FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Not mine, FOFC's
yeah, yeah, you know what I meant

Quote:
I just figure it'll be more interesting once the initial building rush in completed in Troutville. Remember folks, it'll not only provide a second place to sleep on the other half on the quadrant but also a general store that should have a different selection of goods than the one in Troutville.

in all three stores actually. I've found that the really cool items start showing up around level 3, although the donkey is quite helpful and shows up at level 1

Best store to get to level 3 as soon as possible is the tailor, as most all pieces of clothing have some way of helping in jobs we do, while guns only help those who want to duel...

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #602
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Jon, are you going to be online around 9:30 CST tonight? I'll be arriving at El Dolada around that time with nearly $400 in my pocket. Will that be enough to get a hotel going? If so, I'd request a town invite close to the time I arrive so I can't be dueled.

I should be, barring some unforeseen interruption around the house.

Unless I'm crazy though this ought to work just as well. I just sent you an invitation which (as far as I can figure) you simply shouldn't accept until you're ready to join. I don't think they expire unless I cancel it, which I don't anticipate needing to do since you're the first person to ask for one. That should show up in your telegrams.

It's $120/hour for work on buildings as I understand it, so that would be at least 3 hours of work. Problem is that we're kind of short of efficient workers at the moment (see Frog Man's table up the thread a bit) but having the money in the town treasury would certainly make the process easier when one or more of the builders does arrive in El Dolado.

edit to add: Also, on that same train of thought ... Frog Man (or anybody), what do you think about adding a line for the treasury status of the town to the Google page? Might not always be the most up to date info (since I don't know if, without checking, I'll know every time money comes in or out) but it might at least give builders an idea of what they could find to fund their efforts. Thoughts?

Speaking of which, builders who aren't members of the town, feel free to check with me here or in-game before heading to El Dolado to work (in order to avoid arriving with your hammer in hand only to discover there was less cash in the treasury than you needed to get rolling). Currently the treasury has a whopping $5 in it, so unless you're carrying your own bankroll no point in heading that way just yet.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-16-2009 at 04:44 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #603
chinaski
College Prospect

Gonna go carve out some claims after this 2 hours is up on the General Store construction (25 mins left). We need the money.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #604
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

We can build portions of buildings, not just whole buildings, right? I think I've got enough construction points to make starting the hotel worthwhile.

Good call on waiting to accept the invitation. That seems like an easy enough solution.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #605
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
We can build portions of buildings, not just whole buildings, right? I think I've got enough construction points to make starting the hotel worthwhile.

Good call on waiting to accept the invitation. That seems like an easy enough solution.

Yes, its built in percentages. But make sure you look over FM's chart on LP efficiency. It seems to me anything under 130'ish LP would be a waste of the treasury.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #606
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We can build portions of buildings, not just whole buildings, right?

Yes, that's how I understand it.

Basically the work goes toward the whole amount of construction points needed, like 100 points for a level one store. You'll do (give or take) Net Labour points divided by 4 in CP per hour. Then once the worker is finished with that segment/goes idle/whatever then the building waits in that condition (say 15% complete) until another segment of work is done on it.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #607
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Yes, its built in percentages. But make sure you look over FM's chart on LP efficiency. It seems to me anything under 130'ish LP would be a waste of the treasury.

I'm at 123, and currently 3rd in construction points behind you and FM. If I'm not high enough, we are going to have to wait for the two of you to build everything. I'd like to at least get a hotel going so we don't have to walk over an hour to the nearest resting point.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #608
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Question about building stuff -- I know it's $120 per hour for construction but since I haven't actually built anything myself I don't know whether there's a one hour minimum work unit or if it's the same 10 min/30 min/1 hour/2 hour choices as the other jobs.

In connection with that, is that $120/hour pro-rated (like energy cost on other jobs is for shorter segments) or is that $120 the flat rate even if you don't work the whole hour (kind of like paying $10 for an 8 hour hotel room even if you wake up & go back to work after 6 hours)? Seemed like a good thing to know one way or the other.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #609
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
I'm at 123, and currently 3rd in construction points behind you and FM. If I'm not high enough, we are going to have to wait for the two of you to build everything. I'd like to at least get a hotel going so we don't have to walk over an hour to the nearest resting point.

Yes, for sure. 123 is close enough with only 3 builders too not care about the 100 dollars difference.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #610
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Cool, I did want to make sure I stayed within the towns' best interests.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #611
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Question about building stuff -- I know it's $120 per hour for construction but since I haven't actually built anything myself I don't know whether there's a one hour minimum work unit or if it's the same 10 min/30 min/1 hour/2 hour choices as the other jobs.

In connection with that, is that $120/hour pro-rated (like energy cost on other jobs is for shorter segments) or is that $120 the flat rate even if you don't work the whole hour (kind of like paying $10 for an 8 hour hotel room even if you wake up & go back to work after 6 hours)? Seemed like a good thing to know one way or the other.

For building in town its: 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours. As for the last part of your question, I dont know what happens if you dont work the whole hour .
Old 04-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #612
chinaski
College Prospect

Sweet, got the store 70% built in just 2 hours worth of work!

Now if only we had people free up their spots like they were supposed too, we'd have enough money in the treasury to finish this thing off. I wont name names (except in my bolded post above) heheheh.

Last edited by chinaski : 04-16-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #613
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'm near Dolarado. Should I go to that one or FM's?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #614
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Actually I need to probably do some jobs first I spent some dough earlier on some stuff for quests.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #615
Calis
College Starter

I have Gertbeef picking some beans and realized he is right near Troutiville. I didn't even notice it.

I'll gladly join the town later tonight to deposit some cash if that's the plan(I'm too lazy to go back through this thread). I think I have about $200 I can donate to the cause, more if I sell the stuff in my inventory.

I'm really not sure if I have "gimped" my character or what I'm going to do. I really had no plan for the guy and have been putting points into whatever the hell catches my eye at the moment so he's all over the place. He's not really specialized in anything other than doing whatever quest I'm offered.

Guess maybe that's what Adventurer is for, I'll worry about it at 10. Do you have to pick right at 10 or can you pick anytime after that?
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #616
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
Guess maybe that's what Adventurer is for, I'll worry about it at 10. Do you have to pick right at 10 or can you pick anytime after that?

Whenever after. I'm almost to level 11 and still haven't selected.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #617
chinaski
College Prospect

Going in for another hour on the General Store, then its hotel time for me.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #618
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Coffee Warlord is now in da house.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #619
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
edit to add: Also, on that same train of thought ... Frog Man (or anybody), what do you think about adding a line for the treasury status of the town to the Google page? Might not always be the most up to date info (since I don't know if, without checking, I'll know every time money comes in or out) but it might at least give builders an idea of what they could find to fund their efforts. Thoughts?

Don't know that it's really necessary in that workers will most probably be permanent members of a town and town member can always check how much is in the town treasury by going to the bank. Unless you meant something else...

Quote:
Speaking of which, builders who aren't members of the town, feel free to check with me here or in-game before heading to El Dolado to work (in order to avoid arriving with your hammer in hand only to discover there was less cash in the treasury than you needed to get rolling). Currently the treasury has a whopping $5 in it, so unless you're carrying your own bankroll no point in heading that way just yet.

but then, we need benefactors to show up at your doorsteps, and we need people who have donated TO LEAVE TOWN ONCE THEY'VE DONE SO. Guys, it's really important if we want to get money rolling.

We cannot kick you out of town for a certain period of time, but you can leave almost right after you got in.

Speaking about Troutville, this means Kidbrit, NeonChaos and Weemus McToots, please go to the list of residents and click the "leave town" icon once your donation is done. I'm sure other people have accumulated money they want to donate but can't since we cannot invite any more people.

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #620
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I'm near Dolarado. Should I go to that one or FM's?

go to El dolado to donate money.

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #621
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
go to El dolado to donate money.

FM

Will do. I am doing 3 hours of picking cotton now for a quest, then I'll probably do one more job then probably go to bed for the night then donate the money tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #622
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I am one crow scaring off mothafudda.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #623
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

Jon, you can test this yourself. Go to the town hall, check one of the building and click construction, it'll bring you to another screen, very similar to any other job screen except you'll have some option as to where the money comes from (your own or the treasury) and you'll see that the possible durations are as chinaski said. minimum is 30 minutes so basically, while I used $120/hour, it's more like $60/30 minutes.

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #624
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jon, you can test this yourself.

Doh !
Old 04-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #625
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Coffee Warlord is now in da house.
added to census.

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #626
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Doh !

jon, sent you an ingame message. You want me go help you put together the hotel?

I got $320 with me too...

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #627
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'm officially a level 10 Dueler, FYI
Old 04-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #628
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
props to chinaski for whipping together a pretty neat little Troutville flag, take a look at this!

I'll upload it to the town page tonight.

FM

LLLLLOOOOVVVEE IT

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #629
hawk4669
High School JV

30 min before my current job is complete. Is there a preference on where we donate? I want to contribute to any of the FOFC sponsored towns/areas. Just let me know.

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #630
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk4669 View Post
30 min before my current job is complete. Is there a preference on where we donate? I want to contribute to any of the FOFC sponsored towns/areas. Just let me know.

go to El Dolado, we're out of room at Troutville until some people leave town, or we are able to kick them out...

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #631
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
jon, sent you an ingame message.

Just sent you an answer on that about 2 minutes ago. Just got home from taking Will out for his 11th birthday dinner, and Luke Warmwater wakes up in about 20 seconds from now.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #632
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

So when do you think I should head to one of the towns? Im a level 6 (soon to be 7 here tonight) adventurer with 77 bucks cash and around 100 bucks in stuff to sell.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #633
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Just sent you an answer on that about 2 minutes ago. Just got home from taking Will out for his 11th birthday dinner, and Luke Warmwater wakes up in about 20 seconds from now.

yeah, I'm currenlty walking to your town, should be there in 23 minutes or so. Send me an invite.

I have already set chinaski as a founder of Troutville, so he has the same powers I had as a founder and he's doing fine, putting up the general store (or any other 100 points building level) in three hours on his own. As long as we feed him money, he can set up the other two shops in a matter of a day or two...

Simply makes sense that I go help you out. And I have $356 of hard cash (no counting stuff I can sell) to use on your treasury.

I have also put that notice on the town's front:
Quote:
Welcome to Troutville - FOFC

If you don't know what FOFC stands for, don't bother asking for an invite, we have a pretty long waiting list

As for FOFCers, if you are in the vicinity and want to come in to either shop, or donate money to help town, ask for an invite.

Once you have an invite, please do your shopping and donation quickly, then leave town so we can have the spot open for someone else.

This is necessary until we get the residences built up a little.

Thanks for your understanding.

Pretty self explanatory, guys, please help us out here. There will come a time when everyone will have a regular spot in either town. This is not now sadly. We need money, or I'll have to stop working on the town and go to make money...

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #634
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in the area. I have another 4 minutes to do some prospecting and then about a 20 minute walk to Troutville. I have about $100 I can donate so.. if someone wants to invite me in 30 minutes (9:15 PM CST) I can do my transactions and leave.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #635
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Froggie - invite sent.

I also "borrowed" the text of your notice word for word (except for the town name of course) and added it to the front of El Dolado.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #636
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Froggie - invite sent.

I also "borrowed" the text of your notice word for word (except for the town name of course) and added it to the front of El Dolado.

good for the town text, as for me going to help you, fit has hit the shan. I cannot join a town for the next 7h 45 minutes cause I've left a few towns already. You still want me coming over right now, so I'll be able to work tomorrow morning, or let it go?

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #637
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So just starting, I should just go through the easy barktender quests with the tutorial until I finish them all correct?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #638
Crim
College Benchwarmer

RIP
Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #639
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Alan, those are merely the beginning. It looks like those are where you'll continue to get quests even as you level up. Eventually, as you may have guessed, the other three inhabitants of the bar will stop ignoring you and give you quests as well.

RIP
Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #640
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
So just starting, I should just go through the easy barktender quests with the tutorial until I finish them all correct?

yes, finish them all and we'll see you when you hit level 30 or so...

Seiously, yes the tutorial quests are simply the beginning, then you'll get some more, and more and then some more... Keep working your way up and reading about it, you'll get the hang of it in no time...

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #641
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
good for the town text, as for me going to help you, fit has hit the shan. I cannot join a town for the next 7h 45 minutes cause I've left a few towns already. You still want me coming over right now, so I'll be able to work tomorrow morning, or let it go?

Just let it go for now, do something to put a few more bucks in your pocket or what have you, we'll figure it out tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #642
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Id be willing to part with most of my money, Frog. But you are further then I am, how much of my money do you think I should donate? I know you will say its my decision and all that other bullshit, but just tell me what to do boss. I want to get this town built up. But if it would hurt my development to donate all my money Ill just keep plugging.

Tell me what to do
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #643
chinaski
College Prospect

Wooo, General Store complete in 2 sessions!

Hawk4669, just sent you an invite. Please make sure and click the "Leave Town" link off of the Town Hall->Residents screen once you've donated.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #644
hawk4669
High School JV

Going there now!

www.hbfire.org
Old 04-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #645
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Just let it go for now, do something to put a few more bucks in your pocket or what have you, we'll figure it out tomorrow.

I've officially left Troutville, will be able to join El Dolado in 7h25min. Have set myself to do two 2 hours round of carving out claims. I'll then have just enough energy to work one hour on the hotel before heading out to La Vie Boheme to rest to be ready for the weekend, when I'm able to be online a bit more...

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #646
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Id be willing to part with most of my money, Frog. But you are further then I am, how much of my money do you think I should donate? I know you will say its my decision and all that other bullshit, but just tell me what to do boss. I want to get this town built up. But if it would hurt my development to donate all my money Ill just keep plugging.

Tell me what to do

it's your decision, do what you want with it

Seriously, we'll take all the money anybody is willing to give. And by we, it's either of the two towns. As you just saw, chinaski was able to get the general store up in three hours, but it still cost $360. He'll be able to do another shop, or even two tomorrow, but it'll cost a total of $720 for two shops of level 1.

Donkey is also now available at Troutville and I wouldn't fault you for buying one before donating anything...

BTW, info on items available at Troutville's general store have already been added to the website...

FM
Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #647
hawk4669
High School JV

Ack...how do I donate to the town. I might be a tard, but I'm not seeing an option...

www.hbfire.org
Old 04-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #648
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ack...how do I donate to the town. I might be a tard, but I'm not seeing an option...

Who's idea was it to let the frikkin noobs in?!?

RIP
Old 04-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #649
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Click the signpost on the town screen. Click the bank. click the box in the upper right corner, "town treasury" or something, type the amount you're donating.

RIP
Old 04-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #650
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hawk, enter the bank (bottom left building in the town). Once inside you'll have an option on the left to put money in your own account (up to $80 in a level one bank) or on the upper right an option to put money into the town treasury.