Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2007, 07:29 PM   #601
KWhit
Coordinator

By the way, I might switch to Neon, but will only do so if enough others move so we don't tie it up.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #602
KWhit
Coordinator

Here the vote count I have:
4 - Alan T - Gonzo (474), Neon_Chaos (512), RendeR (540), Cartman (554)
2 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574), KWhit (585)
2 - Barkeep49 - Dodgerchick (531), Telle (557)
2 - Tanglewood - path12 (578), JHandley (582)
2 - Neon Chaos - Antmeister (589), Barkeep49 (596)
Old 07-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #603
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
Two other players also voted for No lynch on day one and then for Barkeep on day two: Telle and Antmeister. I'll dig up their reasoning in just a minute.

Telle voted no lynch on day one because she trusted Barkeep, despite pointing out it was odd for him to argue to not lynch based on his WW history. On day 2 she dropped in right near the deadline and offered no explaination for her vote for Barkeep.

Antmeister voted no lynch on day 1 essentially because he was afraid of lynching a good guy. On day 2 he "agreed with Lathum about Barkeep's aggresiveness".

Not sure what that tells us, but anyway...
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #604
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE NEON CHAOS

just wanted to see if there was support for a vote for him
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #605
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Day three and there is still so little to go on. It's maddening.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #606
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If we can't avoif another no lynch why are you voting for someone who currently has 1 vote? Even if the other two who have agreed to switch do so it still only ties it up at 4 each with Alan and Render with 3. Some way of guarenteeing a lynch.
No lynch is guarneteed. But I should be around at lynch time, as will others. I think an hour and a half out it's fine to tie up the vote.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #607
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ah. Well in that case BK...i have less sympathy for his play this game. Although if it did start early and put him in a bad position that's unfortunate...but he's at least been around enough that he could have told us that.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:34 PM   #608
KWhit
Coordinator

4 - Alan T - Gonzo (474), Neon_Chaos (512), RendeR (540), Cartman (554)
3 - Neon Chaos - Antmeister (589), Barkeep49 (596), DaddyTorgo (604)

2 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574), KWhit (585)
2 - Tanglewood - path12 (578), JHandley (582)
Old 07-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #609
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
Telle voted no lynch on day one because she trusted Barkeep, despite pointing out it was odd for him to argue to not lynch based on his WW history. On day 2 she dropped in right near the deadline and offered no explaination for her vote for Barkeep.

Antmeister voted no lynch on day 1 essentially because he was afraid of lynching a good guy. On day 2 he "agreed with Lathum about Barkeep's aggresiveness".

Not sure what that tells us, but anyway...

I'm pretty convinced that Barkeep's no wolf. Look who voted for him and you'll agree.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #610
KWhit
Coordinator

It's still early enough for me to tie it up with this:

UNVOTE RENDER
VOTE NEON CHAOS

Obviously, we need to not have a tie tonight, but I think NC is a better lynch tonight than AlanT.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #611
path12
Coordinator

Damnit, this is too close. We do not need a close vote that can be tied up at the end.

UNVOTE TANGLEWOOD
VOTE ALAN T

I feel there is a better chance Tangle is bad than Alan, but we need a lynch and I'd rather go this way than Neon.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #612
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll likely vote to save myself. So if anyone else votes for me tonight, you'll be causing a tie. Just a warning
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #613
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
It's still early enough for me to tie it up with this:

UNVOTE RENDER
VOTE NEON CHAOS

Obviously, we need to not have a tie tonight, but I think NC is a better lynch tonight than AlanT.

Why is Neon better? Because he hasn't been around like he already stated he wouldn't be on the weekend? As opposed to Alan who had the strange PM night 1 and the funky vote yesterday? Nope, I don't buy that. Like I said, I'd rather go Tangle (or Render) but Alan seems more likely than Neon IMO.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #614
KWhit
Coordinator

5 - Alan T - Gonzo (474), Neon_Chaos (512), RendeR (540), Cartman (554), Path12 (611)
4 - Neon Chaos - Antmeister (589), Barkeep49 (596), DaddyTorgo (604), KWhit (610)
1 - Tanglewood - JHandley (582)
1 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574)
Old 07-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #615
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

And Path puts us into a position to be tied.... Path, I would ask you consider voting for Neon if you feel very strongly that you don't want a tie. As I can tie it back up, whereas Neon has his vote on me as well.

If you are voting for the sake of not having a tie that is.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #616
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

alan

how do you feel about the case against neon?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #617
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
ah. Well in that case BK...i have less sympathy for his play this game. Although if it did start early and put him in a bad position that's unfortunate...but he's at least been around enough that he could have told us that.
He did tell us that, today. Late, but he did mention it.

So I see two of our non-voters, Gonzo and tangle, in the thread now. Hopefully they'll cast a vote.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:42 PM   #618
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
alan

how do you feel about the case against neon?

I voted for Neon last night, and my point still remains that I would rather have an active villager than one who hasn't been around if I had to choose between the two. I said earlier in the day that I felt Render or Tanglewood were better votes, but I'll vote Neon again tonight to save myself (or tie it up if Path keeps his vote there)
Old 07-29-2007, 07:42 PM   #619
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Telle is also in the thread and she has a vote on neither of our two top vote getters. But again with an hour plus we need not panic about ties. In fact, I only grow concerned about them in the last 10 minutes.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:42 PM   #620
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

So I see two of our non-voters, Gonzo and tangle, in the thread now. Hopefully they'll cast a vote.

Gonzo voted for me earlier.
I'm hoping he or Path move their vote.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:43 PM   #621
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm naming people specifically so if we do end up with a tie, we have an idea of who was around when.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:43 PM   #622
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Gonzo voted for me earlier.
I'm hoping he or Path move their vote.
You're right. My bad, he's not one of the non-voters.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:44 PM   #623
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm naming people specifically so if we do end up with a tie, we have an idea of who was around when.

Well I'm going to be pretty suspicious of the people who have been trumpeting around how horrible ending in a tie is, if they voted for me putting us into a position of a tie. (You have to assume I'll vote self preservation here, so a vote like Path's smells bad)
Old 07-29-2007, 07:44 PM   #624
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Why is Neon better? Because he hasn't been around like he already stated he wouldn't be on the weekend? As opposed to Alan who had the strange PM night 1 and the funky vote yesterday? Nope, I don't buy that. Like I said, I'd rather go Tangle (or Render) but Alan seems more likely than Neon IMO.

I think Alan has brought too much heat on himself with the PM reveal and the weird votes to be a wolf, IMO. A wolf likely wouldn't be quite so controversial.

It's possible that he's making trying to hide in plain sight, but I don't buy it at this point in time.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:44 PM   #625
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:

I voted for Alan T just as the day began.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #626
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
And Path puts us into a position to be tied.... Path, I would ask you consider voting for Neon if you feel very strongly that you don't want a tie. As I can tie it back up, whereas Neon has his vote on me as well.

If you are voting for the sake of not having a tie that is.

Alan, if it came down to that at the end I would switch to ensure a lynch. I'd rather it be the two people I mentioned earlier. But absent that I just think you're a better candidate than Neon.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 PM   #627
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
I think Alan has brought too much heat on himself with the PM reveal and the weird votes to be a wolf, IMO. A wolf likely wouldn't be quite so controversial.

It's possible that he's making trying to hide in plain sight, but I don't buy it at this point in time.

Yes, but you're assuming he knows he's a wolf. If the conversion isn't instant, and when he recieved the night PM he wasn't told he was a wolf, then revealing the PM would make perfect sense.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 PM   #628
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Fine, but the only rationale for Neon is that he hasn't been available at a time that he has said he wouldn't be available. What kind of reason is that?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 PM   #629
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Alan, if it came down to that at the end I would switch to ensure a lynch. I'd rather it be the two people I mentioned earlier. But absent that I just think you're a better candidate than Neon.

Fair enough, I'm just making it very clear in this thread in case it does end in a tie, that I'm not to blame for self preservation. And its your vote that did it
Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 PM   #630
KWhit
Coordinator

Out for a bit. I'll try to be back by the deadline.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #631
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Yes, but you're assuming he knows he's a wolf. If the conversion isn't instant, and when he recieved the night PM he wasn't told he was a wolf, then revealing the PM would make perfect sense.

I'll also note for the record that Gonzo completely ignored my challenge earlier on the whole bogus slow conversion thing. He didn't answer because he can't. I'm right about it and he has no good answer for it.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #632
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'll likely vote to save myself. So if anyone else votes for me tonight, you'll be causing a tie. Just a warning

How would one more person voting for you cause a tie? You're leading the vote by one at the moment, you can't force a tie on your own.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #633
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How would one more person voting for you cause a tie? You're leading the vote by one at the moment, you can't force a tie on your own.

I was commenting on it before Path voted for me. At the time it was tied up, and path untied it 5-4 and I still have a vote I can make to put it as 5-5.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #634
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ie: yes, right now I can force a tie at 5-5, which is why Path stating we need a lynch then putting us into a position of a tie contradicts himself.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #635
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

I would ideally like to vote for either DaddyTorgo of path12 tonight, but I can see that's unlikely to be of much use right now.

If it came down to Neon Chaos or Alan T, I will vote for Alan T, but neither of them are all that high up on my suspicion list.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #636
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
I'll also note for the record that Gonzo completely ignored my challenge earlier on the whole bogus slow conversion thing. He didn't answer because he can't. I'm right about it and he has no good answer for it.

Bogus slow conversion thing? Explain.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #637
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Telle, are you planning on moving your vote, or keeping it on Barkeep?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #638
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
ie: yes, right now I can force a tie at 5-5, which is why Path stating we need a lynch then putting us into a position of a tie contradicts himself.

Well he can vote for who he thinks is most likely bad right now regardless. Voting is so fluid, especially as you get near the deadline that no one player can force a tie on their own.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #639
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bogus slow conversion thing? Explain.

I challenged you before to show me any examples of slow conversion in our WW games here that didn't have some kind of doctor role in the game, and in return I would show you a ll kinds of cases where A player had the ability to inhibit another person's actions for a night. In the end my list would be longer than yours (if you even had a list).

You never replied, I assume the silence because you have no reply.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #640
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
I challenged you before to show me any examples of slow conversion in our WW games here that didn't have some kind of doctor role in the game, and in return I would show you a ll kinds of cases where A player had the ability to inhibit another person's actions for a night. In the end my list would be longer than yours (if you even had a list).

This is my first Werewolf game. I have no idea.

At any rate, a doctor role in all the game's I've seen it used means that the person who was saved from the wolves couldn't speak during the next day cycle.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #641
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

At any rate, a doctor role in all the game's I've seen it used means that the person who was saved from the wolves couldn't speak during the next day cycle.

The -only- game I have ever seen where there was a conversion that didn't happen instantly was the Spawn games, and in them the doctor could cure the person if they got to them in time. I still think this whole thing is a reach, and an attempt at people to try to focus the lynch on a villager instead of wolves now for 2 days.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #642
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I would ideally like to vote for either DaddyTorgo of path12 tonight, but I can see that's unlikely to be of much use right now.

If it came down to Neon Chaos or Alan T, I will vote for Alan T, but neither of them are all that high up on my suspicion list.

I will point out that I find path12 suspicious because:

1) He was the first player on Day 1 to vote for No Lynch, a policy which we can see now was clearly damaging to the village

2) On day two he voted for Render almost immediately after the night actions were announced because Render stated he received no pm, a tremendously flimsy reason, then didn't move it all day.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #643
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Think about it as well, other than Neon who voted me out of spite for last night, Path is the only "veteran" who has their vote on me. Every other person hasn't played many games with me.

Ask yourself ... why does every single veteran think its a bad move to lynch me today?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #644
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Is there a reason besides that I suspect you?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #645
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

It is not your first Werewolf game. You have played in several and GM'ed at least two on another message board.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:01 PM   #646
path12
Coordinator

Oh, never mind, I see you answered above.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:01 PM   #647
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm sure there's been at least one other delayed conversion game.

Also, I think it would make sense for our seer to scan Alan tonight. If he's bad he'll be bad by now. Otherwise he's good.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:02 PM   #648
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
It is not your first Werewolf game. You have played in several and GM'ed at least two on another message board.
Poor guy, busted by his own brother!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:02 PM   #649
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sure there's been at least one other delayed conversion game.

Also, I think it would make sense for our seer to scan Alan tonight. If he's bad he'll be bad by now. Otherwise he's good.

Doesn't look like I will get a chance to as people would rather vote for someone who might or might not have changed into a wolf, than someone who started as one.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #650
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Just to make sure the record is straight while you keep trying to put heat on me -- if you look at the times, KWhit and I switched our votes at the same time. I'm still hoping one of the Neon or other voters decides to switch.