Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2016, 11:09 AM   #6051
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Supposedly in September there will be 2 PPV's a month on the network.

So I assume they are raiding the entire NXT roster minus the TNA guys to make this happen?
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #6052
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Supposedly in September there will be 2 PPV's a month on the network.

So I assume they are raiding the entire NXT roster minus the TNA guys to make this happen?

Yes, and they'll also be raiding the current indy scene to re-fill NXT.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:26 AM   #6053
RainMaker
General Manager

Interesting. So it'll be one for Smackdown and one for Raw each month? I feel like they'd be better off doing one every 6 weeks which allows for better build.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:39 AM   #6054
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Yes, and they'll also be raiding the current indy scene to re-fill NXT.

Are they going to raid Evolve? I saw people excited Cody was going there but thought the WWE owned them for some strange reason. Evolve has a lot of flipity guys looking at their roster.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #6055
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Are they going to raid Evolve? I saw people excited Cody was going there but thought the WWE owned them for some strange reason. Evolve has a lot of flipity guys looking at their roster.

The WWE does have a working agreement with Evolve now, but they're still independent. Nobody's sure exactly what it entails, but Evolve is hosting some WWE Cruiserweight Open Qualifying matches, and the WWE website is promoting those shows. So it make sense that a lot of the Evolve guys are going to end up in NXT. I think Evolve is becoming kind of a "WWE preferred indy", its a way for them to snatch up indy talent more quickly without having to deal with contracts or licensing agreements that workers might have with ROH or TNA. So now when you work for evolve, part of the deal is you have a fast-track path to WWE if they want you.

Last edited by molson : 06-13-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:16 PM   #6056
Suicane75
Coordinator

They should just start running 8 crews and putting live shows on the Network 24 hours a day.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:32 PM   #6057
Flasch186
Coordinator

As if they couldn't build storyline already. Blech.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #6058
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Spoiler

Last edited by Racer : 06-19-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:25 PM   #6059
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Perfectly booked, in terms of logic.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #6060
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And we now have a former (2x) CZW Heavyweight Champion sitting at the top of the wrestling universe.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:35 PM   #6061
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Interesting Twitter question: did they purposefully overrun tonight in order to have the title changes happen after the NBA finals were over?
Old 06-20-2016, 12:48 AM   #6062
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Interesting Twitter question: did they purposefully overrun tonight in order to have the title changes happen after the NBA finals were over?

We were talking about that. I think it's possible, but if you recall, WM went way long, and last months show went long too. So who the heck knows.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:54 AM   #6063
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Sat opposite the stage last night. You could tell they were working around the game last night by the amount of time(or lack of) between the matches(well that and the few people who had the game on their phones). All and all a really good show as you knew going in that the tag match and MIB match were going to be a good spotfest. I had Styles-Cena too hyped in my mind but Styles kept slipping every time he got on the ropes.

The title match was good and I'm not sure a lot of people live saw them sneak Dean under the ring. They let Roman lose clean for the first time. We are now set up for the Summer of Shield which has to be a good thing.

I wonder how much they will make of the botched count on Anderson in the tag match tonight (from my view, the ref started the count early but people were going nuts).

Old 06-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #6064
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Nice pic, really gives a good view of what things look like without the narrowing of the camera lens.

I dunno how much was made of the botched count overall but I fairly well hammered it here at home. To me it it looked like a case where the worker arrived late rather than the ref getting ahead of himself though.

Honestly, "The Club" came off looking very vulnerable to me. I know Cass is a big fella but both Anderson & Gallows looked exceptionally small in the ring with him, almost to the point of credibility damaging small. They're going to have to book them carefully I (now) think or else they're going to become difficult to keep over IMO.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #6065
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Nice pic, really gives a good view of what things look like without the narrowing of the camera lens.

I dunno how much was made of the botched count overall but I fairly well hammered it here at home. To me it it looked like a case where the worker arrived late rather than the ref getting ahead of himself though.

Honestly, "The Club" came off looking very vulnerable to me. I know Cass is a big fella but both Anderson & Gallows looked exceptionally small in the ring with him, almost to the point of credibility damaging small. They're going to have to book them carefully I (now) think or else they're going to become difficult to keep over IMO.

Yeah, it's probably my favorite spot to watch it because you can still see the hard camera views most the time on the Titantron. Problem is the Titantron is only on for about 50% of the match. The rest of the time it was the MIB logo.

I think the entire tag team division took a knock last night. As long as merch sales control the tag division, nothing is going to happen. Luchadros are now at the Dudley's level, Vaudvillians are boring, The Club are nothing more than accessories right now and Enzo-Cass are pretty much there just to talk. Remember when the Usos were on PPVs? New Day should be good enough to not need the belts right now. And even in a heavy tag division I wonder why they haven't paired up Ziggler and Ryder. Does anyone want to see Dolph in another solo feud?
Old 06-20-2016, 05:00 PM   #6066
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think the entire tag team division took a knock last night. As long as merch sales control the tag division, nothing is going to happen. Luchadros are now at the Dudley's level, Vaudvillians are boring, The Club are nothing more than accessories right now and Enzo-Cass are pretty much there just to talk. Remember when the Usos were on PPVs? New Day should be good enough to not need the belts right now. And even in a heavy tag division I wonder why they haven't paired up Ziggler and Ryder. Does anyone want to see Dolph in another solo feud?

This mirrors some of the conversation points here in the batcave last night.

I basically mock Los Whatevers.

Vaudevillians have a legit ceiling of "future gatekeepers" (which they might be tolerable, if boring to watch, at)

I do not, however, mourn the absence of Uso 1 & Uso 2 in the slightest.

Despite our love for ND (due entirely to enjoying Woods aka Austin Creed), my kid is convinced (and I agree, tho less vociferiously) that the loss of the belts will see them depushed & quickly jobbing their way back to anonymity.

As for Dolph, there are people who want him in another singles feud ... namely whomever he has to put over. Those are the ONLY people who want it but apparently that's a powerful faction these days. I liked JR's tweet last night, something to the effect that Corbin owes Ziggler a steak.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:07 PM   #6067
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This mirrors some of the conversation points here in the batcave last night.

I basically mock Los Whatevers.

Vaudevillians have a legit ceiling of "future gatekeepers" (which they might be tolerable, if boring to watch, at)

I do not, however, mourn the absence of Uso 1 & Uso 2 in the slightest.

Despite our love for ND (due entirely to enjoying Woods aka Austin Creed), my kid is convinced (and I agree, tho less vociferiously) that the loss of the belts will see them depushed & quickly jobbing their way back to anonymity.

As for Dolph, there are people who want him in another singles feud ... namely whomever he has to put over. Those are the ONLY people who want it but apparently that's a powerful faction these days. I liked JR's tweet last night, something to the effect that Corbin owes Ziggler a steak.

Knew I missed a line on my Usos stab, should have been followed by "Does anyone care".

With Dolph, I just think he is the walking definition of a hot tag. I think he'd fit perfect with American Alpha in that same Freebird style trio. Their call up is probably coming soon (July 4th is a Monday) but with the brand split I think they might have a manager that sucks (is there a better perfect storm?).

ND can survive without the straps because they have the gift of gab and the ability to put any concept over. I just think Vince wants to keep the the title there so they can break the modern tag team reign held by Kendrick and London (well that and crazy merch sales that get split 3 ways instead of that fat check he writes Cena).
Old 06-20-2016, 06:34 PM   #6068
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just think Vince wants to keep the the title there so they can break the modern tag team reign held by Kendrick and London (well that and crazy merch sales that get split 3 ways instead of that fat check he writes Cena).

IF I did the math right last night (5 weeks to next PPV, so 35 days?) they just have to retain until then in order to break the record, with less than a week to spare.

edit to add: I'd forgotten about the whole "decommissoned" original World Tag Team Titles. That record was/is 478 days, for Demolition.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-20-2016 at 06:36 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #6069
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
IF I did the math right last night (5 weeks to next PPV, so 35 days?) they just have to retain until then in order to break the record, with less than a week to spare.

edit to add: I'd forgotten about the whole "decommissoned" original World Tag Team Titles. That record was/is 478 days, for Demolition.

Yeah, I don't think the WWF will count the Demolition history just like they did with the Divas title.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:02 PM   #6070
molson
General Manager

Quote:

And after they pass London/Kendrick they'll only be the 4th longest reigning WWE tag team champions of any kind, there's two reigns from the 70s that are a little longer (The Valiant Brothers and Fuji/Tanaka)

Still, top 4 is pretty incredible considering the WWE has had tag belts for 45 years.

Last edited by molson : 06-20-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #6071
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The New Day tag team title reign thing is really weird to me.

WWE: The New Day are about to break a tag team record! It's a huge deal!
Me: Cool. Who held the old record?
WWE: Literally nobody you have ever heard of.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #6072
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

Brian Kendrick/Spanky and Paul London were actually a pretty big deal in wrestling, the fact you don't know them doesn't mean they weren't anything special.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #6073
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wellness violation, 30 days.

Roman Reigns suspended

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-21-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #6074
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

Roman Reigns suspended

thats a joke right? i have a hard time believing it

and by "it" i mean WWE busting their future john cena

Last edited by bulletsponge : 06-21-2016 at 02:46 PM.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #6075
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

I'm thinking it had to either be something VERY serious OR the bloom has fallen off the rose for some reason we haven't heard yet.

Or maybe we're just all getting worked about it, something that (to my recollection) they've never been willing to do on this topic in the past.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #6076
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Roman Reigns suspended

drugs = 30 days

touch Vince's arm = 60 days and squash to Rusev on father's day

I will say this makes the draft really fascinating now...
Old 06-21-2016, 02:48 PM   #6077
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

Eddie's son went on a rant about Roman being on the juice a year ago I think and it was swept under the rug.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #6078
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And, after a moment to actually process this, I realize that either it has to be a work OR it's something pretty bad.

I mean, if it's just the standard typical wellness violation then why did they go out of their way to put him in a three-way main event for the next PPV just last night?

Or am I to believe that their compliance department is so autonomous that they hand down suspensions once the paperwork is all done with H.R. and they don't give creative even a few days to fix things?
Old 06-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #6079
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Wasn't Konnor/Rose over in the past few days? Maybe they just do random tests every 30 days? I don't think it's a work personally as they've put too much behind him to play with this subject knowing their past.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:10 PM   #6080
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think it's a work personally as they've put too much behind him to play with this subject knowing their past.

I tend to agree ... which is what has me leaning toward something like "snorting coke off Steph's stomach in the middle of their flight home" as the next guess.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #6081
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

take it for what it's worth but this was posted on reddit yesterday:

So I'm hearing that the reason Reigns lost last night is because he's facing a suspension from WWE for taking steroids. It's supposed to be announced tonight. Not sure how true this is, but the source predicted that he would drop the title to Rollins at MITB because of this and it happened.

So again, not saying this is true, but I'm hearing it as a possibility. Guess we'll find out tonight
Old 06-21-2016, 03:15 PM   #6082
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

But if they knew, why in the blue hell did they book Raw main event like that?

I mean, that's non-sensical booking even for them
Old 06-21-2016, 03:25 PM   #6083
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
But if they knew, why in the blue hell did they book Raw main event like that?

I mean, that's non-sensical booking even for them

PPV is in 33 days. Suspension is 30.

I really can't remember what they did around Orton's suspensions. Didn't they make him fall down stairs once to hide a title off TV? My best guess (and it's just a guess) is they gave him another test being a top guy with him saying the failed test can't be true. Got results today and Vince got pissed being lied to and suspended him as quickly as possible.

Does WWE suspend off first offense?
Old 06-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #6084
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

#smdh, I forgot this was a five week cycle instead of four. My bad, seriously.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #6085
molson
General Manager

Quote:

I really can't remember what they did around Orton's suspensions. Didn't they make him fall down stairs once to hide a title off TV? My best guess (and it's just a guess) is they gave him another test being a top guy with him saying the failed test can't be true. Got results today and Vince got pissed being lied to and suspended him as quickly as possible.

Does WWE suspend off first offense?

They've always finished up angles and moved titles before taking suspended guys off TV. Even Evan Bourne lost his tag team title on TV after he failed a wellness test.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #6086
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Roman Reigns ‏@WWERomanReigns 2h2 hours ago
I apologize to my family, friends and fans for my mistake in violating WWE’s wellness policy. No excuses. I own it.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #6087
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
#smdh, I forgot this was a five week cycle instead of four. My bad, seriously.

Just wait until they have the one ever 2 or 3 weeks. It will be like remembering when a UFC event is happening. I think a lot will be known with regard to the PPV with the tapings tonight. They've got about 3 hours to figure out how they plan to play this.

1) The old fake injury thing.

2) Use it as a teaching kids lesson and storyline the suspension.

3) Act like he was just missing from tv and comes back mystically for the PPV.

4) Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh Amadou! Do Do Do Do
Old 06-21-2016, 04:08 PM   #6088
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The latest breaking conspiracy theory is that this is payback for RR allegedly tweeting the pics of Paige getting "not arrested" outside the arena following MITB.

Meanwhile the dirt sheets are saying that whatever the dust up between Paige & her boyfriend Alberto Del Rio actually was, it was not anything being filmed for one of their reality shows.

edit: I don't buy that theory at all, just sharing that it exists.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-21-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #6089
molson
General Manager

When it comes to Reigns there will always be conspiracy theories. If he got suspended before MITB and just vacated the title, the conspiracy theory would just be that they wanted to protect him from dropping the title in the ring.

I think he just failed a test, and will just be out the next 30 days, and he'll still be a pushed star when he comes back. He might be booked as more of a heel though. Even though I think he's kind of been a subtle heel for a while, and worked a heel style for some of the MITB match.

Last edited by molson : 06-21-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #6090
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
When it comes to Reigns there will always be conspiracy theories.

Could probably go with "when it comes to insert any top guy here ... " and be okay.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:16 PM   #6091
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I'm thinking it had to either be something VERY serious OR the bloom has fallen off the rose for some reason we haven't heard yet.

Or maybe we're just all getting worked about it, something that (to my recollection) they've never been willing to do on this topic in the past.

I'm wondering if they got word about some article being written that implicates Reigns (and other athletes) and this is their way of getting out in front of the story.

I have to imagine this puts him out of the next PPV. Are they really going to build to a PPV without him on TV for a month?
Old 06-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #6092
RainMaker
General Manager

Also the bloom may be off the rose too. I could have sworn I read that the Ambrose house shows were doing just as well as the Reigns ones which is bad because the champ should be outdrawing. Maybe they just realized that Reigns isn't getting over.

Still think it was a huge mistake not to make him a "corporate champ". The crowd already felt like he was that so why not go along with it.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:30 PM   #6093
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The latest breaking conspiracy theory is that this is payback for RR allegedly tweeting the pics of Paige getting "not arrested" outside the arena following MITB.

Meanwhile the dirt sheets are saying that whatever the dust up between Paige & her boyfriend Alberto Del Rio actually was, it was not anything being filmed for one of their reality shows.

edit: I don't buy that theory at all, just sharing that it exists.

99% sure it was one those fan accounts that use wrestlers name in the title on twitter as there was no blue checkmark and the original source was Roman Reigns (@Roman_Empire_76) | Twitter The tweet was deleted evidentally now https://twitter.com/Roman_Empire_76/...88025013288960

Rumor was that night she ended up running out in the street on the strip (big no-no, especially dumb during EDC weekend). It was a weird weekend as all the news that happened here this weekend seems to have taken days to go national (kid going after cops gun to shoot Trump)

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 06-21-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:34 PM   #6094
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Also the bloom may be off the rose too. I could have sworn I read that the Ambrose house shows were doing just as well as the Reigns ones which is bad because the champ should be outdrawing. Maybe they just realized that Reigns isn't getting over.

Still think it was a huge mistake not to make him a "corporate champ". The crowd already felt like he was that so why not go along with it.

Both house shows A&B I think they said were down 20-30%. TV ratings were up Monday for the first time in a long time.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:56 PM   #6095
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Alleged PPV schedule for the rest of the year.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:41 PM   #6096
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Feels like overkill. I was thinking the benefit of the brand split would be to give them more breathing room. Instead they've got to keep the same rate of buildup for both brands, while having super short turnarounds for the big 4 events.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:52 PM   #6097
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Gotta be honest, the stars of NXT shine like crazy ... but when they're in old territory stars squash jobbers mode for regular shows it can be pretty ugly.

Some of these guys are not ready to even watch matches on "tv", much less be ON "tv".
Old 06-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #6098
miami_fan
Coordinator

Was that Titus-Rusev as bad on TV as it was in the arena?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:01 PM   #6099
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Was that Titus-Rusev as bad on TV as it was in the arena?

West coast feed but I can tell you at Money in the Bank I couldn't tell if it was that bad because the entire crowd was watching Cavs-Warriors on their phones or because it was a no build up title match that late in the card. I'll assume Titus/Rusev were suppose to throw punches the entire match and no one bought into it because they pull too soon?
Old 06-28-2016, 09:14 AM   #6100
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not really sure I'm up for the Xavier-joins-Wyatts angle long term but damn Bray did some fine work last night.