Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

That block tho. Damn.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #604
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Leave it to NBA analysts to complain about a missed foul call and ignore the 25 steps Manu took before the foul occurred.

The steps were because of the foul.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #605
RedKingGold
College Starter

That block was nasty.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #606
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Game 7 is in Miami, right?

Right. 2-3-2 in the NBA.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #607
MrBug708
Head Coach

If there wouldn't have been a fouls on the drive, he wouldn't have needed to take so many steps
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #609
kingfc22
Head Coach

Way to swallow the whistle...
Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #610
PilotMan
Head Coach

Game 7's are money. I mean they are worth money. Lots of it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #611
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
The steps were because of the foul.

Dude, they weren't grabbing him by the feet and forcing him to walk. You can't just barrel into a crowd of defenders carrying the ball and expect a call.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #612
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

My old boss from Starbucks is such a fair weather fan. Was the biggest Celtics/Pats fan you've ever seen, right?

Moved to Miami literally...a week ago and he's all over his facebook page like "RAY ALLEN WITH A HUGE THREE TO SEND US TO OVERTIME."

So I called him on the Heat not being his team - he's all "Well...the Heat are good. Go Heat!"
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #613
Galaxy
Coordinator

No wonder Mark Cuban finds the NBA refs terrible.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #614
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Ray Allen with the biggest 10 points. He had some great points tonight.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #615
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Dude, they weren't grabbing him by the feet and forcing him to walk. You can't just barrel into a crowd of defenders carrying the ball and expect a call.

When they are holding your arm so you can't get the shot off it most certainly is a foul.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #616
hoopsguy
General Manager

I expect this game will be remembered well, but having just finished watching it there were a ton of mistakes on both sides in the final 7-8 minutes of play.

Can't wait to see what Simmons + Lowe @ Grantland write heading into Game 7 for this series.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #617
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

""" This camp. He basically walked through it.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #618
RedKingGold
College Starter

Watching the NBA is only annoying because fans/spectators complain about the refs as soon as the game ends. Give it a rest, I'm sure there were a shit ton of calls that went against the Heat as well.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #619
Jas_lov
College Starter

Manu was fouled. That could have been the championship right there. Joey Crawford better not be reffing game 7.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #620
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I expect this game will be remembered well, but having just finished watching it there were a ton of mistakes on both sides in the final 7-8 minutes of play.

Can't wait to see what Simmons + Lowe @ Grantland write heading into Game 7 for this series.

Zach Lowe makes me care more about the mechanics of basketball than I ever have before - he's ridiculously good.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #621
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
When they are holding your arm so you can't get the shot off it most certainly is a foul.

I never saw an arm hold until the very end of the "rush."
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #622
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

So I watched my first nba game in many years tonight. I think it is worst than I remember. Also this popovich guy I hear so much about has no clue what he is doing out there. Ridiculous use of substitutions, no plays for Duncan the whole 4th quarter and ot??? Benching Duncan twice in last minute allowing the heat to get 2 second chance 3's. he didnt learn after the first I e to get your best rebounder out there? Also, what happened to the mid range jump shot???

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #623
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
My old boss from Starbucks is such a fair weather fan. Was the biggest Celtics/Pats fan you've ever seen, right?

Moved to Miami literally...a week ago and he's all over his facebook page like "RAY ALLEN WITH A HUGE THREE TO SEND US TO OVERTIME."

So I called him on the Heat not being his team - he's all "Well...the Heat are good. Go Heat!"

I love those people. Cowboys/Red Sox/Celtics/Penguins fans. It's like "how the hell do you make that combo?" There's always some great story about it.

Makes no sense, though. I'm all for rooting for who you want. But...those caravan fans crack me up.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #624
fpres
High School JV

Well, that sucked. The Spurs completely blew it tonight.
fpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #625
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Watching the NBA is only annoying because fans/spectators complain about the refs as soon as the game ends. Give it a rest, I'm sure there were a shit ton of calls that went against the Heat as well.

Holy Crap.... Never knew Lebron posted here...
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #626
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Basically. Refs didn't decide this game. A ton of missed shots did. Spurs had this thing on lock, Heat were despondent and they didn't close it out. No one to blame but themselves.

LeBron's supporting cast sans Wade really came up when they needed to, specifically Jesus Shuttlesworth and Bosh.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #627
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Spurs have themselves to blame. Same goes for Pop. Giving up two huge offensive rebounds and not hitting free throws.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #628
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Game 7 is in Miami, right?

Yes. No team down 3-2 going home for the final two games wins game 6 and lost game 7.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #629
MrBug708
Head Coach

I want to see Pop go off on the refs in his post game. The NBA wouldnt dare suspend him for game 7
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #630
Izulde
Head Coach

Fantastic game marred by the usual NBA-mandated favoritism refereeing.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #631
Swaggs
Coordinator

I have a friend that is a Patriots/Yankees/Duke Basketball/Alabama Football fan. Somehow, she is a huge Jeter AND Brady fan.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #632
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

We get it.. officiating is really bad.

It was bad both ways. Parker flopping but getting calls left and right. Heat getting hacked and not getting calls.

Then at the end of the game the Heat start getting calls and all of a sudden uproar.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #633
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I have a friend that is a Patriots/Yankees/Duke Basketball/Alabama Football fan. Somehow, she is a huge Jeter AND Brady fan.

Reminds me of someone that I know who is a:

Phillies, Sixers, Cowboys, Devils, North Carolina basketball and Michigan football fan. Can't figure out that combination.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #634
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

As a neutral observer, I thought it was a well ref'd game until the spurs got hosed twice near the end. It is not why they lost though. They made so e really dumb plays the last 10 minutes

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #635
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Basically. Refs didn't decide this game. A ton of missed shots did. Spurs had this thing on lock, Heat were despondent and they didn't close it out. No one to blame but themselves.

LeBron's supporting cast sans Wade really came up when they needed to, specifically Jesus Shuttlesworth and Bosh.

That's pretty much my thought on it. Both teams made horrible shot choices late. Difference late in the 4th and OT was Bosh and Allen for the Heat while Parker and Manu absolutely choked that one away with poor passing/shot decisions.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #636
Jas_lov
College Starter

And up by 3 with 18 seconds left...FOUL! Foul James and force him to make 2. And with Bosh in the game there was no need to take Duncan out. What was Bosh going to do, spot up for a 3? Pop blew it in regulation, Joey Crawford blew it in OT.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #637
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Holy Crap.... Never knew Lebron posted here...

Funny you should mention that, the only posters ripping on the refs here are those who wanted the Heat to lose. I have no interest in either team, and would it fact lean to the Spurs because they follow what I believe about organizational theory.

If the Spurs won, you wouldn't give diddly poo about the refs.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 06-18-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #638
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm a Cubs, Vikings, Wisconsin Badgers fan... been that way now for 20 years. I've lived in Wisconsin all my life.

I forgot to add that I'm a Bulls fan for the NBA, but only during the Jordan years. I've yet to find an NBA team to root for now because I feel guilty trying to become a fan of one now. I tried to like the Bucks but I've disliked the way their team is put together for the past many years... so I'm just an outside viewer instead.. I think I still consider the Bucks as my team now, but... not really if that makes sense.
Quote:

Phillies, Sixers, Cowboys, Devils, North Carolina basketball and Michigan football fan. Can't figure out that combination.

Last edited by mauchow : 06-18-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #639
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

The random college lovers are the ones that really kill me when they have absolutely no connection whatsoever to the school, don't live anywhere near the state and the players only stay at the most 4 years.

Trips me out. Like my one friend who is a Red Sox/Penguins/Patriots/Magic/Duke fan. Except when the Phillies are doing well. Then she claims them too.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #640
MrBug708
Head Coach

Well ya, if you wanted the Heat to win, you got your wish so why bite the hand that feeds you?

I actually dont care who wins though
Old 06-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #641
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm a Dodger, UCLA, Laker, fan. Kings and Galaxy too, but not quite so die hard.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #642
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

All those missed freethrows bro...
Old 06-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #643
Izulde
Head Coach

Dolphins and UNLV fan primarily. White Sox much less weak fan than I used to be, because I've gotten a little bored with MLB the last few seasons. Might become a Suns fan in the NBA. Been leaning towards it a lot the last few months.

Edit: And I may add another college fandom in a year or two. :P

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 06-18-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #644
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
The random college lovers are the ones that really kill me when they have absolutely no connection whatsoever to the school, don't live anywhere near the state and the players only stay at the most 4 years.

Trips me out. Like my one friend who is a Red Sox/Penguins/Patriots/Magic/Duke fan. Except when the Phillies are doing well. Then she claims them too.

Ugh, yeah, my 'buddy' is a big time Oregon Ducks fan. And a FSU Seminoles fan. But likes Wisconsin, too but only if they're winning.. so he will just rip them to shreds any time they lose. I really dislike his view on college sports. I don't really like him but he's got good connections with rec leagues...
Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #645
britrock88
Pro Starter

My biggest complaint about basketball is that the subjectivity of calling fouls allows for a lot of normative officiating. So, as long as the favor is returned to the Spurs on Thursday for providing the league with Game 7 $$$, all is well.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #646
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If that's going to be called a travel, the NBA is going to play out much differently.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #647
nol
Banned

This press conference drives home the point that Pop is one of the greatest coaches of this (or any other) generation. A reporter tries to get Ginobili, then Parker, then Duncan to take the bait on a question about Popovich's substitution patterns, and all three of them stand by his decision 100 percent. If you switched the coaches in this series, there wouldn't have even been a Game 6.

Also, if you just switched the two teams in that last scenario, the general consensus would be "LOL at Wade/James trying to get the refs to bail him out and then whining like a little b*tch!! Everyone knows that the refs swallow their whistles in crunch time and let the REAL men decide the outcome!" I mean, the fact that you have to really blatantly foul someone at the end of a playoff game to be called for a foul is common enough knowledge that you could go back in this thread and find posts echoing the exact same sentiment after a close game.

Last edited by nol : 06-19-2013 at 12:23 AM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #648
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
This press conference drives home the point that Pop is one of the greatest coaches of this (or any other) generation. A reporter tries to get Ginobili, then Parker, then Duncan to take the bait on a question about Popovich's substitution patterns, and all three of them stand by his decision 100 percent.

Greatest coach who made 3 horrible mistakes in the final minute to cost his team a title.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #649
korme
Go Reds

That game has me exhausted. So, so, so great.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #650
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Lowe especially. I love Zach Lowe.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote