay him.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:19 AM   #565
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Kerr stated in the morning presser that Bogut was starting. Asked almost immediately in the post game press conference "When did you make the decision to start Andre, and when did you tell him he was starting?" His response was "We made the decision this morning. So when Tim Kawakami asked me this morning if Bogut was starting and I said yes...I lied."

Good thing Stern is not still the commissioner. He might have gotten fined for not informing the league he was going to "rest" one of his starters.

Quote:
Also, he gave credit to the team's film technician for suggesting to start Iguodala. Not sure if it's true or not, but if so tons of respect to Kerr for not only listening to everyone on the staff, but for fostering an environment where everyone, even the youngest guy on staff, is willing to share their opinion, even if it's different.

IIRC this is the primary reason for Mark Jackson getting fired.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:03 AM   #566
RainMaker
General Manager

AI was phenomenal guarding Lebron. Can't think of anyone who has done a better job over the years.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #567
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
AI was phenomenal guarding Lebron. Can't think of anyone who has done a better job over the years.

Deng?
Old 06-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #568
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Quote:

Kawhi Leonard?
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #569
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

AI?

Dude... Iguodola.

There is only one AI in NBA, and we all know who that is (and I am not even a particularly great fan of his).

Don't be a lazy typer!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:51 AM   #570
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
IIRC this is the primary reason for Mark Jackson getting fired.

I thought Mark Jackson was fired because he's an asshole.

I have since heard from a number of different media personalities that he is, indeed, an asshole.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #571
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Did anyone else notice how Jackson spent a few occasions last night in the broadcast to explain how Iggy, while having arguably his best postseason game in his career, didn't buy into the team's concept last season and that's why they didn't go far? This series and the GS success has to be a major burr up Jackson's ass. It's humorous to watch him take veiled shots at certain guys on GS as a way to deflect the many positive changes Kerr made.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #572
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Paul Pierce?
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #573
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I thought Mark Jackson was fired because he's an asshole.

I have since heard from a number of different media personalities that he is, indeed, an asshole.

That was the primary manifestation of being an asshole. The Warriors gave him the budget to go and hire the best assistant coaches like they have with Kerr, but Jackson fired everyone who wasn't a yes man.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #574
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
That was the primary manifestation of being an asshole. The Warriors gave him the budget to go and hire the best assistant coaches like they have with Kerr, but Jackson fired everyone who wasn't a yes man.

Yup. Local talk was that he was afraid to hire people around him who might be better/more knowledgeable than him. Management thought that between this attitude and the offensive ineptitude, it was impeding the team's growth and they went in a different direction.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 06-12-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #575
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Yeah, totally agreed. At least they put the ball inside the paint and even if David Lee isn't shooting, the ball then goes outside and gives "the freaking shooters" better position and rhythm to hit their outside shots.

Looks the Warriors coaching staff had the same opinio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Warriors finally dictating the pace of the game which usually gives them an advantage.

Yep, Iguodala over Bogut allows them to run.

Quote:
I wonder if the Cavs' rotation is the lowest-paid (in terms of percentage of the salary cap) NBA finals lineup in history. My only other guess would be the Thunder just because Westbrook and Harden were a year or two from being able to get paid what they were worth.

Well, they honestly should be starting Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and have Varejao on the bench wearing a jersey. I guess no one can blame the Cavs management there.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #576
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Ologist View Post
Kawhi Leonard?

Forgot about what he did to him last year!
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:39 PM   #577
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Well, they honestly should be starting Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and have Varejao on the bench wearing a jersey. I guess no one can blame the Cavs management there.

That's what I mean. Usually having $30+ million worth of players get injured is going to stop a team well short of winning a couple games in the finals.

Last edited by nol : 06-12-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:28 PM   #578
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Nice read.

How to Be a Big Shot | The Players' Tribune
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:02 AM   #579
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Cavs 07?

Depends on who you consider the starter but you got LeBron on his rookie contract, Sasha Pavlick, BigZ, Gooden and the ? is who do you consider the SG? Boogie Gibson played more than Hughes and I think they split starts. If you take Boogie it looks to be a starting lineup of 25 million and the cap was around 55 million. This year's lineup is more than 50% of the cap.

Side note to OP, Harden didn't start. Sefolosha started over Harden I'm pretty sure because OKC didn't want to pay a 6th man that much and made the trade with Houston.

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 06-13-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:38 PM   #580
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Cavs 07?

Depends on who you consider the starter but you got LeBron on his rookie contract, Sasha Pavlick, BigZ, Gooden and the ? is who do you consider the SG? Boogie Gibson played more than Hughes and I think they split starts. If you take Boogie it looks to be a starting lineup of 25 million and the cap was around 55 million. This year's lineup is more than 50% of the cap.

Side note to OP, Harden didn't start. Sefolosha started over Harden I'm pretty sure because OKC didn't want to pay a 6th man that much and made the trade with Houston.

Larry Hughes played at the beginning and got 'hurt' much like Rondo got hurt against Houston this year, and that alone would push them significantly over. Sefolosha started, but Harden played way more minutes, so it's not as much about the starting 5 as it is that a team like '07 Cleveland had about $55M worth of players besides LeBron but didn't spend that money very well whereas this year's team doesn't have any terrible contracts but only has $25M worth of non-LeBron players available.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #581
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
My apologies to Groundhog, but I have been debating all series long so far which Aussie I would more love to punch in the face.

Late reply, but no worries, us Aussies take that as a compliment
Old 06-14-2015, 07:24 PM   #582
kingfc22
Head Coach

JR Smith doing JR Smith things. Guy is an absolute moron.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:33 PM   #583
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
JR Smith doing JR Smith things. Guy is an absolute moron.

David Blatt is worse.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:09 PM   #584
bob
College Starter

I hate when the shooter initiates contact and the foul is called on the defender.

We had a guy in high school that did that and even though it helped my team, it drove me nuts.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #585
miami_fan
Coordinator

The officials are letting everything go. Fine, just don't fuck it up by calling touch fouls in the 4th Qtr.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:10 PM   #586
miami_fan
Coordinator

The MVP has to do better than that in an end of quarter situation.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #587
stevew
Hall Of Famer

we've seen enough mike miller
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:15 PM   #588
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
The officials are letting everything go. Fine, just don't fuck it up by calling touch fouls in the 4th Qtr.

Here we go with the touch fouls.

HARRISON BARNES GOING STRONG!
Old 06-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #589
kingfc22
Head Coach

That 3 by James and answer by Curry. Just wow.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #590
kingfc22
Head Coach

And Klay finally makes a shot.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #591
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

That minute won the game for GS.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #592
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yuck
Old 06-14-2015, 09:34 PM   #593
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I hate guys that can't make free throws
Old 06-14-2015, 09:34 PM   #594
miami_fan
Coordinator

Wide open layup but let's throw it back to Tristan Thompson.

I don't know this new NBA.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #595
kingfc22
Head Coach

Dagger.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #596
kingfc22
Head Coach

Make a damn FT Iggy
Old 06-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #597
cuervo72
Head Coach

Holy fuck this is ineptitude.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #598
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They should be fouling him every possession
Old 06-14-2015, 09:47 PM   #599
kingfc22
Head Coach

Lebron is gassed. Barely made it past half court that last Cavs possession.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 06-14-2015 at 09:47 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #600
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

How does JR Smith draw a paycheck
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote