Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #601
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Interesting. Well, that leaves some major doubts that PB and Mccollins are both bad.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #602
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm tempted to say it was villager-villager-villager and the switches were meant to do just what they did, create chaos. I still don't trust you or Cronin but I don't get the moves to try and force my hand. You know what though, maybe you and Cronin are wolves and all that movement was to try and steer enough votes on me, I don't know.

From the votes, I'm likely on my way out, which I guess I shouldn't complain about since it gives my thumb a break for a week or so, so I'll just take the votes and let you guys see the results. Maybe you'll see something that you made a mistake so look at who drove both votes on me.

What do you mean by 'the moves to try and force my hand'? Are you referring to mccollins here, or something else?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #603
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Interesting. Well, that leaves some major doubts that PB and Mccollins are both bad.

How so?
Old 06-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #604
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
How so?

If you can accept for the moment that I am a cat, I find it unlikely they'd BOTH go after me.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #605
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Why CW? Same reasons as mccollins or do you have different reasons?

Simple reason. I have to put up somebody as a second candidate and I refuse to vote Cronin. Mccollins actually believes that I'm good. So that leaves CW. He gets it by default.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #606
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
mccollins was not trying to save me. If he were trying to save me, he would have voted PurdueBrad or hoopsguy, not Coffee Warlord.

I'm on Coffee Warlord because it felt like he was 'leading' the proceedings on day 1 and because he was so suspicious of me.

At this point, if he was a wolf/dog, I feel he could have better orchestrated a run on me. Barring that happening, I'll be looking to move my vote tomorrow morning.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #607
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Simple reason. I have to put up somebody as a second candidate and I refuse to vote Cronin. Mccollins actually believes that I'm good. So that leaves CW. He gets it by default.

Well, that's interesting (though I don't really know in what way). I hadn't seen all this before I posted.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #608
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So if that was a joke, why are you now calling out these three, when earlier you were accusing cronin, Lathum, and The Jackal? I realize you were being flip in your earlier accusations, but when you throw crap around at everyone, you pretty much devalue whatever it is you're trying to say.

Uh, here of sarcasm much? I spelled out the current group of 4 that I suspect (cronin included). The Lathum and Jackyl comments were sarcastic responses to their posts. It's just trying to stir the pot to see what else I can get out of them, like talking while at a poker table to see what tells come out.

I still don't suspect you though Pass, but I'm starting to wonder why I don't.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #609
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Warlord - mccollins (493), Purdue (597)
Cronin - heinz (505)
PB - Cronin (506), Pass (508), RendeR (593), Lathum (594)
mccollins - Warlord (562)

Im off tommorow, so I wont be updateing the count alot. I will be back from my emitions test for deadline, and im putting off my long awaited DMV trip till after but you will have to do your own dealine coutns.....

You missed my vote on 582 for cronin. Probably my bad though as I put it in with a larger breakdown post.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #610
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
VOTE PERDUEBRAD
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #611
Seolian
n00b

I am pretty new to the game, but all the moving around at the end is pretty peculiar. So far, I am putting Lathum, jeheinz and PUrdueBrad on my list of wolfies and will be voting for PerdueBrad because of the amount of changes and the way he has taken on comments against him.

VOTE PURDUEBRAD
Seolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #612
KWhit
Coordinator

I didn't like the late day one vote switch by mccollins. I still don't know what that's about.

At first, my theory was that mccollins was a wolf and he was trying to kill two birds with one stone:

Get a strong player (Hoops) lynched without actually having to cast a vote for him
Put a meaningless, throw away vote on a fellow wolf (CW) that he could point to later

Obviously that makes some assumptions, and I actually don't think that CW is a wolf because of how hard he came after mccollins after that. So maybe my theory is crap, but right now I can't get past the f'ed up vote switch by mccollins. There's something screwy there.

Vote Mccollins
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #613
KWhit
Coordinator

Wow. Quite a lot of votes in a row on PurdueBrad.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #614
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Wow. Quite a lot of votes in a row on PurdueBrad.

6 or 7. Which, even accepting the fact that some people won't be around for the deadline, is a lot this early. I think it's awfully early for the mutts to be firing up a sacrificial lamb.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #615
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I didn't like the late day one vote switch by mccollins. I still don't know what that's about.

At first, my theory was that mccollins was a wolf and he was trying to kill two birds with one stone:

Get a strong player (Hoops) lynched without actually having to cast a vote for him
Put a meaningless, throw away vote on a fellow wolf (CW) that he could point to later

Obviously that makes some assumptions, and I actually don't think that CW is a wolf because of how hard he came after mccollins after that. So maybe my theory is crap, but right now I can't get past the f'ed up vote switch by mccollins. There's something screwy there.

Nope, just playing different this game. Throwing stones and seeing who reacts most strongly - or gets their wolf buddies to attack back at me.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #616
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder what the wolves that are voting for me are seeing that is driving everyone else to see me as a wolf. I know what I see going on and therefore have to look at the run as well.

I don't have anything more than random guess at worst but I do trust what I have seen from St. Cronin which is why he won't get my vote. I think mccollins is okay as well. Coffeewarlord is still an unknown so I'll stay there.

If people don't get it and change at this point, you've got to wonder.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #617
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
6 or 7. Which, even accepting the fact that some people won't be around for the deadline, is a lot this early.

Normally I would be much more subtle with what I said in my previous post but the deadline is a big problem with so few around.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #618
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm inclined to agree with this. I nearly put the third vote on him earlier when I posted on what I thought of his play up to this point, but I didn't necessarily want to make it easy to start a run on him. Well, the run happened anyway.

I'm almost always on the opposite side of PurdueBrad in these games, which has definitely led to some in-game friction in the past. Nothing terribly heated, but neither of us is generally that inclined to trust the other (well, I can definitely say this for myself).

I think I was fighting against voting for him earlier - even when I thought it was the right move - because I thought the day one votes were pretty lame (FOFC Sex Symbol draft). That said, sometimes lame reasons get good results. I voted for Blade on Day 1 of the X-Com game because he was always killed right away in that dynasty so it made me chuckle. Stupid reason, but he was a bad guy. Same thing going to happen here?

If we don't get PB now, I think we'll keep coming around to him later in the game. This isn't like some of the other games where a seer scan is 100% damning. There is a seer and a fool, and if someone gets a "pound puppie" result on someone it isn't a certainty that they are in fact bad. So I don't think we can just say "leave him for the seer tomorrow".

OK, end of stream of conscious thought.

I'm probably going to end up voting for PB at the end of the night, even if I do think the run on him smells off. I think we have to know, one way or the other, about him from Day 1. I'm just not sure I like the logical conclusion of that if he is in fact a villager, since it puts Cronin and I as the next two to test with votes/lynch.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #619
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, are you still going to be around in 30 minutes? I want to run something past you but I'm on my way out the door right now.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #620
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB, are you still going to be around in 30 minutes? I want to run something past you but I'm on my way out the door right now.

Yeah, I'll be here.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #621
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

baH! someone do a vote coutn, i missed one

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #622
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
baH! someone do a vote coutn, i missed one

It was probably for me

I'll let someone else do it because if I make amistake, I don't want to be accussed of cheating or maybe being a fool.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #623
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
If you can accept for the moment that I am a cat, I find it unlikely they'd BOTH go after me.

I think it might set them up to say "why would we both vote for the same person?" regardless of what you are.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #624
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree with this. I nearly put the third vote on him earlier when I posted on what I thought of his play up to this point, but I didn't necessarily want to make it easy to start a run on him. Well, the run happened anyway.

I'm almost always on the opposite side of PurdueBrad in these games, which has definitely led to some in-game friction in the past. Nothing terribly heated, but neither of us is generally that inclined to trust the other (well, I can definitely say this for myself).

I think I was fighting against voting for him earlier - even when I thought it was the right move - because I thought the day one votes were pretty lame (FOFC Sex Symbol draft). That said, sometimes lame reasons get good results. I voted for Blade on Day 1 of the X-Com game because he was always killed right away in that dynasty so it made me chuckle. Stupid reason, but he was a bad guy. Same thing going to happen here?

If we don't get PB now, I think we'll keep coming around to him later in the game. This isn't like some of the other games where a seer scan is 100% damning. There is a seer and a fool, and if someone gets a "pound puppie" result on someone it isn't a certainty that they are in fact bad. So I don't think we can just say "leave him for the seer tomorrow".

OK, end of stream of conscious thought.

I'm probably going to end up voting for PB at the end of the night, even if I do think the run on him smells off. I think we have to know, one way or the other, about him from Day 1. I'm just not sure I like the logical conclusion of that if he is in fact a villager, since it puts Cronin and I as the next two to test with votes/lynch.

hoops, you might explain this to PB in half an hour anyway, but what smells off about the PB run to you?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #625
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to keep my vote on cronin for now but I am really starting to wonder about PB. His recent posts seem to be getting close to the tell range that I mentioned before.

Either of these are in the two pairs of wolves whom I suspect (see my earlier breakdown) so it could clear that up for me a bit.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #626
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

unvote Coffeewarlord
vote Eaglefan

You're right in that I'm telling something but you are (intentionally?) missing it. Plus the fact that you have a vote on St. Cronin looks even worse from what I've seen.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #627
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Warlord - mccollins (493)
Cronin - heinz (505), Eagle fan #582
PB - Cronin (506), Pass (508), RendeR (593), Lathum (594), Olegirl 610, Seolieon 611
mccollins - Warlord (562), Kwhitt 612
Eagles- PB #626

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #628
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Just want to point out:

2 posts after the first vote, I get the second.
1 post after the third vote, I get the fourth.
1 post after the fifth, I get the sixth.

3 pairs voting, together?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #629
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
hoops, you might explain this to PB in half an hour anyway, but what smells off about the PB run to you?

There is no reveal/scan, but all the votes are towards PB and none towards Cronin (or me, I was in the team photo on Day 1 as well).

The run feels a little too easy. Maybe there is an element of paranoia here, but most of the time when I don't understand runs I see villagers getting lynched.

However, I've got another thought on my mind now that I want to finish exploring.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #630
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so the thought that I've got.

Purdue, since you are pretty blatantly suggesting that you are a seer/fool, why wouldn't you have posted on Friday when you were up for lynch? Or did I just miss something (or a post after I was out) that was more subtle than your stuff tonight?

It is pretty clear who you are suggesting you scanned as well. Cool, that result makes sense in light of yesterday. But I've seen you as the seer in games in the past in trouble on Day 1. You didn't come outright and say it, but it was clear enough for someone paying attention. If you did that this game, then supply a post number. If not, then why did you change your MO only to swing it again tonight?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #631
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, I've got the post numbers (don't know how to do multiple quotations) but am glad you remember how I've done this (although you were bad last time I did it and I learned to be a *touch* more subtle). Before I post the numbers/explanations though, let me explain why I didn't say anything night 1: I had the defining vote, or so I thought. All the movement almost screwed things but I still made it out on the tie. I scanned and got a result on St.Cronin which is why I refuse to vote for him even though I could be the Persian.

Here are my posts:

Post 222- the use of look/looking
233- the mention of pawns (we got seer ability of sorts on night 4 as Pass or mccollins can verify). Why else mention them here?
254- "base all my decisions on what I've seen" Umm, yeah, which is why I derided day one because I hadn't seen anything yet
390- was me asking the other seer to scan me because it would help determine Persian/Siamese
403- again, use of look
590-on: much more blunt

As you'll recall, I was much less subtle in the past using the word "see" over and over, this time I tried "look" in case this came up. I'll probably never be able to do it again after this but there you go.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #632
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I was confused by post 390 from the get-go. Who made you look like a liar?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #633
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was confused by post 390 from the get-go. Who made you look like a liar?

Two-fold, actually: Obviously the use of liar was strong and that was a hint that I could be the fool. But secondly, it goes back to what I thought were vote manipulations at the deadline. I guaranteed no tie and then it still happened.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #634
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Can't edit but I did use look in post 390 as well.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #635
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Two-fold, actually: Obviously the use of liar was strong and that was a hint that I could be the fool. But secondly, it goes back to what I thought were vote manipulations at the deadline. I guaranteed no tie and then it still happened.

You're not the only one. jeheinz guaranteed no tie -- you at least had an excuse, too. KWhit said something about hating ties, and he didn't do anything, either (but I think he was hinting that he was too confused to break the tie).
Old 06-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #636
mccollins
College Prospect

I want to believe you PB, but some of those seem tenuous at best. I think 254 is the best example.

If you do get lynched and come up as a wolf, it looks like hoops just lobbed you a softball to try to explain some of the suspicion (that I still don't understand) away. I hope you really are what you're hinting at.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #637
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I hope you really are what you're hinting at.

And that's my other concern, if I turn out to be the Persian, it's probably better me being lynched rather than give bad scans.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #638
Passacaglia
Coordinator

PB, how can we be sure you weren't giving yourslf this excuse from the start? I'm slightly inclined to believe you, but if I do, then I don't know who to vote for!
Old 06-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #639
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

IF you believe me and frankly I'm not going to beg you to, don't vote for Cronin either.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #640
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I want to believe you PB, but some of those seem tenuous at best. I think 254 is the best example.

If you do get lynched and come up as a wolf, it looks like hoops just lobbed you a softball to try to explain some of the suspicion (that I still don't understand) away. I hope you really are what you're hinting at.

I guess my thing is not how strong his references are -- it's that he could have been lying about them the whole time. Especially with two seer types -- if he's fake, a real seer wouldn't call him out. And no, we're not going to suggest that we try to get two seer reveals!
Old 06-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #641
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
And that's my other concern, if I turn out to be the Persian, it's probably better me being lynched rather than give bad scans.

Well, since you've basically revealed, would it be worth it to go ahead and tell the result of your scan?

The rules say the Persian will always get back either "dark or light" results. It might be easy to figure out which one you are and then the other seer/fool will be able to better figure out their role.

Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #642
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
IF you believe me and frankly I'm not going to beg you to, don't vote for Cronin either.

Yeah, I just re-read through and saw those comments in your new light.

I'm being entertained by the lolcats too much to vote for cronin anyways.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #643
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, I just re-read through and saw those comments in your new light.

I'm being entertained by the lolcats too much to vote for cronin anyways.

But that's what you were suggesting in your previous post, right?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #644
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
And no, we're not going to suggest that we try to get two seer reveals!

Absolutely not. One of them is enough. Hopefully we can get enough info to help that person figure out their role and stay quiet.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #645
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
But that's what you were suggesting in your previous post, right?

Which post?

I'm prepared to move off CW tomorrow, but not onto Cronin.

I've got a couple of others in mind, but I want to go read back through the run on PB. Honestly, I don't know that the wolves would've picked up on his hints without hoops anyways.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #646
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I returned, w/o a direct quote, Cronin's aura appears as light to you.

Sorry, getting distracted helping the wife set up Wiifit.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #647
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, since you've basically revealed, would it be worth it to go ahead and tell the result of your scan?

The rules say the Persian will always get back either "dark or light" results. It might be easy to figure out which one you are and then the other seer/fool will be able to better figure out their role.

Thoughts?

Didn't he already reveal the results of his "scan" when he clears cronin?

I think there's some BS going on here.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:44 PM   #648
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

lol, sorry, was watching the fight and didn't refresh to see all the other posts since I hit the quote button.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #649
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I wonder what the wolves that are voting for me are seeing that is driving everyone else to see me as a wolf. I know what I see going on and therefore have to look at the run as well.

I don't have anything more than random guess at worst but I do trust what I have seen from St. Cronin which is why he won't get my vote. I think mccollins is okay as well. Coffeewarlord is still an unknown so I'll stay there.

If people don't get it and change at this point, you've got to wonder.

I'm pretty sure I saw exactly what PB wanted someone (me or otherwise) to see in this spot. I didn't initially pick up any of the hints he listed earlier. Going now to look at the context around those posts to see if it passes the sniff test.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #650
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going to vote in the morning. After re-reading the posts I still think PB is a wolf but I want to sleep on the idea of potentially flushing the seer on my gut here.