Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 AM   #551
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Wow, lotsa stuff since I was last here! Good job nailing claphamsa Pass, I saw the whole ordeal as well, as I was on Galactica. Sucks you had to die though to get the deed done.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 AM   #552
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I am looking at this group: JeHeinz(133), The Jackal(137), Mauboy1(143), St. Cronin(147), Claphamsa(221)

They all were no lynches. With no late movement, and an unknown tiebreaker, I think it's quite probable we had wolves with no place to move their vote to save clap.

Unvote clap
Vote Jeheinz

That's fine and all that (since I"m basically a useless Human) but why me out of that group?

I leave at 6 PM EST man and don't come back, when I had left, IIRC clap didn't have all that many votes.

To me, that list, combined with Day Two's votes show 3 better candidates than I, let's recap your list

clap: obviously bad, we know.
Me; voted No Lynch and then path (who some/many still suspect)
Cronin: NL and then Lathum (confirmed villager)
Jacka: NL and then Lathum (confirmed villager)
Mau: NL and then Narcizo (very very likely villager)

Yet you pick me out of that crowd? Strange beans.

I'll be voting for one of those other 3, almost without a doubt.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #553
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
5 - No Lynch JeHeinz(133), The Jackal(137), Mauboy1(143), St. Cronin(147), Claphamsa(221)
5 - Claphamsa Passacaglia(140), Narcizo(181), lathum(214), Sonic Youth(220), barkeep49(229)
1 - Greyroofoo nfg22(142)
1 - Passacaglia PyrdueBrad(151)
1 - nfg22 Greyroofoo(155)
1 - Sonic Youth Path12(168)

People really, really need to stop attaching so much importance to the no lynch vote as being any sort of indicator of a Cylon. No it's very possible that there is another wolf voting no lynch but to try and construe it as some sort of save attempt for Clap just doesn't stand up at all.

The last vote for no lynch (other than Clap's own self-preservation vote) was at #147. Clap only really looks in danger when Sonic switches his vote at #220.

If you want to argue that it's wolfish to vote no lynch on day one then fair enough but, aside from that and as Path pointed out, the people who voted singletons are every bit as worthy of suspicion as the no lynch voters. Which means that the only real analysis you can draw from the day one vote is that the five people who voted Clap are less likely to be wolves. (particularly Sonic and myself - Sonic because his switch really endangered clap, me because I put the second vote on Clap when I easily could have put it elsewhere, or left it on Jackal) Unfortunately two of those people are dead.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #554
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Why? You three could have moved to no lynch to help protect clap.

This is refering to Path's statement that nfg, Grey, Purdue or Path can't be ruled out by a day one vote analysis.

Nfg, Purdue and Path all said that they don't like a no lynch vote. Switching to a no lynch vote would look ultra-suspicious for them, and clap.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #555
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I hate having the separate vote post. Anyway, Heinz gets my vote because he looks like the first legal no lynch today.

Quote:
VOTE JEHEINZ72

Quote:
Crap, didn't see clapham's vote. I don't want to double up this soon.

Quote:
UNVOTE JEHEINZ72
VOTE SONIC YOUTH

Even at the time I was wondering why Path didn't want to put a second vote on heinz, as a challenge to the no lynch vote. It made no sense to me at the time and Pass and heinz both commented on it at the time. Of course, if Path knows clap is a wolf he'd be very wary of potentially challenging the no-lynch vote with a wolf one-two vote on someone. I can see him voting, noticing that clap has voted and then moving his vote quickly.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:45 AM   #556
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm tellin' ya, Path is a baddie. I may not vote for him again today, but I don't like what I'm seeing from him.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #557
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Finally there's the whole Kara thing.I would imagine that Path is going to claim some sort of semi-seer/seer role explaining how he knew that Pass's real name was Kara. (I was wondering what that was all about at the time, the whole thing seemed bizarre). However I would say that the fact that he was able to discover Pass's real name in no way means that he isn't a wolf. You could just as easily argue that he was a wolf looking to buy trust by revealing to Pass that he knew his name. I don't see a full-blown seer risking themselves coming out with a reveal that could easily be traced like that.

Whether path is a wolf or not I suspect that me going so strongly after him puts my life at risk even before the deadline (if there are day kills out there - kill me to make path look bad) so I'd better get as much information out there as possible. To back up that there is information to be had for any role I have seen a recent medical report that states that nfg is a human.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #558
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I guess I should probably have put that somewhere more noticeable than at the bottom of a post so just to state that I've seen evidence that says that NFG is human. This could well be my last post before deadline. I've hogged the thread too much anyway.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #559
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
This screams wolf to me. Path votes for me despite the fact that Pass has vouched for me. That seems odd from the outset. In the case of a vouch you accept it and then try to assertain if the person doing the vouch is trustworthy. Then he moots the idea that a run on Lathum is wolfish and then he lays out the "I'll trust you on this" card. That looks like a perfect bit of blame-placing in preparation for Lathum coming up villager.

Path you're going to have to cough up some information to get me to move this vote.

I've already coughed up enough information, thanks very much. I voted for you originally, saying I wasn't thrilled with it BECAUSE Pass had vouched for you, simply because the run on Lathum (a human as we now know) concerned me and you were the next leading vote getter. Pass (who I trusted and who trusted me, hence his post yesterday saying that I needed protection) ended up swaying me over away from you and onto Lathum.

I would dispute your contention that it "screams wolf". I thought it made perfect sense at the time and would likely make the same move again.

As for more information, sorry. You're a smart guy, you should be able to see why Pass trusted me.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #560
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
What is your theory Path? Why was it that only you saw both Pass and Jeheinz?

Again, I don't know you well, but you've struck me as someone who can read a game pretty well. There is a reason Pass trusted me, and you should be able to figure out why.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #561
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I don't know, all of those alluding just seems like a way a wolf stirs the pot.

Path, Cronin, Jackal, Mau.

Eeny, meenie, miney, mo.

For whom does my vote go?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #562
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I don't know, all of those alluding just seems like a way a wolf stirs the pot.

Path, Cronin, Jackal, Mau.

Eeny, meenie, miney, mo.

For whom does my vote go?

Do a little dance with that song and you could be on Ellen!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #563
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote Path

Cronin I always default to wolf, I"m going to let that slide for the time being.

Jackal I'll let slide due to his vote possibly being somewhat uninformed while wasted at the Flyers game

Mau always strikes me as wolf and his play isn't a-typical in any way, though I tend to always have the opposite read on him (think good when bad, think bad when good).

Path is left, he's playing wildly different from how I've seen him in the past and his actions give me enough basis to feel good about this as well.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #564
path12
Coordinator

VOTE JEHEINZ72
Old 03-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #565
path12
Coordinator

His heart is not pure, friends.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #566
path12
Coordinator

Oops. That should read, her heart is not pure, friends.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #567
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
His heart is not pure, friends.

Huh?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #568
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Oops. That should read, her heart is not pure, friends.

I don't know where you get the unpure thing from, but I am a her, and since I hadn't posted that anywhere yet I'm inclined to believe you.

Unvote Path12
Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #569
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Which narrows my list down to 3. Of the 3, I like this option the best

Vote Mauboy1
Old 03-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #570
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know where you get the unpure thing from, but I am a her, and since I hadn't posted that anywhere yet I'm inclined to believe you.

Unvote Path12
Inclined to agree that you're heart isn't pure?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #571
The Jackal
Coordinator

Remind me not to drink that much. But at least it spurred me to a good night location! Ill decide on a vote later when I get back from work.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #572
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Inclined to agree that you're heart isn't pure?

No, I don't get that part. But what I'm saying is he called me a her, which I am, and he had no way of knowing that (at least as far as this thread).
Old 03-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #573
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'd say that you're reading too much into his ability to discern what your name is. He did the same thing with pass. Big deal. Ability to scan for name is no proof of allegiance. In fact it could be a handy power for a wolf to gain trust.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #574
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Here's the thing though: the one Cylon we've killed didn't, apparently, have a name.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #575
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Here's the thing though: the one Cylon we've killed didn't, apparently, have a name.

Yeah he did, Valeri something (it's in the initial post, but not RendeR's writeup)
Old 03-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #576
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah he did, Valeri something (it's in the initial post, but not RendeR's writeup)
Indeed. And Boomer is a Cylon in the show. I am in the camp of those who don't believe GMs when they say that a character's name has no bearing to side. It mattered in the Heros game and it appears to matter here.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #577
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Indeed. And Boomer is a Cylon in the show. I am in the camp of those who don't believe GMs when they say that a character's name has no bearing to side. It mattered in the Heros game and it appears to matter here.

I dunno, not that it matters but I had Nathan and Micah (and Dr. Suresh) as "bad guys" in Heroes. The first two pretty clearly aren't bad guys in the show, and Suresh is at worst misguided on the show.

So I believe RendeR to that extent, about allegience.

Now as far as *power* it seems we're looking at a pretty good match-up of those, from what I can gather going off of Wiki
Old 03-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #578
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

My character in the Heroes game was a company member in the show but I was a villager with a company name. I'm sure it means something but I wouldn't read into it too much. Whatever though, do what you want. lol

Anyways, I'm not sure yet who I want to vote for. I'm leaning on Path the most, but again, not even close to 100%. I've got a small idea but it probably won't float well again. I'll check back in later.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #579
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm all ears Mau, since my vote is on you.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #580
path12
Coordinator

For the record, heinz is not a Cylon. I'm going to take my vote off of him since I would rather try and find a Cylon.

BTW, I glanced through wiki, but not knowing the show I'm unsure of what some locations might mean in a game sense. Can someone explain Kobol, Pegasis and Cloud 9 to me?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #581
path12
Coordinator

UNVOTE JEHEINZ72
Old 03-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #582
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I had a bad guy name in the Heroes game and was good. Same thing in this one, actually.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #583
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Kobol is the name of the planet that all humans came from.

Pegasus was another battleship.

Cloud 9 is a bit of a resort ship/ship where they grow food.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #584
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
For the record, heinz is not a Cylon. I'm going to take my vote off of him since I would rather try and find a Cylon.

Ok good, I don't know what you were getting at, but yeah a vote for me is silly, I'm a Human

Quote:
BTW, I glanced through wiki, but not knowing the show I'm unsure of what some locations might mean in a game sense. Can someone explain Kobol, Pegasis and Cloud 9 to me?

I really don't know much about this either. I mean I read up on them, and do you think we should worry about what happened to these on the show? For instance Pegasis was destroyed on the show it seems. Is that a worry for anyone who goes there?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #585
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm all ears Mau, since my vote is on you.

Ah, didn't even notice it, bro.

Personally, going from the list that voted No Lynch it does come down to pretty much you and me. If it does come down to you and me I'll be voting for you despite the fact that I don't think you're a Cylon. You and me both aren't Cylons then that would mean that all the Cylons put votes and Clap the first night. Which would be highly unlikely but not a bad play if coordinated perfectly.

Anyhow, I have no 'proof' or 'evidence' that says that I'm a human. I've had two straight nights of no eventful things happening.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #586
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If path thinks JH is good that's fine. Do we have a vote count as I am about to unvote.

Unvote Jeheinz
Old 03-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #587
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ok good, I don't know what you were getting at, but yeah a vote for me is silly, I'm a Human

I really don't know much about this either. I mean I read up on them, and do you think we should worry about what happened to these on the show? For instance Pegasis was destroyed on the show it seems. Is that a worry for anyone who goes there?
That would be a LOL twist. I think I'm gonna stay away from Pegesus for that very reason.

I need to do some research as to make sure I don't go places that are going to blow up. It'd be nice to find some artifact of Earth, so I think I've got an idea for a place to go tonight.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #588
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Ah, didn't even notice it, bro.

Personally, going from the list that voted No Lynch it does come down to pretty much you and me. If it does come down to you and me I'll be voting for you despite the fact that I don't think you're a Cylon. You and me both aren't Cylons then that would mean that all the Cylons put votes and Clap the first night. Which would be highly unlikely but not a bad play if coordinated perfectly.

Anyhow, I have no 'proof' or 'evidence' that says that I'm a human. I've had two straight nights of no eventful things happening.

Why do we eliminate Cronin and Jackal from potential baddies on the No Lynch list?
Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #589
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, I leave in an hour, and obviously I'm the only one getting Mau's vibe. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Old 03-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #590
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Quote:
UNVOTE JEHEINZ72

Sorry to be go on but why did you vote for someone you knew was a human? Or would revealing that be giving too much away?

Well that's me. Path seems to be saying that he has some sort of seer power. If he is, the good news is that the Cylons might think that he is so compromised that he's not worth killing. The bad news is, well, that from where I'm sitting he looks very compromised and I don't know how far he or his seer power can be trusted. It's also possible this is also a ruse to flush out the true seer. If you're a seer I suggest you don't reveal. I'm not moving my vote. I'm not going to say that everyone should vote for him, because I'm not sure he's a bad guy. I just think the evidence overwhelmingly points to him being bad as opposed to evidence against anyone else.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #591
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
If I'd read as carefully like I was on day 2, I'd have voted for him again. He did exactly the same things as he did on day 1, but too many people where saying he might have been cleared. I'm not going that way again, and will chalk that up to a novice error. Some of the things he said were a bit odd too upon rereading. Easy to say with hindsight, but my vote went on that Pass seemed to be very sure, and so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately Lathum was looking like he was firing missiles willy-nilly which swayed me a little I guess.

What I want to know is why St.Cronin cast his vote on Lathum so early. It started the trend towards him. Narkle had cause I'd say, but St.Cronin?

He also had this unfortunate agreement with Clap:

Which might mean nothing.

But this might:

Would a wolf ask this question? And we still don't know the answer to it.

I've been tempted to vote for him, but that question keeps popping into my thoughts when I consider.

Now, someone like NFG has been very silent(he did say had bought a new car which we can find out about ), and Barkeep(who has been mildly quiet) and Greyroofoo(who we haven't heard much from at all) didn't shake their vote from Pass. And not until after the vote when Clap ambushed Pass did he be proved that Pass was good and Clap was bad did have vindication, much like Lathum. I can't ask Pass how he knew though.

I'm going to set a vote after this and place it on one of the Pass voters as they really didn't give a reason why.

Vote Barkeep49.

Check it out...its a Suzuki SX4 Sport. Yet if you do check it out it will come up as a hatchback since the VIN is so new....Anyways that doesnt clear me from being a wolf. Long story short I am usually very active and that has been the case when I was villager and wolf so there is no pattern. I could be either now. Yet, I am a villager. My post didnt show my vote. Anyways.

VOTE THE JACKAL
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #592
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Kobol is the name of the planet that all humans came from.

Pegasus was another battleship.

Cloud 9 is a bit of a resort ship/ship where they grow food.

Do you think any of them might be of more use than another as far as finding clues or items go?
Old 03-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #593
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I guess I should probably have put that somewhere more noticeable than at the bottom of a post so just to state that I've seen evidence that says that NFG is human. This could well be my last post before deadline. I've hogged the thread too much anyway.

And WHO gave you access to MY records?
Old 03-26-2008, 04:26 PM   #594
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry to be go on but why did you vote for someone you knew was a human? Or would revealing that be giving too much away?

Let's just say I was trying to get his attention.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #595
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Does anyone esle think that the interaction that just happened between path and heinz, is just a little unusual? I mean it would be bold for wolves to play off eachother like that but it seems suspicious to me...
Old 03-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #596
st.cronin
General Manager

UNVOTE NFG22
VOTE ...

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #597
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I wish you would elaborate on this. What kind of evidence? Is there room for interpretation?

knives out
Old 03-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #598
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Does anyone esle think that the interaction that just happened between path and heinz, is just a little unusual? I mean it would be bold for wolves to play off eachother like that but it seems suspicious to me...

I ain't no wolf amigo. If I was a wolf, I'd be a heckuva lot smarter than that, I assure you.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #599
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post

In what way? Here's the problem I'm having and I think it's at the root of this suspicion -- I've had to hint at certain of my abilities, which as Narcizo rightly points out is a good way to compromise them. When pressed as I was this morning from multiple sources, I had to give up more than I wanted to. I now fully expect to be Cylon food at some point, though I am not defenseless, which helps. In the meantime, I would like to continue toward our mutual goal, which is smoking out Cylons.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #600
st.cronin
General Manager

What is the vote count?

knives out