Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #601
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Pass you said I beat Mr. Wednesday. but you did not give me credit with it in the standings or computer rankings

Fixed.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #602
Passacaglia
Coordinator

From the wire:

Quote:
More rumours come in from South Bend. Word is that Notre Dame head coach Alan T has managed to convince three schools, all formerly loyal to their conference, to join his prospective Catholic Conference. Word is that these schools must obtain the at-large BCS money in order to cover expenses involved in forming the conference. However, if Notre Dame manages to win the national championship, it will earn enough in advertising revenue. Most experts see this turn of events as something that would be bad for the BCS conferences, and college football as a whole.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #603
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Looking at the new point totals quickly, it seems that detractors distributed their points in the following manner:

Racer: 27 points
Mr. Wednesday: 23 points

If any conference saboteur sabotaged one of us, then these totals are off and the detractors also targeted another player or players.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #604
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Question, for all those who keep voting for me, are you all wolves? or do you think for some reason I am one? I mean Ive gotten sabotaged at least once, and hit with sanctions twice :'(

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #605
chesapeake
College Starter

Pass, my math shows that BK should be at 138, not 146. Could you double check?

My numbers confirm Racer's findings, wiht him down 27 and Mr. W up 23.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #606
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Question, for all those who keep voting for me, are you all wolves? or do you think for some reason I am one? I mean Ive gotten sabotaged at least once, and hit with sanctions twice :'(
I voted for you today only because it was you or me and I preferred you. In general I haven't been voting for sanctions.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #607
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Pass, my math shows that BK should be at 138, not 146. Could you double check?

My numbers confirm Racer's findings, wiht him down 27 and Mr. W up 23.

My guess is that you forgot that Swaggs only played 3 games.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #608
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'. confused.

I had 68 points before I beat Path and I still have 68 points?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #609
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'. confused.

I had 68 points before I beat Path and I still have 68 points?

Path didn't have any powerpoints going into this game, so you really don't look any better by beating him.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #610
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Fixed another mistake. The private poll has been changed, which affected the BCS Rankings.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #611
Barkeep49
Coordinator

What's the tie breaker for the BCS?
Old 12-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #612
Passacaglia
Coordinator

From the rules:

Quote:
If there is a tie in determining anything important at the end of the last day, there will be a revote of the public and private polls. If there is still a tie, order will be determined completely based on computer rankings.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:25 PM   #613
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
My guess is that you forgot that Swaggs only played 3 games.

Good guess.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #614
path12
Coordinator

Mr. Wednesday is a Catholic.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #615
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

Do you think St. Cronin is still bad or is it possible the TWC only has one detractor and that the detractor is a Catholic detractor?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #616
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Also, does anyone know what Mr. Wednesday's role is? That might help us find other detractors/Catholic Detractors more easily.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #617
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Vote Mr. Wednesday

He has a lot of points and Path12 says he's Catholic.

Public Poll
1. Racer
2. Swaggs
3. Chief Rum
4. chesapeake
5. ntndeacon

I would suggest that someone scan Barkeep. My gut tells me he's the most likely to be the detractor in my conference. His pms to our conference have seemed a bit off.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #618
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I agree, I think we should get rid of the evil Catholics

Vote Mr.Wednesday

Schedule team 30

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #619
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I agree, I think we should get rid of the evil Catholics

Vote Mr.Wednesday

Schedule team 30

Aren't you Catholic?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #620
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Path, who is the seer in your conference? Maybe that will help make things less confusing.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #621
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Do you think St. Cronin is still bad or is it possible the TWC only has one detractor and that the detractor is a Catholic detractor?

I don't know, like I said my detractor scans were all negative in that conf, and I think we're just assuming it's Cronin since apparently he claimed to be the scout there. It would be awesome if I could scan for both at once but of course we can't.

As for finding out the Catholics, I'm looking at the higher point teams now and trying to find out from there. I don't know if I can scan my conference mates to see if they are Catholic though......
Old 12-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #622
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path, who is the seer in your conference? Maybe that will help make things less confusing.

That would be me. I thought that was obvious.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #623
Swaggs
Coordinator

Chesapeake is not a detractor.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #624
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Chesapeake is not a detractor.

Chesapeake, are you the lobbyist or saboteur in your conference? I ask this because it pertains directly to who the detractor likely is in my conference. Path12 is probably not the detractor since St. Cronin is presumably the detractor seer and Lathuum was previously cleared. That leaves Molson, your conference's equipment manager, as the loan candidate for the detractor in your conference. Since Swaggs and I are the scout and equipment manager in my conference, respectively, it is unlikely either one of us is a detractor. If you are the lobbyist, then Barkeep is the detractor in my conference. If you are the saboteur, then Chief Rum is the detractor in my conference. If we can find out who the detractor in my conference, we will then know the detractor in the final conference because their will be only one unclaimed role for a detractor.

This clears no one from being a Catholic detractor. However, by revealing your Chesapeake, all seers will be able to start focusing on finding Catholic detractors.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #625
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Darn, I always wish I could correct spelling and grammer errors when making ww posts.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #626
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Chesapeake, are you the lobbyist or saboteur in your conference? I ask this because it pertains directly to who the detractor likely is in my conference. Path12 is probably not the detractor since St. Cronin is presumably the detractor seer and Lathuum was previously cleared. That leaves Molson, your conference's equipment manager, as the loan candidate for the detractor in your conference. Since Swaggs and I are the scout and equipment manager in my conference, respectively, it is unlikely either one of us is a detractor. If you are the lobbyist, then Barkeep is the detractor in my conference. If you are the saboteur, then Chief Rum is the detractor in my conference. If we can find out who the detractor in my conference, we will then know the detractor in the final conference because their will be only one unclaimed role for a detractor.

This clears no one from being a Catholic detractor. However, by revealing your Chesapeake, all seers will be able to start focusing on finding Catholic detractors.

I'd agree with all of this.

With a little bit of communication, we should be able to start IDing the detractors and work towards nocking out the Catholics.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #627
Swaggs
Coordinator

...and, I just spelled "k"nocking wrong...
Old 12-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #628
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I just realized my logic is flawed. Molson is indeed probably the detractor in the SEC. However, knowing chesapeake's role won't tell us which conference the detractor saboteur is in and which conference the detractor lobbyist is in.

However, I believe Jeheinz previously said he was a lobbyist. Because Jeheinz took such a huge hit the other day, he is almost certainly not a detractor. Since the seer and equipment manager detractors roles are accounted for at this point, that means I am almost certain that the saboteur comes from the Four Horsemen conference (whoever that is) and the lobbyist comes from our conference. Therefore, I am almost sure that Barkeep is a detractor.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:07 AM   #629
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Unvote No Sanctions
Vote Molson

Since I was too lazy to count the votes earlier. I'm not a wolf guys, I"m a lobbyist.

This is post 496 where Jeheinz says he's a lobbyist. Again going off the assumption that Jeheinz is unlikely to be a wolf given that he took such a power points hit a couple days ago, the saboteur must come from his conference which means Barkeep, lobbyist, must be the wolf from my conference.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:09 AM   #630
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE MRWEDNESDAY

Seems an obvious choice. Way to go, path!

PUBLIC POLL

1. Racer
2. Chief Rum
3. Swaggs
4. path12
5. Lathum

I guess if the signs are pointing to BK being the detractor in the Big Three, I should stop including him in my polls. I can see Racer's logic to it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:26 AM   #631
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Alright, here are my current thoughts on the Catholic detractors. Pass said that there are three and all three were originally loyal to their conference. From a game balance standpoint, a conference that has only two players loyal to it has very little chance of winning. So I think a likely scenario is that the other two Catholic detractors come from the TWC. Another possibility is that our victories conditions will change and we will only need a loyal player to win, not one specifically from our conference. Of course, it's quite possible neither one of these is the case.

I think the best way to go about finding the Catholic detractors is to have one scout to scan either ntndeacon or claphamsa. I would suggest scanning ntndeacon though since he currently has more power points then claphamsa.
The remaining scouts should then scan the current point leaders: chesapeake, jeheinz72, and myself. Players with the most points poise the greatest threats. Mr. Wednesday took a decent size hit yesterday so clearly just because Chesapeake, Jeheinz, and I are not likely to be detractors does not mean we are not Catholic detractors.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #632
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Why would you think that two detractors come from one Conference? I find that highly unlikely Racer.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #633
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA: This is the second unlikely theory that Racer has come out with. He had been pushing, in our conference, the idea that one of the Catholics was also a detractor. Now he's suggesting that two Catholics come from the same conference. I'd love to see someone scan him for being a catholic.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #634
chesapeake
College Starter

As you guessed, I am the saboteur. Scanning me for Catholicism is fine by me.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #635
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Why would you think that two detractors come from one Conference? I find that highly unlikely Racer.

I think the three Catholic detractors may come from one conference. That would give us the following groups:

-4 detractors
-4 Catholic detractors (3 from the TWC)
-3 groups of 3 conference loyalists

If the Catholic detractors come from seperate conferences, then that means there are conferences that only have two teams loyal to it. Assuming that the victory condition isn't going to change for teams loyal to their conference, those two teams then have virtually no chance of winning because they get beat in the polls (because 4 people voting together overrules any group of 2 people voting together) and also would be vulnerable to night attacks which regular detractors are not unless it is convenient meaning that they would have a very hard time winning the computer poll as well.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #636
chesapeake
College Starter

I agree with BK, in that 2 Catholics from one conference seems highly unlikely.

My conference can be cleared of Catholics quickly. We know that Molson, our detractor, can't be the Catholic. If somoene scans Lathum and myself, we'll know in one turn who it is.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #637
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
DOLA: This is the second unlikely theory that Racer has come out with. He had been pushing, in our conference, the idea that one of the Catholics was also a detractor. Now he's suggesting that two Catholics come from the same conference. I'd love to see someone scan him for being a catholic.

I think tonight it would be best if the scouts scanned ntndeacon, chesapeake, and me for being Catholic. We are currently #1, #2, and #5 in the polls so I think it is important that we be scanned. As previosly stated, I also think everyone in the TWC may be either a detractor or Catholic detractor so it would be good to test that theory which is another reason why we should scan ntndeacon tonight.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #638
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think tonight it would be best if the scouts scanned ntndeacon, chesapeake, and me for being Catholic. We are currently #1, #2, and #5 in the polls so I think it is important that we be scanned. As previosly stated, I also think everyone in the TWC may be either a detractor or Catholic detractor so it would be good to test that theory which is another reason why we should scan ntndeacon tonight.

did I miss this explanation? Im neither catholic nor detractor (unless I missed a Pm saying I was catholic) so....... cant be all of us are bad

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #639
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well I'm glad we agree that you should be scanned.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #640
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
did I miss this explanation? Im neither catholic nor detractor (unless I missed a Pm saying I was catholic) so....... cant be all of us are bad

There isn't any hard evidence. Just something I think is a distinct possibility from a game balance standpoint. I talked about it in post #635.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #641
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think tonight it would be best if the scouts scanned ntndeacon, chesapeake, and me for being Catholic.

Question for Pass: Can a seer scan for Catholics within their own conference?

I'm assuming the answer to that is no, so I will scan one of the other two listed here today.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:08 AM   #642
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Question for Pass: Can a seer scan for Catholics within their own conference?

I'm assuming the answer to that is no, so I will scan one of the other two listed here today.

You're correct -- the answer is no.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #643
chesapeake
College Starter

Vote Mr. W

Public Poll
1. Racer
2. Barkeep
3. Chesapeake
4. ntndeacon
5. jeheinz
Old 12-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #644
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Mr. Wednesday

not that I am against being scanned in general, but wouldn't it be better served to scan folks from conferences that did not currently have a known catholic?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #645
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
There isn't any hard evidence. Just something I think is a distinct possibility from a game balance standpoint. I talked about it in post #635.

You never gave a reason for thinking its TWC thats all bad!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:27 PM   #646
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
You never gave a reason for thinking its TWC thats all bad!

I assume it is because we know one catholic besides Notre Dame and that is Mr Wednesday. Still think it is a bad idea. go after the other conferences.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #647
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote Mr. W

public poll

1. SnDvls
2. Jhenitz
3. Anxiety
4. RendeR
5. ntn
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #648
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Mr. Wednesday
Old 12-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #649
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Mr. Wednesday
Old 12-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #650
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Public poll
1. Mr. Wednesday
2. Alan T
3. ntndeacon
4. Chief Rum
5. Racer

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote