Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #601
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I love that you posted this 2 minutes before he fouled off 3,459 pitches and subsequently hit a 2-run shot. Joe V!

edit- actually you probably posted it right after. haha. i just realized i paused the game to get skyline so i'm like 5 minutes behind real time. heh.

God, harang is such a piece of shit.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #602
korme
Go Reds

Way to take a small sample size and totally throw your ace for years under the bus. Awesome.

I have a feeling the Cubs might be imploding this season.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #603
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
God, harang is such a piece of shit.

I hate when fans talk like this. He's done nothing but give everything from himself for how many years for us? How many innings? How many great games? Everyone runs out of gas and his time is now. Just the breaks of the game.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #604
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Ace?!
Old 04-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #605
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'll agree that my statement was harsh. He's done his best.

But he should have been gone two years ago.

EDIT: I'm a hot head. Probably the type of fan you hate being around. Spew shit in the heat of the moment all the time.

My anger gets taken out on Harang but my anger should be directed at the front office. I'm tired, just like everybody else, of watching this decade of bullshit. The past few years Aaron Harang should not have been the #1 pitcher on this team. Could he have been in the rotation, sure. But there is no way they were going to compete, or will compete, with him as the anchor. His time here has been great, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and watch him get shelled and be happy about it.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 04-21-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #606
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll agree that my statement was harsh. He's done his best.

But he should have been gone two years ago.

They can say it had nothing to do with his demise but here are his stats...

Aaron Harang Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

Notice that one game in relief in 2008. He's never been the same since. Period. Look especially at his rate stats from before that season to that season.

And just to drive the point home...

Aaron Harang 2008 Pitching Gamelogs - Baseball-Reference.com

Check out his numbers before that relief outing and after and notice the difference.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #607
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Ace?!

my post was referring to big z.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #608
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

Notice that one game in relief in 2008. He's never been the same since. Period. Look especially at his rate stats from before that season to that season.

Check out his numbers before that relief outing and after and notice the difference.

Yea, I remember '08. Typical Reds baseball. Only two of those early starts went less then six innings. Typical Reds baseball when Harang pitches as well. 2-6 record.

Like I said, I say stupid shit in the heat of the moment. It's only been 3 seasons since a stellar year, but I think 3 years is too long to keep him in the #1 spot since then with his production.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #609
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yea, I remember '08. Typical Reds baseball. Only two of those early starts went less then six innings. Typical Reds baseball when Harang pitches as well. 2-6 record.

Like I said, I say stupid shit in the heat of the moment. It's only been 3 seasons since a stellar year, but I think 3 years is too long to keep him in the #1 spot since then with his production.

Their problem right now is they have three number three starters and two number fours.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #610
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

This Darnell McDonald shit is getting ridiculous.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #611
JS19
College Prospect

Keith Hernandez is awesome. Carlos Silva squares to bunt on a 2-2 count (2 outs, nobody on, not that it matters)...."No comment, I've been overly critical.... The Cubs are just terrible". This comes after Soto hits a ball off the wall and is tagged out at 2nd as he slid and didn't even reach the base.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #612
lungs
Pro Rookie

Ping stevew: I sense another bean ball war between the Brewers and Pirates.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #613
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Their problem right now is they have three number three starters and two number fours.

A typical Reds rotation. Like I said, the past couple of years my problem wasn't necessarily that Harang was a red. It was just the fact that he was the name next to the #1 spot in the rotation.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #614
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Another arm on Dusty's scrapheap. I remember that game, too. He was on my fantasy team. And he was on it again in 2009 as a possible comeback candidate. But he's never been the same after that one dark night.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-21-2010 at 09:31 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #615
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Well looks like I didn't even make it to May before the Reds became uninteresting.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #616
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

silva brilliant again!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #617
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Good deal for MLB.tv users if you own a PS3. You can now use your subscription on the PS3 as well. Nice to have the option to watch it on your TV without connecting the computer.

Sony's PlayStation Network adds MLB.TV to its lineup - Game Hunters: In search of video games and interactive awesomeness - USATODAY.com
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #618
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Good deal for MLB.tv users if you own a PS3. You can now use your subscription on the PS3 as well. Nice to have the option to watch it on your TV without connecting the computer.

Sony's PlayStation Network adds MLB.TV to its lineup - Game Hunters: In search of video games and interactive awesomeness - USATODAY.com

Wow...I've been waiting for something like this for the last two years. Love it!
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #619
JS19
College Prospect

Ouch. Brewers win 20-0 against the Pirates, collecting 25 hits.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #620
stevew
Hall Of Famer

jesus christ. This is turning into a nightmare. Not that i expected much better. But shit.

Serious time to start thinking about changing the leadership/holding some young players accountable.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #621
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just out of curiosity I checked the Pirates pitching staff.

Currently 4 of their 11 pitchers on the roster actually have season ERA's under their career averages and 5 of 11 have a WHIP better than their career average. I'm thinking this may not get a lot better with the staff as currently constituted.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #622
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What's the ETA on the 2 Indian pitchers they signed last year?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #623
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Just out of curiosity I checked the Pirates pitching staff.

Currently 4 of their 11 pitchers on the roster actually have season ERA's under their career averages and 5 of 11 have a WHIP better than their career average. I'm thinking this may not get a lot better with the staff as currently constituted.

It's just unacceptable to have such a poorly constructed staff in April. You have the lowest payroll in the majors by a ton. None of the guys Morton/Sucky Mccutchen did anything last year to deserve to be a lock to be in a major league starting rotation.
They could have hit the scrap heap a bit harder, I'm about ready to check out on the season til Alvarez gets called up. It's fairly obvious that the management has.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #624
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
What's the ETA on the 2 Indian pitchers they signed last year?

Never?
Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #625
mckerney
Coordinator

Bah, hopefully the Twins will actually be able to sweep a series soon.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #626
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Livo's 0.00 ERA is gone.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #627
Philliesfan980
Banned

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in another thread on here, but PS3 now has a free app in their store which allow you to use your MLB.COM TV subscription on your PS3 to watch games -

PS3 Device Overview | MLB.com: Subscriptions

I downloaded the product and am giving it a test run right now. Clarity isn't quite as good as my 17 inch laptop screen, but it's very very watchable. I'll trade the slight quality downgrade to be able to sit on the couch and not be tied to the computer. It seems to have most of the features that the computer version has, such as being able to pause, go back to a specific inning, etc.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #628
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It's just unacceptable to have such a poorly constructed staff in April. You have the lowest payroll in the majors by a ton.

Then again, with today's loss they're a game behind the Brewers with a roster that costs less than half of Milwaukee's.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #629
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Watching Tigers-Angels right now. Ryan Perry on the mound. A question and a comment for Tigers' fans:

Q: Just how many pitchers who can hit triple digits do you guys have?

C: Perry looks like the closer in the final game in The Natural.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 AM   #630
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Watching Tigers-Angels right now. Ryan Perry on the mound. A question and a comment for Tigers' fans:

Q: Just how many pitchers who can hit triple digits do you guys have?

C: Perry looks like the closer in the final game in The Natural.

Ha yes, Perry does look like that guy. As far as guys who throw a 100, christ I don't even know. Verlander, Zumaya and Perry for sure. We have a couple kids in the minors who could end up in the pen who touch close to it as well.

Dombrowski loves to stockpile huge arms that is for sure.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #631
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Ha yes, Perry does look like that guy. As far as guys who throw a 100, christ I don't even know. Verlander, Zumaya and Perry for sure. We have a couple kids in the minors who could end up in the pen who touch close to it as well.

Dombrowski loves to stockpile huge arms that is for sure.

Can Scherzer throw that hard?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #632
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ike Davis with his first homerun and it was a bomb. Kid has been a real shot in the arm.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #633
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Oooooof. McLouth JUST missed a game tying 3 run HR.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #634
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Atlanta's been playing some awful defense during this losing streak. The awful hitting doesn't help things.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #635
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Chisox with the sweep! maybe, just maybe they are turning it around. Although they still can't hit, live and die by the home run (still) but after back to back walk off home run wins, they won today with a go ahead home run in the 8th by Paulie

anyway, it looks like Paul Konerko is gonna have an excellent season, Andruw Jones is already hitting above all expectations IMO, Alex Rios doesn't look awful, the team is running like crazy, and John Danks @ 3-0 afer 4 starts looks like an early Cy Young Contender and is also leading the American League in Strike Outs, has a .86 WHIP and a 1.55 ERA.

I'm trying to be optimistic here, but it is certainly possible this is just a 80 win team.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #636
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Dola, I knew we were running a lot, but we are 4th in the Majors as a team in stolen bases with 19, just behind the Nats (20) Rangers (20) and Rays (21)

we are 2nd in stolen bases attempted though @ 26 the leader is the Rays with 27

I like that we are running more, we haven't been a running team for a long long time, and certainly not in the last decade.

EDIT: I don't know if this counts todays games though. but we had 2 more SB today with none caught. Pierre has 9, and Alex Rios has 5. I never would of thought that next on the list was Andruw Jones with 3, I guess he really did lose some weight this offseason, lol.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 04-25-2010 at 08:05 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #637
SackAttack
Head Coach

It's not that the Sox are a running team...it's that they have Juan Pierre.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #638
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
It's not that the Sox are a running team...it's that they have Juan Pierre.

while this is true, I remember reading some articles before the acquisition that Ozzie regardless of who we signed was gonna make the whole team run more this season, it was one of his goals I guess. having Pierre and Alex Rios does help though.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #639
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It's just unacceptable to have such a poorly constructed staff in April

Kind of how I feel about the Braves lineup.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #640
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

No shit.

Another GDP by Glaus.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #641
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
while this is true, I remember reading some articles before the acquisition that Ozzie regardless of who we signed was gonna make the whole team run more this season, it was one of his goals I guess. having Pierre and Alex Rios does help though.

Half of your team's stolen bases are from Pierre.

Frankly, what Ozzie wanted is pretty irrelevant.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #642
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

David Price with a complete game shutout. Love it!
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #643
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we've scored about 10 runs since last sunday.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:26 AM   #644
korme
Go Reds

Yay, we get to play the Astros next.

I wonder how good we can make Bud Norris look.

Last edited by korme : 04-26-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:42 AM   #645
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

i'm just glad the chisox are running more, I dont really care who steals the bases. The whole team is running more, and its a good thing.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #646
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Damn Howard got PAID. 5/125 extension.

Phillies Sign Howard to $125 Million Extension
Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #647
Ksyrup

Yuck.

Paying a 37 year old "big body" guy like that $25M at the end of his deal? Fuck me. I'm not sure I even like that deal at age 34.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-26-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #648
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Could be worse. The Mets didn't want to pay Bobby Bonilla a $5.9 mil bonus he was supposed to get in 2000. So instead, they agreed to defer the payments to the tune of $1.2 mil per year from 2011 to 2035!

Noble Thoughts: The Mets are adding payroll (sort of)
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #649
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Could be worse. The Mets didn't want to pay Bobby Bonilla a $5.9 mil bonus he was supposed to get in 2000. So instead, they agreed to defer the payments to the tune of $1.2 mil per year from 2011 to 2035!

Noble Thoughts: The Mets are adding payroll (sort of)

Hahahahaha. What. The. Fuck. !!!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #650
Ksyrup

I remember that deal. They paid him - the second time - to go away, for what amounts to a lottery ticket in his old age.