Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-31-2006, 11:58 PM   #551
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
The eclipse had SOME significance though. It stirred something. That's why a bunch of people suddenly are realizing their full potential. And there is a reason why the 'O' in the 'HEROES' is an eclipse. It's gotta be something, or else why put all that time into making it stand out?

Maybe the eclipse was interperted as some sort of sign to the whack job(s) who want to blow up NYC.

At most, I think the Eclipse helped speed up the power evolution of their powers, but I don't think it even did that. Good post earlier that explained all of the things that would have happened before the eclipse (I was only thinking of Ali Larter's alter ego.)

Also, I think HA's theory on how Ali will come back to life is a very interesting one.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:05 AM   #552
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Is it possible that evil stripper is Sylar? We don't really know the extent of her powers, but it's obvious she has increased strength based on the last episode.
No, in the pilot episode, the father is on tape talking to Sylar who is definitely male, and I think there are other instances where he is referred to as "him".
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:46 AM   #553
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Thinking more on this this. There's no way the eclipse is what triggered their powers. At least not all of them. Isaac had clearly been painting the future before hand. He kept referring to paintings that foretold the future that he had painted "weeks" ago. Also, the "Nine Wonders" comic (or whatever the name is), is basically Isaac precogging everything that happens. For it to have been written and published (Hiro saw it in ep 1 or 2), he would have had to drawn it a long time ago.

Speaking of the comic, anyone see the cover of the comic that the little kid had? With that wild, haired yellow monster looking thing on the cover? Interesting...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:50 AM   #554
Raiders Army
Coordinator

On the eclipse/powers debate...

I think they've always had their powers. I think they alluded to it when the Cheerleader's mom told the Cheerleader about when she was younger after the "real" parents left. I thought that was a nod to Unbreakable like when Bruce Willis asked his wife when the last time he had been sick. They just haven't known about their powers until now or until something happened to trigger them.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:59 AM   #555
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Let's go down the list:

DL: Walks through walls. Triggered possibly by his desire to escape prison.
Niki Sanders: Split personality/superhuman strength. Possibly triggered by DL doing a "bad" deal and her evil side wanting to get in on it.
Isaac Mendez: Paints the future. Doesn't realize it until he starts taking drugs.
Nathan Petrelli: Flies. Unknown how he found this out.
Peter Petrelli: Absorbs others' powers. Triggered by contact with future boy and sees that he can fly.
Claire: Regeneration. Possibly triggered by getting hurt and then rapidly healing.
Matt Parkman: Telepathy. Triggered by an intense emotional outcry by a child. (?)
Hiro: Bends space/time. Forgot how he found out.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:03 AM   #556
wade moore
lolzcat

Is it possible that Ali Larter had a split personality problem with NO powers when she setup DL's crew and took the $2mil? DL mentioned he'd never seen people torn up like that, is it possible his crew was killed in some sort of "standard" manner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:37 AM   #557
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The thing I have been wondering about Ali Larter's character... everyone assumes that with the good Ali and bad Ali that it is Bad Ali thats new as part of these powers.

What do we know of her before these powers showed up... she obviously was in a relationship where stealing/robbing/killing was acceptable way to make money (ie: DL's going to rob 2 million for their family with his "Crew"). We know that she was perfectly fine stripping on the internet for money. We know that at some point Ali had killed the crew and stolen the money, framing DL for it and keeping the money.

Maybe when these "superpowers" presented themself and created a split personality for her, that the kinder caring Ali came about from that. With her "powers" we saw her willing to go sleep with the politician (just a short step up from the stripping she already was doing), she has killed various people (which it seems she did before the super powers, but now she just kills them ruthlessly and visciously).

Its a stretch, and there are some holes in the theory such as why didn't she do anything with the 2 million dollars she had, or why did DL not seem affected at her being nice when he showed up.

I guess it is a long shot, but in many heroic battles you see a good guy pit vs a bad guy. Perhaps her own heroic struggle is the fight between good Ali and bad Ali, where good Ali has yet to learn how to use her abilities or powers.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #558
Huckleberry
College Starter

If Peter has a scar in the future then he must get in a battle either (a) before he meets the cheerleader or (b) after the cheerleader dies.

It would have to be (b) if Peter can use Claire's powers to heal old injuries.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:11 AM   #559
cmgdodgers
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
If Peter has a scar in the future then he must get in a battle either (a) before he meets the cheerleader or (b) after the cheerleader dies.

Does anyone else think there is the possibility that at some point there will be a split between the "heroes" and we will have a good and a bad side?

If so we have the possibility of Claire, and Peter being on opposing sides, keeping Peter from using her powers to heal.
cmgdodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:32 AM   #560
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgdodgers View Post
Does anyone else think there is the possibility that at some point there will be a split between the "heroes" and we will have a good and a bad side?

If so we have the possibility of Claire, and Peter being on opposing sides, keeping Peter from using her powers to heal.

I'm quite certain we all expect that.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #561
jbmagic
Pro Starter

If you guys like Heroes, then you should also check out Smallville. Awesome show too.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #562
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
If you guys like Heroes, then you should also check out Smallville. Awesome show too.

I like Smallville, but it is a completely different style of show.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #563
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I like bacon.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #564
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
I like bacon.

If you like bacon, then you should also check out sausage. Awesome pork product too.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #565
MikeVic
Head Coach

I like HA's theory on Ali's death too. Also, when we first see future Hiro, one of the first things he says was that he couldn't be there long because it'll cause a rift... I know that he's aware of these things, but why would that be almost the first thing out of his mouth unless he's had experience with causing rifts before?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #566
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I like Smallville, but it is a completely different style of show.

Definitely 2 different shows.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #567
Izulde
Head Coach

Smallville never appealed to me.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:50 PM   #568
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Smallville never appealed to me.

The hot chicks in Smallville have always appealed to me.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #569
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post

Not necessarily. It's entirely possible that a scar inflicted by Sylar or some other random villain could be unhealable.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #570
Towelhead
n00b

Location: Sadly, too close to the epicenter known as New Orleans
I am still trying to find out why Hiro didn't freeze time the second time he was accosted by the card sharks. I may not be japanese, but I certainly know that a guy who was pissed with me recently is STILL likely to be pissed with me.

The possibilities are endless.
If you HAVE seen somefin, pretend it's nuffin.
Towelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #571
Crim
College Benchwarmer

If you guys like the show Heroes, you should check out comic books. Awesome superheroes in them, too.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:26 AM   #572
Ragone
Pro Rookie

If you guys like the show Hereos, you should check out Hogan's Heros. I know nothing
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:35 AM   #573
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
If you guys like the show Heroes, you should check out comic books. Awesome superheroes in them, too.

I would further recommend the aforementioned Rising Stars or Supreme Power followed by Squadron Supreme.

Supreme Power was a limited series and Squadron Supreme is an ongoing on issue #6 right now I believe.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #574
Coop
High School JV

If you guys like Heroes you should watch Battlestar Galactica, it's the best show on TV
Old 11-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #575
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

If you guys like Heroes you should look what I just left in the toilet, it's better than Deal or No Deal.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #576
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
If you guys like Heroes you should look what I just left in the toilet, it's better than Deal or No Deal.

Is it possible to still see this, or did you flush it already?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #577
ausonny
High School Varsity

A really disturbing blog/review of Heroes from Harry Knowles. This man is a little sick.

No spoilers, atlhough he has some theories, of a sort. You'll just have to read.

hxxp://www.aintitcool.com/node/30606?harry_knowles_endorses_heroes_generally_and_wants_to_save_the_cheerleader_in_particular

Last edited by ausonny : 11-06-2006 at 04:31 PM.
ausonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #578
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausonny View Post
A really disturbing blog/review of Heroes from Harry Knowles.

No spoilers, atlhough he has some theories, of a sort. You'll just have to read.

hxxp://www.aintitcool.com/node/30606?harry_knowles_endorses_heroes_generally_and_wants_to_save_the_cheerleader_in_particular

While I enjoy Aint It Cool News quite a bit and visit the site daily, Harry Knowles is a waste of f**king space. His reviews are useless. He's got horrible taste in film. Just horrible. I try to ignore anything the man has to say.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #579
ausonny
High School Varsity

Make an exception.
ausonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #580
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausonny View Post
Make an exception.

Ok. I'm trusting you here...

Edit: And you failed me. Miserably. What the fuck? Why would I want to read about that? That was crap. It was horrible from beginning to end. It was even worse than what I remember from that guy.

You owe me that 45 seconds of my life back. You, sir, are on notice.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 11-06-2006 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #581
Flasch186
Coordinator

Your suspect!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #582
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelhead View Post
I am still trying to find out why Hiro didn't freeze time the second time he was accosted by the card sharks. I may not be japanese, but I certainly know that a guy who was pissed with me recently is STILL likely to be pissed with me.

The possibilities are endless.

This annoyed me early on in the series. They are starting to explore it a bit, so I'm hoping/expecting an explanation. Even though it'll mostly likely be a bit of a copout.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #583
KevinNU7
College Starter

Holy shit! How did that happen!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:57 PM   #584
KevinNU7
College Starter

"One guy had horned rim glasses. The other was some spooky Euro dude."

WTF? How about mentioning he was black.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #585
KevinNU7
College Starter

That episode was pointless
Old 11-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #586
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7 View Post
"One guy had horned rim glasses. The other was some spooky Euro dude."

WTF? How about mentioning he was black.

So it's not just memory wipe.

It's memory ALTERATION.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #587
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
So it's not just memory wipe.

It's memory ALTERATION.
They didn't get a hold of the politican, he just decided to call the black a Euro Dude.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #588
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
That episode was pointless

Not really. It further established connections between some of the heroes and I think this Sprague dude will be an interesting side point.

Oh and the fraternity president, who I watch each episode with, is gloating right now about being right about Micah.

Was it a whoa holy shit episode? No, but as I said, it's more of a builder episode.

Another interesting point: The role radiation plays in this.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #589
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
They didn't get a hold of the politican, he just decided to call the black a Euro Dude.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Remember, they did take the politician from the hotel room.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #590
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

"Flying around? How does that help anything? What do I do when I get there?"

Heh, don't know why, but I liked that line.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:04 PM   #591
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
So in this episode every Hereos is essentially going to give away their secret? Lame

I mean, 1 or 2 fine, but pretty much all of them?! come on

what was the purpose of these 10 posts? go pad your post count some other way
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #592
Anthony
Banned

so i guess Micah wins the award for most useless power.

"i am 'Fix Broken Payphones Man"!!!"
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #593
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think this Sprague dude will be an interesting side point.

He'll be a bit more than an "interesting side point", IMO. Remember when he was warning the cops about shooting him and saying he didn't know what would happen, like maybe a nuclear bomb going off (or something similar). It seems to me that the explosion isn't a 'nuke' in the traditional sense, but Skylar trying to slice open Sprague (with Sprague being royally pissed off). He's pure radioactive energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic

Not so fast, my friend. He seems to be a technopath, ie, he can control technology (there was an allusion to him fixing a motherboard earler in the series). That may be somewhat important, what with all the protected information on the internet and whatnot. He may also be able to channel it to listen in on sensitive phone conversations without a bug. Basically, he can be the ultimate spy using the wires.

Also, I'm sure that power, when corralled, can control any technology, like, say, cars or electical systems.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:33 PM   #594
Izulde
Head Coach

One other thing I wanted to mention earlier but didn't get a chance to.

Both Sprague and the Cop have an equals sign tattoo on their bodies. It looked like this: =

Maybe that's a sign indicating a future divide of heroes?

Old 11-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #595
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
He'll be a bit more than an "interesting side point", IMO. Remember when he was warning the cops about shooting him and saying he didn't know what would happen, like maybe a nuclear bomb going off (or something similar). It seems to me that the explosion isn't a 'nuke' in the traditional sense, but Skylar trying to slice open Sprague (with Sprague being royally pissed off). He's pure radioactive energy.

That could very well be. I'm still curious about the = sign too, that I just mentioned.

Quote:
Not so fast, my friend. He seems to be a technopath, ie, he can control technology (there was an allusion to him fixing a motherboard earler in the series). That may be somewhat important, what with all the protected information on the internet and whatnot. He may also be able to channel it to listen in on sensitive phone conversations without a bug. Basically, he can be the ultimate spy using the wires.

Also, I'm sure that power, when corralled, can control any technology, like, say, cars or electical systems.

Precisely. It also makes sense gentically speaking because DL can pass his body through materials... so Micah, as a more advanced form of evolution in the bloodline and DNA (theoretically) takes it to the next level with being able to manipulate the most current technology to his will.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:05 AM   #596
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
One other thing I wanted to mention earlier but didn't get a chance to.

Both Sprague and the Cop have an equals sign tattoo on their bodies. It looked like this: =

Maybe that's a sign indicating a future divide of heroes?

I think it's just the beginning of the full tattoo that Nicky (or Jessica) is sporting.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #597
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I think it's just the beginning of the full tattoo that Nicky (or Jessica) is sporting.

Bah, beat me to it. That is exactly what I was thinking.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:37 AM   #598
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
"Flying around? How does that help anything? What do I do when I get there?"

Heh, don't know why, but I liked that line.

I LOL'd at that line.

still loving the show, although there are a few bones of contention.

first, the FBI chick stuff is ridiculous. Can't they at least try a little bit to have some realistic police work? The cop goes from a suspect to some sort of honorary junior FBI deputy or something, which pays off because his BRILLIANT detective work makes a connection that a 4-year old could have made, but the FBI chick couldn't. And then they storm into a radioactive house they think is inhabited by a serial killer...without backup. I don't expect the Wire, and I appreciate not bogging the show down with needless details...but seriously people.

second, the acting can be a little rough at times. I think the actors are generally pretty decent, but some (Peter and Parkman for example) seem to waiver between on top of their character and being unsure of how to play it. Wonder if that's more an issue with directing...

anyway, still digging it overall. I think they've learned some lessons from Lost. There's a nice pace to the show; there's plenty of mystery, but you don't need to wait months/years/forever to have some resolved. And so far they've kept most of the key players involved in almost every episode - something Lost definitely does not do.

and I didn't realize until last night that the theme music is by Wendy & Lisa.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #599
cschex
High School Varsity

Agreed on the FBI chick, but my wife and I think that she's not necessarily playing for the angels...or at least, we are hoping she isn't. Her having such an interest in Parkman and pulling all of the strings seems a little too convinient to me. Otherwise, an enjoyable episode, I thought.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:02 AM   #600
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post

I still think his mom wins that prize.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote